Author Topic: Australian Idol 2005  (Read 2105 times)

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Australian Idol 2005
« on: Aug 10, 2005 at 07:51 AM »
Well, well, well... Aussie Idol's finally started. For the past 2 weeks they've been airing their audition specials and introduced their new judge - radio DJ Kyle. I miss Dicko. He made so much sense. But this new guy Kyle... he's trying too hard, too brash, and too much. Now, it's Mark Holden who seems to be the "sensible" one. And that's sad.

Hankey have you seen it yet? Let me know what you think.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
Re: Australian Idol 2005
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2005 at 01:31 PM »
Now, it's Mark Holden who seems to be the "sensible" one.

I thought he's actually being the sarcastic one. He'd say something good to someone really, really bad. Parang nakakaloko. ;D He's done it many times. Puro good performance kahit comedy na.  It seems that I feel this is all a big joke to him now. But that's just me. The Kyle guy, he's actually quite an a-s-s. But he's of some use. If it's pop star they're looking for, he knows what would click. If it's a musical genius they're looking for --- that's Mark Holden's area. Marcia? Ehhhh...she still scares me. :o

Did you see the Pinay, first day? With her Pinay mom rin, who sang in the last part, sa credits? Also noticed a lot of Asian women who got through top 150.

No one stands out to me this season. Well, maybe for that girl from Tasmania 2nd episode yata, yung punk-pixie looking chic, with the 80's punk hair.

And that lady with the grunge look and all, fourth episode I think....she reminds me of when Casey first auditioned, you wouldn't expect she could sing so well.

The guys --- most of them sounded....common. Not Boy Band types anymore (thank you lord! ;D). But Maroon5 types.

But this show is still way better than American Idol. Sa 2 hosts pa lang, okay na. ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2005 at 01:41 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 09:00 AM »
I can't stand Kyle. There. I've said it. No one really likes him here and most believe that he's really not credible. He's recently had bad press about his penchant for abusing his powers as a DJ... but that's another story altogether.

Mark I think is just generally disappointed with this year's crop of talent. Well you know, with a population of 30 million people here down under, maybe they ARE running out of singers, :)

I kind of like that guy from Brisbane who auditioned in the previous season and finally made it to this season. He's got a great voice. In fact, so far I just like the guys.

FYI, Anthony really should've won last year's Idol. Winner Casey has been a non-factor in the music industry here while Anthony's been burning the charts with his debut.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 11:59 AM »
FYI, Anthony really should've won last year's Idol. Winner Casey has been a non-factor in the music industry here while Anthony's been burning the charts with his debut.

I think that's called "Clay Aiken Syndrome"?  ::)

Will leave the Oz Idol discussions to you two this season, though. Way too much going on right now for me to get into it this year.

Cheers!  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2005 at 12:03 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2005 at 09:21 PM »
Top 30 ----

The Filipina (Irene) did acknowledge she's Pinay (Polish-Pinay) and if she can't make it to Top 12.....which I think is possible, she's singing "Turn the Beat Around" (bat yun naman pinili niya??) sa Group 1 elimination....anyway, pwede siyang Comedian. She's very funny, she even made fun of her Pinay mother's Pinoy English. ;D I like her!

Also, this guy in the picture below?? Soooooo, April Boy Regino. OMG! He's got the same April Boy voice. He is singing "What's Going On" ("25 years and my life is still, trying to get that great big deal of hope...."   not Marvin Gaye's What's Going On) in this picture:

He made it to top 30.

Edited:

Never thought a person could be described as...uh, pardon the word lang...e-b-s (read out loud, tagalog ng stool. You know how kids say it these days --- t_e ka!)  ::) ;D .... but if there was one guy to describe that, it's Judge Kyle. :P

(Again, sorry for that. It's easier to say it than to write it...)  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2005 at 09:29 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 17, 2005 at 06:27 PM »
nasa heats na ang oz idol 3??!!

LOL! and i'm still watching the top 5 of oz idol 2.... (and freaked out that the whole chanel-daniel thing is REAL!!  :o)

only one pinay in this years top 30 ba? (same as last year... i kinda expected there'd be more this year.)

i'm a bit surprised star world hasn't even tried to pick this show up... i mean, definitely mas malapit sa atin ang oz kaysa sa amerika. LOL.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 17, 2005 at 10:53 PM »
Top 5? So that means, you just saw the last of Ricky Lee?  :)

Many Pinay looking singers this time around, not so sure if they are all Pinay.  Could be Vietnamese. Irene was the only one who've confirmed she's Pinay so far and unfortunately, she didn't make it to Top 12.  Sabi na nga ba "Turn the Beat Around" is a bad song choice! ;D

Group 1 just had its Top 3 results and.....sorry sungit, your manok is gone as well. Sana he goes back sa Wildcard, I also like him.  :D

Listen to Group 1 Mp3s here --- http://forum.australianidol.bigpond.com.au/forums/19631/ShowPost.aspx --- the 3 people who got in sang Home (Real,Real yung title ng mp3 LOL!), Beautiful Soul (the contestant is a TV personality, he appears on a kiddie show na parang Barney ata), and Sweet Child of Mine (rocker chick) .... sungit's bet sang I Don't Wanna Be.  Group 1 sounded...well not good as I have expected.

Edited:
...sadly, the Oz Idol forum is down now, as I write this....as usual -- bickering fans na naman. Baka nagka-overload yung server daming nag-aaway. ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2005 at 11:01 PM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2005 at 08:03 AM »
Well after the semis where everyone clearly was scared sh**less (my boy Dan choked! Majorly!) I felt no love for anyone but Anne. Thought her rendition, though wobbly at times, was very sincere and emotional. Everone else was forgettable.

The Pinay chick was really a personality winner. But in terms of song choice -- BAD! Not good for a non-themed Gloria Estefan night. And her voice was waaaaay too breezy -- pang ASAP (which I think is where she'll end up. Her folks know that the only place she'll get a singing career is in the Philippines, especially if you're an Idol reject).

The group who got through... we'll see. Just glad that Anne made it. I think that guy Chris (an uglier version of N'Sync's JC CHasez) should cut his hair. It's horrible... Michael Bolton circa early 90's hair. And I don't like the resident rock chic. She's not "rock" enough for me.

But Dan... there's still hope. WILD CARD.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2005 at 07:01 AM »
I think that guy Chris (an uglier version of N'Sync's JC CHasez) should cut his hair. It's horrible... Michael Bolton circa early 90's hair.

Weird Al Yankovich istatyu (is that you)?

But Dan... there's still hope. WILD CARD.

Agree! 
Dan looks like Colin Farrel/Anthony Callea. Pogi factor, to bring in the screaming female fans.  ;D He's got a big chance sa wild card.

Bumagay naman yung kanta sa kanya, eh....he sang it better than Bo did on AI (I think....heheh, mukhang madumi na naman yata tenga ko). But I also think Bo performed it better. Dan's performance was de numero.

* I like Ann's voice too. Pero I didn't like what she sang, parang pang Bagong Kampeon, eh. ;D She is in danger of becoming another Haley, though --- nice but no personality.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2005 at 07:02 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 10, 2005 at 11:25 AM »
Irene the Pinay, made it to the Wildcards Round, but failed again. She sang Greatest Love Of All, hilig talaga niya pang-karaoke! :P ;D In fact that's what the judges said to her the first time. ;D

Just testing this out....uh, a couple of 30-second Video uploads, so that you guys can check the contestants out yourselves. Magaling sila! ;) Not as good as last season, but way better than Carrie and Anwar and the rest of 'em ... you know... (with the exception of BO of course!) ;D

These are the ones I will be rooting for  ;D, if only I can vote:

Click image to Download 30-second video
Lee Harding
Song choice: The Anthem

- This guy is Fun! Fun! Fun! ;)

Click image to Download 30-second video
Dan Spillane
Song choice: Give Me Some Lovin

- ^^This is for you, sungit! ;D
- He's just too stiff-looking and too conscious, needs to relaaaax.

Click image to Download 55-second video
Milly Edwards
Song choice: (I forgot the title hehehehe)

- She's only 17.  :o

Click image to Download 1-min video
James
Song choice: Change the World

- He's not the best singer, but he is smooooooth. Woohoo! :-* ;D
- Looks awfully familiar, Lorenzo Llamas and someone else...can't remember

All the rest are good, with the exception of one. Hirap mag-upload lahat, took me an hour to do this post, bwaha! Kaya 4 na lang of my fave contestants. ;D

Alright, back to hibernation-mode for me. :D
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2005 at 11:27 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »