Author Topic: INFINITY PRIMUS SERIES  (Read 36794 times)

Offline aikon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
INFINITY PRIMUS SERIES
« on: Apr 23, 2004 at 02:16 PM »
Any feedback on the Infinity Primus line of speakers?  I heard they're already available at Digital Dreams in SM North EDSA.

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
Re: Infinity Primus line
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004 at 01:41 PM »
This is what I have gathered for the Primus line:

1. These entry level speakers of Infinity are quite good performers according to this review: http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/404infinity/ and this one http://att.com.com/Infinity_Primus_360/4505-6467_7-30589023.html

2. For their performace they are affordable, Primus 150 may cost around 9k to 10k and 160 may cost around 11k to 13k. The tower type may cost around 20k to 22k.

3. It's available at Digital Dreams in SM North Edsa Carpark. Look for Amboy, he'll gladly entertain your querries.

Honestly, have not heard them yet. But when I get the chance I'll share it.

Just my contribution...

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004 at 09:58 AM »
heard the Primus 360 (model) tower type, 25,000 (made in China) taller than AE EVO3 by about 6 or 7 inches ..on a a very short audition, it sounded very pleasant, no earpiercing treble compared to the KAPPA  bookshelf from the same manufacturer at 44,000 PHP (Made in denmark)...Tweeters of both model looks identical

Offline arnoldc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 04:49 PM »
the Primus line uses MMD (metal matrix diaphram) while the Kappa uses CMMD (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm). the primus 140 can go up to 20kHz while the Kappa 200 can go up to 27kHz - lots of detail and not earpiercing to me. the Kappa takes months to break in too.

in addition, the Primus 140 is 86dB compared to 89dB for the Kappa 200.
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2004 at 04:49 PM by arnoldc »

Offline Vhongbiker

• DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 11:42 AM »
the Primus line uses MMD (metal matrix diaphram) while the Kappa uses CMMD (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm). the primus 140 can go up to 20kHz while the Kappa 200 can go up to 27kHz - lots of detail and not earpiercing to me. the Kappa takes months to break in too.

in addition, the Primus 140 is 86dB compared to 89dB for the Kappa 200.
[/quote

i auditioned primus 160 last wk, for me oks na oks mids and highs nya, ang problema lang pra sa akin is  hindi sya naka bi wired. >:(
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2004 at 09:57 AM by vhongbiker »
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline cardo

• Apprentice
  • New
  • Liked:
Infinity Primus Line
« Reply #5 on: Sep 21, 2004 at 09:51 AM »
Hey guys,

Ano tingin nyo sa Infinity Primus Speakers? I'm talking about the C360 towers with dual 6" woofers, the C25 center speaker and the C150 5 inch bookshelves?

Good? Bad? So-so?

thanks

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2004 at 07:18 AM »
sirs,gurus..la po bang bagong reviews??.any updates of these please....tnx :)

Offline axel

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 11:36 PM »
got a primus 160 last week and sounds good out of the box.  mga 1 month siguro dapat mag exercise ito para medyo lumambot but overall clear highs and good soundstage.  will post again for new improvements.

btw, i'm only using my luxman hybrid amp but good details. panay puri no, syempre love your own ;)

axel
axel

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Infinity Primus series for home theater
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2005 at 10:32 AM »
Guys,

Any feedback on the Infinity Primus series for home theater. Ok ba ito?

Offline axel

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Infinity Primus series for home theater
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2005 at 10:58 PM »
i have the primus 160 and it sounds good to me. If you are looking for good bass for a bookself speakers, then I recommend you to get this.  But my plan was to use this as surrounds but it is too big, (puwedeng puwedeng kasing fronts to eh) kaya I'm thinking of selling it to get a sub for my ht. parang sayang....tsk tsk tsk. :'(
axel

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Infinity Primus series for home theater
« Reply #10 on: Apr 11, 2005 at 08:59 PM »
i have the primus 160 and it sounds good to me. If you are looking for good bass for a bookself speakers, then I recommend you to get this.  But my plan was to use this as surrounds but it is too big, (puwedeng puwedeng kasing fronts to eh) kaya I'm thinking of selling it to get a sub for my ht. parang sayang....tsk tsk tsk. :'(

where did you get this? which shop is selling this locally and for how much ?

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #11 on: Apr 11, 2005 at 09:01 PM »
This is what I have gathered for the Primus line:

1. These entry level speakers of Infinity are quite good performers according to this review: http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeakerreviews/404infinity/ and this one http://att.com.com/Infinity_Primus_360/4505-6467_7-30589023.html

2. For their performace they are affordable, Primus 150 may cost around 9k to 10k and 160 may cost around 11k to 13k. The tower type may cost around 20k to 22k.

3. It's available at Digital Dreams in SM North Edsa Carpark. Look for Amboy, he'll gladly entertain your querries.

Honestly, have not heard them yet. But when I get the chance I'll share it.

Just my contribution...

Who has contact info for this shop and do they repair this speaker brands ??? Do they carry slow blow fuse for Infinity's 125V 5A ratings ???

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 14, 2005 at 10:32 PM »
Who has contact info for this shop and do they repair this speaker brands ??? Do they carry slow blow fuse for Infinity's 125V 5A ratings ???

Digital Dreams SM North Edsa contact numbers:

426-6226

Amboy's number:

0919 451-7842

Say you were referred by Mr. Lenon

Offline BLAUPUNKT™

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 11:28 AM »
heard it... and it's just an ordinary sounding speaker. no offense. maybe you guys may want to look at their service warranty,... it's an important aspect before buying electronics etc... after sales. to tell u honestly, not impressed with the Primus Line. it's just a speaker made in china.
The GAME is to be SOLD,... not to be TOLD...

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2005 at 03:35 PM »
heard it... and it's just an ordinary sounding speaker. no offense. maybe you guys may want to look at their service warranty,... it's an important aspect before buying electronics etc... after sales. to tell u honestly, not impressed with the Primus Line. it's just a speaker made in china.

To each his own. And what's not made in China nowadays?

Offline bhongskie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 26, 2005 at 09:40 AM »
I auditioned the Primus 360 at Architectural Audio (they carry the Primus Line) side by side with AE Evo3 and MA B4.  Personally my pick would be Primus 360, then B4 followed by Evo 3.  But that's just me    ;D

Don't ask me about coherence, timing or other audio jargons - I don't have the slightest idea how they are percieved and what they are to my ears.  My preference was based on the sound these 3 speakers were reproducing using a few musical pieces that I threw at them during the audition  ;)

Offline marcyao

• Collector
  • Liked:
INFINITY PRIMUS SERIES
« Reply #16 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 12:40 PM »
anybody have any experience with these? :)

Offline Poloman888

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: infinity primus series
« Reply #17 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 02:55 PM »
Heard the Infinity Primus 152 driven by an HK receiver at a JBL store in High Street. Excellent mids. Great musical speakers, but leaning towards the bright side. 

good luck :)

Offline marcyao

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 06, 2008 at 09:43 PM »
thanks. what do you mean by bright?  :)  i'm looking at the p362 towers.  :)

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 08:40 AM »
he means the tweeters are a little bit louder than the mids, I'd assume it's not ear shattering as he did not descdribe it as "harsh." tried my NAD 304 on Infinity FS speakers before, tweeters weren't a problem if you sit farther away from the speakers. bass response could be a problem though, the "hard" bass naturally loses impactbut the decline in volume was sharper and didn't help the imaging. then again, the 304 isn't exactly known for pounding midbass, although it does reach well into sub-range bass.

what amp are you planning to use? make sure yours has a beefy power supply, the 304 had a lot of reserve but it couldn't keep up with the 3-way FS speakers. curiously enough it did better with my lower sensitivity diamond 8.4's, and that's in my condo with no acoustic treatment.most likely it was the tweeter to mid balance.

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 03:11 PM »
the infinity primus series is available for audition at my shop located at unit 205 amaremca bldg., 107a kalayaan avenue, diliman, quezon city. :)

Offline mholtz2000

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 07, 2008 at 03:37 PM »
thanks. what do you mean by bright?  :)  i'm looking at the p362 towers.  :)

Great speakers! the primus 362 provides the discerning listener with all the inherent Primus 362 build quality, superb dynamics, extended bass punch, coherency and transparency coupled with precise stereo imaging.

check the review of old infinity primus 360 at stereophile site.

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2008 at 08:37 PM »
Will post feedback on this series tomorrow after auditioning at avshop's shop. Heard the Wharfedale 9.6 + 9.CM today but did not particularly like their "laid back" sound. Bass department was also lacking in the Wharfes, which I did not expect because they were utilizing 8" drivers. Will see how the Primus series compares tomorrow.

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2008 at 10:27 PM »
Will post feedback on this series tomorrow after auditioning at avshop's shop. Heard the Wharfedale 9.6 + 9.CM today but did not particularly like their "laid back" sound. Bass department was also lacking in the Wharfes, which I did not expect because they were utilizing 8" drivers. Will see how the Primus series compares tomorrow.

sure they use 8" drivers, but you also have to consider the amp, mainly it's freq response and, given the multiple-driver speaker and your mention of a center channel, it needs more current (Im assuming it's an A/V receiver).

Offline blued888

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2008 at 11:04 PM »
Confirming with sir Jeff of Theaterworks if the speakers were set to "small" instead of "large". The salesperson told me it was already set to "large" so I took his word for it but he might be wrong. I didn't see the remote of the receiver so I didn't tinker with the receiver settings.

EDIT: Another thing I remembered, the subwoofer setting may have been set to "subwoofer" instead of "main". Will have to audition again when I get the time to.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008 at 12:22 AM by blued888 »

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #25 on: Jul 24, 2008 at 11:33 AM »
my 2cents about Primus360 . . .

1. Best price for performance towers for my taste & budget.
2. Strength of these FS lies on the midrange & sub. They produce detailed and realistic vocals.
3. Fast & heavy bass punch
4. Highly efficient . . . easy to drive at 93db

Letdowns:
1. Can't do bi-amping.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2008 at 03:19 PM by dts-HD »

Offline blued888

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 24, 2008 at 03:39 PM »
Auditioned the Primus PC350 + P362s today via avshop, very accomodating person.  I really liked how the highs sounded, it was forward and sharp (which may not be to some people's liking). Bass/mid-bass was present and packed quite a punch.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008 at 04:49 PM by blued888 »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 08:16 PM »
those who wish to audition the infinity primus series can pm me or email at [email protected] :)

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
INFINITY PRIMUS SERIES
« Reply #28 on: Nov 06, 2008 at 04:54 PM »
we have the infinty primus series set up in our showroom in quezon city.  unit 205 amaremca bldg, 107a kalayaan avenue, diliman, quezon city.  if anyone's interested to hear them just let me know a day in advance since we only open when we have clients who want to audition the gear.  this helps us keep overhead low so that we can offer a better price to our clients.  we have the infinity primus set hooked up to a harman kardon avr 245. you can pm me or email at [email protected] :)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009 at 12:06 PM by avshop »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Infinity Primus Series
« Reply #29 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 10:59 PM »
we have a christmas promo for the infinity primus. buy a set of the infinity primus consisting of the pc250 center, primus 362 floorstander, primus 152 bookshelf and ps210 sub for 60k and be able to get the hk avr 245 for only 23.5k. :)