Author Topic: Grey's Anatomy  (Read 26256 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Grey's Anatomy
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2006 at 05:50 AM »
Guess which doc makes a cameo in X-Men: The Last Stand?

McSteamy (Eric Dane) as Multiple Man!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 at 05:51 AM by Reuven Malter »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2006 at 02:08 PM »
Yup..my sis and I paused for a while thinking where we've seen him...and then both whispered... McSteamy!!!!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2006 at 10:50 PM »
I was too late. Video went pooooff!!!

This link might still work.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2006 at 12:12 AM »
ellen pompeo and isaiah washington were just interviewed by oprah (shes a fan too)...GA's a big hit in the US.  ;D

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Votre vie vraie est celle que vous avez.
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2006 at 10:11 PM »
This link might still work.

Thank you very much Sir!!! That was fun!!  McDreamy was especially dreamy in that video. Having shorter hair suits him.
;D ;D ;D

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2006 at 10:21 PM »
No prob, Garfield. My sis didn't see it too so I had to ask other Grey's fans if they still have a copy. Good thing Star World airs the previous episodes so we could cope with the withdrawal symptoms. The second season have really turned Izzie around. I used to love her character until Denny came along. I don't mind him as a character in the series but I don't like the effect he causes in Izzie. The actor who plays him, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, also plays Mary Louise Parker's dead husband in Weeds and the dad in Supernatural. He is more tolerable in these shows.  ;D

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 06:12 PM »

The reruns on Star World plus the "you know whats" from the net help me get my O'Malley/Mc Dreamy fix for the day. That plus my Elliott videos...completo na!  ;D  I also like the actor playing Denny and the  character but then I think what happened to Izzie is actually her own undoing. I still can't figure out if she really loves Denny or she just feels and act that way because she desperately wants to be loved and be loved by a good man. Denny just can't say No to Izzie. Too bad...
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2006 at 07:52 PM by Phobos »

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 06:53 PM »
i'm on my episode 3 of season 2! i could say that season 2 is very much engaging! season 1 was more like an introduction to the characters.  twas good! but season 2 is better! the storyline is tighter and the script is wittier! and my oh my! episode 3 is heart-wrenching!  it's starting to feel like "e.r." now -- attached and emotional without being cheesy.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 07:44 PM »
those are just warm-up episodes..hehe,  wait till you see the three hour season finale.... ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2006 at 07:51 PM by Phobos »

Offline garfield_3199

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jun 11, 2006 at 11:07 AM »
OT : I watched Outbreak last night aired at HBO or Star movies..can't remember the channel. Saw this probably 3 times and this is the first time that i noticed. A very young Dr. Mcdreamy played Jimbo Scott, the pier guy who smuggled the monkey out of the docks and tried to sell it to a pet store.  ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jun 11, 2006 at 12:32 PM »
my wife freaked out when she saw Patrick Dempsey, in a late 80's high school flick, Can't Buy Me Love.....oh dang...Mc Dreamy used to be a nerd, she said!!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2006 at 04:25 PM by Phobos »

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 251
« Reply #71 on: Jun 13, 2006 at 08:35 AM »
OT : I watched Outbreak last night aired at HBO or Star movies..can't remember the channel. Saw this probably 3 times and this is the first time that i noticed. A very young Dr. Mcdreamy played Jimbo Scott, the pier guy who smuggled the monkey out of the docks and tried to sell it to a pet store.  ;D

Its OUTBREAK

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jun 18, 2006 at 08:02 AM »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #73 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 11:11 AM »
my wife freaked out when she saw Patrick Dempsey, in a late 80's high school flick, Can't Buy Me Love.....oh dang...Mc Dreamy used to be a nerd, she said!!  ;D ;D

LOL, and he used to be gay as well  ;) --Patrick Dempsey played Will's boyfriend in a lot of "Will & Grace" episodes (forgot which season).  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2006 at 11:12 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #74 on: Jun 19, 2006 at 11:23 AM »
Izzie is engaged!  :'(

lucky bastard!  :) :)

LOL, and he used to be gay as well ;) --Patrick Dempsey played Will's boyfriend in a lot of "Will & Grace" episodes (forgot which season). ;D

Was he the one who wouldn't come out of the closet yet? Kaya at the start secret yung relationship nila ni Will?
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2006 at 11:25 AM by jeckjeck »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 01:14 AM »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 10:47 PM »
Was able to catch Ellen Pompeo and Isaiah Washington on Oprah last Sunday. Only saw the segment with Dr. Burke. He initially auditioned for the part of McDreamy. Meredith was happy he didn't get the part. Turns out she has a black boyfriend.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 05:42 AM »
Turns out she has a black boyfriend.

Who looks like Reggie Miller (NBA 3point shooter). Look for the Punk'd episode with Ellen and bf on youtube. :)

Offline kenjase

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jul 07, 2006 at 07:06 AM »
Hello.

I don't have cable at home, so it wasn't till last night, at studio23, that I saw the pilot episode of Grey's Anatomy.

I thought it was quite good.  And I can't remember the last time I've seen such chemistry on tv as that of Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo. 

I'm not reading the earlier posts in this thread for fear of spoilers on the 1st and 2nd season.

For those who've followed the series, are the succeeding episodes good?  One review described the show as "House" with the hormones of "Dawson's Creek."

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Jul 07, 2006 at 07:20 AM »
Its really good kenjase.  The season 2 finales aired last month, and its now a huge success in the US (I think second sa DH sa ratings).  and its a 3 hr season finale pa.  3rd season will be on august/september.  Baka mabitin ka sa once a week fix.  You can download the episodes if you want.  Thats what I did.

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jul 14, 2006 at 04:38 PM »
Finally got around to watching the first two seasons and I am officially smitten by this show. Ironically, Meredith Grey is the character I like the least, and that attachment with the dog is something I don't buy.

Still, I'm eagerly awaiting the third season.

Also, I am gay. Gay for Izzie.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2006 at 04:50 PM by Phobos »

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jul 25, 2006 at 11:41 PM »
Hello.

I don't have cable at home, so it wasn't till last night, at studio23, that I saw the pilot episode of Grey's Anatomy.

I thought it was quite good.  And I can't remember the last time I've seen such chemistry on tv as that of Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo. 

I'm not reading the earlier posts in this thread for fear of spoilers on the 1st and 2nd season.

For those who've followed the series, are the succeeding episodes good?  One review described the show as "House" with the hormones of "Dawson's Creek."

Yes, the series is good!  Watch the first season for the characters' introduction.  On season two, you'll truly get hooked from the 1st ep to the 27th!  Each episode has something to offer!  If you watch it on DVD, you can't stop till you reach the end!
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #82 on: Jul 28, 2006 at 10:35 AM »
Just started watching this series and man I am too hooked.  A cool drama about surgery residency training.  Enjoyed watching this specially with me also in the medical field who underwent the same experiences...I can relate .  Patrick Dempsey was lost from showbiz for sometime after being a teenage hearthrob with movies like Can't Buy Me Love and Coupe de Ville.  Now he's a brain surgeon in this series linked to that oh so smart and lovely Meredith.  Izzy is a real fox without a sex life though.  I just dunno if this would be appealing with the general viewing public because of the medical jargon.  Guess if ER was a hit then maybe this one would be appealing for everyone.   ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jul 28, 2006 at 10:38 AM »
I just dunno if surgical interns perform 2D Echos to their patient which is practically the job of a cardiologist....  In the hospitals I've been, they don't :P
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2006 at 09:44 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 05:17 AM »
At first, Meredith's lisp/hoarse voice was kinda cute and sexy but later on it was beginning to be irritating. I like her eyes though specially when wearing a surgical mask.  ;D  Episode 12 of Season 1 was really cool!  Had me looked at Meredith very highly.  Alex's and Izzie's scene was a great twist although too soon.  Maybe it's the thought of danger that heightens our libidos... :o
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2006 at 10:05 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 07:56 AM »
Huh? I thought season 1 only got up to 9 episodes. What happened in Episode 12 of Season 1?

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 08:15 AM »
my wife and i are also hooked on this. every night in bed, just b4 sleeping we watch (in my notebook ) 1 or 2 episodes of the whole series that my officemate downloaded (3 dvdr's). laging puyat tuloy kahit may pasok kinabukasan.  i think nasa ep18 na yata kami, more to go. pag may term kaming 'di naiintindihan, pause then google the term :).

...izzie was the young daugther of Gérard Depardieu in the film My Father the Hero

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 09:19 AM »
At first, Meredith's lisp/hoarse voice was kinda cute and sexy but later on it was beginning to be irritating. I like her eyes though specially when wearing a surgical mask.  ;D  Episode 12 of Season 1 was really cool!  Had me looked at Meredith very highly.  Alex's and Izzie's scene was a great twist although too soon.  Maybe it's the thought of danger that heightens our libidos... :o

you mean episode 3 of season 2? where all characters undergone emotional crisis?
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 09:33 AM »
heres a good website of Grey's anatomy....

Grey's Anatomy Online

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jul 29, 2006 at 09:40 AM »
you mean episode 3 of season 2? where all characters undergone emotional crisis?

This is where Grey's Anatomy becomes confusing.

FYI, the original Season 1 ended on Episode 9 but it got picked up early.  At the start of Season 2, the first 4 episodes are actually Episodes 10-13 of Season 1 (as you know most "pilot" usually last 13 episodes or half a season), then they continued with the real Season 2 Episode 1 all the way up to Episode 23.

Numerology gets jumbled up.  In real time, Season 2 Episode 1 is Season 1 Episode 10.  In their numbering Season 2 Episode 1 aired as the fourth episode in season 2  ???.  You can see this at TV.com - they have a column in their chart showing the internal numbers.

That's why we get this question of ynreh in almost all places.    :D   I downloaded this  through torrents, and I must have download some episodes 4 or 5 times to get the correct episode to complete the collection.

nerveblocker

it gets better ;D