Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother  (Read 195859 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Pinoy BIG BROTHER
« Reply #60 on: Aug 22, 2005 at 06:49 PM »
The Studio 23 daily broadcast is really boring. I thought they'd show an edited version of the past 24 hours. Apparently not.  :(

Sheesh... stuck waiting for the irregularly-timed ABS-CBN broadcast, then.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 at 06:49 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:42 AM »
Puwede bang si Toni na lang ang host 24/7? I really do not like the other woman. She is like the female version of Willie.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #62 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 10:33 AM »
1st episode impressions: the show seems badly edited...and all the housemates seem to talk at the same time. Uma seems gay, the way he wears that stupid headband, not that there's anything wrong with that, he seems to be the best male housemate to me so far. As for the girls, Say, Nene & Racquel seem ok.  ;D

They should defintely *change* Big Brother's voice--he sounds like a bored to death robot.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 11:03 AM »
mariel's not so bad... but you're right she needs a little more work in hosting a show like this. and she's a heck of a lot better than asia agcaoili. horrors!...  oh, and i like toni a lot but i nearly keeled over when she said "midRIB" instead of "midriff". LOL.

i feel so sorry for these gals when they are asked to do cheesy sketches... like the ones they did for the studio 23 specials on pinoy BB. LOL.

Offline Ek-ek

• Collector
  • Philatelist,Numismatist,Toy collector etc...
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:24 PM »
 ??? I do not know if this is true?

Mayroon daw isang male housemate na sumigaw after seeing a cockroach in the house????

This was posted in another forum?????

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 02:06 PM »
??? I do not know if this is true?

Mayroon daw isang male housemate na sumigaw after seeing a cockroach in the house????

This was posted in another forum?????

LOL, let me guess...his name starts with a "U"  :D

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 02:56 PM »
Hehehe yup siya nga yun, buti na lang hindi siya naka headband nung sumigaw kundi talagang obvious na talaga.  He's also the guy who believes in open relationships or being polygamous, he adds that it gives spice to a relationship, medyo ok rin yung mga sex talk nila pero inedit nga lang sa TV. hehehe

It seems to me that these housemates are getting more and more comfortable to a point they're already forgetting that they are on TV and being watched 24/7 on the Net.  First day pa lang ito may mga signs na na nagiging uninhibited yung marami sa housemates.  It will be exciting to see what will happen next. 

Medyo marami pang rough edges that need refinement sa technical side, like editing and sound quality, pati na rin ang scripting ng spiels ng hosts at pati mismo yung hosting, especially yung style ni Asia Agcoaili.  It's to be expected naman kasi nag-uumpisa pa lang, after a week magiging maayos na hopefully, lalo na sa second season.
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 03:03 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #67 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 03:44 PM »
saw a 30 minute "wrap up" of this at 1AM... never understood the premise of the show until I got the full explanation... no one can leave unless asked to... no clocks or watches... no tv, radio or any other electronic devices... no newspapers & magazines, just 1 book per housemate... grabe!! I would die of boredom with in the 1st week  :P ... You'll really be forced to interact with your housemates...

hehehe... the way I see it is parang nanonood ka ng Sims except someone else is playing...

A couple of the girls are very cute too  >:D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #68 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 04:33 PM »
Hehehe yup siya nga yun, buti na lang hindi siya naka headband nung sumigaw kundi talagang obvious na talaga.

Uma's "interview"/"favorites" on the official website are pretty... funny:

Describe yourself in three words:  Free-smart b**ch

Favorite movie: Quills

Favorite actress: Kris Aquino

;D

Anyway, the website is surprisingly well-updated, revealing things not yet on TV: Nene is already sick, and Rico & Chx have already hooked up. Who didn't see that one coming from the very beginning?  ::)
« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 04:34 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 05:56 PM »
Saw the second telecast last night, some of my cousins who were hooked on channel 7, now hooked on PBB. Some observations though.......the set looks like from a comedy sitcom, and the voice of Big Brother is very soft, not authoritative as it should be.......they should improve that.

Now I'm betting that channel 2 will bounce back in ratings via PBB. Nice try, although more improvements should follow.

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 07:32 PM »
Saw the second telecast last night, some of my cousins who were hooked on channel 7, now hooked on PBB. Some observations though.......the set looks like from a comedy sitcom, and the voice of Big Brother is very soft, not authoritative as it should be.......they should improve that.

Now I'm betting that channel 2 will bounce back in ratings via PBB. Nice try, although more improvements should follow.

Intentional talaga yung house na maging ganun yung look, I saw some clips and pics of Big Brother abroad, malaki ang similarities ng house nila with PBB's house.  The reason it look like a set of a sitcom is because the colors they used are bright or pastel in hues so that it will give more illumination to the set.  They also use a lot of ligths that were mounted on the ceiling kaya mukhang artificial ang dating ng lighting, very well lighted ang mga housemates para maganda ang register sa TV.  In addition to that the placement of the furnishings were carefully planned to give the cameras  better angles and create a natural blocking for the housemates.

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 07:53 PM »
Some vid captures of Pinoy BIG BROTHER. 

« Last Edit: Aug 23, 2005 at 07:59 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM »
I have friends who already know Uma. He is definitely gay. It is good that I have a chance hooking up with him. Heheheheh! >:D

I think the KUYA is Lauren Dyogi. He sounds really bored.

Offline piperstorm

• Apprentice
  • AMARE ET SAPERE VIX DEO CONCEDITUR...
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 03:40 AM »
Sabi ko na nga ba! I had a strong feeling that Uma is gay-- unang kita ko pa lang when the housemates were presented- para kasing masyado siyang pa-cute e medyo naman iba ang kembot.  >:D

Yung girl na liberated daw-- forgot her name- hindi natural ang kanyang mga sinasabi (she told the others na okay lang magtanong sa kanya ng kahit anong topic- very open daw talaga siya, etc)- tipong pa-I'm-a-sex-guru ang dating pero di naman bagay. Buti pa yung isang girl- yung nag-claim na siya ang chubby sa group- wala siyang kiyeme, di siya maarte (siya pa ang nagtanggal ng ipis sa sahig dahil mukhang titili na ang iba).

As for the guys, OA yung Bob- obvious na gusto talagang mag-artista (at ipinangalandakan pa!).

Hmmm.... mahaba-habang bantayan ito. :)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 04:02 AM »
"jumbo hotdog ... kaya mo ba 'to?
jumbo hotdog ... kaya mo ba 'to?
jumbo hotdog ... kaya mo ba 'to?"

;)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 12:38 PM »
Intentional talaga yung house na maging ganun yung look, I saw some clips and pics of Big Brother abroad, malaki ang similarities ng house nila with PBB's house.  The reason it look like a set of a sitcom is because the colors they used are bright or pastel in hues so that it will give more illumination to the set.  They also use a lot of ligths that were mounted on the ceiling kaya mukhang artificial ang dating ng lighting, very well lighted ang mga housemates para maganda ang register sa TV.  In addition to that the placement of the furnishings were carefully planned to give the cameras  better angles and create a natural blocking for the housemates.

OIC.

Our household is now hooked every night. Late na kami natutulog.  ;D As I've said before, channel 2 will leave channel 7 in the dust when the ratings come.  :D

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 01:30 PM »
The microphone in full view during confessionals is distracting.

Should the web site really be reporting events that haven't been shown yet? I know it's some form of blog, but I think it's better if those things are posted after that particular episode is shown (like Cass & Racquel's argument, for example--still to be shown tonight), so there's still an element of surprise even though the episodes are taped.
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2005 at 01:33 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 04:16 PM »
Madali lang yan, kung ayaw mo ng spoilers like me, just stay away from blogs like that. hehehe

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 07:19 PM »
more vidcaps!  ;D

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 07:48 PM »
has anybody tried to subscribe to the 24/7 live feed? do you have access to all the cameras?  >:D

thanks...
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2005 at 07:49 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 09:05 PM »
has anybody tried to subscribe to the 24/7 live feed? do you have access to all the cameras?  >:D

thanks...

yung isang friend ko nagsubscribe ng 1 week. sabi nya hindi ka makakapili kung anong camera ang gusto mong i-view. bale yung live feed is switching among all the cameras in the house.

hehe, sayang, hindi pwede nakababad sa CR cam or Room cam  >:D

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 09:34 PM »
ganun ba... >:(
trip ko pa naman mag-subscribe...  ::)
thanks for the info...  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2005 at 09:34 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 10:35 PM »
ganun ba... >:(
trip ko pa naman mag-subscribe...  ::)
thanks for the info...  ;D

Sige na! Subscribe na kayo!

Para naman gumanda yung bonus namin this Christmas ;D ;D ;D

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 10:50 PM »
subscribe ako if I can choose which camera to access...   :D
di pa nakakahilo if your views are switching?  what if I want to focus on someone or something (like the CR cam   >:D >:D >:D).
« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2005 at 02:16 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 11:21 PM »
Tonight's episode was hilarious--the sight of Uma and Franzen begging for Big Brother's forgiveness while Uma was in his undies and Franzen in full body paint mode made me laugh out loud. Franzen's body paint performance was also hilarious, as well as his frank question kay Big Brother about what if he has to answer the call of nature, and added the tagalog word for it. LOL!  ;D

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 12:52 AM »
Tonights episode is really good, nakaka-touch yung story ni Rico at nung GF niya, Rico was actualy crying in bed after looking at the picture of his gf on his bedside table and he was clutching the yellow stuff toy she gave him while he's at it.  This is turning out to be a soaplike reality show.  Uma and Frazen's dilemma on how to answer their call of nature while their hands are tied up was hilarious lol.  Uma's little tantrum against Big Brother is also amusing hehehe.

I was viewing the Live Net feed of PBB today, I was suprised to see nudity, I think they were playing some sort of game, the penalty was tanggalan ng underwear, I don't know exactly what it was all about I just saw two of the guys running naked coming from the pool, their butts can be seen while they're covering their privates. lol  It's getting wilder.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 12:53 AM »
The microphone in full view during confessionals is distracting.

Should the web site really be reporting events that haven't been shown yet? I know it's some form of blog, but I think it's better if those things are posted after that particular episode is shown (like Cass & Racquel's argument, for example--still to be shown tonight), so there's still an element of surprise even though the episodes are taped.

i must've blinked pretty long... because i only catch the 30 minute dailies at 9:30pm... and i didn't catch this argument. (all i saw was uma throwing a tantrum.)  >:D

it's so weird that a guy would provide the first real touches of drama in the house... i thought the interview with rico's ex was a bit tacky. LOL.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 01:05 AM »
hmm...i think Rico is too "OA" or ma-drama. i mean get over it, dude! pa-awa effect ka lang yata.

Uma & jologs king Franzen are still my bets for the male housemates.

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 01:42 AM »

Offline dorian_gray

• DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Aug 25, 2005 at 01:46 AM »
Rico is just like a boy crying over his spilled milk. It does not affect me. Nababaduyan ako.

Franzen has what it takes to win--he does not ruffle his feathers and he just observes. At the same time, hindi siya maarte.

Don't you have screenshots of Uma in the nude? >:D