Author Topic: DVD Easter Eggs  (Read 44781 times)

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: DVD Easter Eggs
« Reply #60 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 12:47 AM »
Glengarry GlenRoss

1. Insert Disc Two.

2. When the main menu comes up, click on “Special Features.”

3. You should get a menu of special features, but there is an extra feature hidden to the left of the menu. If you’re accessing the DVD on a computer, take your cursor over to the door in the background of the Special Features menu. Or, if you’re accessing the DVD on a TV screen, scroll down until you highlight “Main Menu” and then hit the “Left” button on your DVD remote.

4. The word “BAR” should be highlighted on the door. Click on it.

You are then treated to a 7-and-a-half minute reel of auditioning actors taking a crack at the infamous Blake (Alec Baldwin) monologue in the movie.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 12:48 AM »
Se7en : New Line Platinum Series

Disc 1:
About 3/4 of the way through the 1st commentary, with Fincher, Pitt and Freeman, another (unlisted) commentary starts up, with an actor integral to the whole surprise appearance of him in the movie. Although most people KNOW who I'm talking about, I'd rather not spoil it for the people who havent seen it.

Go to the menu on the first disc. Bring up the Set Up Options. Highlight the paper clip. Press Enter. It brings up the pattern you see when a TV station goes off the air.

Disc 2:
Go to the main menu. Scroll down until you get to the last option. On the right you will see the "SE7EN" logo. Once you're at the last option, hit the right button and a square under the logo will light up. Hit the enter button, and you will be able to page through the credits of the technical companies who contributed to the DVD.

As you're reading the credits, look for the logo of each company. Highlighting them will take you to additional information about them.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 12:50 AM »
Gladiator Signature Series

To access the hidden feature, insert the second disc of the set - the one with all the supplemental material - and go to the disc's main menu.

From there, go to the second page of special features where you select 'Trailers and TV Spots.' In this submenu, press the 'Left' arrow key on your remote control and the amulet around Richard Harris' neck will be highlighted. If you press 'Enter' now you will get to see a special 'Chicken Run' trailer that is themed after 'Gladiator' and even uses the film's music.

There's another hidden feature on the supplemental disc of the set that you should check out. Go to the 'Storyboards' menu on that disc and chose the Rhino Fight - a scene that never made it into the film. When the first storyboard comes up, press the arrow 'Up' key on your remote control and you will highlight the rhino in the center frame. Press 'Enter' now and you can read the script for the proposed scene and can even take a look at some of the CGI test footage prepared for it.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 12:51 AM »
Magnolia: Platinum Series

New Line Home Video has hidden some great outtakes and bloopers on their 2-disc Special Edition of 'Magnolia.'

In best Criterion manner you can find color bars on the first disc of the box set which can help adjusting your TV set. Simply select these 'Color Bars' from the disc's main menu and wait for about 20 seconds. Suddenly the bars disappear and are replaced by 8 minutes of hilarious bloopers and outtakes from the movie. Check out Tom Cruise messing up his lines, or Luis Guzman in his 'Bath' scene.

Once the bloopers are over, the disc will return to its 'regular programming' - the color bars.

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 12:53 AM »
The Italian Job: Collector's Edition

2003 Version

From the DVD’s Main Menu go to the 'Special Features' section and there highlight the menu entry 'Pedal To The Metal.' Now, press the 'Left' arrow key on your remote control and a mini cooper will be highlighted at the top of the screen. Press 'Enter' now and you will get to see a few minutes of outtakes with Seth Green as he is working out his 'Handsome Rob picks up the cable girl' imitation.

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #65 on: Jan 08, 2005 at 12:54 AM »
dude.. please post the URL source of the easter eggs.. thanks.. :)

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 01:50 PM »
I am using dvdprofiler and it has a DVD Easter Egg tab which supposedly lists the easter eggs in a DVD.
Would anyone know if this is complete?

thanks...
dni O0

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 01:52 PM »
dude.. please post the URL source of the easter eggs.. thanks.. :)

it's automatic on dvd profiler sir hemi as dnl has mentioned as well  ;D... once you load the dvd title, as long as the dition is correct and may data sila, the easter eggs are included...

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 01:54 PM »
galing ah...  complete na pala yun!  thanks jeck!  :)

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 01:59 PM »
galing ah...  complete na pala yun!  thanks jeck!  :)

welcome dni, actually depends on their files kung may easter eggs for the titles... just regularly download new title profiles from their site when you use dvdprofiler...  ;)

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jan 09, 2005 at 02:19 PM »
ok salamat ulit  :)

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #71 on: Jan 21, 2005 at 03:00 PM »
The Platinum Extended Edition of the Return of the King has a funny easter egg where Dominic Monaghan (Merry), pretending to be a German journalist, interviews Elijah Wood. It's in the 1st appendice disc.
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Feb 18, 2005 at 12:42 PM »
The Platinum Extended Edition of the Return of the King has a funny easter egg where Dominic Monaghan (Merry), pretending to be a German journalist, interviews Elijah Wood. It's in the 1st appendice disc.

Check out disc two also. with the same manner of finding the E Egg of the first disc, you will see vince vaugh and ben stiller interviewing peter jackson both parties throwing out jokes on each other! very hilarious!
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Feb 18, 2005 at 05:43 PM »
Lord of the Rings, The: The Return of the King - Extended Edition

Easter egg(s)

Gag Interview; 2004 MTV Movie Awards Skit; DVD Credits
Disc 1--Go to the Scene Selections menus, and highlight the horizontal picture of the last chapter on Disc 1. Press down on your remote control’s direction pad to highlight a ring icon. Click on the ring icon to watch a gag interview with Elijah Wood conducted by Dominica Monaghan.

Disc 2--Go to the Scene Selections menus, and highlight the horizontal picture of the last chapter on Disc 2. Press down on your remote control’s direction pad to highlight a ring icon. Click on the ring icon to watch a skit that played during the 2004 MTV Movie Awards.

Discs 3 and 4--Go to the Main Menu, and move the menu cursor to the circle icon at the bottom of the page. Click on the icon to access the DVDs’ production credits.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2005 at 04:21 PM »
forgive my ignorance,

how can i access the easter egg of the R3 Matrix?

thanks
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2005 at 01:23 PM by Dowals »
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2005 at 12:52 PM »
If you're referring to the Red Pill. Just continue to press the down arrow in the Special Features menu until it pops up. If it's the "Follow the White Rabbit" feature you're referring to, I think it's on the second page of the SF menu. I have to check, saw these pagkabili ko nung Matrix upon its release. I'll post again tmw. ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2005 at 10:36 AM »
If you're referring to the Red Pill. Just continue to press the down arrow in the Special Features menu until it pops up. If it's the "Follow the White Rabbit" feature you're referring to, I think it's on the second page of the SF menu. I have to check, saw these pagkabili ko nung Matrix upon its release. I'll post again tmw. ;D

Thanks Mr. seph,

I saw the red pill already, havn't tried the white rabbit yet, i dont know how to access it

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2005 at 12:15 PM »
just saw the Hellboy 3 disc Dir CUt Easter Egg. it's in menu of the first disc. Del Toro is commenting on the introduction he made. very short freebie though ;)
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2005 at 06:15 PM »
Karate Kid Special Edition R3 which i got for 320 from the Astro Waltermart Sale
similar to !st Disc of the Karate Kid Collection R1

Karate Lessons:

Access the 'Special Features' option. From there, highlight the feature that mentions "form" in it. Press LEFT twice to highlight Daniel's headband. Press ENTER to select the headband and reveal the film's karate coordinator, Pat Johnson, and his students reenact the final tournament sequence from the first film.

"Moment of Truth" Music Video:

Go to the Scene Selection Menu. From there, highlight 'Chapter 2.' Arrow UP to highlight a pair of chopsticks over the fly. Press ENTER to view Survivor's "Moment of Truth" music video

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2005 at 03:29 PM »
share ko lang.

sa lahat ng dvd's na binibili ko, the first thing i look for is kung meron siyang eater egg. kung meron, i try to print the eggs and isasama ko sa inserts sa dvd, that way, pag view ko sila uli, meron na akon guide...  ;D

Offline ericz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re:DVD Easter Eggs
« Reply #80 on: Jun 21, 2005 at 01:12 PM »
ya know what??? ako rin. di ko ma-access ang easter egg ng ID4.

i get as far as making the ship rise on disc two... but that seems to be it.

what gives?? was this easter egg a HOAX?!!

spiff.

(aaaah. it feels good to know you are not alone...)

Tried it recently with my ID4 2-disc Special Edition r3.  It works!

In disc 2, highlight the data console and press 7, 4 then enter.  You'll find the alien saucer levitate in the background and you'll find yourself inside the saucer.

Inside, you'll have access to news footages shot for the film, as well as all destruction footages!

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #81 on: Jun 21, 2005 at 01:19 PM »
How do you access the Constantine DVD easter egg(s)?

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jun 27, 2005 at 10:06 AM »
How do you access the Constantine DVD easter egg(s)?

found 2 easter eggs. both are in the special features disc. it can be accessed when you try to press the right arrow key, the "creature drawing to the right" will have a highlighted portion and when you click it you will be able to access them.  will try to be more specific later when i check the discs at home...having trouble with my player kasi..... ;D

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jun 27, 2005 at 10:14 AM »
found 2 easter eggs. both are in the special features disc. it can be accessed when you try to press the right arrow key, the "creature drawing to the right" will have a highlighted portion and when you click it you will be able to access them. will try to be more specific later when i check the discs at home...having trouble with my player kasi..... ;D

I already found one which is the "Writer's Vision". It's accessible by highlighting "Production from Hell" on disc 2, then pressing the right arrow key to highlight a cross symbol on the skull's forehead on the right.

I don't know about the second Easter Egg.

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jun 27, 2005 at 10:26 AM »
the second one shows the make-up process for gavin rossdale... you can access it the same way you were able to access the writer's vision - by pressing right arrow key and finding the cross symbol on the creature... its jaz on a different menu screen...  :D

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jul 14, 2005 at 05:46 PM »
I was scanning the DVD menu of Elephant, not really a notable egg but an egg nonetheless.

press on the up or down buttons of your remote until you highlight the HBOfilms logo. Click on it, and it will take you to the credits of the DVD production.

This egg can be found on side A of the DVD, where in the movie is. Elephant (A Columbine-esque film directed by Gus van Sant) DVD is a flipper. Features on side B.  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005 at 11:56 PM by riverfan »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 08, 2005 at 11:24 AM »
I don't know if this was posted already, but I recently found an easter egg in the R3 release (VIVA) of Me, Myself & Irene, here's how to access it:

1.  In the main menu, access the Chapter Selection
2.  Highlight and choose chapters 13-15
3.  Press the right button on your remote and a shadow of Charlie (Jim Carey)will appear
4.  Highlight the shadow and press ok, you'll see a hidden bloopers reel

please check also the video after the credits found at the end of the film, you'll see Irene, Whitey, Charlie & the 3 sons fishing the lost thumb, very hilarious!

enjoy!

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Aug 08, 2005 at 12:27 PM »
Found three (3) easter eggs on Disc 2 of the R1 fullscreen release of The Incredibles

1.  On the main menu, wait for the animation to finish, an icon of KRONOS will appear on the upper right of the screen, highlight and press ok, you'll see a hidden reel

2.  Access the deleted scenes on the main menu, same as the #1, highlight the KRONOS icon and press ok, you'll see a hidden reel on what Dash did to the teacher during class

3.  Access the Behind the scenes in the Main Menu, after the animation, highlight & Press ok the KRONOS icon, you'll find another hidden video/feature

Happy hunting!
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2005 at 12:32 PM by Dowals »

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 12:08 AM »
3 easter eggs Iron Giant - SE

navigate the menus till you come across three objects and click on them.

The glasses of the teacher.
(deleted scene)

The Giant's hand
(animation of the giant dancing)

and the rolled up white screen.
(letter)

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 11:07 AM »

The Incredibles
On Disney’s DVD release of the animated Pixar masterpiece 'The Incredibles' the studio has also added some extras, hidden from immediate view.

Let’s start on the first disc of the DVD set. From the Main Menu go to the 'Commentaries' section and there simply wait for a little while. Eventually a silhouette of Mr. Incredible will show up which you can select using the directional keys on your remote control. Press 'Enter' then and you will see some clips of Mr. Incredible doing some delightfully ordinary dancing in his living room.

Now, insert the second disc of the DVD set in your player and on the Main Menu, highlight the menu entry 'Intro' and then wait for some time without doing anything. After about 20 seconds or so, the Omnidroid will appear on the menu. Now press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control to highlight Omnidroid and press the 'Enter' key and view a series of explosions from the movie.

Now go to the 'Deleted Scenes' menu on the second disc. An icon of the Omnidroid will eventually appear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the icon, then press 'Enter.' You'll see a deleted scene of what took place before Dash put the thumbtack on the teacher's chair.

Now, go to the 'Behind The Scenes' menu. The menu will cycle through each family member. When it gets to Jack Jack, an icon of an Omnidroid will eventually appear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Press 'Up' on your remote control to highlight the icon, then press 'Enter' to see one of two clips. The first clip has Brad Bird talking about Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston (veteran Disney animators), while the second clip is titled 'Markisms'.

Let’s go on to the 'More Making Of The Incredibles' section now. An icon of an
Omnidroid will eventually appear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Press 'Up' on your remote control to highlight the icon, then press 'Enter' to see one of two randomly selected clips. The first clip is a rough animation of Dash and one of the guards, while the second clip is a rough animation of Mr. Incredible throwing a rock at a guard.

In the 'Publicity' section of the disc an icon of an Omnidroid will also appear after some time, this time in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Press 'Up' to highlight the icon, then press 'Enter' to see one of two random clips. The first clip features Dash & Mr. Incredible, while
the second clip features Mr. Incredible & Frozone.

Time to visit the 'Set Up' menu. An icon of an Omnidroid will eventually appear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Press 'Up' followed by 'Enter' and you’ll see a hilarious sock-puppet version of the movie!

Now go to the 'Index' menu on the disc. On the first page of the menu, an icon of an Omnidroid will appear after a while. Press the 'Up' arrow key on your remote control to highlight the icon, then press 'Enter.' You'll see a clip about the cake-eating scene. On the second page of the menu, an icon of an Omnidroid will eventually appear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Press 'Up' and then 'Enter' to see a Pixar employee being attacked by a big red ball!
This exciting feature has been submitted to us by Pierre Meunier and Kathleen Bedford.

Meron din bang ganitong hidden features yung Region 3 release? Ang swerte pala ng nakakuha ng R1 during the sale
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2005 at 11:09 AM by Quitacet »