Author Topic: B&W 600  Speakers  (Read 297269 times)

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: B&W 600  Speakers
« Reply #1680 on: Oct 29, 2018 at 02:07 PM »
Cnet gave it 3.5. IMO, without hearing it yet, it looks like a good improvement over what I didn't like about the 685s2... lackluster highs, too laid back.

The Good
The Bowers and Wilkins 606 offers better dynamics and deeper bass than most speakers its size. Its clear sound adds insight into well-recorded music and punch to movies, particularly at high volume. The new silvery Continuum driver and domed driver lends the speaker a sense of class. The speakers also feature magnetic grilles.

The Bad
With the wrong system the speakers can sound too bright, and it's not the best speaker for so-called "badly recorded" music. A price increase over the previous model pushes it into a different class of speakers, but the finish doesn't correspond.

The Bottom Line
The Bowers and Wilkins 606 bookshelves offer bucketfuls of resolution and bass power, but they're more expensive and not as versatile as their predecessors.

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #1681 on: Oct 29, 2018 at 05:47 PM »
Cnet gave it 3.5. IMO, without hearing it yet, it looks like a good improvement over what I didn't like about the 685s2... lackluster highs, too laid back.

The Good
The Bowers and Wilkins 606 offers better dynamics and deeper bass than most speakers its size. Its clear sound adds insight into well-recorded music and punch to movies, particularly at high volume. The new silvery Continuum driver and domed driver lends the speaker a sense of class. The speakers also feature magnetic grilles.

The Bad
With the wrong system the speakers can sound too bright, and it's not the best speaker for so-called "badly recorded" music. A price increase over the previous model pushes it into a different class of speakers, but the finish doesn't correspond.

The Bottom Line
The Bowers and Wilkins 606 bookshelves offer bucketfuls of resolution and bass power, but they're more expensive and not as versatile as their predecessors.

Thank you Bro! Hopefully sa Hifi Show may demo :)

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1682 on: Oct 29, 2018 at 05:48 PM »
i just learned that they have took away with Kevlar cones and moved to Continuum cones (like the ones in 700 series & 800 series).   if not for the Kevlar (which I find too old looking), I would have the 683 S2 almost 2 years ago =))

seen on the pictures for the new 600 series, I think I'll lean on getting the white veneer -- when I get one.

also waiting for more professional audio reviews and What Hi-Fi Awards for this series, presumably...

We have the 600s2 series.. Not sure if it's worth the upgrade :) Will just wait for more reviews nalang!

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #1683 on: Oct 29, 2018 at 08:33 PM »

I have the B&W 606 with me right now for home demo. The CNET review is unfortunately spot on. On certain songs the speakers are painful to the ears. The bass is strong, the treble has a newfound clarity but with the wrong songs like Titanium by David Gueta it's especially painful to listen to. I tried switching the speaker wires to a warmer sounding one but it only helped a tiny bit. Maybe a warmer sounding amp will do the trick but I'll be returning this to the store.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1684 on: Oct 30, 2018 at 08:02 AM »

I have the B&W 606 with me right now for home demo. The CNET review is unfortunately spot on. On certain songs the speakers are painful to the ears. The bass is strong, the treble has a newfound clarity but with the wrong songs like Titanium by David Gueta it's especially painful to listen to. I tried switching the speaker wires to a warmer sounding one but it only helped a tiny bit. Maybe a warmer sounding amp will do the trick but I'll be returning this to the store.

What amp are you pairing it with sir? Thank you

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1685 on: Oct 30, 2018 at 08:52 AM »
What amp are you pairing it with sir? Thank you

NAD C 368. It's a class D amp which isn't as warm as the traditional class AB amps of NAD. It's a wonderful match with my Dynaudio Emit M20.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2018 at 09:02 AM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1686 on: Oct 30, 2018 at 05:53 PM »
NAD C 368. It's a class D amp which isn't as warm as the traditional class AB amps of NAD. It's a wonderful match with my Dynaudio Emit M20.

Ok sir Thank you! We're planning to use it for HT lang.. Will audition nalang siguro din.. Hopefully meron sa Hifi Show..

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1687 on: Oct 31, 2018 at 09:16 AM »
Ok sir Thank you! We're planning to use it for HT lang.. Will audition nalang siguro din.. Hopefully meron sa Hifi Show..
For HT I see no problem. I use Klipsch for HT and it's quite good. For stereo listening now that's a different story.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1688 on: Nov 01, 2018 at 09:41 PM »
For HT I see no problem. I use Klipsch for HT and it's quite good. For stereo listening now that's a different story.

Yes sir.. Purely HT.. Siguro may times na we play some music but through Spotify lamg naman.. I think baka ok nga sa use namin :)

Offline dcuniverse

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1689 on: Dec 02, 2018 at 03:58 PM »
im looking for 603 any series will do ...baka may gusto mag benta kindly msg me

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1690 on: Aug 17, 2019 at 08:17 PM »

I have to modify my review on this B&W 606. Based on numerous outstanding reviews online and advice from YouTubers that the brightness that I heard was due to the speaker not being fully broken in, I borrowed this speaker again for audition at my home. The speaker has already been played a few times at Watts Hi-Fi store in Makati Cinema Square but it was not yet broken in. I've been listening to it constantly since last Saturday and lo and behold on Friday night the speaker was finally broken in! Gone was the screeching treble (I had my tone settings at -3 for the treble) and super forward midrange. I could finally set my tone settings to flat without cringing!  ;D

I've always pit this speaker against my Dynaudio Emit M20 to see if it could take it's place or not. Well after the proper break-in period let's just say that I preferred the sound of the B&W 606! Today I delivered my Emit M20's to Watts Hi-Fi for them to sell it for me!  :o :)
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1691 on: Aug 21, 2019 at 01:09 PM »

I have to modify my review on this B&W 606. Based on numerous outstanding reviews online and advice from YouTubers that the brightness that I heard was due to the speaker not being fully broken in, I borrowed this speaker again for audition at my home. The speaker has already been played a few times at Watts Hi-Fi store in Makati Cinema Square but it was not yet broken in. I've been listening to it constantly since last Saturday and lo and behold on Friday night the speaker was finally broken in! Gone was the screeching treble (I had my tone settings at -3 for the treble) and super forward midrange. I could finally set my tone settings to flat without cringing!  ;D

I've always pit this speaker against my Dynaudio Emit M20 to see if it could take it's place or not. Well after the proper break-in period let's just say that I preferred the sound of the B&W 606! Today I delivered my Emit M20's to Watts Hi-Fi for them to sell it for me!  :o :)

How many hours did it take you to break-in the Speakers?

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1692 on: Aug 22, 2019 at 09:23 AM »
How many hours did it take you to break-in the Speakers?
More than a week of 3 hours listening per day. The shop was already playing it from time to time so I can't be sure of how long they played it. During my first audition (straight out of the box) one week was definitely not enough.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Oldboyracer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • May the upgrade be with you
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #1693 on: Aug 23, 2019 at 08:09 PM »
Normally I would run my speakers non stop for 100 hours to ensure break in. Ideally have them face to face very close together & one reverse phase (positive & negative crossed).
Emotiva XSP-1 & XPA-DR2, SMSL VMV D1, ND8006
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline Valiente

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
« Reply #1694 on: Oct 02, 2020 at 04:27 PM »
Bowers and Wilkins 607 Speakers with Onkyo A-9110 Integrated Amplifier is currently on break in. Thank you.
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1695 on: Oct 03, 2020 at 08:38 AM »
Room is really an important factor in buying speakers. Bowers and Wilkins 607 simply fits the size of my three by four meter room. I think room size is the very first consideration. People usually failed at this consideration. People at the rural areas buy speakers, then cranked the volume up to its maximum level in order to test the speakers power and in order that their neighbors will know that they have a loud sound system. Yes, they were able to share the music to their neighbors but their ears are at risk and the sound machine, too. These people should have bought big and giant speakers used for barangay meetings and fiesta gatherings. However, their bahay kubo house might only be filled with speakers, no more no less. A small house with a speaker that can fill stadium with sound. Again, my suggestion is buy speakers based on the size  of your room.   
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1696 on: Oct 03, 2020 at 08:57 AM »
Second consideration, have money for the speaker system. I am a happy music fan today. The Bowers and Wilkins 607 Speakers delivers music to my ears. Onkyo A-9110 is the integrated amplifier that pairs the said speaker. We really must have a money to pay for the beautiful sound. Around fifty thousand pesos for this setup, big saved money, one of my biggest purchase this year. I can buy such money already a motorcycle which I can use when working or two quality mountain bikes. My warning is, before buying speaker system such this amount, please have at least 3 to 6 months salary savings in the bank as emergency fund. We need said fund especially at our pandemic times. Then, once done with emergency fund, it is time for speaker setup. Bowers and Wilkins 607 is round 22, 000, Onkyo A-9110 Stereo Amplifier, which I bought at Cebu City, around 14, 000, Audioquest Rocket 11 speaker wire that are biwireable to speakers, around 3, 000; Atacama Nexus 6i speaker stands, around 7, 000; Audioquest  Profile RCA Interconnects, 3, 000 and iFi Zen DAC, around 6, 000. I use my laptop, then to the iFi Zen DAC, then to amplifier and speakers. My niece likes to listen to Blackpinks new song "How do you like that", Kpop! I listen to jazz music.     
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2020 at 08:58 AM by Valiente »
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1697 on: Oct 03, 2020 at 09:22 AM »
Third consideration is experience. My first speakers which I considered special to my ears were computer speakers, Altec VS 4121, which costs around 5, 000. The said speakers were long lasting and gave me music at a room which is around 3 by 4 meters, too. Budget savvy people can really find music at very minimal cost. I remember my brother was amazed when he heard the sound inside my room. Curious, he borrowed, however he positioned the speakers in the garage, cranked the volume level, sounded so small, and poor. Remember first consideration, room size. I said to him that the said speakers are meant for small room inside the house. Note, that it is a computer speaker. Then, curious for another active speaker, I was able to catch a used Audioengine A5 speakers on sale here. I placed the speakers on a table and it sounded poor, too and the sound barely fills the room. I think I must have a bought a speaker stand for such speaker. After such, my experience went to headphone listening. I enjoyed Grado SR60, which is around 15 years with me already, around 5, 000 pesos used for 15 years already. I am still using the same earpads. Well worth the money paid for said headphone! I enjoy every music I played Grado SR60 even until now. Its simplicity is the best. Simply, plug on your android phone, and it it will provide you super quality music that is addicting. Lovely headphone it is! At this time, what I like with the speaker setup is, I can feel the music. Sit in a triangular way with the speakers, you will be able to experience music in a different way, too. I think I can associate the Bowers and Wilkins 607 with Grado SR60 in these terms: sparkling, upbeat, bright like sunshine which I like because it uplifts my mood. I think I am only spending an hour with the speakers. This is only break-in period, I am already amazed. I think I will be more amazed once it passes the break-in period, which happens too with headphones. However, I need to buy Bostik Blu Tak, a thing that will paste or secure the speakers on the speakers stands. My niece was even thinking that the speakers might fall on the stand. All in all, if you really want beautiful music, prepare money to pay, too.
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1698 on: Oct 10, 2020 at 09:50 AM »
Break in continues. I am playing with drum covers from Youtube. Astonishing for its small size, Bowers and Wilkins 607 digs some pretty good bass . Onkyo A-9110 volume clock reaches around 10:00 -11:00 o'clock. Why Bowers and Wilkins 607 Speakers? I read a lot of reviews, mostly are on the web. Before, I was able to read some Stereophile Magazines, which I bought from Booksale. I read Whathifi, Enjoymusic, 6moons, and many speaker review sites. The very first time I heard a demo was with Wattshifi. I demoed PSB Alpha B1 and NAD C326BEE amp some years ago. Alpha B1 costs around 12, 000 pesos and C326 was around 20, 000 pesos. I was even planning to simply buy Alpha B1 at this time. Then, considered its replacement model, Alpha P5. However, after watching the review of Thabarmar of Youtube, where he made a comparison between KEF LS50, PSB Alpha P5, and Bowers and Wilkins 607, I went with 607. Thabarmar recommends 607 more than P5. He also stressed 607 as a performer of around 90% of KEF LS50. That was nice to hear,  since LS50 is really a big money with a matching amplifier. Hence, I chose 607. In addition, The Master Switch website puts 607 on top of their list too. They consider the said speaker a good value speaker relative to its price and type of sound signature. The said reviews made my decision easier. With regards to pricing in our country, too, speaker prices are different. Some speakers are higher or lower than SRP. I once consider Elac B6 too but its price is high in our country. With regards to 607, its price is lower with regards to SRP. The more lower the price based on SRP, the better and more valuable the speaker is. Hence, price canvassing is I think very important too when buying speakers. Thank you.
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1699 on: Oct 10, 2020 at 04:26 PM »
Break in continues. I am playing with drum covers from Youtube. Astonishing for its small size, Bowers and Wilkins 607 digs some pretty good bass . Onkyo A-9110 volume clock reaches around 10:00 -11:00 o'clock. Why Bowers and Wilkins 607 Speakers? I read a lot of reviews, mostly are on the web. Before, I was able to read some Stereophile Magazines, which I bought from Booksale. I read Whathifi, Enjoymusic, 6moons, and many speaker review sites. The very first time I heard a demo was with Wattshifi. I demoed PSB Alpha B1 and NAD C326BEE amp some years ago. Alpha B1 costs around 12, 000 pesos and C326 was around 20, 000 pesos. I was even planning to simply buy Alpha B1 at this time. Then, considered its replacement model, Alpha P5. However, after watching the review of Thabarmar of Youtube, where he made a comparison between KEF LS50, PSB Alpha P5, and Bowers and Wilkins 607, I went with 607. Thabarmar recommends 607 more than P5. He also stressed 607 as a performer of around 90% of KEF LS50. That was nice to hear,  since LS50 is really a big money with a matching amplifier. Hence, I chose 607. In addition, The Master Switch website puts 607 on top of their list too. They consider the said speaker a good value speaker relative to its price and type of sound signature. The said reviews made my decision easier. With regards to pricing in our country, too, speaker prices are different. Some speakers are higher or lower than SRP. I once consider Elac B6 too but its price is high in our country. With regards to 607, its price is lower with regards to SRP. The more lower the price based on SRP, the better and more valuable the speaker is. Hence, price canvassing is I think very important too when buying speakers. Thank you.

I like my B&W 606 better than my LS50.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #1700 on: Oct 10, 2020 at 06:03 PM »
Its been 17 years and B&W has always been part of our speaker stable (aside from Dynaudio).  Very capable brand and not finicky when it comes to partnering equipment.  DM302 was my first taste of B&W then the CC6 and DS6 joined the system.  Had those for 7 years and sold all of them here in PDVD to upgrade to the 805N with orig stands.  I really thought that the 805N was a game ender but it was very fragile. In our 6 years of ownership, the tweeter gave up twice and needed a replacement. The original Nautilus tweeter wasn't cheap at 35K hence I decided to let it go before another tweeter blew up.

Traded in the 805N to get our current B&W behemoth which is the 683S2 and ASW10.  Some may say that it was a downgrade (8 series to 6) but for me it has 95% of the sound signature of the 8 series while having three to four times the power and scale.  Quite understandable since 805's are bookshelves while the 683S2 is a full blown floor stander augmented by a sealed 10 inch sub so you get the full scale frequency treatment.  After 4 years of ownership we are very satisfied of its performance and robustness. 

« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2020 at 06:20 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633

Offline [joms]

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1702 on: Nov 07, 2020 at 11:24 AM »
Anyone here knows anyone selling a used B&W 805D3 and HTM2 D3 (Black)? If you do, kindly give me cell - 09178355535
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1703 on: Dec 06, 2020 at 10:27 AM »
Bowers and Wilkins 607 break in continues with Spotify. I think free Spotify will provide music better than Youtube. It has 50 million songs from past to present, wow! There is no need for memory cards, CDs, or external hard drive, all are in the web! I love Spotify. Also, if you have 149 pesos in your pocket, you can opt for Spotify premium, where you can upgrade the bitrate of music to 320 kbps. I simply paid using my load in Smart. Then, Spotify sent me a pin number I encoded in the app, then got a Premium account! There are more details that I hear from a premium versus free. Back to 607, bass gets better, vocals gets better too. New 607 has thin vocals, now it is getting thick and round. Spotify + iFi Zen DAC + Onkyo A-9110 Stereo Amplifier +  Bowers and Wilkins + 607 = Happiness! Spotify = Happiness!
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2020 at 05:39 PM by Valiente »
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1704 on: Dec 06, 2020 at 04:06 PM »
Bowers and Wilkins 607 break in continues with Spotify. I think free Spotify will provide music better than Youtube. It has 50 million songs from past to present, wow! There is no need for memory cards, CDs, or external hard drive, all are in the web! I love Spotify. Also, if you have 149 pesos in your pocket, you can opt for Spotify premium, where you can upgrade the bitrate of music to 320 kbps. I simply paid using my load in Smart. Then, Spotify sent me a pin number I encoded in the app, then got a Premium account! There are more details that I hear from a premium versus free. Back to 607, bass gets better, vocals gets better too. New 607 has thin vocals, now it is getting thick and round. Spotify + iFi Zen DAC + Bowers and Wilkins + 607 = Happiness! Spotify = Happiness!
What amp are you using?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1705 on: Dec 07, 2020 at 05:39 PM »
What amp are you using?

I am using Onkyo A-9110 Stereo Amplifier with Bowers and Wilkins 607.
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1706 on: Dec 13, 2020 at 11:21 AM »
BE PATIENT OF THE BREAK IN

Break in continues. I remember when I bought my first expensive headphones Grado SR60, around 5, 000 pesos. The sound quality of the Grado SR60 seems not reasonable for 5, 000. I think it sounds like my 1, 000 pesos headphone. I thought of selling the headphone. Then,  after a year, I was surprised of the sound quality. The break in is long especially if I am using the headphone for less than an hour a day.

Then, I bought an expensive headphone, AKG 701. Another break in story. The downside of the waiting for a sound quality of around 17, 000 pesos headphone was not realized. Why? The deficient aspect was the amplifier. There was no sufficient drive and force from a 5, 000 pesos amplifier to drive AKG 701, which was considered by many as an inefficient headphone. That is why, even 100 hours of break in was achieved already, the sound quality is terrible. I even preferred my Grado SR60. Hence, AKG 701 was sold to a buyer. I even considered KEF LS50 to be my first passive speakers but I might have another terrible experience if I am unable to match with an amplifier. Hence, I bought an easy to drive speakers in the name of Bowers and Wilkins 607. I also considered Klipsch RP600M, an easy to drive speaker, which I think a great speaker for beginners like me. However, the pricing in our country is way above its SRP. Hence, the winner for the most reasonable priced speaker is the Bowers and Wilkins 607. 

Back to Bowers and Wilkins 607. I think the Onkyo A-9110 is sufficient to drive the speakers. The combination was approved by the Master Switch (https://www.themasterswitch.com/), a website which reviews speakers and amplifiers. Hence, I decided for the combination. Plus, it is where the point of my budget resides. I think other owners have other combinations, too. Hence, we have this website, where we can share experiences.

I think I will give my final verdict after a year. December 2021 is the month that break in ends of the setup, Bowers and Wilkins 607, Onkyo A-9110, and iFi Zen DAC, Atacama Nexus 6i, QED RCA Interconnects, Audioquest Rocket 11 biwirable speaker wires., playing on 3m x 4m room.

Advance Paskong masaya! Bagong taong sagana sa lahat!
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2020 at 11:34 AM by Valiente »
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1707 on: Dec 14, 2020 at 10:29 AM »
BE PATIENT OF THE BREAK IN

Break in continues. I remember when I bought my first expensive headphones Grado SR60, around 5, 000 pesos. The sound quality of the Grado SR60 seems not reasonable for 5, 000. I think it sounds like my 1, 000 pesos headphone. I thought of selling the headphone. Then,  after a year, I was surprised of the sound quality. The break in is long especially if I am using the headphone for less than an hour a day.

Then, I bought an expensive headphone, AKG 701. Another break in story. The downside of the waiting for a sound quality of around 17, 000 pesos headphone was not realized. Why? The deficient aspect was the amplifier. There was no sufficient drive and force from a 5, 000 pesos amplifier to drive AKG 701, which was considered by many as an inefficient headphone. That is why, even 100 hours of break in was achieved already, the sound quality is terrible. I even preferred my Grado SR60. Hence, AKG 701 was sold to a buyer. I even considered KEF LS50 to be my first passive speakers but I might have another terrible experience if I am unable to match with an amplifier. Hence, I bought an easy to drive speakers in the name of Bowers and Wilkins 607. I also considered Klipsch RP600M, an easy to drive speaker, which I think a great speaker for beginners like me. However, the pricing in our country is way above its SRP. Hence, the winner for the most reasonable priced speaker is the Bowers and Wilkins 607. 

Back to Bowers and Wilkins 607. I think the Onkyo A-9110 is sufficient to drive the speakers. The combination was approved by the Master Switch (https://www.themasterswitch.com/), a website which reviews speakers and amplifiers. Hence, I decided for the combination. Plus, it is where the point of my budget resides. I think other owners have other combinations, too. Hence, we have this website, where we can share experiences.

I think I will give my final verdict after a year. December 2021 is the month that break in ends of the setup, Bowers and Wilkins 607, Onkyo A-9110, and iFi Zen DAC, Atacama Nexus 6i, QED RCA Interconnects, Audioquest Rocket 11 biwirable speaker wires., playing on 3m x 4m room.

Advance Paskong masaya! Bagong taong sagana sa lahat!
The current 600 series really takes a long time to break-in. I made the mistake of returning the first set of 606 that I home demoed, I had it for a week. After a few months I requested to do another home demo, this time I waited three weeks and one day the sound mellowed down (from being so aggressive) and it was finally broken-in.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #1708 on: Dec 14, 2020 at 11:44 AM »
bnew 601s2 took about 3weeks
bnew 602s2 more than 2weeks
lotsa patience

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1709 on: Dec 22, 2020 at 11:05 AM »
My 607 break in process is like this, from harsh sounding to mellow sounding speakers or from harsh to smooth sounding. Smoothness is so good. It is like holding from a coarse to fine sand. I assume, more smoothness will be coming. This is really the break in process I have experienced with Grado SR 60 headphones. Bass, from uncontrolled bass to smooth and firm bass. Break in music are Pinoy Tagalog Christmas songs. Maligayang Pasko sa bawat tahanan! Malamig ang simoy ng hangin. Lubos ang kasayahan. Masaganang buhay sa taong darating!
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"