Author Topic: Bomba movies of the 1970s and 80s  (Read 226583 times)

Offline johnnyblaze

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bomba movies of the 1970s and 80s
« Reply #120 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 04:17 PM »
First lesbian scene, check out Rio Locsin & Cherie Gil's smooching inside the kariton in Bernal's MANILA BY NIGHT.

Darn! When I saw that on cable TV a few months back, that scene was censored and was skipped, so I thought there weren't any (sighs). Where can I get a copy of that video? or more importantly that particular scene   ???

So "Manila by Night" is now on my list.  ;D

What other movies can I check? Specifically with "lesbian scenes" in them  :)

Many thanks :)

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 04:28 PM »
Darn! When I saw that on cable TV a few months back, that scene was censored and was skipped, so I thought there weren't any (sighs). Where can I get a copy of that video? or more importantly that particular scene   ???

So "Manila by Night" is now on my list.  ;D

What other movies can I check? Specifically with "lesbian scenes" in them  :)

Many thanks :)

Manila By Night is now available on dvd thru cinefilipino.com & regalfilms.com

regarding other Filipino movies with lesbian scenes in them there's Cover Girls with Lorna Tolentino & Amy Austria in an extended love scene while Hilda Koronel & Beth Bautisa also did it in Evening Class. unfortunately both movies are not available in any format...

Offline johnnyblaze

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 04:54 PM »
Jojo,

Thanks dude! I will look into that.  :)

Too bad "Cover girls" and "evening class" are not available. (maybe someone out there, may have a betamax or VHS version? I will be happy to convert it to DVD or VCD format for them)  :(

Can you describe the scenes that happened in this movie? Sorry, we didn't have the pleasure of seeing them, so reading about them is the only way we may envision it.  :)

Thanks

So the list increases.

1. Manila by Night ( Cherie Gil and Rio Locsin)
2. Cover Girls (Lorna Tolentino and Amy Austria)
3. Evening Class (Hilda Koronel and Beth Bautista)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 07:13 PM »
Did Hilda Koronel went bold in EVENING CLASS, Jo? Her boldest so far was in Brocka's HAYOP SA HAYOP, right? She's too beautiful to be in the slums in INSIANG.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2006 at 07:14 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 09:27 PM »
Jojo,

Thanks dude! I will look into that.  :)

Too bad "Cover girls" and "evening class" are not available. (maybe someone out there, may have a betamax or VHS version? I will be happy to convert it to DVD or VCD format for them)  :(

Can you describe the scenes that happened in this movie? Sorry, we didn't have the pleasure of seeing them, so reading about them is the only way we may envision it.  :)

Thanks

So the list increases.

1. Manila by Night ( Cherie Gil and Rio Locsin)
2. Cover Girls (Lorna Tolentino and Amy Austria)
3. Evening Class (Hilda Koronel and Beth Bautista)

well in Cover Girls both Lorna & Amy play fashion models but Lorna is the more popular one while Amy is aspiring to become a model. in the scene, Lorna takes advantage of Amy while drunk and promises her that she would be as famous as she is if she would go to bed with her. they do an open mouth kiss while in their underwear. Lorna kisses amy between her chest going up to her neck then a passionate lip lock between the two.

in Evening Class Hilda plays a bisexual student who had an affair with lesbian Beth Bautista. they just showed a kiss between the two of them on the lips while fully clothed. unfortunately they cut the scene right away... it was shortened by the Board Of Censors.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 09:30 PM »
Did Hilda Koronel went bold in EVENING CLASS, Jo? Her boldest so far was in Brocka's HAYOP SA HAYOP, right? She's too beautiful to be in the slums in INSIANG.

i think Hayop Sa Hayop was still Hilda's boldest film although she only showed her back in the movie. in Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon she had breast exposure. she never went bold in Evening Class but who knows her scene with Beth Bautista was shortened by the Board Of Censors daring maybe the right term...

Offline johnnyblaze

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 09:52 PM »
well in Cover Girls both Lorna & Amy play fashion models but Lorna is the more popular one while Amy is aspiring to become a model. in the scene, Lorna takes advantage of Amy while drunk and promises her that she would be as famous as she is if she would go to bed with her. they do an open mouth kiss while in their underwear. Lorna kisses amy between her chest going up to her neck then a passionate lip lock between the two.

Man! that was a great scene ... good thing the censors didn't edit that out  :D. Too bad for me and the rest, that video won't be see the light of day  :( But who knows, maybe some kind hearted soul out there might have a copy and share it with the rest of the world.  ;)

Offline johnnyblaze

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Mar 15, 2006 at 06:14 PM »
I just hope they bring back these classics in vcd or dvd format  ;D

It's part of cinema history  8)... yeah right... my pathetic excuse to get these videos  ;D

Offline Chris V

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 08:49 AM »
Snake Sisters is due to be released on DVD in the US by Pete Tombs' Mondo Macabro label. No word on a street date yet. All of the previous Mondo Macabro discs have good extras, often including a documentary on the genre cinema from the country of origin.

Silip has been gaining something of a cult following among American exploitation fans. The first seller of the movie, Shocking Videos described it in part as an " astounding, near-hardcore sexploitation monstrosity... this black hearted beauty will have you spellbound and slack-jawed with amazement!". I've yet to see it myself. I must admit to being a bit disappointed to learn that Ma. Isabel Lopez & Sarsi do *not* have a lesbian scene, as I had been led to believe...I do hope the film er...compensates for that in other ways (at least where Lopez is concerned).

A few questions:

--Do Tata Esteban's films fit into the bomba category? The little I've read about Hubo sa Dilim has piqued my curiosity.

--Does anyone have an idea of what are the oldest bomba films available on VHS/DVD/VCD? Reading this thread is akin to being on a rollercoaster: I'm tantalized by all these obscure titles, only to have my enthusiasm plummet every time each title mentioned is followed by a "not available in any format".  I've been combing through Regal for older titles (mainly 70s, and early 80s) but am hoping someone could point out some titles (sans the likes of Scorpio Nights or Temptation Island, which I have). Thanks very much.

(oh yeah...this is my first post...Hello!)

Chris
[email protected] (remove 'x's to e-mail)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 10:49 AM »
Hey Chris, welcome aboard! Its good to know that Celso Ad Castillo's SNAKE SISTERS is gaining cult status fame, I have yet to see it VIRGIN PEOPLE also. ISLA is worthy but be warned because the vcd release has so many cuts and the video looks terrible!

Jojo are you there? Have you read the post regarding SILIP? HAHAHA, its gaining cult status also, man! LOL!  ;D

I told you.......Z-movie that will have a place in Philippine Cinema. But you definitely need to take a bath after watching it, because of so much intense heat!  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2006 at 10:58 AM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 08:19 AM »
Hey Chris, welcome aboard! Its good to know that Celso Ad Castillo's SNAKE SISTERS is gaining cult status fame, I have yet to see it VIRGIN PEOPLE also. ISLA is worthy but be warned because the vcd release has so many cuts and the video looks terrible!

Jojo are you there? Have you read the post regarding SILIP? HAHAHA, its gaining cult status also, man! LOL!  ;D

I told you.......Z-movie that will have a place in Philippine Cinema. But you definitely need to take a bath after watching it, because of so much intense heat!  ;)

i still don't understand the fascination with Silip... it's a lousy sex film.  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 11:10 AM »
We will argue about the merits of SILIP once you come home.  ;) It looks like our problem is so big, Jojo.  ;D

Regarding Tata Esteban, yup his films fall also on the bold category. ALAPAAP is so experimental, nice production design, cinematography and musical score. Esteban is underrated.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006 at 11:13 AM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 07:12 PM »
We will argue about the merits of SILIP once you come home.  ;) It looks like our problem is so big, Jojo.  ;D

Regarding Tata Esteban, yup his films fall also on the bold category. ALAPAAP is so experimental, nice production design, cinematography and musical score. Esteban is underrated.

hahahaha... we'll discuss Silip's merits, if it has any.  ;D

don't forget Tata Esteban also directed the films Salamangkero & Gabriela but i guess you're right that most of his films were on the steamier side, the best of which was Flesh Avenue but again it was more of Ricky Lee's movie that it was of the director.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 07:25 PM »
In terms of boldness it was bombastic, huh!  ;D

FLESH AVENUE, im curious to see it, Jo.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2006 at 08:08 AM »
I agree, it's a shame. Gritty doesn't necessarily mean superior, and being erotic and funny is more difficult to do, I think, than erotic and doomy.

O'Hara wanted to do a film version of Nadres' Hanggang Dito Na Lang Po...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006 at 08:10 AM by Noel_Vera »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2006 at 08:10 AM »
Problem Child was directed by Elwood Perez, while Beach House was helmed by Cloyd Robinson. as a matter of fact Danny Cabreira was also a huge part of the bold era. remember Uhaw Na Bulaklak and Mga Tinik Ng Babae, Iwasan Kabaret an omnibus directed by Perez, Cabreira & Gosiengfiao.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006 at 08:18 AM by Jojo Devera »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2006 at 09:19 AM »
Oo nga, Jojo, how can one forget Cloyd Robinson.  For better or worse, probably worse, he outcamped them all.

his movies are great for sheer camp value. there's Tambay Sa Disco, Miss Extra Espesyal, Love Affair, Wild Lips and Wild Animals to name a few...

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2006 at 09:37 AM »
Jojo, didn't he unleash Deborah Sun to the moviegoing public?  For some reason, I think of her everytime I see pics of the Cat Lady.

actually Deborah Sun was introduced in Gosiengfiao's Temptation Island. it was also through Joey that Deborah met jimi Melendez.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2006 at 09:44 AM »
I forget who told me, but Louis Malle had a serious crush on Deborah Sun--wanted to make a movie with her and all.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2006 at 04:28 PM »
Deborah Sun was also good in Gosiengfiao's BEDSPACERS.

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Mar 12, 2009 at 06:41 PM »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Mar 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM »
actually Deborah Sun was introduced in Gosiengfiao's Temptation Island. it was also through Joey that Deborah met jimi Melendez.

Deborah Sun was introduced in Gosiengfiao's BEDSPACERS and making a comeback via DEAD NA SI LOLO by Soxie Topacio. Mark Gil's portrayal as one of the college students in BEDSPACERS is one of his best.

Caught it last Thursday at Cinema One, but darn! They cut a large chunk of the film.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM by keating »