Author Topic: Turntable Part 2  (Read 231359 times)

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Turntable Part 2
« Reply #90 on: Jun 22, 2003 at 09:35 AM »
Hello lazeeboy72,

You can try bringing your turntable to Hyperaudio.

Did you say New Wave?  You wana sell 'em?  ;)

Offline lazeeb0y

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • i'm invisible...
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jun 23, 2003 at 12:58 AM »
Hello lazeeboy72,

You can try bringing your turntable to Hyperaudio.

Did you say New Wave?  You wana sell 'em?  ;)

thanks for the tip. i'll try to get in touch with him one of these days. :)

i don't think i can sell my vinyls. although i have a lot of those songs already on cd, they kinda have a sentimental value for me.  used to be part of an obscure mobile during my boyish days(pun intended).   ;D

wow, i didn't even know you were into new wave too.
A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Offline denver

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jun 24, 2003 at 12:39 PM »
My budget is between 5 - 10t!  I saw a site from the internet that offers Sony turntable, is it available here locally?  Where is this Hyperaudio?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jun 24, 2003 at 10:54 PM »
His name is Rene Rivo and his shop is in Makati at the back of Cash and Carry, Matanza street. He sells audio and video equipments. Just give him a call or you can send him a PM.

Offline tatalope

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 05:00 PM »
guys mgkano ba price range ng used thorens at oracle?

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 05:32 PM »
Used Thorens runs from P7.5T up to P20T, depending on condition, model, tonearm installed etc.

Offline tatalope

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 09:48 AM »
Used Thorens runs from P7.5T up to P20T, depending on condition, model, tonearm installed etc.

i thought it was a hi-end TT...is rek-o-cat (not sure of the spelling) a hi-end brand? do you have any list of hi-end TT's that are available here? i don't ave plans of buying i'm just researching more about TT's para dagdag kaalaman lng .. :D

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 05:38 PM »
Thorens does have its share of hi-end models.  The price range I gave are the ones locally available and 2nd-hand.  These are the TD 160, 165, 166 and earlier models.  These are very good entry-level belt-driven models.  :D

As to brand new hi-end brands available here, a friend of ours is the exclusive Philippine distributor of Clearaudio (Germany) and VPI (US) turntables and analog stuff.  :D

Offline taz75

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jul 31, 2003 at 02:39 PM »
Hi!  anybody knows where I could purchase stylus for Sansui P2000?  

:) :) :)

Offline positive_noise

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • The Science of ~~AUDIO~~
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jul 31, 2003 at 04:39 PM »
Hi Bro,

In Audiophile they are still selling stylus there! But not sure for Sansui?! If in case Sansui is not available just replace it with another catridge & stylus set!

Orthofon is a good brand in stylus technology!  ;)

positive_noise.  ;D

Offline taz75

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jul 31, 2003 at 05:35 PM »
Hi Bro,

In Audiophile they are still selling stylus there! But not sure for Sansui?! If in case Sansui is not available just replace it with another catridge & stylus set!

Orthofon is a good brand in stylus technology!  ;)

positive_noise.  ;D

thanks.   :)

but my TT is just the ordinary one. I don't think its possible.  :)

Offline Vrion

• Collector
  • Make a Life
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 10:53 AM »
Makiki post na rin.  My father left me several LP collections which are on stock for years since his national FET stero broke down and no one in our place in Laguna knows how to fixed it.

A month ago while looking for some PC stuff at HMR I saw a JVC turn table which is tagged less than 1K   :o.  So out of curiosity how an LP sounds like, I bought the TT and hooked it in my HT receiver.  And great! my father's Polka na Dream Dancing LPs are working again, misty eyed pa mother ko while listening hehe.

I know it's "tunog lata" for the analogue gurus here but I enjoyed it.   Cant describe the sound technically but I found it "mas buhay".  So it seems I'll be shifting a bit going to this analogue hobby. I'll be looking for an entry level tube amp, a better TT and probably a CD player.

To those who just want to try it, you might want to check out HMR.  Ingat lang baka ma hook kayo sa 2-channel gaya ko and most of the guys here...  ;D

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 05:07 PM »
"mas buhay"  :D

That's it!  :D

That's the magic of an analog front-end.

Offline fakelondongenius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 02:22 AM »
hello to all analogue junkies!

bago lang ako sa forum and i'm glad meron palang mga turntable friends dito :)

bilang palang mga plaka ko. i collect old electronic recordings, mga Switched on Bacharach, YMO, etc...

saan nga pala makakahanap ng mga belts dito sa manila? isa para sa BSR 20BP (15.2") tsaka Pioneer PL512 (25")?

Enjoy the Popcorn!

Offline hyperaudio

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Sep 24, 2003 at 11:00 AM »
RAON (gonzalo puyat), downtown manila is still your best bet on finding those turntable belts. good luck!

Offline fakelondongenius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Sep 25, 2003 at 01:25 AM »
thank you Hyperaudio! :D

punta na ako bukas

Offline hyperaudio

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 25, 2003 at 10:15 AM »
don't forget to bring the worn-out belts (as sample). this will make it easy communicating with the store attendants there. glad to be of help!

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Dec 23, 2003 at 02:07 PM »
So, anybody going to try out analog in 2004?  ::)

Next year will be a good year to go to analog because its the year of the monkey.......

Para atang walang connection yun ah.  ::) ;D

Anyway, ANALOG rules!  :D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #108 on: Dec 23, 2003 at 02:20 PM »
So, anybody going to try out analog in 2004?  ::)

Next year will be a good year to go to analog because its the year of the monkey.......

Para atang walang connection yun ah.  ::) ;D

Anyway, ANALOG rules!  :D

msm, very much connected yan, hahaha!

i hope there's going to be an LP of spaghetti song and ocho-ocho, hehehe! 8)

Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
I'm a believer!!!!
« Reply #109 on: Dec 27, 2003 at 08:32 AM »
i was fortunate enough to be at Vintage Dog's house last night while he auditioned a pair of speakers...

sound was ok while we were listening to his Consonance CD player and the prototype of the 300b amp - but when he switched sources and played his turn table... MAN!!!! now that is good  :o

no wonder turn table guys keep on saying that analog is better...

partida daw - di pa yung high end na turn table ang gamit nya (which is really relative, low end to Sir VD is high end to me  :D )

money is best spent

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re:I'm a believer!!!!
« Reply #110 on: Dec 27, 2003 at 08:53 AM »
i was fortunate enough to be at Vintage Dog's house last night while he auditioned a pair of speakers...

sound was ok while we were listening to his Consonance CD player and the prototype of the 300b amp - but when he switched sources and played his turn table... MAN!!!! now that is good  :o

no wonder turn table guys keep on saying that analog is better...

partida daw - di pa yung high end na turn table ang gamit nya (which is really relative, low end to Sir VD is high end to me  :D )

AMEN to that, pare!...if it's from V_D, it must be good (parang seiko films, hehehe!) 8)

Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline degro01

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 09:07 AM »
Hi Gurus!

Can I get a decent Turntable with only a 10K budget?  I'm planning to plug it in to my Marantz SR6300 which does not have a phono input.  That means I still have to buy a phonostage for it which I don't know how much.  If it turns out to be good, I might venture into tube amp and separate set of speakers.  

Sino bang magandang store na mageentertain sa tulad kong di pa masyadong marunong kumilatis ng magandang turntable.  Just like the others, I just want to play our old LP records.

Thanks!

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 05:36 PM »
Hi Gurus!

Can I get a decent Turntable with only a 10K budget?  I'm planning to plug it in to my Marantz SR6300 which does not have a phono input.  That means I still have to buy a phonostage for it which I don't know how much.  If it turns out to be good, I might venture into tube amp and separate set of speakers.  

Sino bang magandang store na mageentertain sa tulad kong di pa masyadong marunong kumilatis ng magandang turntable.  Just like the others, I just want to play our old LP records.

Thanks!

Try visiting Hyperaudio.  He has affordable and expensive tables that you may like.  :)

Offline degro01

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 05:32 PM »
Thanks!

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jan 13, 2004 at 12:19 AM »
I recently compared the ff:
SACD/CD hybrid: EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE: The Classics
                            VS
VINYL: SYNCHRONICITY

I used the CD tracks of the disc since I don't have an SACD player yet. And used two tracks: KING OF PAIN AND WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER.

It was another eye opener.  :oThe vinyl was immediately clearer, cleaner and more palpable compared to the CD. Sting's voice was haunting in WRAPPED AROUND YOUR FINGER and the instruments was very well focused. I can't wait to compare it to the SACD version. If you got the goods try this at home...ITS REALLY EDUCATING!
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jan 13, 2004 at 01:20 AM »
We've got a Goldstar(LG) component, tape, fm/am, eq, and Turntable in the living room...  and will revive it soon.  (Had to move it aside for the new RPTV).

Anyway, my father has a whole footlocker chest full of LP's stored.   Yep, he has a footlocker, iron clad one, on the foot of the master bedroom bed... talk about traditional.

Anyway, again...puro classical...and broadway... bought all the way from the 60's US.  Our only contribution in the modern era was the Michael Jackson Dangerous LP...  but I do love his Reader's Digest LP collections.

I was ordered to revive it anyway, by him.  Since he want to listen to DZRH again in the mornings... ngek.  Pero ngayon in 5.1... hmm...
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline losi_phile

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jan 14, 2004 at 11:53 PM »
Just got hold of Technics SL-6 - Direct Drive and Programmable Turntable (out of a trade) which is a good turntable for newbies like me.  I'm using Sansui Alpha-607 Integrated Amp (1986 model) to listen to this turntable.

Where can I buy stylus brush and vinyl brush?  Is it safe to spray the stylus with contact cleaner?  Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2004 at 12:14 AM by losi_phile »

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jan 15, 2004 at 08:44 AM »
Just got hold of Technics SL-6 - Direct Drive and Programmable Turntable (out of a trade) which is a good turntable for newbies like me.  I'm using Sansui Alpha-607 Integrated Amp (1986 model) to listen to this turntable.

Where can I buy stylus brush and vinyl brush?  Is it safe to spray the stylus with contact cleaner?  Thanks for the help.

Contact Hyperaudio. He has some of 'em brushes and cleaners.  :)  Don't spray your stylus with contact cleaner. :(

Offline losi_phile

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jan 15, 2004 at 08:51 AM »
MSM,

Thanks a lot.

losi_phile

Offline mixx

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jan 18, 2004 at 04:50 AM »
ive got a pair of technics sl1200 (yung gamit ng mga djs)
and they're about 10yrs old using a shure stylus ive got some records also composed of mostly 80s and 90s ang gamit ko na preamp/mixer is numark 1775

iba talaga ang tunog ng analog buhay na buhay. mas mainit siya pag dating sa lower freq.