Author Topic: Numb3rs  (Read 4016 times)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Numb3rs
« on: Feb 15, 2005 at 09:33 PM »
- Currently doing very well in the States based on TV ratings, Top 12.
- Produced by Ridley & Tony Scott
- "A Beautiful Mind" for TV (?)
- Reminds me of CSI a lot
- I so (so!so!) hate math but I love crime series.

What's it  about:
Inspired by actual cases and experiences, "Numb3rs" depicts the confluence of police work and mathematics in solving crime. The story of an FBI agent who recruits his mathematical genius brother to help solve a wide range of challenging crimes in Los Angeles from a very distinctive perspective.

- Rob Morrow looks OLD and tired!!! What happened to him?  ???

« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:14 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Numb3rs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2005 at 05:16 PM »
I like this show a lot but sometimes what they are sating makes me feel really dumb. ;D

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 07:17 PM »
I can't relate. I hate math!!!! When the guy on the right goes on and on about equations and points of whatever and relates it to the crime they're trying to solve, I black out na. Hindi ko talaga siya maintindihan.  :-\
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:13 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 07:49 PM »
- Currently doing very well in the States based on TV ratings, Top 12.
- Produced by Ridley & Tony Scott
- "A Beautiful Mind" for TV (?)
- Reminds me of CSI a lot
- I so (so!so!) hate math but I love crime series.

What it's about:
Inspired by actual cases and experiences, "Numb3rs" depicts the confluence of police work and mathematics in solving crime. The story of an FBI agent who recruits his mathematical genius brother to help solve a wide range of challenging crimes in Los Angeles from a very distinctive perspective.

- Rob Morrow looks OLD and tired!!! What happened to him?  ???

is that wednesday addam's love interest in the addam's family movies???  :o

wow! he doesn't look like much of a nerd anymore...  (LOL... the wonders of puberty.) :P

hmmm... plotwise. i might enjoy this.  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2005 at 12:23 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2005 at 08:07 PM »
is that tuesday addam's love interest in the addam's family movies???  :o

Napaaga ka yata ng isang araw.  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2005 at 08:09 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 12:22 AM »
Napaaga ka yata ng isang araw.  ;D

LOL... oo nga eh. i was in such a rush to post (as i was on my way out... ) i realized it way too late. he he he...  ;D

so much for my plans to fix it now without anyone noticing ... ha ha ha.  :P

i think a show portraying math geeks as cool is long overdue!  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2005 at 12:26 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2005 at 08:11 AM »
The guy on the right is also Santa's Helper in Tim Allen's Santa Clause, diba? The one on the left is the guy from Northern Exposure....malaki na tummy niya, may beer belly. :D :)

The episode I saw last night via DL - had something to do with suicide, buildings and engineering. OMG!! OMG!! I cannot understand their explanations and how wind and stuff is supposed to affect a building's foundation. Basta, may namatay and they have to solve the case. Yun na yun. :) Whatever theories I saw on CSI, conflicts with this, Numb3rs', theories. Confused na tuloy ako.

This show is too geeky....or for the boys talaga. As boys are more into math than girls.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2005 at 08:13 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:10 PM »
Numb3rs comes to AXN in October. ;) Saw a 10-15 second teaser this morning.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:11 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 06:17 PM »
everytime they explain something about science and math. i feel so dumb its as if the info goes in one ear and out the other but still entertaining nonetheless.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #9 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 11:02 AM »
Saw the premiere episode last night on AXN. Very good first episode, and noticed the excellent casting of the family--Rob Morrow, David Krumholtz, and Judd Hirsch all really look like they're related (their noses yata, heh).  ;D

I like this show's concept, it's something way different from the way we're used to seeing how to solve crimes. CSI's Gil Grissom will certainly bond with the mathematician here (hmmm...they should do a crossover!)

But my eyes glazed over when they started talking about math and all those equations flashed onscreen...all I heard was yadayadayadayada...couldn't understand a thing. And I started having horrible flashbacks of the times when I was in school--I hated Math then, and I still hate it now.  ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2005 at 02:24 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline voj

• DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 12:49 PM »
Cruzack,

Basta ang basic premise is that everything can be translated to an equation.  Na-emphasize lang mabuti dito kasi yun ang theme, pero parehas lang sa CSI, John Doe and all other TV shows.

Of course, I like the concept being somewhat of a math geek myself but the pilot episode have a gaping big whole in its theory.

They were looking for the point of origin using the various locations plugged into an equation.  They tested the equation using past crimes and the theoretical answer fit the actual crimes.  But it didn't work on the crime they were now solving.  Reason - one of the victims was lying thus throwing off the answer.  They also hypothesized that there could possibly be two points of origin.  Changing one variable should have totally changed the answer!  Ang ginawa nila, original point A remained as one point, tapos nadagdagan lang ng another point B.  Dapat nabago and point A.  Tapos pinilit i-tie in sa huli by pointing to a sticker in the vehicle to point out that the mathematician was right all along.

wow, geek na geek  ;D

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 02:16 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? Lalo akong na-confuse VOJ. ;D Like AshKetchum, yadayada rin ang naririnig ko when the geek explains his theories. This show gets better as more episodes unfold. ;)

Offline demented_angel

• DVD Guru
  • i'm wishing on a star, to follow where you are...
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 02:43 PM »
its a nice show, but i cant comprehend when they explain the theories to solve the case on the first episode :o :o :o...pero its worth watching  ;D

being a great mathematician runs in the family, galing din nung dad nila (Judd Hirsch)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 05:42 PM »

They were looking for the point of origin using the various locations plugged into an equation.  They tested the equation using past crimes and the theoretical answer fit the actual crimes.  But it didn't work on the crime they were now solving.  Reason - one of the victims was lying thus throwing off the answer.  They also hypothesized that there could possibly be two points of origin.  Changing one variable should have totally changed the answer!  Ang ginawa nila, original point A remained as one point, tapos nadagdagan lang ng another point B.  Dapat nabago and point A.  Tapos pinilit i-tie in sa huli by pointing to a sticker in the vehicle to point out that the mathematician was right all along.

I agree. Dapat, with the introduction of the new point B, A should have moved and the old point A should be somewhere, more or less, in the middle of point B and new point A.

Taking the sprinkler metaphor, if it so happens that there was a second sprinkler pala, then either the position of the first sprinkler, or the position of the drops should change.

Yay finally a show for someone like me who's a bit on the geeky side when it comes to math.  ;D

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 02:38 PM »
able to watch the premier episode last monday on AXN.

OMG! its sooooo amazing! though i have to agree with the others that when the "geeky" guy starts spouting off equations, my eyes do tend to glaze over......but....the basic premise of the series is great! also, jaz imagine that some of the stories are based on true crimes solved using math!  8)

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2005 at 10:27 PM »
Rob Morrow's female partner looks so familiar. pero i can't remember where i saw her before. darn it.  ???

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 09:42 AM »
She's the girl in Sliders (Sabrina Lloyd). Before she was replaced by Kari Wuhrer. :)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 09:54 AM »
Sabrina Lloyd is also Ed's girlfriend in ED. And Felicity Huffman's associate producer in Sports Night.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #18 on: Oct 18, 2005 at 11:20 PM »
Sabrina Lloyd is also Ed's girlfriend in ED. And Felicity Huffman's associate producer in Sports Night.

Now, I remember!  Ed's girlfriend  :)  I think I saw a few episodes of the season when she and Ed get together and then Ed's great love (whose name escapes me at the moment) realizes she's in love with Ed and tries to make a play for him.  Then I forgot  what day Ed is shown on ETC and now I have no idea who Ed ended up with  :-\

Thanks CrUzAC[k]H and sardaukar, was going nuts trying to remember  ;D

Oops, sorry for OT post.  Back to regular programming.

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2005 at 10:43 PM »
Saw the premiere episode last night on AXN. Very good first episode, and noticed the excellent casting of the family--Rob Morrow, David Krumholtz, and Judd Hirsch all really look like they're related (their noses yata, heh). ;D

I like this show's concept, it's something way different from the way we're used to seeing how to solve crimes. CSI's Gil Grissom will certainly bond with the mathematician here (hmmm...they should do a crossover!)

But my eyes glazed over when they started talking about math and all those equations flashed onscreen...all I heard was yadayadayadayada...couldn't understand a thing. And I started having horrible flashbacks of the times when I was in school--I hated Math then, and I still hate it now. ;)

Although the premiere eppy turned out fine with David Krumholtz's char making good use of his math skills, near the end it degenerated into routine shoot-em-up cliche when the chars of Rob Morrow & Sabrina Lloyd (My!  She's grown - and sexier!!!) had to kick down the door to go after the perp, guns a-cocked....

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #20 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 01:14 PM »
ack! don't get too attached with Sabrina Lloyd's character...  :(

but one good thing in season 2, Navi Rawat (last seen on The O.C.) becomes a regular cast member.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2006 at 04:54 AM »
Tagalog spoken in Numb3rs... pretty funny tagalog too.

Season 2 episode 23.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006 at 02:15 PM »
Tagalog spoken in Numb3rs... pretty funny tagalog too.

Season 2 episode 23.

Yeah I saw this too. Didn't expect the guy to speak that way, unintentionally funny. Nasa box  :)