Entertainment > Pinoy Entertainment

Patayin Mo sa Sindak si Barbara/Celso Ad Castillo

(1/45) > >>

keating:
Most of the accolades says, its the scariest Filipino Film of All Time. I can only recall the loudest scream of Susan Roces upon seeing the ghost of her dead sister played by Rosanna Ortiz and nothing more. I wish SOFIA would restore this film.

A landmark in Philippine Cinema/Cult Classic also!

jdv1229:

--- Quote from: keating on Jul 17, 2005 at 07:08 PM ---Most of the accolades says, its the scariest Filipino Film of All Time. I can only recall the loudest scream of Susan Roces upon seeing the ghost of her dead sister played by Rosanna Ortiz and nothing more. I wish SOFIA would restore this film.

A landmark in Philippine Cinema/Cult Classic also!

--- End quote ---

since Patayin was produced by Rosas Productions, i believe FPJ Studios might have a print of the movie in their archives. the late FPJ was fond of collecting classic films... i know for a fact that he had Gerry de Leon's Sisa with Anita Linda in 16mm. so they must have it.

keating:
I heard that the late FPJ really took care some of his film collections. I thought it was produced by FPJ Productions, anyway, I'll try to contact them Jojo. If not you are my last resort.

Do you remember the visuals used by Celso Ad Castillo in PATAYIN? Man, the mirrors and broken glasses are enough to keep you awake at night!  :o

jdv1229:

--- Quote from: keating on Jul 17, 2005 at 10:17 PM ---I heard that the late FPJ really took care some of his film collections. I thought it was produced by FPJ Productions, anyway, I'll try to contact them Jojo. If not you are my last resort.

Do you remember the visuals used by Celso Ad Castillo in PATAYIN? Man, the mirrors and broken glasses are enough to keep you awake at night!  :o

--- End quote ---

i do remember them... Celso had the perfect eye for visuals. it was very evident in most of his films. the use of extreme close-ups to signify the terror and the house that they used it was so creepy. i can remember a shot of the house during sunset, dissolving to a scene where Susan, Dante & Beth Manlongat were having dinner then the lights went out... very creepy!

keating:
Who wrote the screenplay, Jo? And the supporting casts are unknown?  ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version