Entertainment > Pinoy Entertainment

Bomba movies of the 1970s and 80s

(1/29) > >>

RitchieNolasco:
We all know how hot Scorpio Nights was when it comes to sex. We also know how disturbing it is to see Philip Salvador have sex with Charito Solis in Init.

Could someone please help me with the history of the Bomb Movies era starting in the 1970s? What are the best or most controversial bold movies of the 70s? Who starred, directed, etc?

Salamat.

RitchieNolasco:
Calling Noel Vera and other dedicated Pinoy film researchers: any chance you can add to this topic?

indie boi:
The first "bomba" stars were Merle Fernandez (sister of Rudy F), Stella Suarez, and Yvonne. You've also got Divina Valencia. Children who grew up in the 70's would know the ditty "divina valencia, stella suarez, nagbuburles"

I think one of the most controversial bomba films then was the movie made by Merle Fernandez where she was supposed to have walked naked in Escolta. I can't remember the title of that movie though.

Noel_Vera:
I believe that 1970's Merle film was Uhaw. Don't remember if she walked naked through Escolta, tho.

keating:

--- Quote from: indie boi on Apr 22, 2005 at 11:52 AM ---The first "bomba" stars were Merle Fernandez (sister of Rudy F), Stella Suarez, and Yvonne. You've also got Divina Valencia. Children who grew up in the 70's would know the ditty "divina valencia, stella suarez, nagbuburles"

I think one of the most controversial bomba films then was the movie made by Merle Fernandez where she was supposed to have walked naked in Escolta. I can't remember the title of that movie though.

--- End quote ---

That's UHAW indie boi. If I'll choose among the bunch of bold films during the 70's and 80's my lists are the following.

SCORPIO NIGHTS- still unmatched the Best Local Erotica in Philippine Cinema.
PRIVATE SHOW- has gritty atmosphere and powered by Jacklyn Jose's excellent performance.
BOATMAN- comes close to SCORPIO NIGHTS.
VIRGIN FOREST- three people caught in the turmoil of history when Aguinaldo was assasinated, another period epic from Peque Gallaga.
UNFAITHFUL WIFE- Ana Marie Gutierrez follow up to Peque Gallaga's SCORPIO NIGHTS.
SENSUAL- Marilou Diaz Abaya's entry to the softcore bandwagon release during the Edsa Revolution introducing the obscure Barbara Benitez.
WHITE SLAVERY- Lino Brocka's second entry to softcore bandwagon in mid 80's.

and yes Ritchie is right INIT is hot..... had a rough sailing with the censors in the 70's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version