Author Topic: Survivor Panama: Exile Island  (Read 10264 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Survivor Panama: Exile Island
« on: Jan 10, 2006 at 10:26 AM »
The contestants were announced today:

Survivor Panama: Exile Island (CBS)

They're now divided into 4 tribes - older men, older women, younger men, younger women.

Premieres Wednesday, February 2, 2006, 8:00PM on CBS.

So I'm guessing that'll be Friday, February 3, 2:00PM on Studio 23.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2006 at 07:09 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: Survivor Panama: Exile Island
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2006 at 11:19 PM »
Starts this week on Studio 23:

"Live" telecast Fridays at 2:00PM

Primetime Replay on Saturdays at 8:10PM.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 03:57 PM »
maybe it's just me but i think a 4-member tribe is just too small... less dynamics.

the challenges were interesting tho... boobs a poppin', cracks exposin' and blood flowin'. LOL.

and oh yeah... the "young gal" tribe is way HOT! LOL.  ;)

on of the old guys (steve?).. he's in the wrong reality show. he should've joined "cold turkey" instead. heh heh.  :-[

Offline pendrell

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 04:53 PM »
A little help here....

What does having been exiled in the Exile Island mean to the game? ???  That for every reward challenge, the losing tribe gets to pick among them who to stay in the island.... and then he or she gets to strategize and if lucky gets to find a big-advantage-to-the-game-immunity-idol on that island?  Is that person being punished there?  I'm thinking if an entire tribe loses in the challenge, why not have them all exiled there?  Besides, as the TV blurb goes: there's no food, no water, or fire over there in that island, so let them all suffer there altogether. Unless, there's something more to this Exile Island that will unravel with all the twists in this show as the game progresses.   My thoughts only, anyway. 

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 07:35 PM »
A little help here....

What does having been exiled in the Exile Island mean to the game? ???  That for every reward challenge, the losing tribe gets to pick among them who to stay in the island.... and then he or she gets to strategize and if lucky gets to find a big-advantage-to-the-game-immunity-idol on that island?  Is that person being punished there?  I'm thinking if an entire tribe loses in the challenge, why not have them all exiled there?  Besides, as the TV blurb goes: there's no food, no water, or fire over there in that island, so let them all suffer there altogether. Unless, there's something more to this Exile Island that will unravel with all the twists in this show as the game progresses.   My thoughts only, anyway. 

i think being chosen to go to the "exile island" reveals who the unpopular tribemates are. it gives viewers like us a glimpse on the pecking order... and people sent there are given a chance to stay in the game since a special immunity idol is hidden somewhere in the island.

BTW, if someone finds that "special immunity idol" and uses it before the game reaches final three .... the idol is placed back in the island. so it can be re-found and used repeatedly. (info courtesy of mr. hankey... heh heh.) ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2006 at 07:37 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 08:55 PM »
BTW, if someone finds that "special immunity idol" and uses it before the game reaches final three .... the idol is placed back in the island. so it can be re-found and used repeatedly. (info courtesy of mr. hankey... heh heh.) ;)

Here's the source of that:

"Like the 'Guatemala' series, there is a hidden Immunity Idol on the island that can be used to spare someone from being sent home at Tribal Council. The catch this time is that the possessor puts the idol into play after the ballots have already been cast and once the idol has been used, it is put back into play as it is returned to another hiding place on 'Exile Island'." - Canoe JAM! Television

Don't worry too much about the lack of dynamics due to smaller tribes. That changes very soon.  ;)

I've actually also read that in the future, more than one person at a time may be sent to Exile Island after a challenge.
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2006 at 09:10 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006 at 09:06 PM »
I've actually also read that in the future, more than one person at a time may be sent to Exile Island after a challenge.

i kinda expected that... i mean, if they meant for it to house just one person they should've called it "hermit island"... ;)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2006 at 02:05 AM »
I am gay but I notice that there is a lot of cleavage-showing in this first episode. Parang bumubulwak na sa mga bra nila.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 02:59 PM »
This was most interesting vote since Survivor 1, I think. It's usually 2 or at most 3 people receiving votes. This time 4 people received votes, and people within alliances were voting against each other!

I'm bothered with the way they're editing Terry, though. It's practically identical to the way winner Tom (the fireman) was edited in Survivor: Palau. Plus they seem to be the same type, demographically: early middle-aged WASP family man.

I hope he's not the winner, or this would be way too predictable this early on.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 03:03 PM »
ooooh... anyone have a clue what the twist next week will be?

shane annoys the hell outta me....  :-X

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 03:18 PM »
Aras annoyed the hell out of me. Bastos, arrogant white guy. I guess we Pinoys have deeper "respect your elders" values within us.

I think it's too early for Terry to use the hidden immunity idol - even if his team loses, I don't see them getting rid of him, so I'm guessing the tribal council twist will deal with alliance betrayal and adverse reactions to it.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 03:30 PM »
Aras annoyed the hell out of me. Bastos, arrogant white guy. I guess we Pinoys have deeper "respect your elders" values within us.

I think it's too early for Terry to use the hidden immunity idol - even if his team loses, I don't see them getting rid of him, so I'm guessing the tribal council twist will deal with alliance betrayal and adverse reactions to it.

oh don't worry... aras is a close second to shane... then followed by whiny courtney. i hope those three leave soon. LOL.

terry is really acting like the "alpha male" of the bunch... looks like the chances of him using the hidden imunity idol will be close to nil before the merge. (speaking of... shouldn't that be next week?)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 04:22 PM »
Shouldn't the twist be the tribe shuffle? Just a speculation.

Was really worried about the outcome of the immunity challenge. Buti na lang.

Casaya reminds me of Brian H.'s tribe in Thailand. I dread the time they could dominate during the merge. I have to admit that the dysfunctional alliance is a casting coup. What could be more entertaining than that? There's also Cirie! At least, we have a better Vecepia, under-the-radar yet scheming and wise-cracking.

I don't mind the way they edit Terry but if it were true,  it'd be interesting to see how he could win this.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 10, 2006 at 02:56 PM »
No wonder the ratings are an all-time low.

We are watching the tribe from hell lording it all. They won the reward/immunity challenge?!? I almost threw the TV out the window! It'd be a miracle if La Mina dominates the rest of the game.

If the show is on Wednesday in the US, does this mean we'd see it live on a Thursday at 2PM? Or, Friday again? No new episode daw 'till three weeks later. Good thing, there's TAR.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2006 at 02:57 PM by Reuven »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2006 at 01:49 AM »
Perhaps the final two are Cirie and Terry.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2006 at 10:05 AM »
No wonder the ratings are an all-time low.

Actually, I think the ratings are at an all-time low because the show's been airing against the results show of American Idol. That should change by the next new episode, since Idol results are now on Wednesdays in the States. But it's the least interesting season since "All-Stars," for me.

If the show is on Wednesday in the US, does this mean we'd see it live on a Thursday at 2PM? Or, Friday again? No new episode daw 'till three weeks later. Good thing, there's TAR.

Hard to call until we see a Studio 23 plug. "Historically" (naks!), the Wednesday night episodes aired on Thursdays here, but last year, the Wednesday episode still aired on Friday. So... we'll have to wait and see.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2006 at 01:27 PM »
saw the promo. they're airing the clip show live on Thursday at 2PM.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 11:18 AM »
New episode tomorrow.

It's been so long I honestly can't even remember who got eliminated on the last episode.  ;D

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 10:39 PM »
This installment should be sent to Exile Island forever. The rest of the survivors are either dumb or despicable except Cirie...
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2006 at 07:21 PM by Reuven Malter »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 02, 2006 at 01:21 AM »
I think Cirie may be one of the most clever no-alliance contestant ever.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2006 at 06:28 PM »
To each his own talaga. I can't stand Cirie, I think she's Ghandia II: The Revenge.

But I finally understand Terry's strategy. If he can continue his winning streak like Kelly Wiglesworth and Colby did in the past, by letting people know he has the hidden idol, he and Sally will at least last another 2 episodes, and the alliance will be forced to vote within their group of six, making some more likely to change sides when they realize the pecking order.

Let's see if Terry realizes that, too.  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Apr 09, 2006 at 08:14 PM »
Holy Week Alert:

Due to local customs, the only Philippine broadcast of this week's installment of Survivor will be on April 15, Black Saturday, at 8:00PM on Studio 23.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2006 at 08:14 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Apr 09, 2006 at 08:35 PM »
Holy Week Alert:

Due to local customs, the only Philippine broadcast of this week's installment of Survivor will be on April 15, Black Saturday, at 8:00PM on Studio 23.

ha! as if they'd actually start at 8:00PM. more like eight-ish, if you ask me ... BTW, what caused the 30-minute delay in last friday's live broadcast??

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Apr 09, 2006 at 08:47 PM »
ha! as if they'd actually start at 8:00PM. more like eight-ish, if you ask me ...

They might, since there's no regular programming, so commercials won't make shows go overtime. It's just the 12-episode Seventh Heaven marathon that precedes it. Is this back to English already?  :P

BTW, what caused the 30-minute delay in last friday's live broadcast??

They knew I set my timer a few minutes late.  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Apr 09, 2006 at 09:39 PM »
They knew I set my timer a few minutes late.  ;D

seriously???  :o ... LOL.  :P

i was counting for them to be on time since i had to leave at 1:45... and they effin' start at 1:30! aaaaugh!  :-X

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 11:47 PM »
So, how far do you guys think Terry will go?

I mean, at the very least, he's guaranteed a spot in the final 6 now. And if the rumors about next week's castaway departure are true, then he's actually in the final 5 already.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 11:13 AM »
At least, final four. Then, he might stumble on an immunity challenge that involves knowing about his fellow castaways.

Read somewhere that the ultimate survivor might be Danielle.

WTF?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Apr 21, 2006 at 06:14 PM »
And if the rumors about next week's castaway departure are true...

So the rumors were true. Poor Bruce. If this were "Pinoy Survivor," they'd probably have footage of Bruce hysterically crying, "It's not fair! I don't want to leave! Waahhhhh!" while Lauren Dyogi is shown comforting him...  ;D

If it isn't surgical, Bruce's condition looks like it was caused by electrolyte imbalances from their island diet. So an enema and IV solutions/incorporations will probably resolve the problem. If not though... what happens? The jury will be an even number in the end, hence a tie is possible. Will they bring Nick back in to prevent that?

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Apr 21, 2006 at 11:30 PM »
i've been hoping that the riotous Casaya tribe will crumble during the merge.  they don't get along at all but they still vote straight!!

slight spoiler below...

if she will be the ultimate survivor, i wouldn't mind...  with all the  b :o :o b  flashes that she has done...   ;D ;D

« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2006 at 11:34 PM by dni »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Apr 28, 2006 at 08:53 PM »
Best episode of the season. With what happened today, it's easier to imagine why you-know-who could have won based on some spoilers.

The mastermind of today's ouster may have succeeded in blindsiding the rest of the tribe but it may have cost him/her the game. Still, a satisfying episode.