Author Topic: Veronica Mars  (Read 18933 times)

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Veronica Mars
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2007 at 12:20 AM »
Thankfully, that was just a blogger's entry. In the original article posted at Reuters, the full quote is:

At a news conference after the presentation, (CW Entertainment President Dawn) Ostroff confirmed that "(Veronica) Mars" has solved her last case in her current incarnation but that no final decision has been made on a proposed new version of the series by creator Rob Thomas in which the title character, played by Kristen Bell, attends the FBI Academy.

So, there's still a slight chance of it returning, but at the rate this decision is going, probably midseason at the earliest.

Thanks, but it's really over....

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Veronica-Mars-Boss/800015393
I forwarded Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas the comments Dawn Ostroff made at the CW upfront (read 'em in my live blog) regarding the show's fate, and below is the response he just sent me:

"No one has talked to me about a new, non-Veronica project. All my writers have been offered jobs elsewhere, and I believe they will now all accept these jobs. Very, very, very sad day around the VM offices.

"I assume that anything Dawn would be talking about in the realm of a Rob-Kristen project would involve a new from-scratch pilot as they don't have me in a deal, and they'll lose Kristen in a couple of weeks."

Bottom line: It's over.

First Gilmore Girls and now this. Simply depressing. Who's giving out hugs?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2007 at 02:37 PM »
Man, that blows.  :-[

Oh well, what else would you expect from the network that resurrected the already-ended Seventh Heaven, losing Everwood in the process?

Of course, the biggest mystery here is: How can Veronica Mars be cancelled, while One Tree Hill is entering its fifth season?

It boggles the mind.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2007 at 11:36 PM »
just saw the finale.. it's sad to see her go..  :'(

goodbye veronica! :'(

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2007 at 09:12 AM »
do you think there would be unaired episodes in the last season dvd? making it limited edition, like joey season 2  ::)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2007 at 05:37 PM »
Saw the last couple of episodes this afternoon. Another great show cancelled before its time.

Natawa ko sa ep 19, they were talking about catching a Matchbox 20 show. Piz goes: "Rob Thomas is a whore."  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2007 at 09:14 PM »
do you think there would be unaired episodes in the last season dvd?

No, they received a 20-episode order for Season 3, and all 20 filmed episodes were aired on The CW.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jun 01, 2007 at 08:04 PM »
according to tvshowsondvd, the "FBI" trailer that was shown to CW execs by Rob Thomas will be included as an extra in the season 3 dvd..

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jun 29, 2007 at 09:45 AM »
relive season 3  ;)

[images hosted by DVD Active cannot be hotlinked to PinoyDVD]

according to tvshowsondvd, the "FBI" trailer that was shown to CW execs by Rob Thomas will be included as an extra in the season 3 dvd..

is this the FBI trailer?

Warner Home Video has revealed artwork for the third season of Veronica Mars which stars Tina Majorino, Enrico Colantoni, Francis Capra, and Kristen Bell. The six-disc package will be available to own from the 23rd October, and should retail at around $59.98. Each of the 20 episodes will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital Surround tracks. Extras will include a selection of deleted scenes, a Launching Season 4 featurette, a Going Undercover with Rob Thomas featurette, a gag reel, and some online video diaries from the set.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2007 at 10:08 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jun 30, 2007 at 12:36 PM »
relive season 3  ;)

[images hosted by DVD Active cannot be hotlinked to PinoyDVD]

is this the FBI trailer?

Warner Home Video has revealed artwork for the third season of Veronica Mars which stars Tina Majorino, Enrico Colantoni, Francis Capra, and Kristen Bell. The six-disc package will be available to own from the 23rd October, and should retail at around $59.98. Each of the 20 episodes will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital Surround tracks. Extras will include a selection of deleted scenes, a Launching Season 4 featurette, a Going Undercover with Rob Thomas featurette, a gag reel, and some online video diaries from the set.

Here's part of the press release:

Scandal, Secrets and Drama Come to End with the Final Season of America's Sassiest Crime Solver

VERONICA MARS: THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON

All 20 Captivating Episodes are available in a Collectible Six-Disc DVD Set with Fantastic New Behind-The-Scenes Special Features

The Sleuthing DVD is Available on October 23rd

BURBANK, CA (June 27, 2007) – Search no further for the final chapter  when Warner Home Video unveils America's favorite teen investigator, with the DVD release of Veronica Mars:  The Complete Third Season, featuring a collectible six-disc DVD set with all 20 alluring and gripping final episodes and all-new behind-the-scenes special features.  Experience new drama and unlock campus mysteries with Veronica as a college freshman, featuring an unparalleled cast including Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Francis Capra, Percy Daggs III, Ryan Hansen, Tessa Thompson, Kyle Gallner and Enrico Colantoni.  Veronica Mars: The Complete Third Season is priced to own at $59.98.

Veronica Mars is set in the wealthy seaside community of Neptune, CA, where the rich and powerful make the rules.  Unfortunately for them, there's Veronica Mars (Kristen Bell), a smart, fearless young apprentice private investigator dedicated to solving the town's toughest mysteries. In season three, hoping to leave the ghosts of Neptune High behind her, Veronica is now a freshman at Hearst College, along with her boyfriend, Logan Echolls, and best friends, Wallace Fennel and Cindy "Mac" Mackenzie.  But despite the students' efforts to soak up the college experience in their own way, it quickly becomes obvious that some ghosts are here to stay.

Add the increasingly dangerous private investigator business ran by Veronica's father, Keith Mars (Enrico Colantoni), to her spreading reputation around campus as a girl who can fix the unfixable and it becomes clear that Hearst College has never encountered a student like Veronica Mars before.  Building on its trademark twists and turns but featuring a new campus, new faces and new surprises, Veronica Mars promises to keep old and new fans alike guessing in its third season.

"We are thrilled to release the final season of Veronica Mars, a series that developed a devoted, passionate fan following based on its smart writing and superb acting, "said Rosemary Markson, WHV Vice President, TV Marketing.  "Veronica Mars: The Complete Third Season DVDwill deliver more unpredictable twists and turns as Veronica faces new daily challenges.  We are confident fans are enthusiastic to add this final chapter along with an exciting array of extras to their DVD collection."

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES (subject to change)
Pitching Season 4 – An in-depth interview w/ Creator Rob Thomas discussing a new direction for the series presented to network executives that picks up years later, with Veronica as a rookie FBI agent.
Going Undercover with Rob Thomas - Show Creator Rob Thomas walks us through some of the most memorable moments from Season 3
Webisode Gallery with cast interviews and various set tours
Unaired Scenes with introductions by Rob Thomas
Gag Reel

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Oct 23, 2007 at 12:50 AM »
From Weevil's Wobble

Mac: Hey, anyone else heard there's gonna be a Matchbox Twenty reunion show?
Piz: So? Rob Thomas is a whore!

;D ;D ;D

...and from Show me the Monkey

Veronica: What is Manila anyway?
Keith: I don't know. A substance? Color maybe? In the kitchen we'll do a nice Manila.
Veronica: I'd say more like 'By the time we dug him up, he turned Manila'

;D ;D ;D

Just finished my Veronica Mars marathon and reminiscing some happy moments. I still can't believe it ends here. So many questions left opened. Were they expecting to be renewed? Fitzpatricks and Vinnie? The Castle? Just to satisfy myself, I'll think of Special Agent Veronica Mars kicking everyone's arse, except family and friends of course. Speaking of friends, I really liked how all of them worked together in the end. I love angry Mars!

And its so sad to see Keith sacrificing everything for her :'(  What a season finale. But I felt it should've been at least a 2-hour episode. Movie please...  :-[  If Firefly, another great series but only had ONE season, can do it, why not Veronica, right?  ;D  Even a straigt-to-video finale is fine with me, or the graphic novel they're talking about which is more possible.

So who would you pick for Veronica?
Duncan? Too perfect?  :-\
Piz? Too soft?  ::)
Leo? Too old?  ;D
I'm going for Logan, great chemistry since Season 1 and totally bad*ss  8)
Or remain single?  :P

See you in Heroes, Veronica Mars!!!  :)

BTW, Season 3 DVD is released today  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2007 at 08:49 AM by RNIverson »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Oct 27, 2007 at 02:47 AM »
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline vinta18

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Nov 03, 2007 at 11:48 AM »
^ Holy crap that was good.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
Veronica Mars 75% Off!!! $14.99 each  ;)

The Complete First Season
The Complete Second Season

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 09:29 PM »
I hope they make a movie. Nakakabitin yung ending ng series.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 12:54 AM »
...and from Show me the Monkey

Veronica: What is Manila anyway?
Keith: I don't know. A substance? Color maybe? In the kitchen we'll do a nice Manila.
Veronica: I'd say more like 'By the time we dug him up, he turned Manila'

;D ;D ;D

Just got my Season One DVD from the Amazon sale, and currently on Episode 15 Ruskie Business...

Meg: Well? What do you think?
Veronica: I look like Manila Whore Barbie.

Another Manila reference  ;)  Somebody from the VM staff likes us  :D
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2007 at 12:55 AM by RNIverson »

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #105 on: Dec 04, 2007 at 06:38 PM »

Just finished my Veronica Mars marathon and reminiscing some happy moments. I still can't believe it ends here. So many questions left opened. Were they expecting to be renewed? Fitzpatricks and Vinnie? The Castle? Just to satisfy myself, I'll think of Special Agent Veronica Mars kicking everyone's arse, except family and friends of course. Speaking of friends, I really liked how all of them worked together in the end. I love angry Mars!

And its so sad to see Keith sacrificing everything for her :'(  What a season finale. But I felt it should've been at least a 2-hour episode. Movie please...  :-[  If Firefly, another great series but only had ONE season, can do it, why not Veronica, right?  ;D  Even a straigt-to-video finale is fine with me, or the graphic novel they're talking about which is more possible.

So who would you pick for Veronica?
Duncan? Too perfect?  :-\
Piz? Too soft?  ::)
Leo? Too old?  ;D
I'm going for Logan, great chemistry since Season 1 and totally bad*ss  8)
Or remain single?  :P

There are rumors that creator Rob Thomas is planning to continue Veronica Mars in the comic book medium, and that he's been talking to DC comics.  It'll be similar to what Joss Whedon did with latest 'season' of Buffy.  Hope it pushes through.

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Mar 14, 2013 at 02:47 AM »
Quote from: Rob Thomas
Life has taken Veronica away from Neptune. In the years since spoiling Keith's chances to be reelected sheriff, Veronica hasn't taken a case. But something big is about to bring her back home and back to her calling. My goal is to include as many of your favorite characters as possible. It is, after all, time for Veronica’s 10-year high school reunion. Keep in mind that the more money we raise, the cooler movie we can make. A two million dollar fundraising total probably means cross words are exchanged at the class reunion. Three million? We can afford a full-on brawl. Ten million? Who knows... For some reason the Neptune High class reunion takes place on a nuclear submarine! A Hobbit shows up! There’s a Bollywood end-credit dance number! I’ve always wanted to direct Bill Murray. We’ll figure out something cool. Hey, if that total goes high enough, I’ll bet the good folks at Warner Bros. will agree a sequel is a good idea.

Kickstarter page:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas launch 'Veronica Mars' movie Kickstarter campaign
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/kristen-bell-and-rob-thomas-launch-veronica-mars-movie-kickstarter-campaign
http://io9.com/rob-thomas-just-started-a-kickstarter-for-a-em-veroni-453537109
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2013 at 03:06 AM by rusty »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Apr 01, 2013 at 01:46 PM »
It has already reached $4.3M and still 11 days to go. I hope WB is now convinced of this fan-based support and doubles the budget. As a big corp, it's awful to think that it'll be a purely fan-budgeted movie.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Apr 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM »
Finally ended last 12t with a whooping $5.7M from fans worldwide!

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jul 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM »
First Look: The Official Veronica Mars SDCC Sneak Peek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJhjV3EOY4

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Mar 02, 2014 at 09:11 AM »
The first two minutes of the Veronica Mars movie:

http://youtu.be/9Cd8cMWb0gI

:)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Mar 14, 2014 at 06:26 PM »
The movie is online already. :)

It was more nostalgic than great, but I had a good time. It felt more like a regular episode than a movie "event," which isn't a bad thing.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
« Reply #112 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 11:36 AM »
Yup, it's a nice reunion episode. Witty comebacks, shocking attacks, mystery-solving... They got the feel of the old episodes. With all the rich kid/pop star crime going on, you'd think the media would be all over the town

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Mar 20, 2015 at 02:35 PM »
Finally, the two obligatory questions. Was Warner satisfied enough by the “Veronica” movie’s performance that there’s a chance of another one at this point?

Rob Thomas: Yes. That’s one possibility. We’d also be interested in that “True Detective” model. I would love to go sell six episodes as a miniseries. That probably gets me more excited than another five, six million dollar movie. If we kept another “Veronica Mars” movie at the budget that we kept the first one, we could do one, I believe. I think we could find people without needing to do a Kickstarter campaign, because the movie did well. The “Veronica Mars” movie is the first thing where I think I’m getting my back end participation — and getting it on the movie. I saw a couple of comments that because we made it for six and it did three and a half million in the theaters that it had failed. And that’s so far from the truth. It has done very well on electronic sell through and rental and airplanes and pay cable. It did very well.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/izombie-producer-rob-thomas-we-want-to-get-to-the-kickass-fun-mythology-stuff

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2019 at 09:03 AM »
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jun 15, 2019 at 06:30 AM »

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jun 22, 2019 at 08:45 AM »