Author Topic: Bagets 1 & 2: (NOW BOTH ON DVD!)  (Read 15862 times)

Offline rdj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Minimum Wage Earner
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bagets 1 & 2: (NOW BOTH ON DVD!)
« on: Jul 22, 2003 at 06:16 PM »
alam ko vcd meron pero mukhang naubos na... would anyone know saan meron pang stock?
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2006 at 06:09 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Steel

• Collector
  • for Truth and Justice...
  • Liked:
Re:Looking for Bagets DVD or VCD
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2003 at 10:37 AM »
Hi rdj!  :)

Maybe you could ask your local Astorvision if they can score a copy of the VCD for you.  Or maybe you could try reaching VIVA.

As for the DVD, I don't think its available yet.

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2003 at 12:51 PM »
Marami pa naman nagbebenta ng BAGETS vcd. Pag maglabas ng DVD nun, I'LL BUY IT.

Imagine sa loob ng DVD ay merong mga interviews with the cast as they look now and reminiscing the good times while doing that film.

By the way, plugging lang, I can burn you the SOUNDTRACK ALBUM of that movie.  ;)
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline rdj

• Apprentice
  • Minimum Wage Earner
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2003 at 03:01 AM »
pioneer,

sent u a pm. where can i reach you?

Offline ßartmaniac

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 02:03 AM »
both Bagets VCDs are also available online:

other 80's teen movies from Viva are also available:

cc: pinoy teen flicks

« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2003 at 02:07 AM by ßa®tmaniac »

Offline Steel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 08:20 AM »
Wow, Ninja Kids!  :D

Bart, is this only available online?

Offline ßartmaniac

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 08:43 AM »
Steel, I'm sure these releases are also available off-the-rack.  Just not so sure if they're still on stock.

Offline Steel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 11:12 AM »
Hmm...  I better check again with my local Astro then.  Or perhaps I'll have a better chance with Video City since this is a Viva release.  

Ninja Kids is quite hard to find.

Thanks Bart.

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2004 at 12:05 AM »
Any news on when "Bagets" will finally be released on DVD?

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2004 at 07:35 PM »
Any news on when "Bagets" will finally be released on DVD?
I too am eagerly waiting for the DVD release. It is one damn classic teen film that should be placed on a dvd. It really really influenced the 80's pinoy teen era on a lot of things.  

Ang dami ngang nilabas ang Viva ng mga walang kwentang films na ginawang dvd e. Hayun at naka-discount na tsk tsk tsk.

Maybe you could contact Viva regarding this. 8)
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 11:05 PM »
I will certainly try. I don't know the kind of technical work involved in order to get a relatively older movie on to DVD. I don't know, maybe they have some way to take the master (if it still exists and if it's still in good condition), and digitize it, the enhance it and then finally download it on to DVDs along with special features like trailers, music videos and "making of" segments if possible. Is that too much to ask? Because "Bagets" is not just a movie in my opinion, it also represents an entire generation of Filipinos and an important era in Philippine history.
Kaso, alam mo naman tayong mga Pilipino, we never really take the time to preserve our history, we never really take the time to remember our past, that's why wala tayong asenso; wer'e doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again.

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2004 at 05:17 PM »
I will certainly try. I don't know the kind of technical work involved in order to get a relatively older movie on to DVD. I don't know, maybe they have some way to take the master (if it still exists and if it's still in good condition), and digitize it, the enhance it and then finally download it on to DVDs along with special features like trailers, music videos and "making of" segments if possible. Is that too much to ask? Because "Bagets" is not just a movie in my opinion, it also represents an entire generation of Filipinos and an important era in Philippine history.
Kaso, alam mo naman tayong mga Pilipino, we never really take the time to preserve our history, we never really take the time to remember our past, that's why wala tayong asenso; wer'e doomed to make the same mistakes over and over again.
You can write them through:
VIVA VIDEO, INC.
VIVA Entertainment Center
7/F East Tower
Philippine Stock Exchange Building
1605 Ortigas Center, Pasig City
Philippines
Telephone +63 (2) 687-5853
E-mail [email protected]

Hope we can persuade them to make one. Sa dami ng viva dvds na di nabebenta e kutob ko that this will sell.  ;)

Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2004 at 11:23 PM »
Again, I'll certainly try, pero I have a feeling ang isasagot lang nila sa akin ay somewhere along thelines of

"Anong Bagets DVD?? Utot mo! Manigas ka!"

Offline llanesmark777

• DVD Addict
  • You don't know the power of the dark side.
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2004 at 06:14 PM »
Meron mga Bagets 1 and 2 sa mga Video City. (VCD). kaya lang. Like selling hotcakes.

Offline jbcapino

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2004 at 09:58 AM »
We need to lobby for a DVD with a new transfer!
Viva reportedly struck a new print for a 20th anniversary showing at the UP film center. Let's hope they use these new elements to make a video transfer befitting the stature of this important film. The VCD transfer is terribly desaturated and looks like it was dubbed from the low quality UMatic tapes they used for the film's initial television broadcasts. The film deserves better. Sumulat tayo sa Viva!
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2004 at 11:36 AM by jbcapino »

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 09:57 PM »

We need to lobby for a DVD with a new transfer!
Viva reportedly struck a new print for a 20th anniversary showing at the UP film center. Let's hope they use these new elements to make a video transfer befitting the stature of this important film. The VCD transfer is terribly desaturated and looks like it was dubbed from the low quality UMatic tapes they use for the film's initial television broadcasts. The film deserves better. Sumulat tayo sa Viva!
I sent them an email na nung first week of Feb pa. DEDMA!  :P
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline Jett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Feb 25, 2004 at 12:51 AM »
Usually ata pag email di naman nag-r-reply. I did the same thing with GMA for "Rizal" ... dinedma lang.

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Bagets Video Set
« Reply #17 on: Aug 31, 2005 at 10:11 PM »
.......And, anytime now, Viva Films is releasing “Bagets” and “Bagets 2,” seminal youth films that helped launch or bolster the careers of Aga Muhlach, William Martinez, Herbert Bautista, Raymond Lauchengco, JC Bonnin, Ramon Christopher and Francis Magalona.

We still have a strong recollection of having enjoyed “Bagets,” the way it dramatized the angst of youths in the ’80s, and the luminous debut performance turned in by the then teenage Aga Muhlach.

It’s a good film to have in one’s library, especially since the “Bagets” video set will include interviews with some of the two films’ principal players.

It can also serve as a timely springboard for a “where are they now?” update discussion with fellow film buffs. Well, everybody knows that Aga is a top romantic-dramatic lead, who gets to star in the best projects that Star Cinema can think up. His latest film, “Dubai,” was shot abroad, following up on the studio’s successful “Milan” project a couple of years ago.

William Martinez lived in the States with his wife Yayo Aguila for some years, but he’s come home and appears occasionally on television. Herbert Bautista is Quezon City’s vice mayor.

Raymond Lauchengco has just revived his performing career by way of a new album, but he’s better known these days as a photographer. JC Bonnin is a preacher.

Francis Magalona is a star rapper and TV host, and one of his progenies, Maxene, has launched her own entertainment career. Ramon Christopher is not very active in the biz, and has separated from his wife, Lotlot de Leon.

After the “Bagets” video set is released, we hope that other producers will come up with their own video compilations of their best and/or most popular productions.

Source: http://beta.inq7.net/common/print.php?index=2&story_id=48521&site_id=24&col=
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
Re: Bagets Video Set
« Reply #18 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 11:39 PM »
so , released na ba ito o ano?  ???

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #19 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 07:03 AM »
ok ito ah  ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 07:10 AM »
ang alam ko wala pa.....inip na nga ko e hahaha. patimbre na lang kung naglabas na sila. thanks.

"Here's to the old times..........."  8)
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2005 at 07:20 AM »
ang alam ko wala pa.....inip na nga ko e hahaha. patimbre na lang kung naglabas na sila. thanks.

"Here's to the old times..........."  8)

oo nga..those were the good old days..
I have a VCD copy for both 1 and 2 .. ;D
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2005 at 07:45 AM »
I have a VCD copy for both 1 and 2 .. ;D

Me too, but the part 2 is not complete. May scenes na di na include.  :(
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 11:36 PM »
dvd copies na ba talaga o transfer lang? kadalas kc, transfer lang ang ginagawa ng viva. di nila nililinis at inaayos ung mga kopya...
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 01:57 PM »
Cool with retrospective docu!   :) Brings back memories of my youth. Among the Teen-Angst Pinoy Flicks, the phenomenon of BAGETS is unsurpassed. Regal's loss was Boss Vic's gain hehehe. Douglas Quijano together with Jake Tordesillas & Maryo J pitched in the project to Mother during the 80's but the Regal Matriarch has no vibes on the project.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2005 at 02:02 PM by keating »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #25 on: Oct 31, 2005 at 02:03 AM »
dvd copies na ba talaga o transfer lang?

The DVD looks a lot cleaner than a lot of the VIVA "classic" VCD transfers I've seen, which look like they were mastered from old Beta tapes. Though the colors are faded, this looks like it might have been done from a film master. Still 1.33:1, though, with DD 2.0 sound.

It was GREAT to see the "Bagets Flashback" Special Feature. HOWEVER, VIVA made a HUGE mistake - they filmed the footage during some "Bagets Reunion" party, and the loud 80s music playing in the background practically drowns the voices of EVERYONE out. Good intentions, poor execution. Luckily, like the main feature, the "Bagets Flashback" also has English subtitles, so you can at least read what the director/cast had to say. Also, JC Bonnin was glaringly absent. Even a phone interview from him from London would've made the reunion feel more complete somehow. Unless, of course, being a preacher prohibits him from doing anything related to show business.  ::)

A few more minor complaints: there's no way to access the trailers that automatically play when you insert the disc once you reach the main menu. It would've been nice to be able to access the trailer of "Bagets 2" after watching the film without having to eject the disc first. And since this is a "Platinum Director's Masterpiece" edition... shouldn't the film's original trailer have been included?

Why did I buy this disc? Well... it was released when I was a senior in high school, so technically, the characters are exactly my age. A great nostalgia trip! It was really an excellent year to be a high school senior, cinematically. On local screens, you had Bagets. In the States, you had Footloose.

Both "classic" 80s teen movies.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2005 at 02:22 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 31, 2005 at 06:48 AM »
The DVD looks a lot cleaner than a lot of the VIVA "classic" VCD transfers I've seen, which look like they were mastered from old Beta tapes. Thought the colors are faded, this looks like it might have a film master. Still 1.33:1, though, with DD 2.0 sound.

It was GREAT to see the "Bagets Flashback" Special Feature. HOWEVER, VIVA made a HUGE mistake - they filmed the footage during some "Bagets Reunion" party, and the loud 80s music playing in the background practically drowns the voices of EVERYONE out. Good intentions, poor execution. Luckily, like the main feature, the "Bagets Flashback" also has English subtitles, so you can at least read what the director/cast had to say. Also, JC Bonnin was glaringly absent. Even a phone interview from him from London would've made the reunion feel more complete somehow. Unless, of course, being a preacher prohibits him from doing anything related to show business.  ::)

A few more minor complaints: there's no way to access the trailers that automatically play when you insert the disc once you reach the main menu. It would've been nice to be able to access the trailer of "Bagets 2" after watching the film without having to eject the disc first. And since this is a "Platinum Director's Masterpiece" edition... shouldn't the film's original trailer have been included?

Why did I buy this disc? Well... it was released when I was a senior in high school, so technically, the characters are exactly my age. A great nostalgia trip! It was really an excellent year to be a high school senior, cinematically. On local screens, you had Bagets. In the States, you had Footloose.

Both "classic" 80s teen movies.
DUDE, where did you buy it? Text me at 0917-2721650 naman o. Super thanks!  8)
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2005 at 02:23 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Nov 01, 2005 at 04:59 PM »
Just got a copy kanina sa SM North EDSA Astrovision. May 2 na sobra pa dun.  8)
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
Re: Bagets Video Set (NOW ON DVD!)
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 05:02 AM »
finally! Na release na rin on DVD!! Yahoo! Bumuli na ako ngayon lang sa tatak.com. I can't wait to get it! Just got lucky!  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Bagets 1 & 2: (NOW BOTH ON DVD!)
« Reply #29 on: Jan 25, 2006 at 06:19 PM »
Bagets 2 was released on DVD in the Philippines today.

It's a 2-Disc set. The first disc is the movie alone. It's been remastered - it's not the version with color bleed that's on the VCD/frequently shown on Pinoy Box Office. The picture quality is a little faded with some dust artifacts now and then, but still quite good, considering how old the film is.

The second disc has the theatrical trailer, some music videos, and a retrospective documentary with most of the main cast (except JC Bonnin and the late Jon Jon Hernandez).

Php 375 at your favorite stores.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...