Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 325603 times)

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #660 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 03:19 PM »
Isn't that the way of brotherhood? Of course, I don't mind! It works for everyone. Dealers get more sales, you, my brothers, get discounts and I, get a better record at their store, which helps make me a special customer to them.

Here's another tip: Ask Pareng Mike (yes, he is literally my kumpare, he became that because he was a good friend when I was just starting out with my HT hobby) for their prices of the Euros 8 speakers, compare it with the prices at Mega, then inform Mike of the prices if it's lower at Mega. Maybe he can match the prices at Mega or even go lower. I got my entire Euros 8 system last year at Moses Aaron, the price difference was significant that time. But if mas mura pa rin sa Mega in the end, then get them at Mega. Ingat.  ;D

Actually, almost the same price sa Megamall.. I decided to get the Euros 8 towers sa Megamall coz pwedeng i-credit card.  Sinabihang ko nga Pareng Mike mo na i-consider nilang mag-accept ng credit card.  Sabi ko: if ever that happens.. siguradong isang set kaagad pag bumili ang mga taga PinoyDVD.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #661 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 03:23 PM »
the last time i asked moses aaron about the towers, they're selling it for PhP10k, at mega? PhP6k   ;D

that was october, ewan ko lang ngaun  ;D

The price of the towers at Moses Aaron when I asked them last Saturday was PhP 10,125.  Sa Megamall, when I bought it last Sunday was PhP 7,000.  They accepted card kaya binili ko na dun... kaso wala pang stocks nun.. kaya I have to pick it up on a later date (Tuesday the earliest).  When I went to Raon (Moses Aaron) last Monday, I bought the Sakura 387a and the DTX 4.12.  I also asked Mike about why the price of the Euros 8 tower was lower in Mega.  Apparently, may 30% discount pa pala sa kanila... so halos pareho ata when you get it there.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #662 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 04:06 PM »
I'll add in a question to Atomicat's own query...

Are those DTX 9.5Ts a good buy if you plan to setup an audio only setup? If not, what speakers would you recommend that are a good match for a Sakura but are also affordable?

Last Monday at Moses Aaron, while testing my newly-purchased Sakura AV387a and DTX 4.12 subwoofer... Mike used DTX 9.5 floor standers as fronts.  During that time, I wasn't impressed that much with the DTX 9.5... but it may be because I was focusing more on the DTX 4.12 subwoofer and the Sakura.  Mike also mentioned that it would sound better with my Euros 8 towers.  At any rate, I'm also considering these DTX 9.5T for my rear speakers.

As for other recommendation, why don't you try to audition the Euros 6 or maybe even the Euros 8 towers?  The Euros 5 can also be a good bet but John of Dai-1chi Megamall told me that it's for export only hence the lack of any Euros 5 in their showroom.

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #663 on: Nov 30, 2005 at 04:58 PM »

Are those DTX 9.5Ts a good buy if you plan to setup an audio only setup? If not, what speakers would you recommend that are a good match for a Sakura but are also affordable?

It's a bit weak at the lower end. So a sub may be a necessity or a warm amp. I have a pair of Daiichi CT-503 mini towers and these are definitely great for audio at it's price. I actually got mine here in Bacolod for about 3,200. My friend has a pair of bigger towers, I forgot the model no. but it's still from the Classique Tower series from Daiichi, cost him 4,200, and these definitely blew us away. The magnets on the woofers are humongous for the woofer cone diameters, almost as big as the cones themselves. But I'm not sure if you'd still find these these days, lumang model na kasi. If you ever find a pair from the Classique Tower series, grab them, they're great. I found a pair at the Raon showroom recently, at the speaker area not at the HT area. Ask if they still sell them.  ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline eXg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Deserve the Best!
  • Liked:
« Reply #664 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 07:58 AM »
Any new news on this hybrid unit?  And newbie Q po... ano magiging advantage nitong hybrid unit na ito as against the Sakura AV387a?

Passed by Spectra yesterday.  The attendant told me it's using 12au7.   can't compare it with other hybrids in terms of sound.  have to bring it home to be able to do that. hope someone buys so i can borrow to test  :)

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #665 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 10:32 AM »

My previous set-up was DTX 9.5T / Sakura 377 - ok for HT but I'm not really satisfied with the music.
My current set-up is DTX 9.5T / Onkyo 502 - Highs become smoother pero bitin pa rin sa bass bec 9.5T as per spec can only go down to 65Hz. I'm thinking of upgrading my 9.5T to wharfe pero no budget  :'( :'( :'(
Sakura 377 is now connected to Aiwa speaker on our bed room.

I would not recommend DTX 9.5T for audio, maybe the other Daiichi tower speakers would sound better.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:17 PM by torque »

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #666 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 12:18 PM »
Passed by Spectra yesterday.  The attendant told me it's using 12au7.   can't compare it with other hybrids in terms of sound.  have to bring it home to be able to do that. hope someone buys so i can borrow to test  :)

How much naman kaya itong 'hybrid' Sakura amp na ito?

Offline eXg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Deserve the Best!
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 12:22 PM »
Going back to Sakura....

They really are efficient (cost-wise and speed):  may tube amps na din sila 8)  Unfortuntately, not that cheap like their SS amps.   

But check out their new 5.1 channel hybrid amp -- cool-looking (except for the mirror  :-\) and really looks like a good deal: P10k++ lg.  Wala akong mahiram na spec sheet kaya wala akong nakuhang details. :( hope soon.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 12:56 PM »
My previous set-up was DTX 9.5T / Sakura 377 - ok for HT but I'm not really satisfied with the music.
My current set-up is DTX 9.5T / Onkyo 502 - Highs become smoother pero bitin pa rin sa bass bec 9.5T as per spec can only go down to 65Hz. I'm thinking of upgrading my 9.5T to wharfe pero no budget  :'( :'( :'(
Sakura 388 is now connected to Aiwa speaker on our bed room.

I would not recommend DTX 9.5T for audio, maybe the other Daiichi tower speakers would sound better.

Yep.  The Euros 8 towers definitely sounded better.  Wasn't able to fully test last night after finally opening all my new 'toys', but from what I heard... the towers sounded good musically even with the DTX 4.12 subwoofer off.  Hope to tell more later when I have the time...

Offline leomar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 03:09 PM »
kahit nga ung BS speakers lang with sakura 387A (first set-up ko), solb na solb na e hehe
paano pa kaya with the two towers...  ;D

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 06:56 PM »
kahit nga ung BS speakers lang with sakura 387A (first set-up ko), solb na solb na e hehe
paano pa kaya with the two towers...  ;D

Ano na setup mo ngayon bro?

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 10:06 PM »
I saw a relatively new amp model AV-5025 with heatsink both sides in front 400 watts. 3900 pesos 5.1 ready, cool design.

May reviews na ba nito? :) thanks.

I saw a store in Raon where they were giving me the 387A for only P3,250. Ganda pala tumunog nito kaya kahit mobile speakers. Sabi pa ng clerk elemental daw tunog(whatever that means).

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #672 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:23 AM »

Ano na setup mo ngayon bro?

nag-upgrade na kasi ako to yammie e hehe
my humble set-up:

yamaha rxv-450
euros8 towers
euros8 BS
euros8 Center

Offline Alfalfameister

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #673 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 12:33 PM »
Where else can one get Sakura 387a? [except Raon... I like places where it is accessible, like Mega Mall or something... okay din Greenhills/Makati/Alabang] Is it worthwhile to upgrade my 327? [EDIT: 327 pala]

My 327 kasi has a defective rear left surround output... pa-fix ko na lang kaya, or is the 387a an okay upgrade?

Tnx.
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2005 at 02:26 PM by Alfalfameister »

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #674 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 11:24 AM »
ok ba kung euro 8 all the way tapos sakura ang amp? ok na ba for dvd w2atching ? I waw supposed to get a yamaha 450 kaso nawala sa budget dqahil I opted to get instead a 51" rptv... so ngayon balik nanaman ako sa sakura...meron bang optical connection ang sakura?

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #675 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:12 PM »
nag-upgrade na kasi ako to yammie e hehe
my humble set-up:

yamaha rxv-450
euros8 towers
euros8 BS
euros8 Center

Nice setup.  I was also contemplating a Yamaha RXV-450... kaso medyo kinapos sa budget eh.  Ala ka pang subwoofer bro o Euros din yun?

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #676 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 01:14 PM »
ok ba kung euro 8 all the way tapos sakura ang amp? ok na ba for dvd w2atching ? I waw supposed to get a yamaha 450 kaso nawala sa budget dqahil I opted to get instead a 51" rptv... so ngayon balik nanaman ako sa sakura...meron bang optical connection ang sakura?

Am not so sure pero wala ata akong napansing optical connection sa Sakura AV387a.  Will double check for you later...

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #677 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:17 PM »
Wala pong optical connection ang Sakura Integrated Amps (AV327, AV377, AV387)...
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:18 PM by torque »

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #678 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 09:20 PM »
Wala pong optical connection ang Sakura Integrated Amps (AV327, AV377, AV387)...

so ibig bang sabihin hinde ko magagamit ang ang dts feature ng pionner player ko?

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #679 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:28 AM »
Bro,
Kung may dts decoder and 5.1 analog output ang pioneer mo, pwede mong i-connect ang dvd player to Sakura amp via 5.1 analog rca connection to hear DTS track. Pero kung DTS out lang pioneer, kailangan ng external DTS decoder, usually found on receivers, para ma-decode ang signal at mapakinggan mo ang DTS track.

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #680 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 01:27 PM »
Bro,
Kung may dts decoder and 5.1 analog output ang pioneer mo, pwede mong i-connect ang dvd player to Sakura amp via 5.1 analog rca connection to hear DTS track. Pero kung DTS out lang pioneer, kailangan ng external DTS decoder, usually found on receivers, para ma-decode ang signal at mapakinggan mo ang DTS track.

sorry bro, medyo slowako sa ganyan, paano ko malalaman kung meron decoder yun player ko? kailangan bang meron 5.1 ready na nakasulat yun player?

so from what I understand is kung walang decoder ang reciver dapat meron ang player and vice versa? so if sakura ang gamitin kmo dapat hanap ako ng piuonner player na meron decoder? paano ko malalaman kung meron decodr ang player? and mas mura kung pionner na meron decoder ang bilhin then sakura amp ang kasama than yamaha 450 tapos low end pionner player, tama ba calculation ko?
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2005 at 01:53 PM by gonefishing »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #681 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 02:10 PM »
A DVD player have 5.1 decoders if

1. Has 5.1 output (FL/FR/RL/RR/C/SW)
2. "DTS Surround" logo (DTS decoder)

Mas mura yung Pioneer + Sakura.

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #682 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 02:11 PM »
sorry bro, medyo slowako sa ganyan, paano ko malalaman kung meron decoder yun player ko? kailangan bang meron 5.1 ready na nakasulat yun player?

so from what I understand is kung walang decoder ang reciver dapat meron ang player and vice versa? so if sakura ang gamitin kmo dapat hanap ako ng piuonner player na meron decoder? paano ko malalaman kung meron decodr ang player? and mas mura kung pionner na meron decoder ang bilhin then sakura amp ang kasama than yamaha 450 tapos low end pionner player, tama ba calculation ko?

dude to answer some of your questions:

1) may built-in dts/dd decoder ang player mo kapag maraming saksakan sa likod,
    in particular look for FL/FR/RL/RR/C/Sub na mga output jacks...
    dito mo ikakabit ung rca jack ng powered 5.1 speakers mo...
    at dapat and logo ng DTS sa harap ng player mo ay DTS Sorround HINDI DTS Digital Out

2) yes mas mura ang pioneer with built-in DTS/DD decoder + Sakura 387a (approx 12k) kaysa
    pioneer no built-in DTS decoder + yamaha 450 (approx 20k)
    PERO
    the bottom line is, ano mas maganda, DAC ng pioneer player o DAC ng yamaha?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #683 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 02:21 PM »
PERO
    the bottom line is, ano mas maganda, DAC ng pioneer player o DAC ng yamaha?

And whether the difference is worth 8K. To confuse you more, you get SACD and DVD-A w/ the Pioneer + Sakura combo.

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #684 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 02:52 PM »
thank you mga dudes, lalo akong nahilo.... so sakura's top of the line model is 387a? 5.1 na ito diba?

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #685 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 03:29 PM »
And whether the difference is worth 8K. To confuse you more, you get SACD and DVD-A w/ the Pioneer + Sakura combo.

isa pang pampalito  ;D
yamaha's Cinema DSP and other vanilla features versus SACD and DVD-A w/ the Pioneer? hehe

ayos lang yan, malilito ka talaga sa pamimili, pero kapag nagdecide ka na which is alin, alam mo na dun ka MAS masaya...

@ gonefishing
yup 5.1 na ung sakura 387a

good luck! hehe
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2005 at 03:30 PM by leomar »

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #686 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 06:32 PM »
Been testing my 'new' setup mostly in music pa lang.  Had the time to test how it will handle movies... and I came up with this Qs:
  • May napapansin akong parang distortion dun sa movie while playing the DVD.  Sa tingin ko ay because of the interference of either the speaker or the AVR.  How can I eliminate that?
  • While playing DVD in AC-3 mode, pag pinapaltan ko volume ng AVR ko.. I hear this popping (or clicking) sound.  Is this normal?  Wala kasi pag DVD mode ako eh.

My setup: Sakura AVR-387a, Euros 8 towers, <no center speaker>, speakers from Sony mini-compo as rears, DTX 4.12 subwoofer, Kebao DVD player, generic speaker wires, genereic RCA inter-connects

Thanks in advance!!!

Offline gonefishing

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 10:39 AM »
isa pang pampalito  ;D
yamaha's Cinema DSP and other vanilla features versus SACD and DVD-A w/ the Pioneer? hehe

ayos lang yan, malilito ka talaga sa pamimili, pero kapag nagdecide ka na which is alin, alam mo na dun ka MAS masaya...

@ gonefishing
yup 5.1 na ung sakura 387a

good luck! hehe

bro, paki explain naman kung ano yunSACD and DVD-A? cinema DSP thank you

Offline torque

• DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #688 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 10:50 AM »
gonefishing,
bro, what is the model of your pioneer DVD player? kung pioneer 270 yan, definitely walang DTS decoder ang player.

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #689 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 11:41 AM »
bro, paki explain naman kung ano yunSACD and DVD-A? cinema DSP thank you

SACD - Super Audio CD
DVD-A - audio encoded in 5.1 environment

DSP - Digital Signal Processing
kunyari ordinary DTS track - kapag inaaply mo ung Enhanced Sorroung (Cinema DSP) mas malakas/clearer ung sound