Author Topic: SAKURA AMP  (Read 324905 times)

Offline allan1836

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sakura AV753 for Videoke
« Reply #750 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 08:11 AM »
hattori,

Bro, I friend recently sold me a Shure SM58, slight used daw w box & manual, at very low P1.5t. The next day I went to raon to buy the mic cable, I was surprised to see 2 versions of the SM58. Exactly the same asthetically but very different prices! ??? Sabi nung salesman the cheaper one at P600. only,  is made in China (though naka mark sa box "assembled in Mexico")? While the much more expensive at P 6T, is the real mc coy!!
What gives here??? I am sure the cheap one is rather fake (or is it?) Malayo ba and sound quality between the two? I tried the one my friend sold me at okay naman sya compared to a Samson Q7 (original ito) but I noticed na sobrang sensitive sa feedback nung cheap Shure. Is the original SM58 (more expensive) not that sensitive to feedbacks? Have you experienced both?
I would be pleased to hear from you guys what your comments are on the 2 versions of SM58.
Thanks.     

Offline hattori_hanzo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
Re: Sakura AV753 for Videoke
« Reply #751 on: Oct 17, 2006 at 10:16 AM »
hattori,

Bro, I friend recently sold me a Shure SM58, slight used daw w box & manual, at very low P1.5t. The next day I went to raon to buy the mic cable, I was surprised to see 2 versions of the SM58. Exactly the same asthetically but very different prices! ??? Sabi nung salesman the cheaper one at P600. only,  is made in China (though naka mark sa box "assembled in Mexico")? While the much more expensive at P 6T, is the real mc coy!!
What gives here??? I am sure the cheap one is rather fake (or is it?) Malayo ba and sound quality between the two? I tried the one my friend sold me at okay naman sya compared to a Samson Q7 (original ito) but I noticed na sobrang sensitive sa feedback nung cheap Shure. Is the original SM58 (more expensive) not that sensitive to feedbacks? Have you experienced both?
I would be pleased to hear from you guys what your comments are on the 2 versions of SM58.
Thanks.     

bro the original SM58 has an embeded signature's on both the voicecoil and XLR connectors and hindi siya nag feedback kahit malapit ka sa speakers, also may warranty card yan pag binili with serial nos. sa orig na distro.

madami nag kalat na peke SM58 lalo na sa raon wag na wag ka bibili ng SM58 dyan dahil sure ako peke dyan. saka ma kikilatis mo ang orig polido ang pagkakagawa, heavily built...
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline darrel

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
New Sakura Receiver
« Reply #752 on: Oct 27, 2006 at 07:44 PM »
have anyone have seen the new sakura amps. man they look great mukang HK. price is 4,200 sayang nakabili nako ng 600r bago ko cya nkita. maybe i'll buy those for my third amp. (hwah dame kona amp. lahat pang ht lang. lalang)

mablik tayo. un nga muka nga HK ang gwapo pero dko lam specs.

AV 473 ata model nun.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Sakura 6 channel amp model AP-009
« Reply #753 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 12:32 AM »
Anyone auditioned this AP-009 amp which is bundled with a karaoke pre-amp AK-008?  They look impressive in gold anodized aluminum.  They also sport a massive aluminum heatsink on the sides and I also tried lifting them and they are HEAVY.  They look like the old Harman -Kardon's and Marantz.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Sakura 6 channel amp model AP-009
« Reply #754 on: Dec 15, 2006 at 07:24 AM »
Can you post the tech specs?

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #755 on: Dec 16, 2006 at 01:57 AM »
Not much is written in the literature.  It claims to be a 6 channel amp.  There are separate volume controls for the sub, rears, and front speakers.  At the back, the same subs (there are 2), rears and fronts speaker connections are present.  It claims to deliver 1,400 watts per channel on stereo (which of course is dubios- as in China claims).  But having lifted it, I know it is HEAVY- in the vicinity of 20 to 30 lbs.  There is a toroidal amp and 4 capacitors rated at 10,000uf each (I peaked the inside).

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #756 on: Dec 16, 2006 at 09:11 AM »
Check out the electrical power consumption at the back.  An amp that can deliver 1400wpc total in stereo  means it must eat slightly less than twice  that much in electrical power. That would account for heat losses due to a 60% efficiency for most class A/B amps. So you should see at least a 2kVA power consumption rating or a 220VAC 9amps indication.

30lbs isn't really heavy for a 6 ch amp claiming 1400 watts per channel on stereo.  Or perhaps you mean 30kgs whch might be more like it.  Just to give you n idea, typical multichannel power amps with 300 watts RMS per channel hover above 75lbs.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2006 at 09:14 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Dec 17, 2006 at 10:51 AM »
Sir Sansui, how much is the Sakura and where have you seen one, Raon?
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2006 at 10:51 AM by atomicat10 »

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #758 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 12:39 AM »
Nothing is written about the power consumption except that the fuse is rated at 4 amps.  Haven't seen any in Raon.  I saw this in a quaint little shop in Sucat.  Price is P5,500 in combination with a karaoke pre-amp.  Out of curiosity, I bought one.  Very clean sounding and with much more musicality than the Pioneer Pro-logic amp that I own (VSX series).  The massive heatsinks on the side appears to be working since the amp hardly gets warm in normal room listening levels.  I also saw a lot of thermal epoxy connecting several pieces of metals from the motherboard of the amp to the heatsink.  I say, very impressive performance for the price.  It almost sounded like the old Sansui amp I once owned except that the Sansui has a softer bass and a little more presence.  For the price, I say you can not go wrong.

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #759 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 12:34 PM »
Bro, can you post pics? Magkano kung yung power amp lang?

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #760 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 01:47 PM »
Nothing is written about the power consumption except that the fuse is rated at 4 amps.  Haven't seen any in Raon.  I saw this in a quaint little shop in Sucat.  Price is P5,500 in combination with a karaoke pre-amp.  Out of curiosity, I bought one.  Very clean sounding and with much more musicality than the Pioneer Pro-logic amp that I own (VSX series).  The massive heatsinks on the side appears to be working since the amp hardly gets warm in normal room listening levels.  I also saw a lot of thermal epoxy connecting several pieces of metals from the motherboard of the amp to the heatsink.  I say, very impressive performance for the price.  It almost sounded like the old Sansui amp I once owned except that the Sansui has a softer bass and a little more presence.  For the price, I say you can not go wrong.

Is this a shop fronting LLanas on the other side of the road? 

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #761 on: Dec 18, 2006 at 03:13 PM »
Teka, isn't this thread out of place in the speaker section?  ;D

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #762 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 01:52 AM »
ako din sir pa post ng picture. ::)

;D this seems nice to check out. does it come with a remote control?

thanks.
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2006 at 12:20 AM by juric »
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #763 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 08:39 AM »
Teka, isn't this thread out of place in the speaker section?  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #764 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 11:42 AM »
Yes, in front of Liana's.  You have to buy both pre-amp and amp (packaged).  The pre-amp is not that good.  I connected the music source to my Behringer audio-mixer and the music became sweeter and smoother. 

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #765 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 11:51 AM »
I weighed the amp- 31 lbs.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #766 on: Dec 19, 2006 at 12:21 PM »
Yes, in front of Liana's.  You have to buy both pre-amp and amp (packaged).  The pre-amp is not that good.  I connected the music source to my Behringer audio-mixer and the music became sweeter and smoother. 

Last year when I chanced upon this shop, there was a similar Sakura power amp with massive heat sinks on the side but all-black.  It was retailing for 4.5T if I recall right.  It was the best and most serious looking Sakura I've seen at that time.  Could be the same.  Can you post pics of this gear? 
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2006 at 12:14 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #767 on: Dec 20, 2006 at 12:05 AM »
Paturo muna ako mag post ng pics.  Anyway, I saw the Sakura brochure and there are 4 models of these "serious" looking amps.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #768 on: Dec 21, 2006 at 10:23 PM »
I photographed the amp.  Pls. teach me how to post the photos. t.y.

Offline atomicat10

• Collector
  • SHOWTIME
  • Liked:
« Reply #769 on: Dec 22, 2006 at 12:05 AM »
1.transfer photo files to PC
2. go to a website which can host your photo files (image shack, photo bucket)
3. upload your digital photos there
4. copy the link provided by that website PER foto
5. make a post at pinoydvd, click on insert image icon
6. paste link inside in between brackets img /img
7. pic posted

Offline rustyns

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #770 on: Jan 06, 2007 at 11:42 PM »
meron na bang bagong labas ang sakura kapalit ng av387a? ???

Offline vergel

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Quality of Sakura amps
« Reply #771 on: Jan 07, 2007 at 05:20 AM »
mga sir, pwede ba yung mga old speakers ng component ko sa sakuraav387a amp.sira na kasi yung mga component ko at sayang nmn speakers, jvl at jvc yung mga compenent ko...salamat

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #772 on: Jan 12, 2007 at 04:30 AM »
 :D nakalimutan na ipost yung picture ???

okay pa rin po ba yung amp?
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #773 on: Jan 13, 2007 at 12:32 AM »
Di ko makuha kung paano mag post ng photos.  Medyo newbie ako sa computers.  Hanap muna ako ng friend ko na marunong.  Sinundan ko kasi instructions on how to post photos kaya lang nalito pa rin ako.  Anyway, I already took its photos and will post it as soon as possible.  Sorry for the delay.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #774 on: Jan 13, 2007 at 12:36 AM »
Juric, I did a listening test with this Sakura amp vs. my new Konzert 302 vs. my old Pioneer VSX using audio CD material.  This Sakura amp wins by a mile in sound quality.

Offline lotus

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #775 on: Jan 15, 2007 at 09:26 AM »
any specs on the other channels? malaki ba difference between the front and surround power?

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #776 on: Jan 15, 2007 at 10:29 PM »
Lotus, there is no specs regarding the power supplied to the other channels.  So far I have used this power amp for stereo application only.  There is a button though labeled AC-3 (Dolby) and Stereo (You have to use your DVD player's Dolby decoder).  The sound is finesse and smooth.  This Sakura power amp will sound very nicely in music that are engineered well during recording.  Less thoughtfully recorded music will sound crappy.  In the Konzert 302, the distinction between a well recorded and not so well recorded music is not as distinct.  I find the sound of the Konzert 302 and Pioneer VSX "dry" and the high frequencies not as "sweet" compared to this Sakura.  The sound difference is very obvious.  In my experience, an amp that sounds good in music is likely to sound well in home theatre applications.  These are just some of my observations in comparing the 3 amps mentioned.

Offline Zitr0

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #777 on: Jan 16, 2007 at 09:38 AM »
Sansui, if ever the pictures are not posted, is there a website that we can go through and possibly check this one out?

Been searching this one but nothing seem to appear, meron man, iba language, may english nga, pro SAKURA na involved sa med equipments yata. hehe!
"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #778 on: Jan 17, 2007 at 08:40 PM »
Ric999, the Sakura brand when you do a search in Google is different from the Sakura that we know.  I was browsing some of my old magazines last week when I discovered where this particular Sakura amp's physical design was copied:  Forseti intgrated amp made by a company named Alchemist.  Halos sakto ang pagkaka gaya ng face plate and knob controls.  The magazine where I saw the ads is:  F1 The Magazine of Music and Sound- issue December 1997 (Paul McCartney is on the cover).  When I searched Google this afternoon for Forseti integrated amplifier, this came up:

www.alchemisthifi.info/ranges/forseti/alchemist_forseti_apd15rc_integrated_amplifier.htm

The physical design of these Forseti series of the brand Alchemist is what this Sakura AP-009 looks like.  Hope that helps you ric999 and juric.

Offline sansui

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #779 on: Jan 17, 2007 at 08:49 PM »
Note that in the Forseti series, the heatsink is colored black and are vertically oriented.  The Sakura has gold aluminum heatsinks which are oriented horizontally.  There is no cooling fan in this Sakura and yet I never really gotten the amp hot despite hours of listening.  I can only guess that maybe the heatsinks on the sides works.