Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy  (Read 26566 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #90 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 09:51 AM »
Huh? I thought season 1 only got up to 9 episodes. What happened in Episode 12 of Season 1?

Sorry sir I got confused here.  Anyway I was referring to the "It's the End of the World" Episode.... :-\

Munskie

-Thanks for the link! ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #91 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 10:04 AM »
voj- Now i understand.  I musn't be watching the episodes in chronological order.   :P Hmmm...I have to double check the episodes then with the link that Sir Munskie posted.  Thanks!

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: Jul 30, 2006 at 12:33 AM »

This is where Grey's Anatomy becomes confusing.

FYI, the original Season 1 ended on Episode 9 but it got picked up early.  At the start of Season 2, the first 4 episodes are actually Episodes 10-13 of Season 1 (as you know most "pilot" usually last 13 episodes or half a season), then they continued with the real Season 2 Episode 1 all the way up to Episode 23.

Numerology gets jumbled up.  In real time, Season 2 Episode 1 is Season 1 Episode 10.  In their numbering Season 2 Episode 1 aired as the fourth episode in season 2  ???.  You can see this at TV.com - they have a column in their chart showing the internal numbers.

That's why we get this question of ynreh in almost all places.    :D   I downloaded this  through torrents, and I must have download some episodes 4 or 5 times to get the correct episode to complete the collection.

nerveblocker

it gets better ;D

i guess we could still say that it is still season 2 since the dvd only has 9 episodes. even its official site on abc has "raindrops" for ep1 season 2.  unlike prison break w/c ended its 13th ep in november 2005 and continued in march 2006 with the 14th. counted as season 1 till ep22.
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2006 at 12:35 AM by jekoy »
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Jermi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jul 31, 2006 at 05:03 PM »
Re: Ellen Pompeo (Meredith). Watching her in Punk'd (Youtube.com) was kinda painful, she was really b#tchy.  I sincerely believed her when she said that she was going to stab the waitress with the fork.  Must be the stress of filming the series or the ill-effects of fame.

Re: Her Meredith's attachment to the dog.  The writers were trying to create a "metaphor" of sorts where Meredith displaces her feelings for McDreamy towards the dog, thus, you have lines like, "I only had *him* for a little while, but I became so attached to it..." or something like that....

Izzie is an excellent actress in the tube cutting episode. That was powerhouse acting.

George pala is the Set-clown (as opposed to class clown). 

I've been sleeping at wee hours in the morning bec me and the wifey finished both seasons, now, I'm still sleeping late watching all these precious junk in Youtube.

Youtube = the best thing in the universe.  ;D

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jul 31, 2006 at 05:13 PM »
Re: Her Meredith's attachment to the dog.  The writers were trying to create a "metaphor" of sorts where Meredith displaces her feelings for McDreamy towards the dog, thus, you have lines like, "I only had *him* for a little while, but I became so attached to it..." or something like that....

I want you to think long and hard until you realize that that's not what I meant.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 11:13 AM »
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2006 at 11:16 AM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Aug 01, 2006 at 02:18 PM »
ang tagal sa abc.com, but I found the video in youtube.  Its great!!   ;D ;D

Chasing Cars-Grey's Anatomy Version

Warning to those who hadnt watched season 2...some spoiler scenes are in this music video.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2006 at 02:19 PM by Munskie »

Offline Lex Luthor

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Aug 08, 2006 at 12:43 PM »
just finished watching the season 2 finale. awesome, awesome show! Katherine Heigl is HOTNESS!

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #98 on: Aug 13, 2006 at 08:19 PM »
after much prodding, i finally started watching season 1 of grey's anatomy friday night. haven't had much sleep since then  ;D

i've always loved patrick dempsey since his 80s (or was it 90s?) movies. glad to see him back in the mainstream.

Offline Jermi

• Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Aug 25, 2006 at 04:38 PM »
I want you to think long and hard until you realize that that's not what I meant.

You go her attachment to her dog was something that you don't buy. She became attached to the dog because the mutt was a displacement of her affection for McDreamy, but you're right. I probably don't get what you were trying to say.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Aug 26, 2006 at 12:39 AM »
Then stop making assumptions when you're not sure.

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Aug 28, 2006 at 07:45 PM »
I can't believe how my favorite TV show was shut out during the recent Emmy's. "24" winning? E di ba ang tagal na n'on? O well, maybe it's partly because it's presently off the air, so maybe that influenced the voting.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #102 on: Sep 03, 2006 at 08:53 PM »
I actually just started watching this with the arrival of my Season 2 DVD last week.

From a doctor's point of view, I cannot relate to interns challenging their senior residents and even their attendings the way this group does. Maybe they're more bastos in the States, but speaking to your consultants that way would never happen in this country. You'd get fired on the spot.

From a couch potato's point of view, it's an engaging soap opera, but I feel its writing/creative staff is way too female. Much like Sex and the City, I go into estrogen overload after 3 or 4 episodes, and have to sneak in an episode of The Man Show so my testosterone levels can revert to normal.  ;D

From a Katherine Heigl watcher's point of view, it's funny seeing her still playing a character named "Iso(a)bel" and having something going on with someone named "Alex." I half expect to see her brother "Max" walk in at any time.

From a reality TV junkie's point of view, I just can't get over the fact that the bartender/bar owner is My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee. O0
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2006 at 10:17 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #103 on: Sep 08, 2006 at 11:55 AM »

From a couch potato's point of view, it's an engaging soap opera, but I feel its writing/creative staff is way too female. Much like Sex and the City, I go into estrogen overload after 3 or 4 episodes, and have to sneak in an episode of The Man Show so my testosterone levels can revert to normal.  ;D

At last! That's exactly how I feel when watching this show. It's good, but not great for me. I don't even like the lead characters--Meredith Grey annoys me to no end, like she's some neurotic, whiny beyotch. Don't like Ellen Pompeo's face either. And Macdreamy? MacWeenie is more like it. Best characters are the supporting ones: Bailey, Izzie, and Christina.

If you believe the rumors about this show regarding the cast starting to hate the producers, I don't think this show will last beyond 4 years...

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 08:09 AM »
Season 3 is opening today September 21 in the U.S. (actually it's tom morning Manila time). Do you guys have an idea how soon Episode 3-1 will be available for download in P2P sites?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 10:28 AM »
New episodes usually available anywhere from 2-6 hours after the East Coast broadcast. I'd say you can probably find it between 12nn and 4pm tomorrow.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 10:35 AM »
Season 3 is opening today September 21 in the U.S. (actually it's tom morning Manila time). Do you guys have an idea how soon Episode 3-1 will be available for download in P2P sites?
hehe, nabitin ka ba nung season finale....ill be watching for downloads too... :)

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 08:53 PM »
they're baaaacccckkk! Now i can get my George fix again! ;D

First episode, an emotional one, makes one ponder a bit more after the end credits are over and done with.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Sep 23, 2006 at 12:18 AM »
Well, at least now we know why Meredith couldn't find her panties that night.

;D

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Sep 23, 2006 at 06:20 PM »
I may be the only one (considering it drew a monster audience, finally beating CSI for no. 1 on a Thursday) but I was disappointed with the premiere. I heard it was not meant to be the one. Rumor has it that the network execs asked Shonda Rimes to write that episode to refresh the viewers' memories. The second episode was reportedly better.

Thoughts on the premiere:

As much as I look forward to seeing flashbacks a la Lost, almost all of them were unnecessary since they did not move the narrative any further.

Bailey was so out of character. Where are her balls? I guess Steve Harris (The Practice) did not want anything to do with the show (after that maudlin scene with Bailey) since his name was not even on the credits.

How was the teenage [sic] pregnancy concealed from the parents and the school?

Most of the dramatic scenes rang false. Rimes had set up a couple of interesting premises but failed in their execution. I hope this does not bode for a slump since it just brought down the might of the crime procedural drama. If this trend continues, the viewers it just attracted might start withering away. ABC has a history of failing to deliver in succeeding seasons of their recent hit shows: Lost and Desperate Housewives.

I'm tuning in for the next episode since I saw a glimmer of hope after a more emotionally resonant final scene. Cristina asking Burke not to die. Izzie finally getting up and saying she's ready. And, Snow Patrol looks like it'll have another hit in Running on Sunshine.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 23, 2006 at 08:42 PM »
Sir, where do you download Season 3 Episode 1? Wala pa po sa e-mule e. Please show links if available. Thanks.

Someone from YouTube has uploaded it: Grey's Anatomy, Season 3 Episode 1 Part 1
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2006 at 06:09 AM by Phobos »

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Sep 23, 2006 at 11:13 PM »
Someone from YouTube has uploaded it: Grey's Anatomy, Season 3 Episode 1 Part 1

Thanks a lot for the link. Parts 2-5 of Episode 1 has been uploaded as well so we can now watch the whole episode free on youtube. Better hurry before the ABC guys remove the link for copyright issues.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Sep 26, 2006 at 05:06 PM »

I'm tuning in for the next episode since I saw a glimmer of hope after a more emotionally resonant final scene. Cristina asking Burke not to die. Izzie finally getting up and saying she's ready. And, Snow Patrol looks like it'll have another hit in Running on Sunshine.
yes..its an episode so out of character with the rest......Lalo na si Doc Nazi...apologizing to the dead denny....and that emotional encounter with Steve Harris.....wow, Snow Patrol pala yun.....hesitant ako bumili kasi baka one hit album lang.....uhmm, they're that good....catchy song again... :)

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 09:01 AM »
From a doctor's point of view, I cannot relate to interns challenging their senior residents and even their attendings the way this group does. Maybe they're more bastos in the States, but speaking to your consultants that way would never happen in this country. You'd get fired on the spot.

There are a lot of inconsistencies if you watch this show from a doctor's perspective. (Ever wondered why a pediatric surgeon like Addie handles all the OB cases? Wala bang OB-Gyn do'n?). Just watch this for the great drama, musical score and funny moments.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 12:03 PM »
Ever wondered why a pediatric surgeon like Addie handles all the OB cases? Wala bang OB-Gyn do'n?

Is she a pediatric surgeon on the show? I always assumed she was an OB-GYN with a Perinatology subspec (like PCMC's Dra. Corazon Yabes-Almirante), since that would make a bit more sense.

I also noticed: they always say that Derek Shepherd is one of the best in his field, but if you watch the show, he seems to have an exceptionally high intra-operative mortality rate. And let's not forget his post op morbidities - like Preston's current tremor.

I wouldn't trust him if I had a brain tumor...  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2006 at 12:04 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 01:23 PM »
Is she a pediatric surgeon on the show? I always assumed she was an OB-GYN with a Perinatology subspec (like PCMC's Dra. Corazon Yabes-Almirante), since that would make a bit more sense.

Yeah, that makes more sense.  ;D

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Oct 14, 2006 at 08:54 AM »
Episode 4 of Season 3 is probably one of the best episodes I've seen. All the conflicts and drama plus lots of funny moments are there. Fit enough to rival the Episode 2 season ender in my opinion. I'll wait for you guys to watch it first before posting any spoilers.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 10:39 PM »
Episode 4 of Season 3 is probably one of the best episodes I've seen. All the conflicts and drama plus lots of funny moments are there. Fit enough to rival the Episode 2 season ender in my opinion. I'll wait for you guys to watch it first before posting any spoilers.
I have to agree.   One of the best really, if you thought something will be resolved, no way, complications in relationships arise, [spoilers]relations end and begin and vice versa, and one big check to one of the characters.....Izzie!! ;)[spoilers]

Offline RDyENT

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • What's up doc?
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Oct 15, 2006 at 10:45 PM »
Season 3's fourth episode is  Allan Heinberg's (former writer of the OC) first episode. Writing for Grey's Anatomy is taking lots of his time that's why the Wonder Woman comic book which is writing the first five isssues has been delayed for the longest time.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 06:44 AM »
George is gay.

From People.Com:

EXCLUSIVE: Grey's Anatomy star T.R. Knight Confirms He's Gay

Grey's Anatomy T.R. Knight is gay, he has confirmed exclusively to PEOPLE.

"I guess there have been a few questions about my sexuality, and I'd like to quiet any unnecessary rumors that may be out there," Knight tells PEOPLE in a statement. "While I prefer to keep my personal life private, I hope the fact that I'm gay isn't the most interesting part of me."

Knight, 33, plays the unassuming Dr. George O'Malley on the hit ABC drama. A Minneapolis native, he began his career in that city's famed Guthrie Theater.

He has also appeared on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2006 at 06:48 AM by Mr. Hankey »