Author Topic: Audio Server /Headless Audio Player/ (now with Tidal HiFidelity Streaming)  (Read 93525 times)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
I have been using a headless player via PC solely for audio use since 2015 and I feel its one of the best way to enjoy a good digital source.  Once you have solved the jitter and noise filtering plus the re-clocking, then, you will need a good DAC which every year there is a new product ..... hehehehe

Hi joey. Exactly How did u get rid of jitter and improve on reclocking? R u using nuc or a mac mini? My method is via aq jitterbug+ddc+pc control panel settings towards audio-only application....is this all or ami still missing something? Still Linux os?
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Blackstar

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • DVD Guru
  • Generals gathered in their masses...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1545
bookmarking...
Music made me who I am today.

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
Hi Alan.  I am using an assembled fanless PC with an outboard linear powersupply.  The PC casing is also crucial since it has a heat sink which will manage the CPU temperature in the absence of the CPU fan.   In order to evade the jitter from the mother board, I bypassed the internal USB of the motherboard and installed a USB card with the OCXO Clock so that the digital signal will not be transmitted into internal USB bus.  And when the digital signal goes out of the PC, I used iFi's iPower which will supply clean power into the USB line while transmitting the digital signal into the DAC via USB.   Some of the tweaks for the PC includes better SATA cables for the memory drive connectors.  I use Samsung SSDs for the OS and the Music storage separately.  Internal RAM used is 16GB to minimize memory access which allows cooler operation of the CPU.  If possible, do not use mechanical hard drives since it has vibration/moving parts and also consumes more power.  As of now, I also am using Daphile as my music software as it is Linux based and operates headless (w/o a monitor).  A headless PC is better than running it with a monitor connected to it.  A monitor consumes power and also makes the video card work which can also be a source of jitter and adds to the resources that the CPU will process.

Jitterbug is fine but it uses the motherboard USB bus and powersupply.

Hi joey. Exactly How did u get rid of jitter and improve on reclocking? R u using nuc or a mac mini? My method is via aq jitterbug+ddc+pc control panel settings towards audio-only application....is this all or ami still missing something? Still Linux os?

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
The main star of the chain will be the apps feature of remote control via network. Everything else works like your normal source-amp-speaker setup. Not rocket science imo. I always read the same recommendations in different audio sites that usually complicates things (measureable but maybe more placebo). All the convenience has already been provided by the music app.

Offline ndotcom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • verbum sat sapienti est
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
Hello, binasa ko from start pero hilo lito pa rin ako please in the simplest form kindly post a guideline/steps/procedure from zero using Raspberry Pi.

Pasensya if naulit na yung tanong or request, if ever please point me to it.

At dahil sa nagmahal na rin Raspberry Pi 3/4 pwede na ba gamitin Orange Pi
https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/orange-pi-pc-h3-quad-core-1gb-with-usb-power-cable-i413240079.html

Maraming salamat.

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1893
Hello, binasa ko from start pero hilo lito pa rin ako please in the simplest form kindly post a guideline/steps/procedure from zero using Raspberry Pi.

Pasensya if naulit na yung tanong or request, if ever please point me to it.

At dahil sa nagmahal na rin Raspberry Pi 3/4 pwede na ba gamitin Orange Pi
https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/orange-pi-pc-h3-quad-core-1gb-with-usb-power-cable-i413240079.html

Maraming salamat.

i'm using Volumio OS now. may instructions on their website on how to install the OS.  kaya lang, not sure if the RPi OS will work on the orange Pi

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
anybody have any tips, my Cambridge CXN v2 connects to the Stream Magic app on my IPAD, but doesn't play. (before walang problema, just late last year this started acting up).
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
it doesn't play only when you use your ipad?

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
it doesn't play only when you use your ipad?

same w/ the phone, the Stream Magic app connects the posters on both phones & streamer deck appears but it doesn't play. I tried to search online for solutions, but to no avail. all versions are fully updated. There's one suggestion I cross though, reverse to old version of the TIDAL app. I don't even know how to do that.

Offline bogart.2006

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Last year, started using the Wiim Mini and quite happy with it.

I still have the Pi which runs Volumio, but find myself always using the Wiim kasi may Tidal Connect

Offline gambit21

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Collector
  • We Strike!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
i concur sir, the wiim mini is a steal for its price and capabilities.  i have it hooked up to my rme adi dac, and got much better sonics as compared to the wiim's on-board dac.

Offline bogart.2006

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
i concur sir, the wiim mini is a steal for its price and capabilities.  i have it hooked up to my rme adi dac, and got much better sonics as compared to the wiim's on-board dac.

yeah, same here. using external dac din

Offline RastaSega

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
same w/ the phone, the Stream Magic app connects the posters on both phones & streamer deck appears but it doesn't play. I tried to search online for solutions, but to no avail. all versions are fully updated. There's one suggestion I cross though, reverse to old version of the TIDAL app. I don't even know how to do that.

I just checked mine, and true enough I'm having the same problem as you are. Bad trip. Spotify works well, Tidal ayaw mag play.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I just checked mine, and true enough I'm having the same problem as you are. Bad trip. Spotify works well, Tidal ayaw mag play.

If you solve yours , please share on the process