Author Topic: DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY  (Read 29762 times)

Offline Nilo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY
« on: Oct 04, 2002 at 06:28 PM »
 ???DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY...was the first to build powered subwoofers into tower speakers and the result changed loudspeakers forever.Now they are performingthe same magic for the bookshelf spekers and they too will never be the same. ;D ;D ;D :o
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2002 at 12:45 AM by luis »

Offline Nilo

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
The worlds most highly reviewed...spkrs.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2002 at 07:02 PM »
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY....My first choice! ;D ;D
Check the reviews and find out...!!!visit their site at
www.definitivetech.com  or at the 2nd flr.Robinsons Galleria..Call Audio/Video center.
* SOUND & VISION-CRITIC'S CHOICE
* HOME ENTERTAINMENT- EDITOR'S CHOICE
* SOUND & VISION- SHOW STOPPERS
* GRAMOPHONE MAGAZINE-EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD
                                             SPEAKER OF THE YEAR
* WINNER OF THE HI-FI GRAND PRIX AWARD-from AUDIO  VIDEO
* HOME ENTERTAINMENT- BEST BUY
* C-NET  - EDITORS CHOICE
* DESIGN AND ENGINEERING HONORS-by INNOVATIONS CONSUMER ELECTRONICS SHOW
* HOME CINEMA CHOICE BEST BUY
* STEREOPHILE-GUIDE TO HOME THEATRE RECOMMENDED COMPONENT
* VIVA GOLD
* V.TV
* E-TOWN -GOLDEN PLUG WINNER
* VIDEO MAGAZINE- 5 STAR RATING
* AV MAX -BEST BUY
* SOUND & VISION - REVIEWER'S CHOICE AWARDS
* AV MAX - BEST OF THE BEST AWARD
* ETC......... ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2002 at 12:43 AM by bently »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
Re:DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2002 at 12:48 AM »
Hi and Welcome to pinoydvd,

I edited your title and merged your threads. Do you own a shop? You can open a thread for your shop under general topic and use it for all your products and events. Thank you.

levi

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
looking for the most reviewed speaker...
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2002 at 12:49 AM »
a high rating doesn't really mean that its the most reviewed speaker....
if your really looking for the most reviewed speaker...
my guess would be Bose speakers.
they have been in the market longer than definitive tech.
plus with all the bashing around the different forums about Bose speakers, i'd say this has gotta to be the most reviewed/popular speaker in the world.

but thats just me.  :)

bently
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2002 at 12:52 AM by bently »
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline madrigal

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2002 at 10:07 AM »
To bently:
   Youre right about bose.    Plus They have  great commercial speakers.  Mahal lang nga talaga.
    They may not sound the best but the marketing is great.

Bought a bose myself but sold it recently due to Pinoy DVD threads about hating bose.

Offline rabai

• Apprentice
  • mr. nice guy
  • Liked:
DEFINITIVE SPEAKER
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2002 at 10:54 AM »
hi pipol,
     we're the distributor of def speakers here in the phils.
      if you have any inquiry pls post it na lang here or
tawag kayo sa 5225698 look for REY- magaling yang taong yan marami tayong matutunan sa kanya.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Definitive Speakers
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2002 at 03:55 PM »
Hey dudes,

Like to buy new set of speakers...this is an exclusive promo to pinoy DVD:

Pro Tower 400, 250W w/ built in Sub Regular price P60,000, Promo price P48,000 (per pair)

Pro Monitor 200, 200W, Regular price P19,950 Promo price P16,000 (per pair)

This are brand new and limited stocks only. If interested please call at 522-5698

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
New Speakers from Definitive Technology
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2003 at 07:24 PM »
Hey Guys,

Available na ang Studio Monitor 350 Speakers....and soon we will release the Promonitor60 and the Mythos.

I would like to know kung may interested with this speakers and how do you like to be bought. As a seperate or package na with a DVD-Receiver. We are thingking of packaging it with NAD L70 or The solution series.

Please let us know mga pare...the SM350 is the answer of definitive who is looking for a bookshelf type speakers which before wala sila.

While the PM60 are for startes, na medyo ayaw ni misis ang malalaking speakers. Kasi medyo maliit ito pero sounds good as other Definitive speaker. Walang problema kay misis kasi bagay sa interior ng bahay niya

Offline dakila7

• Apprentice
  • Hoya!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 31, 2003 at 02:43 PM »
yo peeps,

if y'all want to check the local prices online of definitive tech spkrs... do check them out at www.avsurfer.com and browse through the sites other product pages.

good going SSC....

dakila7

The Leading Proponent In Digital Lifestyle
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2003 at 04:43 PM »
Hi guys,

Check-out the review of Studio Monitor 350, all the items are available na except for the supercube.

Please read about it
www.definitivetech.com/reviews/SCin350HT4c.pdf

Offline bingvillamor

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Apr 29, 2003 at 10:32 PM »
redkoji,
When I power on and off my ProSub80, a large thumping sound is heard.  After turning the volume on to 29dB,  the sub no longer does its 'thumping' when powering it off and on.  What gives?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2003 at 12:00 PM »
redkoji,
When I power on and off my ProSub80, a large thumping sound is heard.  After turning the volume on to 29dB,  the sub no longer does its 'thumping' when powering it off and on.  What gives?

Since the design of Definitive Pro Sub are quite different from others...the thump sound is quite normal. The normal approach in using our equipment when turning on is that we start at the lowest level, thus if your start at a high volume the thumping occurs. Moreover, Prosub's are equipped with automatic off-on, so there no need to turn it off. The auto shut/on work if the sub has not received any signal from the signal source for a few minutes.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 30, 2003 at 11:12 AM »
Hey anytime soon we will be launching the ProCinema 60 series...Interested?

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
Re:looking for the most reviewed speaker...
« Reply #13 on: Aug 30, 2003 at 08:21 PM »
a high rating doesn't really mean that its the most reviewed speaker....
if your really looking for the most reviewed speaker...
my guess would be Bose speakers.
they have been in the market longer than definitive tech.
plus with all the bashing around the different forums about Bose speakers, i'd say this has gotta to be the most reviewed/popular speaker in the world.

but thats just me.  :)

bently

Hello, medyo OT ito, but why is it BOSE are usually out sa pinoy dvd? We own 2 sets of BOSE201 rated at 150 watts, I say it still sounds better than some.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Aug 31, 2003 at 12:52 AM »
Check the Bose thread. Bose Speakers

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 31, 2003 at 10:49 AM »
sigma> Cause you been duped into buying some over priced crap. Simply put.

Bose is nothing but overhype crap. Na no person who knows about speakers will even consider buying.
Bose markets their products as technological advanced.. yeah.. what a laugh. those jewel speakers have been around since 80s.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #16 on: Aug 31, 2003 at 11:09 AM »
sigma> Cause you been duped into buying some over priced crap. Simply put.

Bose is nothing but overhype crap. Na no person who knows about speakers will even consider buying.
Bose markets their products as technological advanced.. yeah.. what a laugh. those jewel speakers have been around since 80s.

aray, that was a big rock thrown our way... hahaha...

anyway, listening depends on one's preference, affordability and satisfaction...

i still retained my Bose Acoustimas and nope, didn't got them for an arm and a leg price :-)

am i totally ignorant of speakers, technologies and other factors? maybe I can't claim 100% knowledge but at least I know my fundamentals...

I guess, in this board, we just can't afford to just issue out a generalization for some people like myself who continue to use a very unpopular brand in this forum... my satisfaction doesn't need to be based on the satisfaction of those who claim a lot to be gurus of this trade.

to be constructive, we can just provide information useful for other people not merely stereotyping them because of the brands, models and stuff that they use.

i think plainly put, Bose is damn too expensive for the features it promises compared to other brands... of course, if you got it for a song, not bad keeping it either.

oh, a little trivia, the tread that moderator Levi has pointed out contains a lot of references on this discussion... and your's truly innocently started a thread which turned out to be quite emotional discussion for some... quite educational nevertheless... but at the end of the day, you decide what is best for you and not others...
PEACE  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2003 at 11:11 AM by jackryan »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 06:19 PM »
I hope you don't mind if we cut-off BOSE here....

Are there any Definitive users here, we want to know your prespective regarding your usage of this speaker brands....

Thanks in advance

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2003 at 11:10 AM »
I guess most of the buyers of Definitive are not PinoyDVD members, since wala pa rin nag-comment until now.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 22, 2003 at 06:11 PM »
Last pair of New BP10 is available for those who are interested. This are none stockable items...kaya para dun sa interesado..this will be a negotiated sale.

Offline Narayan

• Trade Count: (+362)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • When we change. . . the world changes with us.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #20 on: Sep 22, 2003 at 06:57 PM »
Last pair of New BP10 is available for those who are interested. This are none stockable items...kaya para dun sa interesado..this will be a negotiated sale.

Can you PM me price and specs. Thanks
Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC
Meadowlark Kestrel 2/ERA D10

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 23, 2003 at 11:41 AM »
The BP10 has a regular price of P48,000.00. Contact me na lang for a special pricing for this seal, new and last pair.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 10:50 AM »
STEREO REVIEW’S SOUND & VISION
Test report BY  RICH WARREN

http://www.definitivetech.com/reviews/BP2006TLSV/BP2006TL_SV.html

BP 2006TL Home Theater Speaker System

"The highest praise any speaker system can garner” equels   dominate   movie   and   home theater  screens:  Star  Trek  surpassed The  Godfather   in  generations,  and Star  Wars  bent  space  and  time  into prequels.   So   why   not   sequels   for home   theater   speakers,   too?   The BP2006TL continues     Definitive Technology’s   tradition   of   producing   bipolar, floor-standing   speakers   with   built-in   powered subwoofers.  To  create  a  home  theater  system around  the  2006TLs,  I  used  Def  Tech’s  new
CLR 2300 speaker to handle the center channel — it also contains a powered sub — and a pair of small BP 2X bipolar speakers for the surrounds.

The  2006TL  columns  stand  about  waist  high and are cloaked in a black knit “sock” with lac- quered black end caps. Less than a foot deep and half  as  wide,  they  occupy  minimal  floor  spaceand  could  ease  some  domestic  disputes  about placing floor-standing speakers. Within each col- umn resides pairs of front- and rear-firing tweet- ers and midrange drivers, wired in phase to create a bipolar radiation pattern (out of phase would be dipolar).  The  8-inch  subwoofer,  powered  by  a 250-watt amplifier, has its own transmission-line, slot-loaded  subenclosure,  which  is  designed  to enhance   low-bass   performance.   Each   2006TL has a low-frequency level control in back

The CLR 2300, half as long as the 2006TL is high, has the same enclosure styling, though it’s not bipolar. It can be positioned vertically or hor- izontally, and I set it vertically on the floor under my   TV.   It   holds   a   front-firing   tweeter,   two midrange drivers, and an 8-inch subwoofer pow- ered by a 150-watt amplifier. The subwoofer sections of the front speakers accept signals either from the speaker outputs of an amplifier or receiver or from the line-level out- puts  of  a  preamp  or  processor.  While  in  theory line-level signals are slightly cleaner, I used the speaker-level inputs for the sake of convenience, just as most people are likely to do. The   BP   2X   surrounds   come   in   white   or black    trapezoidal    enclosures    and    include wall-mounting   plates.   Each   speaker   has   two woofer/tweeter complements, which fire in phase in opposite directions.

Whether  you  call  the  BP  2006TL  and  CLR 2300   prequels   or   sequels,   they   beat   most Hollywood efforts, where second and third out- ings  often  fall  shy  of  the  originals.  In  fact,  this $2,300  system  could  persuade  you  to  buy  the 2006TL  instead of one of the company’s earlier and more expensive tower models as your “main” L/R speaker. I   moved   out   my   $7,000   reference   speaker system  and  spent  a  week  with  the  Def  Tech combo,   which   I’ll   call   the   2006TL   system from this point on.  I fed it Dolby Digital DVDs of   shoot   ’em   up   adventures   and   three-hankie love  stories,  jazz  and  pop  videos,  some  store- bought  CDs  and  a  few  CD-Rs  that  I  burned from   acoustic   studio   recordings   I   produced for radio.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 11:58 AM »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 11:59 AM »
Here our new model for next year offering

http://www.hometheatermag.com/loudspeakers/98/

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 02:03 PM »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:

Offline bruquee

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 10, 2003 at 02:53 AM »
we use definitives in some of our family setups.  one of the better values in home theater for the money (at least if you get to buy in the us).  excellent ht performance.

however, in the phils,  i noticed that most people don't really notice the brand.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 11:12 AM »
we use definitives in some of our family setups.  one of the better values in home theater for the money (at least if you get to buy in the us).  excellent ht performance.

however, in the phils,  i noticed that most people don't really notice the brand.

Thanks for the comment

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 12, 2003 at 02:26 PM »
I have a pair of Pro Cinema Monitor 80. They sound very well especially when coupled with the Pro Sub 80.  The only thing is the set I got was probably a lemon.  They've been back to the shop a couple of times including the sub.

A friend of mine decided on the complete Pro 80 system.
Bought it outright from Audi Den in the early '01s. So far he's doing okay. His original choice was Bose but changed his mind after hearing my speakers.

I'm interested in the Studio Monitors for my main speakers but that will have to wait.  I believe they cost
more than 20K a pair.

It's true not many people have heard of this brand locally.
People go "huh?!" when I mention the brand in discussions.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2003 at 02:29 PM by dulber32 »