Author Topic: Turntable Part 2  (Read 229601 times)

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Turntable Part 2
« Reply #420 on: Sep 07, 2005 at 09:03 AM »
as far as i know PL 630's tonearm is standard S-shape, which means you can install on it any headshell brand.
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline rustyns

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 02:56 PM »
Hello,

I've never had a turntable. Magtatanong sana ako kung merong may experience using pioneer pl-512.  Meron kasi akong nakitang murang mura. Mukhang kumpleto except for the belt and it seems to be working. Any comments on this model?

Offline Lord Foo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #422 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 10:27 AM »
My Pioneer pl630 still has no shell and stylus...Still using the Dual 505.2. On my brother's advice I have connected a Harman Kardon Citation Eleven Pre amplifier to the Sansui AUD707Gextra and bypassed the Sansui preamp to make use of the Harman Kardon's phone circuit.

The Dual definitely played better specially the Mid and Highs.

A cousin plunked a Sony PS 333 turntable (nagano Turntable it says) and a Marantz TT2200.
The Sony has no needle and the arm is broken.

However the marantz played sweetly when I plugged it in. Can anyone give info on the Marantz TT2200? I understand from an AK discussion I read a while back that the best Marantz TTs are the 6000+ series.

UPdated with pics

PL630

PL516

The Dual 505.2. (apologies for the alikabok)

regards,
Foo
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2005 at 10:40 AM by Lord Foo »

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #423 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 01:02 PM »
Hello,

I've never had a turntable. Magtatanong sana ako kung merong may experience using pioneer pl-512.  Meron kasi akong nakitang murang mura. Mukhang kumpleto except for the belt and it seems to be working. Any comments on this model?

sir, san nyo po nakita? thanks.. :D
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 03:23 PM »
sir, san nyo po nakita? thanks.. :D

Actually, dala ng pinsan ko galing probinsiya yung marantz tt2200. But sabi sa AudioKarma. plastic crap daw ung 2200..  Ang maganda daw sa marantz ung 6000+ series.

Ung Pioneer pl630 nabili ko po "as is" from a thrift shop at aurora blvd cubao, Q.C. Near EDSA na un. on the right side if you are going to katipunan from EDSA. May mga turntables sila. I even saw a garrard na gumagana pero nakakabit sa console ba tawag dun? ung may AM/FM. Medyo mahal lang tinda dito kaya ung mga As IS lang ang binibili ko sa kanila.

You can try din ung Evanglista thrift shops sa pasay. May tinawaran ako na Pioneer Pl 514 doon last weekend for 700 php. Pumayag pero di ko kinuha kasi walang rubber belt and walang shell nor needle. But when plugged in the motor was running. and passable naman ung cosmetic condition niya.

Offline shuttertrigger

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Sep 14, 2005 at 03:29 PM »
Actually, dala ng pinsan ko galing probinsiya yung marantz tt2200. But sabi sa AudioKarma. plastic crap daw ung 2200..  Ang maganda daw sa marantz ung 6000+ series.

Ung Pioneer pl630 nabili ko po "as is" from a thrift shop at aurora blvd cubao, Q.C. Near EDSA na un. on the right side if you are going to katipunan from EDSA. May mga turntables sila. I even saw a garrard na gumagana pero nakakabit sa console ba tawag dun? ung may AM/FM. Medyo mahal lang tinda dito kaya ung mga As IS lang ang binibili ko sa kanila.

You can try din ung Evanglista thrift shops sa pasay. May tinawaran ako na Pioneer Pl 514 doon last weekend for 700 php. Pumayag pero di ko kinuha kasi walang rubber belt and walang shell nor needle. But when plugged in the motor was running. and passable naman ung cosmetic condition niya.

ah ok ...hope that you post more about those cheap TT..im into hunt kasi..medyo budget concious as of now..thanks sir.. ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline Jairus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Sep 30, 2005 at 03:12 PM »

Bro..san ba banda sa Evangelista yan? Any landmarks? Thanks!
B&W603 S3
Yaqin MC100B; Sony 337ESD; TRIO KP700 TT; MF VLPS

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Oct 01, 2005 at 09:30 AM »
Bro..san ba banda sa Evangelista yan? Any landmarks? Thanks!

Jairrus,

I don't know the store name nor the exact street name. Nag iikot kasi ako sa area looking for LP records.

Kung nasa Evangelista ka, galing sa EDSA, you have to turn right on one of the streets in the thrift shop areas. Tabi tabi naman ung mga stores dun eh. After turning right from evangelista, the store is in one of the stores on the right. Inside the store you will immediately see the turntable.

If I have the chance to go there again, i will check out the unit and post a message.

Offline Jairus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Oct 07, 2005 at 09:20 AM »
Thanks bro..will try to pass by there sometime :)
B&W603 S3

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Oct 07, 2005 at 10:27 AM »

During my LP days, the DUAL is looked up among audiophiles.  Like Garrard and Thorens.  It stands above most commercial turntables.  I read that's because the brand is a specialty brand that concentrates its R&D and production on turntables only in the 70s and 80s.

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Oct 08, 2005 at 12:37 AM »
Alang binatbat ung dual 505.2 ko sa pioneer pl630.

Offline Jairus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 11:30 AM »
Went to the Evangelista thrift shops last Saturday to scout for a turntable.  Saw a Technics SLBD30 and an SL1500 (didn't have the chance to test them though; are these models any good?).  Was tempted to buy on-the-spot a fully-functioning SL1200 mkII (except for a busted light? and stains in the chassis), however I dont know if the price is reasonable and I'm clueless on the things to consider in buying a used unit.  Although we tested it on some LPs and it sounded great, the guy there even tilted it 45 degrees and it didn't skip a beat :o

Any advise/comments? How much ba is the going rate for an SL1200 MK II?
B&W603 S3

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 04:54 PM »
how much were they selling the 1200mk2?

which light was busted? the strobe or the pop up cue light?
money is best spent

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 05:13 PM »
if it's the strobe, i think the new replacement will cost you around php2.5k! ;)

Offline Jairus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 08:47 AM »
It's the pop-up cue light which is busted. How much and saan ba nagpapa repair nito?
B&W603 S3

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 10:28 AM »
there is this guy from malabon, name robert ( i forgot his address) who is specialized on technics turntable. he can also provide you all the parts (new) that needs replacement for your SL1200! :)

It's the pop-up cue light which is busted. How much and saan ba nagpapa repair nito?

Offline Jairus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Oct 12, 2005 at 09:12 AM »
there is this guy from malabon, name robert ( i forgot his address) who is specialized on technics turntable. he can also provide you all the parts (new) that needs replacement for your SL1200! :)

Thanks! I hope you can PM me how I can contact him.  :)
B&W603 S3

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Oct 12, 2005 at 11:54 AM »
Sir,

The last issue's "buy and sell" prices for turntables are:

GARARD TURNTABLE  5,000  (neg) antique, mint cond. (0917) 8043532. 
TECHNICS TURNTABLE  8,000  SL210, pair, w/ mixer. (0927) 5229223. 
TEchNIcS TURNTABLE  4,000  SL-Q2. 931-3906. 
TECHNICS TURNTABLE  12,000  Sl1200 MK2, direct drive. 412-7342. 

I think i saw that unit at evangelista, that's where i also saw the Pioneer 512 na tinawaran ko ng 700 Php at pumayag pero di ko binili.

Foo

Offline Jairus

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Oct 12, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
Lordfoo..Sent you PM  :)
B&W603 S3

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 05:44 AM »
My new toy...Numark TT1650 Professional Turntable

peace!!!!

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 05:52 AM »

Technics SLDZ1200 Digital CD Turntable

Eto sana gusto ko..kaso..... $900  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

peace!!!!

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 10:44 AM »
My Pioneer pl630 still has no shell and stylus...Still using the Dual 505.2. On my brother's advice I have connected a Harman Kardon Citation Eleven Pre amplifier to the Sansui AUD707Gextra and bypassed the Sansui preamp to make use of the Harman Kardon's phone circuit.

A cousin plunked a Sony PS 333 turntable (nagano Turntable it says) and a Marantz TT2200.
The Sony has no needle and the arm is broken.

However the marantz played sweetly when I plugged it in. Can anyone give info on the Marantz TT2200? I understand from an AK discussion I read a while back that the best Marantz TTs are the 6000+ series.

UPdated with pics

PL630

PL516

The Dual 505.2. (apologies for the alikabok)

regards,
Foo

I found a PL516 with a pioneer shell. But still no needle. The shell fits the PL630's arm.

Offline shuttertrigger

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 11:13 AM »
any member here knows where to buy goldring stylus? thanks in advance.. ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline bono

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #443 on: Oct 25, 2005 at 09:08 PM »
 Hi! I found an old pioneer pl514 turntable at our basement . I test the unit and the motor still running. so, i brought it to my friend house who is a diy fanatic and he told me we have to change those wire for tonearm the thin red,white,green & blue. pls. help us where we can buy those wire for tonearm. thanks in advance mga idol.

Offline C.O.2

• Apprentice
  • i love smooth jazz
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 11:53 AM »
 ??? Hi guys! just tested a second hand sansui tt which i bought from the othe buy and sell. My problem is that the needle kept on sliding when it touched the surface of the record. Can you guys please tell me to solve my problem  :'(. Atat na po ako makinig ng vinyl. Thanks!

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 12:45 PM »
simply adjust the anti-skating knob near the tonearm post. if it still fails, the anti-skating mechanism is already defective - needs mechanical repair inside.

Offline shuttertrigger

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 01:04 PM »
??? Hi guys! just tested a second hand sansui tt which i bought from the othe buy and sell. My problem is that the needle kept on sliding when it touched the surface of the record. Can you guys please tell me to solve my problem  :'(. Atat na po ako makinig ng vinyl. Thanks!

bro, this is also my problem before.. pero na-solve ko agad by adjusting the stylus force to 1 kung meron ganong adjustment yung TT mo, check mo rin.. yung akin kasi pag less than 1 bumabalik balik yung needle..
Otherwise, sabi nga ni sir sandawa, baka may ibang problema..thanks  ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline bono

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #447 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 01:09 PM »
Hi! I found an old pioneer pl514 turntable at our basement . I test the unit and the motor still running. so, i brought it to my friend house who is a diy fanatic and he told me we have to change those wire for tonearm the thin red,white,green & blue. pls. help us where we can buy those wire for tonearm. thanks in advance mga idol.

Sir Sandawa,

Pls. help me regarding my problem of where i can find those wire. thanks in advance!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 01:44 PM »
Sir Sandawa,

Pls. help me regarding my problem of where i can find those wire. thanks in advance!

Bro try mo si Ihatejazz ( clearaudio ) sa wiredstate baka meron sya for sale na wire good for your toearm.

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Nov 02, 2005 at 02:50 PM »
Sir Sandawa,

tama si Hans, matagal na akong wala sa Maynila kaya hindi na ako updated sa sources ng TT accessories dyan. kung barat ka tulad ko, first destination would be Raon - kailangan makulit ka, sa matatanda ka magtatanong - yung mga bata dyan ibang TT ang alam ;D. second destination, junk shops sa Bangkal, yung iba  may tinatago pang unusable headshells na may nakakabit pang wires. tawaran mo ng P100 ibibigay sa 'yo isang set na. pag wala, no choice, buy new from the hifi shops. price could range from as low as P500 (old price for one set of Audio Technica silver) to as high as several Gs.