Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series  (Read 567326 times)

Offline wanderlust

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9 Series
« Reply #390 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:05 PM »
next year pa! magnepan ka na lang sir! ahahaha.

Offline H a n $

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #391 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:07 PM »

Uy ang Sir nag-aabang..Sir pag 9.2 ang kukunin mo sabay tayong bumuli ng stands ha...  ;D

Sure....

teka why to i need to buy stand aanhin ko yan.. ;D

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:09 PM »
next year pa! magnepan ka na lang sir! ahahaha.

ganda ng magnepan....

kaso di type ng wallet ko.. ;D

Offline j_albert22

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:09 PM »

kunwari pa daw baka bumili na yan...... ;D ;Dlimited stock lang daw e

Offline Control

• DVD Addict
  • Let your ears guide you!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:13 PM »

;D Sa evo mo ba ipapatong Sir? wawa naman Evo mo....baka magselos yun at hindi na mag-perform ng maayos... >:D

Offline wanderlust

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:13 PM »
d na kailangan stands pag naka magnepan ka sir, d mo na kailangan yn. hehehe. oy kunwari pa.... bye bye naba sa old, hello new naba? ;D

hayyy...........  type ko din sana yon kaya lang kahit ipambayad ko pati wallet ko d pa rin kaya, ahihihi. mag politician na lang kaya ako? >:D
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:14 PM by wanderlust »

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:15 PM »
Saw the 9.2 and 9.4 at Sights&Sounds last Sunday and the center as well.  Very well made - looking more like an EVO with its shape.  Wala pa lang 9.3.  The 9.4 has a similar config as an 8.3.  Heard them with a USAudio Sub and sounded pretty fine.  

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:19 PM »
Saw the 9.2 and 9.4 at Sights&Sounds last Sunday and the center as well.  Very well made - looking more like an EVO with its shape.  Wala pa lang 9.3.  The 9.4 has a similar config as an 8.3.  Heard them with a USAudio Sub and sounded pretty fine.  

Bro whats the color available black din ba?? thanks ;D

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:20 PM »
ano pa hinihintay nyo..... narinig nyo naman kung pano sumuka.... este tumunog yung 9.2

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:24 PM »

Bro whats the color available black din ba?? thanks ;D

Black is what I saw.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #400 on: Nov 08, 2004 at 01:39 PM »

sir how was the 9.2 vs 9.4? w/c is a better buy? did you also find the 9.4 to be boomy?

Offline odyopayl

• DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 04:02 PM »

sir how was the 9.2 vs 9.4? w/c is a better buy? did you also find the 9.4 to be boomy?

I took the liberty to reply.  Well speakers on different sizes sounded different depending on the size of the room & position of the speakers. Naturally if your room is small the floorstander will sound boomy.

Speakers neither front or rear ported requires space on back & sidewalls.  The sound of your speakers also depends on your room acoustics. The truth floorstander (big speakers in general) are easier to manage than bookshelf speakers. Diba mas madaling magbawas let say boomy! (try to locate your speakers away from the backwall) compared to Bass craving? That's why high-end speakers really designed BIG! Huge! but they are not intent for a coliseum. Bigger speakers can give you good bass & body in a less volume listening. (IMHO)
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Nov 09, 2004 at 05:04 PM »

I did not perform extensive test to say either way.  The set-up had a USAudio sub playing so if it was boomy, I'd blame the sub.  But I didn't perceive any boominess.  The 9.2 was just on display.  They seem to have the same driver elements, so in situations like this, I'd personally prefer a floorstander as you can always define them on the receiver as SMALL, if you want to diminish their bass response.   Then again, if you have excellent subs to begin with, the bookshelfs will do just as well, if not better.  Sometimes the bass back-loading in large enclosures can have an adverse effect on the mids so that a bookshelf in the same line can have more defined mids.  It pays to audition both if you are interested in this model.  I was looking for something else at that time. (The NAD C542  ;D)

Offline LETOR

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Nov 10, 2004 at 01:05 PM »
Hi guys,

What model of D9 series is equivalent to D 8.1? How would you compare the performance in the midrange and treble section? As far as I know D8.1 has so many citations because of its performance in this section. Thanks for any info..

Offline Control

• DVD Addict
  • Let your ears guide you!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Nov 10, 2004 at 01:32 PM »
Hi guys,

What model of D9 series is equivalent to D 8.1? How would you compare the performance in the midrange and treble section? As far as I know D8.1 has so many citations because of its performance in this section. Thanks for any info..

The two models I can think of are the 9.0 and 9.1.. sadly we didn't have the opportunity to audition it.  :-\

Offline slayer

• Collector
  • Spread the Irie
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Nov 12, 2004 at 11:24 AM »
Finally had a glimps of the 9.4 yestarday at spectra... didn't heard its performance though as i was in a hurry. Kinatok ko lang... ganda ng enclosure tsaka face area ng silk dome tweeter.  >:D
Scratch my TT!!

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Nov 12, 2004 at 02:30 PM »
anyone tested the new diamond9 subs???

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Nov 12, 2004 at 07:54 PM »
Was able to audition the Polk Audio sub(dunno model-white cone?), the Def Tech Prosub100TL and the Diamond SW150.  The Def Tech sounded deeper than the two while the Polk sounded louder(boomier?) and best for HT.  IMHO, the SW150 sounded tight and well-controlled(better than the Polk) for music at the price being offered so that's the one I got.  No regrets. :)  For HT, it initially sounded weak but now that I've gotten it broken in(took a month) it's just right for my room(small) and doesn't disturb the neighbors...much.  ;D   

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Nov 13, 2004 at 12:42 PM »
thanks taggart

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Nov 13, 2004 at 06:58 PM »
No problem john.  Take my words with a big grain of salt dahil newbie lang talaga ako hehe.  Just want to add na-audition ko narin CHT-10 in another shop and found the bass really nice kaya lang wala sa budget ko.  Same with the Prosub.  Wharfedale at Polk lang pasok sa budget kaya sila talaga pinagcompare ko.  Oh yeah...wanna add on the SW150...6 fixed crossover points from 85hz to 35hz in 10hz intervals...dunno if this is good or bad.       

Offline Larry_Boy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Nov 14, 2004 at 07:14 AM »
guys, i have the awards 2004 edition of what hi fi? sound and vision magazine and guess what . . .  wharfedales diamond 9 series garnered 3 awards as follows:

1) Best compact speaker package for the up to L500 price range (in pounds) for the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9 HCP package (this includes 4 diamond 9.0 satelllites, the sw150 sub and the 9cc as centre)

Verdict: Small, tidy and with an enviable unity of sound, this is the best compact speaker package around at the price - budget AV receiver owners need look no further

2) Awards 2004 Product of the Year - Subwoofer category for the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND SW150

Verdict: A true champion in terms of value and performance - weight and presence at a great package

3) Awards 2004 Product of the Year - Stereo Speakers category for the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9.1

Verdict: Wharfedale's Diamond 9.1s are a bar-raising effort - the company has just taken the performance of a sub- L200 (in pounds) speakers to a whole new level. A superb budget option.  The designer has given the Wharfedales a sonic ability you'd think was impossible at this price.

. . . so there you have it guys . . . it's time to audition for those who are still having second thoughts!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Prov 3:5)

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Nov 14, 2004 at 01:46 PM »
After inviting my Tito to the audio fair - he kept bugging me to set up a home theater for him SARS ;D he already had a Yamaha that he could use, but didn't know what it was...

I went to his house yesterday and saw that it was a Yamaha DSP A1 - cool! so armed with his money we went to Spectra (thanks Jim) and bought the following:

Diamond 9.2
Diamond 9.1
Diamond CS
Diamond Subwoofer

before

after

all i can say is for HT - i wouldn't spend any more than the cost of these speakers. they do the job and do it well ;D
money is best spent

Offline losi_phile

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Nov 15, 2004 at 10:54 AM »
Hi guys,

Hi Letor,

I have an 8.1 and was able to listen to 9.1 at sights and sounds (Shangrila).  Based on my few minutes of listening to the 9.1, the most noticable difference between the two is in the bass region.  The 9.1 has more bass than the 8.1.  The mid and high section is almost the same.  Maybe the 9.0 will be equivalent to the 8.1 (haven't listened to the 9.0 though) but the 9.1 is, for me, better than 8.1.  To add to that, the 9.1 is already product of the year sa What HiFi magazine.  Now, I'm seriously considering the 9.1 as against to my earlier preference, the 9.6 >:( >:( Just my opinion.

losi_phile
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2004 at 10:56 AM by losi_phile »

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #413 on: Nov 15, 2004 at 11:01 AM »
iceman,

natuloy ka din pala! congrats sa HT setup ng Tito mo! sayang at di ako nakasama sa inyo....  :)
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2004 at 11:35 PM by JojoD818 »

Offline LETOR

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Nov 15, 2004 at 01:26 PM »

Hi Letor,

I have an 8.1 and was able to listen to 9.1 at sights and sounds (Shangrila).  Based on my few minutes of listening to the 9.1, the most noticable difference between the two is in the bass region.  The 9.1 has more bass than the 8.1.  The mid and high section is almost the same.  Maybe the 9.0 will be equivalent to the 8.1 (haven't listened to the 9.0 though) but the 9.1 is, for me, better than 8.1.  To add to that, the 9.1 is already product of the year sa What HiFi magazine.  Now, I'm seriously considering the 9.1 as against to my earlier preference, the 9.6 >:( >:( Just my opinion.

losi_phile

Thanks a lot losi_phile,

With your comments I'm excited to listen to the 9.1 or 9.2 myself kaso lang wala pang stock ang dealer sa area namin. If that's the case its easier to blend the subwoofer with the 9.1. How about the 9.2 have you tried listening? What's your observation? 

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Nov 15, 2004 at 03:17 PM »

Thanks a lot losi_phile,

With your comments I'm excited to listen to the 9.1 or 9.2 myself kaso lang wala pang stock ang dealer sa area namin. If that's the case its easier to blend the subwoofer with the 9.1. How about the 9.2 have you tried listening? What's your observation? 

Guys,

We had the chance to home audition 9.2 and for a bookshelf it have a floorstander bass  ;D ;D hehehehe the room is around 4 x 7 meters ata aside from the good low end it also provide us with good extended high and sweet mids. :)

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Nov 15, 2004 at 03:55 PM »
After inviting my Tito to the audio fair - he kept bugging me to set up a home theater for him SARS ;D he already had a Yamaha that he could use, but didn't know what it was...

I went to his house yesterday and saw that it was a Yamaha DSP A1 - cool! so armed with his money we went to Spectra (thanks Jim) and bought the following:

all i can say is for HT - i wouldn't spend any more than the cost of these speakers. they do the job and do it well ;D

Kya pala you text me ha mag shopping spree ka pala.. hehehehe Congrats sa Tito mo! ;D ;D

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Nov 16, 2004 at 07:44 AM »
sarap mag shopping pag di mo pera ;D

happy naman sya eh - pag alis ko, nakapuwesto na lahat sila sa sala ;D

jojo - pag yung audio set-up na nya papagawa, sama ka ;D
money is best spent