Author Topic: Mission speakers  (Read 306075 times)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Mission speakers
« Reply #60 on: Aug 23, 2002 at 12:59 AM »
Bringing this up for new members. Thanks

Offline Skabyol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Aug 26, 2002 at 07:29 PM »
Tanong ko na din dito..
Anong mas magandang surround speakers?
M70 or M7ds? kung pareho lang an  presyo..alin ang mas maganda piliin?

Offline Jick

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Aug 26, 2002 at 08:17 PM »
Tanong ko na din dito..
Anong mas magandang surround speakers?
M70 or M7ds? kung pareho lang an  presyo..alin ang mas maganda piliin?

I think the M7ds are dipole speakers, while the m70 is direct radiating.  I suggest you go to ecoustics.com and then go to home theater and also to speakers.  Then select articles, you will find a lot of useful information, also comparing dipole and direct radiating.  Both have thier pros and cons.  Hope this helps.

Jovi
2 Channel Setup Only:
KEF LS50
REL T-9 Sub
Oppo 103D
NAD C340 Preouts
Emotiva XPA-200

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 27, 2002 at 01:39 PM »
Hi Jick,
Thanks for the info...
from what i've read in other threads..dipoles surround spkrs are suppose to be good for movies sound effects..while direct radiating surround spkrs are better when listening to SACD and Audio DVD.

meron ka palang NAD C340. Oks ba? Meron kasing in-auction na C340 dito? First time ko lang kasi ma consider na bumili ng stereo amp...Papano bang sabay makakabit ang AV receiver at stereo amp sa isang speaker?

salamat ulit,
Skabyol

Offline Jick

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 27, 2002 at 08:35 PM »
Hi Jick,
Thanks for the info...
from what i've read in other threads..dipoles surround spkrs are suppose to be good for movies sound effects..while direct radiating surround spkrs are better when listening to SACD and Audio DVD.

meron ka palang NAD C340. Oks ba? Meron kasing in-auction na C340 dito? First time ko lang kasi ma consider na bumili ng stereo amp...Papano bang sabay makakabit ang AV receiver at stereo amp sa isang speaker?

salamat ulit,
Skabyol

I haven't set up my system yet, it will have to wait until October.  The NAD C340 beats the Yamaha RXV430 hands down for two channel music.  If you look at the buynsell portion, I put up the C340 for sale but changed my mind when I heard the dramatic differences in musical presentation.

When I setup, my plan is connect the digital out of the DVD player to my reciever for 5.1 music.

Then I will connect the analogue outs of the DVD player to the NAD C340, and use a different pair of speakers for that. This will be for two-channel.  An upgrade down the line would probably be a DAC for my DVD player.  So I'll just have one source driving HT and Audio.  Well, that's my plan.

Where did you see the C340 for auction?

Jovi

2 Channel Setup Only:
KEF LS50
REL T-9 Sub
Oppo 103D
NAD C340 Preouts
Emotiva XPA-200

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 28, 2002 at 12:52 AM »
Jick,

check mo dito...
http://www.red-dots.com/index_e.php
then do a search for NAD C340. Latest bid is HK$653. Yung auction site na yan dito sa hk.

Siguro...bibilhin ko muna yung speakers ko...bago ako mag isip ng stereo amp...mukhang okay naman sa music yung marantz receiver ko.

Malamang na mabili ko yung M73,M70 at M7c1. Though sabi mo nga mas maganda yung B&W303. Naka sale kasi yung mission speakers isang set.

Skabyol

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Need help
« Reply #66 on: Sep 03, 2002 at 09:51 AM »
just wondering if any of the mission experts can help me out. am using a pair of small mission bookshelfs for surround. they're old but sound fine, and got them for cheap. only problem is, i don't know the model number, and it's not written on the speakers. searched audioreview and the mission site, but the models may be too old and aren't listed anymore. any ideas?

Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #67 on: Sep 03, 2002 at 03:31 PM »

skabyol, this is also what I've read. To be more specific, dipoles are better for producing diffuse sound, for ambient surrounding you. Direct radiating surrounds are better for multi-channel music because you can better pinpoint where the sound is coming from.

In my case, I chose the m7ds since I use them more for movies than multi-channel music (I prefer stereo only for music).

At any rate, the m7ds are around P4-5K more expensive (because of the dual speakers and the technology) than the m70, which can be a major consideration if budget is very important.

Cheers
GAOL

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Sep 03, 2002 at 06:50 PM »

Offline Jick

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Sep 03, 2002 at 09:53 PM »
Just to let everyone know, Mission has replaced their M71 with the new M71i.  It looks virtually identical to the original but it has been tweaked.  A glowing review was in the October WhatHiFi.

Jovi
2 Channel Setup Only:
KEF LS50
REL T-9 Sub
Oppo 103D
NAD C340 Preouts
Emotiva XPA-200

Offline dazed

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Sep 04, 2002 at 10:43 AM »
hey dazed_in_hk,

eureka!

http://www.adelcom.net/Denon-Home-PersonalComponent%20Systems.htm

hi notaku! sakto! mission 731i pala, predecessor of the current m71 (or m71i na)... thanks!
close enough?  ???
Audio: Cayin MT-45 mkii|B&W 602s2|Gramovox TT
HT: Denon X4200W|B&W 683s2, HTM Matrix, 601s2, GE 525

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #71 on: Sep 05, 2002 at 07:41 AM »
I'm using Yamaha RXV800 receiver to drive the Mission M7C2 center, M74 front and M72 rear, and to complement this set-up in movies, i matched it with Yamaha SW160 sub.  I used IXOS 6006 Gamma Geometry speaker wire and IXOS 104 for all the analog interconnects and TEAC optical cable.  I also use Musical Fidelity X10-D and X-Link, hooked on Pioneer DV515.

The result of this set-up is somewhat a great match to begin with.  The midband strength the Mission is very well known for is greatly complimented by the clarity and huge solid power output of the Yamaha  Top-Art series.  I am thinking of disposing the sub though it is still quite new because of the deep bass  i am very much contented with the M74.  M7C2 is so far the best center i ever heard in its price and class.  It has the clarity that the M7C1 lacked in the past; it has huge  and wide sound; powerful and solid.  M72 as a rear is alright with me instead of going dipole because i go for musical dvds, dvd-audio and dts cd.  I find dipole great for movies because of its diffuse effects but i find the M72 more suitable to music.

Some says that Mission is a bright-sounding gear, but I believe it depends on the speaker wire you use and the room accoustic character.

So, for those who wanted to pair Mission M70 series with Yamaha, don't be afraid, it's a perfect match of clarity and pristine power!

Good luck!
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline hyperaudio

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Sep 05, 2002 at 08:18 AM »
missions are really right on the money. with the right cables they can make sweet music with either the onkyo, yamaha, denon, h/k and even with the expensive rotel. my favorite in that series is still the m72; sweet & extended highs, luscious midrange and unbelievable bass for the price.

Offline notaku

• Collector
  • No Life King
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Sep 05, 2002 at 11:42 PM »
missions are really right on the money. with the right cables they can make sweet music

Master  :o -I mean, Hyperaudio, what does Your Tubeness mean by the "right cables"?

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Sep 06, 2002 at 01:56 PM »
Sir Hyperaudio,
Sent you a PM.

Skabyol

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #75 on: Sep 06, 2002 at 02:41 PM »
hyperaudio is very right.  the things that most people overlooked in the AV set-up are the ones that are with extreme importance, the speaker wire and interconnect cables.  you may have the most expensive gear in the world but with the kind of wire/cable you use may not come out a finest sounding equipment.
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Sep 06, 2002 at 05:58 PM »
Im planning to get a SUB next month for my set up, budget would be P15k below.  Any suggestion as what Sub to partner an M70 set of speakers?  Set up is:M73 front; M7C1 center & M70 rear!

thanks!
Silhouette

Offline Titanium

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • "There is always a better way"
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Sep 07, 2002 at 08:05 AM »
Hey guys, I just got the m72 from hyperaudio yesterday as an upgrade to my 4 months old yamaha np320, haaay!. Im now looking for m7c2 center speaker to match it, where can I buy this model and how much kaya? thanks sa inyong lahat.

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Sep 07, 2002 at 10:08 AM »
Congrats Titanium.

Hopefully, i will join you guys as proud owners of the mission m70 series soon.

Silhouette,
Kailangan ba ng tulong ng sub yung M73? Anong receiver ang gamit mo?

Meron akong dalawang tanong:
1. Same question as Silhouette ano ba ang bagay na sub for M73,M7c1,M70 setup?

2. Nde ko kasi muna bibilhin yung M7c2. M7c1 muna..tapos pag may budget na bibili ako ng M7C2 tapos gagawin kong rear center yung M7c1. Is this a good idea?

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 07, 2002 at 10:21 AM »
Im planning to get a SUB next month for my set up, budget would be P15k below.  Any suggestion as what Sub to partner an M70 set of speakers?  Set up is:M73 front; M7C1 center & M70 rear!
thanks!
Silhouette

try dynaquest dq-12. malakas nang humataw sa bass yung m74 ko kahit nung wala akong sub, pero nung dinadagdag ko eto sa setup ko, hanep ang bass (for the price).

my ht setup: m74 fronts, 77c1 center, m7ds surrounds

Hey guys, I just got the m72 from hyperaudio yesterday as an upgrade to my 4 months old yamaha np320, haaay!. Im now looking for m7c2 center speaker to match it, where can I buy this model and how much kaya? thanks sa inyong lahat.

When I visited Melvin at DCM a few weeks ago, he said he had a shipment arriving in September with m7c2s. He said it was going to be around P4K-P5K more expensive than the m7c1s.

GAOL

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 07, 2002 at 10:53 AM »
Thanks Gaol,

but what and where is DCM? Sorry, di ako familiar with the abbreviation, how much ba m7c1 so that Ill just add 4 or 5 k more and estimate the price.

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 07, 2002 at 12:39 PM »
Hi Gaol,
Can you suggest a good downfiring sub?

thanks.

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 07, 2002 at 11:06 PM »
Thanks Gaol,

but what and where is DCM? Sorry, di ako familiar with the abbreviation, how much ba m7c1 so that Ill just add 4 or 5 k more and estimate the price.

DCM Audio is located at 16th Avenue, Cubao and Melvin Chua is the owner. They have a very good demo room there and they sell mostly Mission speakers, Musical Fidelity and Arcam components plus some consigned and pre-owned items.

With a good discount, you can probably get the m7c1 between P6-7K, so the m7c2 will probably sell for around P10K. If you can afford it, go for the m7c2.

Hi Gaol,
Can you suggest a good downfiring sub? thanks.

skabyol, wala akong maisip ng down-firing sub at the budget/entry-level, ah wait, meron na pala -- yung wharfedale powercube A series. check out the budget sub thread.

Cheers!
GAOL

Offline pedor2

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #83 on: Sep 08, 2002 at 06:46 AM »
a friend of mine was able to buy a Jamo subwoofer with an 8inch downfiring driver at 5th ave. ParkSquare1. You might want to check it out.

Offline hyperaudio

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 08, 2002 at 09:37 AM »
The M7C2 is now available and on stock for P11700.
Also M74i P21600 M73i P14800 M7C1i P7560.
Unfortunately, other M70 series models had slight price increases (see my post at assorted buy & sell).

Offline Titanium

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 09, 2002 at 09:09 AM »
 Uy, tumaas na pala m70 series, good that I got the m72 from Hyperaudio bago tumaas, he he.. Ive been looking for the m7c2 center speaker, so may stock na. I will definitely get one. The m72's are really great, ang ganda ng bass kahit di ko na gamitin ang sub ko okey lang tunog. Im still breaking in my speakers at wala pang speaker stand but definitely a lot better than my previous speakers.

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 09, 2002 at 02:07 PM »
Thanks gaol, will check on that!

Silhouette

Offline Skabyol

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Sep 10, 2002 at 12:39 PM »
Is the Mission M73 in the same league as B&W601 s3 in terms of sound quality?

Offline audio_tyro

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Sep 10, 2002 at 05:51 PM »
Hi Gaol,
Can you suggest a good downfiring sub?

thanks.

I can only think of one, REL Quake. Call the local distributor - Ferdie, at 0917-321-2079. If you want to see what it gorgeously look like, click on this link:
http://www.rel.net                  

...  scroll down and see the beautiful subwoofer in cherry finish. It sounds as good as it looks.

Offline baker

• Collector
  • Go Nuclear!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Sep 11, 2002 at 01:34 PM »
hyperaudio,

I was thinking of getting the M73s actually, just so I could have more bass.  The way I understand it,  the M73's specs is almost like the M72, except that it has better bass.  Might save me from buying a sub, at least  in the short term, especially as I don't have a large room.  Am actually a bit worried about my neighbor's reactions if the sound gets too loud.  

I was also able to hear the B&W 601 series 3, pero parang di ko masyado nagustuhan ang sound.  Better bass than the M72, but the clarity (not being an audiophile, am not too sure of the correct terminology) isn't as good.  However the B&W was brand new, barely broken in, so maybe that explains it.  Ms. Diana Krall's "Let's Fall in Love"  sounded a bit better on the Mission.  Wouldn't the B&W 601 S3 or the M73 for that matter, require a more powerful receiver, instead of the entry level onkyo/denon/yamaha which i'm thinking of getting?

Cybermms,

I don't think I can afford the Mission 780 (much to my dismay  :( )  I think I'll be happy with speakers in the P15T (or less) price range.  But it has really enjoyed great reviews, maybe I'll ask Stuazon for a demo, so I can have a taste of what might be  ;D  if I had more money that is.  

Hi,

First of all, I am no authority in making reviews . I just wanted to share to you my experience.
I have a set of Mission speakers, the M73, the center forgot the model. and dipoles for the surround.

If you are into home theater, and appreciate the thuds and similar sounds, the M73s should be a consideration. Sometimes I have a hard time where the low frequency sound is coming from; that is from the M73s or my 12" sub.

I am using an old Yamaha RXv990 and I am also very satisfied with it. Babaw lang siguro ako, but anyway, I am happy with this setup.

I also shopped around before I bought my Missions and almost all the time, the sales guy would always point me towards the M7 series because of the restrcted budget that I have. My 2 centavos worth.

Baker