Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 325744 times)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: Sakura 6 channel amp model AP-009
« Reply #810 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 10:50 AM »
Hi Gnew!  I have not yet tried the home theatre capabilities of this amp since I only use it for listening in stereo music.  I have a Hyundai home theatre with its own discrete amp.  I have not yet found the time to set-up this Sakura AP-009 for home theatre duties.  Anyway, there are four volume control knobs in its front, one each for:  Rear, Front, Sub, and Main Volume.  There is a push button switch for listening to stereo or multi-channel surrounds. 

thanks sir. may separate volume controls pa pala. pwede din siguro tanggalin ang potentiometers para maging power amp na lang talaga for HT.

Offline gearhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #811 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 12:38 PM »
Hi Sansui.  How can I see if the power supply is torroidal?

this is the same model as the sakura amp (from the posts above).
you can see the toroidal transformer in the top rightmost corner.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 01:14 PM »
sirs,
 can you share any contact info of the store you bought the amp? address and contact numbers will be a great help.

thanks
Know Thyself!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 09:25 PM »
Sir AVphile, I would like to ask for your respected opinion / answer.  I've been using this Sakura amp almost daily at normal room listening levels.  It does not get hot nor really warm unlike the Konzert or the Pioneer amps that I also own.  It has no fan and its heatsinks also do not get warm.  I am just wondering why?  Thanks in advance.

Neither do my Acurus power amps (just warm).  I think that's because we hardly have pushed the amps to really flex their muscle. Bear in mind that most comfortable listening levels in typical rooms hardly exceed 10watts rms per channel on reasonably sensitive speakers.   Or the transistors used are biased at the lower end of their SOA (Safe Operating Limits).  Or their heatsinks are well designed to dissipate heat more evenly.  Or your rack get excellent ventilation.  But whatever, it's a shame we can't re-heat our coffee or pizza on it.  ;D 
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2007 at 09:26 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Feb 19, 2007 at 09:45 PM »
Sir AVphile, thanks!

Offline agmjr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #815 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 08:50 AM »
The only thing that disappointed me was that the 5.1 inputs were in the amp and not the preamp. 

i am noob in this but i am quite intrigue with the sakura amp. does this mean sir that i can not connect a receiver with a built 6.1 pre-out on the ap-009? my plan kasi is to buy it and just put on the freezer the accompanying ap008 (the pre-amp) tutal di naman ako magaling kumanta  ;D

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 10:46 AM »
Hi  agmjr!  You can directly connect a tuner, tape deck, or cd player because there is a stereo RCA auxiliiary jack at the side of the AP-009.  Doing so however means bypassing the karaoke preamp where the bass and treble controls are located.  You however, can still connect your music source via the karaoke preamp because it is actually a stereo preamp.  I guess Sakura just named it karaoke preamp because aside from the usual tone controls, there are a few knobs for reverb, and volume controls for microphones.  The preamp also has its usual RCA inputs for tuner, cd player, tape, and dvd player.  If you have an existing preamp, you may also use it instead of the Sakura's preamp.  The AP-009 is simply a 6-channel power amp.  You will still be needing a preamp to adjust the bass and treble to your taste. 

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 10:59 AM »
Hi Gnew!  I have not yet tried the home theatre capabilities of this amp since I only use it for listening in stereo music.  I have a Hyundai home theatre with its own discrete amp.  I have not yet found the time to set-up this Sakura AP-009 for home theatre duties.  Anyway, there are four volume control knobs in its front, one each for:  Rear, Front, Sub, and Main Volume.  There is a push button switch for listening to stereo or multi-channel surrounds. 

thanks for the reply sir.

are there 6 pairs of RCA input jacks found at the back of the AP-009? you have mentioned above that there are also volume controls on the fronts panel, are those knobs (3 or 4??) controlling a pair of channels?

i am only interested on the AP-009 if it can take 6 pre-outs of an HT AVR to make use of its 6 channel amplifier.
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2007 at 11:02 AM by GneW »

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Feb 21, 2007 at 12:48 PM »
The RCA inputs on the AP-009:  center, sub, front (left and right), rear (left and right) and auxilliary.  The speaker outputs:  front left, front right, center, rear left, rear right, subwoofer left, subwoofer right.  The volume controls:  sub, rear, center, main volume.  There are only two buttons:  power (with corresponding blue led light) and AC-3 or stereo push button switch.  Since it has no built-in Dolby Digital or DTS decoder, you have to use the built-in in your DVD player (if it has these features).  I  would reiterate that I have not yet tried it for home theatre applications.  It sounds really good in audio stereo.  The weight of this amp is 31 lbs.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Feb 22, 2007 at 03:05 AM »
The RCA inputs on the AP-009:  center, sub, front (left and right), rear (left and right) and auxilliary.  The speaker outputs:  front left, front right, center, rear left, rear right, subwoofer left, subwoofer right.  The volume controls:  sub, rear, center, main volume.  There are only two buttons:  power (with corresponding blue led light) and AC-3 or stereo push button switch.  Since it has no built-in Dolby Digital or DTS decoder, you have to use the built-in in your DVD player (if it has these features).  I  would reiterate that I have not yet tried it for home theatre applications.  It sounds really good in audio stereo.  The weight of this amp is 31 lbs.

thanks again for the info and clarification sir sansui.

i wonder if you can use the SUB IN to power surround speaker. the SUB discrete amp should be solely for amplification only coz there are no x-overs mentioned in the amp.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 12:02 AM »
Gnew, maybe.  Although there are two sub speaker out connections (left and right) that you can use if you want 2 subs, there is only a single RCA sub-in (thus it is purely mono).  And it seems that you are right that it is solely for signal amplification because I use that sub-out to get signal to input in my sub's high level input for stereo lestening.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 12:13 AM »
Gnew, correction.  I looked at the back of the amp and I get a signal to feed to my sub in one of the front channel outputs where my stereo speakers are connected.  Anyway, my guess is though there is no x-over, the signal that will be fed by your dvd player in the sub speaker out channel of the amp would be low frequencies thus making it unsuitable for surround speakers.

Offline JakeCastle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #822 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 05:37 AM »
Am planning to buy a sakura amplifier and use it on a computer with a 5.1 soundcard with all the necessary connections. (Acually yung unang RONGXIN na integrated, bumigay na after years of abuse) I intend to purchase a pair of DAIICHI three way Hi-fi speakers, which is rated at 100W. Has anyone tried this setup before? mahirap lang ako kaya kung pwede sana ayaw ko makarinig ng Yamaha, Denon, Bose, Berihnger. Eto lang po kaya ng bulsa ko... kamusta po ba ang tunog ng DAIICHI vs PHAZER?
HTPC, Dtx PL10, Dtx PL25, Dtx custom rear, DTX 4.15, Sakura 387A

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Apr 11, 2007 at 04:50 PM »
Amplifiers of decent make like the Sakura should have no problem ampliying your 5.1 soundcard output. Just DIY or get a well constructed RCA to 3.5mm jack cable for a secure connection between the two.  Dai-1chi has been in the speaker business for decades now and is a respected OEM for many well known brands.  They don't disappoint and are exceptional at their price range.  You might also want to consider a wharfedale diamond 9 or 8 as I recall reading here that the prices of some Dai-ichi models are even higher than an equivalent Diamond model.  Just don't know if that is still accurate.  Just check them out. 

Offline JakeCastle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Apr 16, 2007 at 02:08 AM »
Finally purchased the Sakrua 387A 5.1 amplifier as per sir Mike of Aaron Moses' recommendation. Friendly guy, good advice and nice discounted heheh tanks to sir Arturio.... kamusta daw po sabi ni mike, your compadre...

So far so good.. I just transferred the old baby stereo plugs to RCA cables to the proper inputs. Currently I plugged my old satellites from the Rongxin DV88 and it sounded better that the original amplifier. I guess tama yung sabi ni sir mike na mas maganda yung tunog ng 387A compared to the newer models. I fired the amp with windows media player and DFX plugin and couldnt help but smile. After configuring the amps DSP with Nero Digital Showtime I couldnt believe my ears... bwahahaah am so please I spent all night tinkering with the system

Am sooo happy i didnt fall for the temptng Php 2,000 integrated amp and speakers they were selling at the sidewalk. I guess when it comes to speakers you get what you pay for. I am now facing a dilemna. Speaker placement and which loud speakers to use... cubes, bookshelf, towers? whats the appropriate speaker placement?

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Apr 18, 2007 at 02:01 AM »
problem here on my sakura 387a, Center and surround channel gives out distortion while in AM mode.

FM and DVDs are ok.
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2007 at 06:56 AM by Archie »

Offline rustyns

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Apr 20, 2007 at 01:57 AM »
This is very intriguing. Sir Sansui, kung ok lang sa yo, paki-email yung pics sa [email protected] and I will post them here.

TIA

Di ko makuha kung paano mag post ng photos.  Medyo newbie ako sa computers.  Hanap muna ako ng friend ko na marunong.  Sinundan ko kasi instructions on how to post photos kaya lang nalito pa rin ako.  Anyway, I already took its photos and will post it as soon as possible.  Sorry for the delay.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Apr 20, 2007 at 08:24 AM »
rustyns, try ko e-mail sa yo tonight. 

Offline ditterdi

• Collector
  • Liked:
Where to buy Sakura amplies in Manila?
« Reply #828 on: May 02, 2007 at 12:43 PM »
Hi,

can someone recomment a store in Manila that has a good collection of Sakura amplies at sharp prices?

thanks,

Leo.

Offline NMM1

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!!!!
  • Liked:
Re: Where to buy Sakura amplies in Manila?
« Reply #829 on: May 02, 2007 at 03:06 PM »
sir, u might wanna check out Raon... from what i've heard there are stores there that sell that brand, m not sure though where exactly...
Rega | Schiit| Puffin | Yamaha | Dynaudio | ProAc | Accuphase

Offline ditterdi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #830 on: May 03, 2007 at 03:45 PM »
thanks,

can you name a specific shop?

leo.

Offline ditterdi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #831 on: May 04, 2007 at 12:06 PM »
Thanks!

Leo

Offline mervn

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: May 09, 2007 at 08:39 PM »

any comment pls

meron na po bang naka pag try sa inyo ng sakura av-519?

thanks in advance
mervn

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2007 at 12:25 PM »
Paano po ulit mag-add ng am/fm stations sa program ng sakura av387A? Sori I forgot na po. Thanks.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: May 22, 2007 at 01:21 PM »
Paano po ulit mag-add ng am/fm stations sa program ng sakura av387A? Sori I forgot na po. Thanks.

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #835 on: May 23, 2007 at 09:03 AM »
Try Moses Aaron beside Metrobank Raon, look for Mike. 7354390.  ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline JakeCastle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: May 31, 2007 at 11:03 PM »
yeah same here the documentation/manual that came with my sakura amp is barely intelligble. I am having problems with my HTPC setup (home theater personal computer). The thing is I a lose the audio when I use both opera and a media player. In addition the God damn media player wont work right. I gave up on the problem. I downloaded the lastest sound card driver, patche etc., even replaced the soundcard sigh same problem grrrr....

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 05:00 PM »
Any updates sa price ng Sakura AV-389? Im planning to buy one =)
With too many options you could end up not choosing one

Offline yasmine_leigh

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 11:23 PM »
pwede po ba ung ganitong setup?

TV --> AV reciever
Home Theater PC --> AV reciever
dvd Player --> AV reciever?
5.1 speaker -->AV reciever?

and pwede po ba sya sa HTPC na setup or pang dvd player lang sya?

maraming salamat po.

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:58 PM »
pwede po ba ung ganitong setup?

TV --> AV reciever
Home Theater PC --> AV reciever
dvd Player --> AV reciever?
5.1 speaker -->AV reciever?

and pwede po ba sya sa HTPC na setup or pang dvd player lang sya?

maraming salamat po.

Pwede po. Can be both use for HTPC setup at DVD, you just have to switch b/w sources(TV,DVD,PC)
Ganyan ang HTPC setup ko dati for my Sakura AVR:
Kelangan mo lang pumili kung alin ang priority mo your 5.1 channels kasi walang Digital input ang mga Sakura AVR.

DVD player priority (5.1 input of Sakura will be used for DVD Player):
TV-->dual RCA cable-->AV reciever
PC -->Baby Stereo Jack-to-RCA Cable-->AV reciever
dvd Player --> 5.1 Home theatre cable-->AV reciever

HTPC priority (5.1 input of Sakura will be used for the PC):
TV-->dual RCA cable-->AV reciever
PC -->5.1 Home theatre cable-->AV reciever
dvd Player -->dual RCA cable-->AV reciever

yung 5.1 speakers meron syang ports for that.

Hope it helps....  8)
With too many options you could end up not choosing one