Author Topic: Fukuda 881 DivX/Mpg4/Jpg/Wma/Mp3/Vcd/Dvd/CD Player owners' discussion forum  (Read 25766 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Sounds bad already. Any chance you can do the trip to the Sucat service center? If you bring it to Abenson's, you may have to wait a bit.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline TimSavvy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • HD Player Enthusiast :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Galleria is a 5min drive and I could probably purchase a branded DivX player for my room and wait for 2months then give the replacement to my family (sala on top of the Pioneer DVD Player).  Got my PC pa naman to watch my DivX TV series (just in case it takes 2 months for repair)

I don't think going to sucat is worth it (waiting for about an hour with nothing to do) and additional couple of hours of traffic just to get there.  Then endure the traffic back to Greenhills.

I would pay myself P1,500 just to do that. (Gasoline inclusive) lolz..

I'm really not that patient.. It's still working pa naman, except for the annoying screeching noise (10-20secs) during start up.  Should I bring it now or wait for it to totally conk out?

uAnd.. btw, how's your repaired Fukuda doing?

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Actually, there is an option if you're not inclined to go to Sucat. You can have Fukuda send a guy over. Talk to that guy Rey and tell him exactly what's wrong and offer to pay for someone to drop by your place. Since it's under warranty, P200 or P300 should be fine but make it clear that he has to bring the parts and make sure that the unit is fully repaired. It'll take 3 to 5 days for them to set-up the sched. He made me the same offer but I was curious about their operations so I decided to pay them a visit.

My 881 is doing really well now but I'm still getting a branded unit to replace it. I've narrowed it down to the LG or the Pioneer DV-383. The front-loading mechanism of the Philips 5100 isn't my cup of tea.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2005 at 12:25 PM by firewired »

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
so i won't wait for the player to totally conk out na?
I'm worried that they might just fix the noise but not the lense mechanism and have to go thru the entire repair procedure again.

What are the exact model of the replacement you're looking at and how much are they in which stores?

thanks! :)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I think the lens issue was specific to my unit. The common problem areas of the 881 seem to be the fan and/or the motor.

I just picked up the Pioneer DV-383 which is retailing for Php5290 at 0% interest over 6 months. It's now available in all major appliance outlets. When it comes to DivX, I'm now more inclined to go with branded players from Pioneer, LG, and Philips. The big plus is firmware upgradeability which seems to be impossible with generic units. I've already been able to add OGG/OGM playback and better compatibility with DivX 6 using a patch.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2005 at 08:25 PM by firewired »

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
My Fukuda 881 can't play QPEL DivX.  It prompts me "QPEL not supported".

I'm thinking of getting the LG being sold at P4,+++ advertised on the paper.
1) Is it any good?
2) Does it support QPEL?
3) If I have my Fukuda fixed and the upgrade the firmer, will it be able to read QPEL DivX?

thanks!

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
There're ongoing discussions now on the new LG and Pioneer players. Checkout the threads in the 'Branded Players' area:
LG DK-9934N DivX-capable player
Pioneer DV-380/383/585/686 DivX-capable players

Reviews on the LG have been pretty good.

Having the Fukuda fixed will not upgrade the firmware unfortunately. Q-Pel support is really spotty when it comes to the ESS chipsets but the upside is that they support packet bitstreams out of the box. The Mediatek chipsets that Pioneer, LG and the new Philips models now use are considered superior to the ESS but they come with their own share of incompatibilities -- notably packet bitsreams. These are usually corrected over time by firmware upgrades.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2005 at 07:47 AM by firewired »

Offline uvax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Packed bitstreams is only a minor problem. Since we're talking divx we can presume that most of the people running this have PCs as they are taking these files off the internet 8). It will only take a few minutes at the most unpacking a bitstream using a program like mpegmodifier and then burning it to disc. It's not like the QPEL and GMC incompatibilities of previous models where the only recourse is to reencode which can take a few hours.

Offline trulyscrumptious

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
hello
i was wondering how much is the LG? im really contemplating on whether i should
buy the Ganz Klar or Fukuda. But I am from Davao and I havent seen the
Divx-playing version of Fukuda. My sis told me that Makro sells Ganz Klar.
The Philips was my first choice but it costs about Php 6k++ and had bad reviews
in amazon.com (under dvp 642).

Offline p.dividdy2

• Collector
  • Galit Na Si Manoy!
  • Liked:
the philips 642 is now replaced by 5500.. on to the branded player forums!
PinoyBazaar - Shop Easy!
http://pinoybazaar.forumotion.com

Offline trulyscrumptious

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
i bought the MATRIX D880 divx xvid player (php2,790), i bought a whole lot of
avis, xvids and divxs and i tried fukuda(1,900) and matrix and matrix plays all
of my discs very well while fukuda kept pixelating.

the problem w/ the matrix is that sometimes it cannot read other dvds
like charlie and the chocolate factory or if it plays sometimes there
is no audio. it seems to be picky when it comes to dvds. :'(

anyway thats about it. to top it off i lost my receipt.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005 at 02:25 AM by trulyscrumptious »

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
There're ongoing discussions now on the new LG and Pioneer players. Checkout the threads in the 'Branded Players' area:
LG DK-9934N DivX-capable player
Pioneer DV-380/383/585/686 DivX-capable players

Reviews on the LG have been pretty good.

Having the Fukuda fixed will not upgrade the firmware unfortunately. Q-Pel support is really spotty when it comes to the ESS chipsets but the upside is that they support packet bitstreams out of the box. The Mediatek chipsets that Pioneer, LG and the new Philips models now use are considered superior to the ESS but they come with their own share of incompatibilities -- notably packet bitsreams. These are usually corrected over time by firmware upgrades.

I left my Fukuda 881 DivX Player at Anson's Galleria and also bought a Pioneer 383 DivX player.

Just wondering if the new Fukuda DivX Player w/ games and 2 x mic input is any good?

Anyone here who tried it already?

feedbacks pls. tnx! :)

Offline Jairus

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Same query here...any thoughts on the new Fukuda player?
B&W603 S3
Yaqin MC100B; Sony 337ESD; TRIO KP700 TT; MF VLPS

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I hate to say this but I'm staying away from Fukuda from now on. Our messenger was chatting with one of the service center people who admitted that while the 881 has nice features, sirain siya. I'm about to have mine repaired for the 3rd time -- which is really inconvenient. Considering that this is the player that my kids use, durability and reliability are critical features. I probably will pass it on next year and pick-up an LG or Pioneer unit.

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
I hate to say this but I'm staying away from Fukuda from now on. Our messenger was chatting with one of the service center people who admitted that while the 881 has nice features, sirain siya. I'm about to have mine repaired for the 3rd time -- which is really inconvenient. Considering that this is the player that my kids use, durability and reliability are critical features. I probably will pass it on next year and pick-up an LG or Pioneer unit.

Luckily it's still under warranty.  it took anson more than a month and still no news if it was repaired or not and offered me to pick another DVD player of my choice.  I chose NextBase NB-656 (the tiny white DiVX player) and added P300 (Fukuda orig price is 3,399 and NB-656 is 3,999).

It's relatively new and can't put in any reviews yet.  Anyone here tried the DivX 656 Model of Nextbase?

Offline [dcw]aaron

• DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
Ok ba ang FUKUDA?
« Reply #75 on: Jan 02, 2006 at 07:40 PM »
ok ba yung fukuda na dvd player sa makro wid divx feature na?
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline rossifumi46

• Collector
  • Liked:
i just came from ansons galleria and here are the fukuda models available:
divx 881a  2000php very simple walang led display ito
divx 880a 2200php 2.1 channel
dvd 702x 2450php 5.1 channel DTS daw
dvd 902gx 2600 5.1 channel with games daw DTS daw

according to them all these FUKUDA can play divx/mpeg4 nakalagay din dun sa manual... when i asked for an audition and i itred the ject button mejo napansin ko na manipis yung ejecting mechanism ng fukuda compared to my nextbase dvd 9000.

any comments on these models? your feedback very much appreciated.

so is it worth considering the new models that they have... from the feedbacks in this forum sirain ang 881a... how about thenew models like the 702x and the 902gx?

« Last Edit: Feb 09, 2006 at 12:30 PM by rossifumi46 »
feel the vibe, listen to the music, stir your soul

Offline natzki

• Apprentice
  • I'm a VIDEOGAMER
  • Liked:
last week i bought fukuda 702x sa makro for 1,899php... so far so good  ;D... burn test for a week and it seems ok..played all my dvds.  tried divx files, it played some and some are unsupported though i don't know what divx versions this player would play...hopefully this player would last :)

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
i just came from ansons galleria and here are the fukuda models available:
divx 881a  2000php very simple walang led display ito
divx 880a 2200php 2.1 channel
dvd 702x 2450php 5.1 channel DTS daw
dvd 902gx 2600 5.1 channel with games daw DTS daw

according to them all these FUKUDA can play divx/mpeg4 nakalagay din dun sa manual... when i asked for an audition and i itred the ject button mejo napansin ko na manipis yung ejecting mechanism ng fukuda compared to my nextbase dvd 9000.

any comments on these models? your feedback very much appreciated.

so is it worth considering the new models that they have... from the feedbacks in this forum sirain ang 881a... how about thenew models like the 702x and the 902gx?

Bought the Fukuda 902GX yesterday at makro for 1999.  I tried playing DTS discs but mukha hindi DTS capable 2 because everytime I push the DTS option, bumabalik sa Dolby digital lang.  But PQ is good. Medyo lousy nga lang ang remote nito, anliit.  Will try my divx collections ng ehem ehem if it will run it.
ALA EH!!

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
i bought the MATRIX D880 divx xvid player (php2,790), i bought a whole lot of
avis, xvids and divxs and i tried fukuda(1,900) and matrix and matrix plays all
of my discs very well while fukuda kept pixelating.

the problem w/ the matrix is that sometimes it cannot read other dvds
like charlie and the chocolate factory or if it plays sometimes there
is no audio. it seems to be picky when it comes to dvds. :'(

anyway thats about it. to top it off i lost my receipt.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I returned this particular unit sa Makro several times(2 replacements actually) after testing it at home.  There seems to be a flaw in the video output.  Parang me wavy like distortions comparable to interlacing signals na kitang kita sa Progressive scanning.  Replaced it with a fukuda 902Gx.
ALA EH!!

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Okay, since my Fukuda 881 is out of warranty, I opened it up to try to learn more about it. Found out that it's made by a company called  Hongkong Great Fortune Hi-Tech International Co., Ltd. Whew, that's a mouthful. Web site is http://www.shinvk.com/emain.htm.

Over the last several months, I've realized that the quieter generic players (like the Nextbase 656) all seem to be running without fans. The fan assembly of the 881 is a pathetic, extremely noisy little thing. On a whim, I took it out and used the player for several hours. Surprisingly, I didn't encounter any heat problems.

I re-assembled the unit without the fan and am now a happy camper. I'll let you know if it starts giving me heat issues in the future.
« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2006 at 02:58 PM by firewired »

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
I have noticed a strange output when playing some of my xvid/divx downloads on my Fukuda 902Gx.  Nauuna by about 2 seconds ang audio bago ang actual video(una salita).  When I play burned discs in my PC, ok naman.  What could be causing this?  I'm pretty new into the DivX and Xvid world kasi and all I do is download movies from the internet? Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006 at 08:35 AM by CocoBoy »
ALA EH!!

Offline avatar

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
does anyone know how to reset their fukuda dvd player to factory settings? (fukuda dvd-902gx). I accidentally selected p-scan option, so now i have audio but no video output. hope you guys could help me out. thanks

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
Meron nyan sa remote bro.  Bottom most right button press mo.  That toggles between pscan, svideo, interlaced, etc. ganyan din nangyari sa akin.
ALA EH!!

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
my 881's remote concked out on me. now I can't navigate through my divx discs.  ::)

any suggestions?

Nevermind, I repaired the darn remote myself.  ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006 at 01:06 PM by JojoD818 »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
How'd you fix it? If you have an old PDA lying around, I was going to suggest one of those TV remote apps that you can "train" to operate most devices.

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
How'd you fix it? If you have an old PDA lying around, I was going to suggest one of those TV remote apps that you can "train" to operate most devices.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a PDA. Shops in Raon are selling those "universal" remote for VCD/DVD at Php300 but without any guarantee that it would work with the 881 because Fukuda is not in the list of compatible devices.

So I went home disappointed but with a vengeance  ;D. I desoldered most of the components and checked them out of the board. I ended up replacing the transistor that controls the IR led and a capacitor.

And there it goes, working again and to my surprise it even works for more than 4 meters  ::)(before it only works for 3 meters).  ;D ;D ;D

Now I can navigate when I play those divX compilations. What a day.

8)

Offline fiddlers_green

• Collector
  • I am the king of gladiators!
  • Liked:

Any reviews of the newer models? Thanks in advance.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
Any reviews of the newer models? Thanks in advance.

Let me bump this query. :)

Offline spyke

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked: