Author Topic: Pinoy HORROR films!  (Read 54076 times)

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy HORROR films!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 06, 2006 at 07:47 AM »
Bro, I was wondering where'd you get to see them films, eh? :)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Feb 06, 2006 at 12:38 PM »
Bro, I was wondering where'd you get to see them films, eh? :)

Wedge, sent you pm.  ;)

The video is excellent with specks like a typical pinoy old film and the sound is now crying for improvement thru restoration process but still rocks in my 5.1 DD.  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2006 at 08:22 PM by keating »

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2006 at 12:29 AM »
Jojo, 'Aagawin Kita' sounds like it was at least inspired by the Caridad portion of Nora's Fe, Esperanza, Caridad. Is it?

it's sort of similar Noel, but of course Gerry de Leon's was excellent in terms of storytelling & the films' visuals. Aagawin Kita is pure fun. it tends to be serious at times but the over the top performances makes it all the more campy. it's worth a look though...

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2006 at 07:59 AM »
It was fun but i really find horrifying those "Bampira" movies during the 70's... Keating do you have compilation of those? tnx  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2006 at 08:38 AM »
I have Gabi ng Lagim which has the vampire episode. Its more creepy than those Hammer movies. I'm looking also for Zoom, Zoom Superman or is it Si Popeye Atbp wherein tv host Ariel Ureta was being chase by a vampire after a car accident.  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2006 at 05:35 PM by keating »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2006 at 10:35 AM »
Is that "gabi ng lagim" already on CD? btw bro, who starred in that movie? In B&W pa yan di ba? Can i possibly borrow that bro? tnx  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2006 at 11:26 AM »
Its on vhs, jerix. Yeah, black and white with the late FPJ, Zaldy Zhornack, Dencio Padilla, Amado Cortez. BTW the print is now badly mangled, you cannot watch anymore some of the title sequences/credits. Another case of restoration problem before it succumbed to vinegar syndrome.

« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2006 at 11:39 AM by keating »

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 03:30 PM »
Thanks, Jojo. I am currently compiling some of Pinoy Horror films from the 70's to the 80's. The problem always is the availability.

Do you know someone at channel 13? Maybe we can dig their room and sleuth all those rare movies, man.
DARNA AT ANG BABAENG IMPAKTA - This one's not from the 70's or 80's but I think mid-60's. The villain here is a pretty girl with a twin evil sister who is, read this, LITERALLY ATTACHED, to her back. The evil sister has special powers and is the creepiest thing that you will ever see.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2006 at 04:10 PM by killer_blow »
Searching for the scent of content...Oh know it's the killer blow

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 07:52 PM »
DARNA AT ANG BABAENG IMPAKTA - This one's not from the 70's or 80's but I think mid-60's. The villain here is a pretty girl with a twin evil sister who is, read this, LITERALLY ATTACHED, to her back. The evil sister has special powers and is the creepiest thing that you will ever see.

it is from the mid 60's... Darna At Ang Babaing Impakta starred Lisa Moreno as Darna. it used to be shown on channel 13. i'll admit it is creepy. the pretty girl's thoughts is possessed by this creature attached to her back.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #39 on: Feb 16, 2006 at 09:25 PM »
That sounds cool, and sounds like Ronnie Yu appropriated the Siamese Twins for Bride With White Hair.

Offline Luc81

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:50 AM »
DAIGDIG NG SINDAK AT LAGIM, yun pala ang title nang movie na ito...! I remember seeing this on ABS-CBN in the early 90's.  And take note it was shown in the afternoon! I think i was in 5th grade then. I like the 1st episode, with the socialites trapped inside a haunted house. The ending of this episode in particular was very creepy. this is the scene where they discover the dead bodies, i swear i can almost smell the rotting flesh! The episode with Liza Lorena is also very creepy, kasi it deals with shrunken heads yata.  Of course the segments with Rita Gomez, who could forget that voice! I also found Alkitrang Dugo frightening, being just a schoolboy at that time, it was a frightening thought being marooned on an island and be killed by your classmates.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 02:05 PM »
I just remember one of the actors in the SPIRIT OF THE GLASS episode in DAIGDIG NG SINDAK AT LAGIM, that was Cloyd Robinson.

I'm confused, sometimes, I thought he was Ed Villapol the co-host of Bibeth Orteza in Gosiengfiao's TEMPTATION ISLAND.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 08:17 AM »
I just remember one of the actors in the SPIRIT OF THE GLASS episode in DAIGDIG NG SINDAK AT LAGIM, that was Cloyd Robinson.

I'm confused, sometimes, I thought he was Ed Villapol the co-host of Bibeth Orteza in Gosiengfiao's TEMPTATION ISLAND.

Ed Villapol appeared in numerous movies directed by Cloyd Robinson during the 80's...

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 08:29 AM »
He's the one in ALAPAAP also, right? The father of Tanya Gomez.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 08:32 AM »
oh yeah... he was the one. marami pa siyang nagawang movies before.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 08:40 PM »
AT LUMAGANAP ANG LAGIM

The premise was actually engaging. Etang Discher who scares me as a kid in those classic LVN films as a witch which she monopolized was horrifying always. Just her voice will sent your spine chilling! She plays a mother who simply adores Satan to impregnate her daughter, the beautiful Rosemarie Gil. The big event happened much to the distress of Rosemarie Gil who spreads terror in a family together with her son. The conflict arises when the late Ricky Belmonte & Rosemarie Sonora arrive in the scene. Most Filipino films cash on the bankability of loveteams which sometimes I don't agree with except in Gallaga's TIYANAK.

The effects were nicely done, creepy, but the story focus more on Belmonte & Sonora's teeny bop romance which cause me to think, if this movie was a love story or a horror one? But then digging this movie from oblivion was an impossible task to do. Thanks again to jojo's film archive.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006 at 08:23 AM by keating »

Offline mlc833

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 12:09 AM »
anyone who has seen chiquito's horror movie way back in the 70's wherein chiquito and his pal were trapped inside a cemetery / morgue ?  the movie was really scarry... honestly i would like to watch it again although i have forgotten the title...anyone who knows the title and where i can buy or rent the movie?     

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 05:26 PM »
I'll guess for the title.......TAKBO PETER, TAKBO? Chiquito was being chase here by a vampire creepy and hilarious but its only a dream.

It might be also in the archive of channel 13 which is the premiere station of Pinoy movies during the 80's.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #48 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 10:32 AM »
Article on Philippine horror films on monstersandcritics.com

Apparently you need to be patient, it takes time to download.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Apr 14, 2006 at 11:02 AM »
Thanks for the link, Noel. Too bad my browser at home is so slow. It will take me 48 years before I download it.

Offline mlc833

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 16, 2006 at 05:49 PM »
I'll guess for the title.......TAKBO PETER, TAKBO? Chiquito was being chase here by a vampire creepy and hilarious but its only a dream.

It might be also in the archive of channel 13 which is the premiere station of Pinoy movies during the 80's.
[/q

is TAKBO PETER, TAKBO in black and white?  does channel 13 have a website? do you know where i cn buy a vcd of this movie just to check out if this is the one?

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 08:45 PM »
As far as I know, its in colored mlc833. But the problem is the print, it might be presumably lost also. Nope its not available on any format.

Offline Movie_Geek_Tom

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • "Heres looking at you,kid."
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 22, 2006 at 12:57 AM »
Halimaw Sa Banga still give me the creeps
Panasonic TC-P50ST50 Plasma 3D
McIntosh MC-2102 Amp
Snell THX 9.4 Speaker Setup

Offline eman59

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2006 at 05:01 PM »
Natatandaan niyo ba yung TV series na "Malikmata?"  Hosted ni Vic Diaz, yung magaling na character actor na kamukha ni Peter Lorre.  Madalas kaming magtakutan matapos manood noon.  May isa pang series na "Gabi ng Lagim," pero hindi ko na talaga matandaan.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2006 at 05:06 PM »
There was GUNIGUNI also on channel 7 during the 70's. I always ask my mom to change the channel of the tv everytime the opening credits flash on the screen.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 28, 2007 at 07:37 PM »

Its time to watch this again. Turn off the lights and let the visuals of Gerry de Leon haunt you. Thanks to Kuya Simon of Video 48 for the pic!

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:53 AM »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 10:05 PM »

Ha! I got a shocked of my life when I saw WHITE LADY (Angelica Panganiban starrer) released by some video distributor at Plaza Singapura mall here in Singapore. No trailers or features to boot for but it has some impressive DVD cover with a slipcase no less (obviously patterned after some asian horror dvd released internationally). In original audio (tagalog) with chinese subtitles. Too bad, the movie is sleep-inducing.....zzzzz.....

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 30, 2007 at 11:19 PM »
^

yeah! one of the worst pinoy horror films ever produced, imo!
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Nov 03, 2007 at 04:24 PM »