Author Topic: NAD CD Player  (Read 109010 times)

Offline yukon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:NAD CD Player
« Reply #30 on: Oct 03, 2003 at 01:48 PM »
Same here, interested din ako sa C541i or C542...

RPM sir,  ;)  pag may nakita kang ganitong model, please do PM me also... gaya mo, gusto ko rin ma-enjoy tong model/s na 'to...

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 30, 2003 at 03:39 PM »
guys, how much is a NAD C521i/ C541i CD Player? sino mga dealers?
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2003 at 06:38 PM by audioslave »

Offline yukon

• Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 31, 2003 at 08:30 AM »
guys, how much is a NAD C521i/ C541i CD Player? sino mga dealers?

the 521i, i think, is around 13k while the 541i is around 17-18k... we only have the C521i in the Philippines right now... as for the C541i, out of stock lahat nang dealers... nabaliw na ako kahahanap nitong 541i wala talaga.   ;D ;D ;D

good thing is, --- napa-rotel pa tuloy ako. heheh  ;D ;D ;D

try asking redkoji, he is the distributor here.
« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2003 at 01:34 PM by yukon »

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 01, 2003 at 12:36 PM »
thanks yukon. I settled for C521i na lang. Di na rin ako nakapaghintay hanggang March 2004. I think it's better getting it now while there are available stocks. Yung display na nga lang nakuha ko eh. Fast moving talaga. BTW, where did you get your Rotel CD Player? anong model and how much?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Nov 11, 2003 at 11:41 AM »

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 28, 2003 at 10:21 AM »
Its official already, we shall introduce the C542 by next year na by March na po ng 2004. Price is estimated at Php22K.

hi - totoo bang mapapa aga ang dating ng 542? meron na ba?
money is best spent

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 01, 2003 at 04:46 PM »
Sorry Sir, the T542 will be tentative launching month is February

Offline rpm

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Dec 02, 2003 at 01:02 PM »
Malaki ba ang difference (audio quality) ng 521i at 542 or 541i, hdcd disk or not.  I do not know if I could still wait for the 542, the rotel cdp is beyond my budget. If the difference is negligeble I might as well go for the 521i.

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #38 on: Dec 09, 2003 at 02:33 PM »
Nad 521 owners or dealers, pwede bang ma home audition sa Makati condo ko? I am not sure kasi if there will be improvement from my pcdp. I auditioned the 521 against a dvd player and definitely masmabilog ang bass ng 521.

Please email me if this is possible.

[email protected]

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Dec 09, 2003 at 05:05 PM »
Sorry Sir, the T542 will be tentative launching month is February

hi, how about the 521bee? will it be available in the Phils?

ty
money is best spent

Offline Audioboy

• DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2003 at 05:07 PM »
hi, how about the 521bee? will it be available in the Phils?

ty

iceman,

i was told by pj tuico from studio system that the c542 cdp will be out by late november. redjoki stated in his last post that what will be coming out on february is the t542. i hope both of you are talking the same banana. ;D

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 11, 2003 at 08:30 AM »
iceman,

i was told by pj tuico from studio system that the c542 cdp will be out by late november. redjoki stated in his last post that what will be coming out on february is the t542. i hope both of you are talking the same banana. ;D

OO nga ano???

eh di dapat pala may nakikita na ako ngayon na NAD C542 CD player sa mga tindahan (ayan malinaw na)

Mr Redkoji - meron na nga bang NAD C542 na CD player available?

thanks Julsp168!
money is best spent

Offline Audioboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2003 at 10:20 AM »
no prob bro. ;)

Offline Gino

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Audiophiliac
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2003 at 03:18 PM »
I called the Nad distributor and yes, talagang 1st quarter 2004 pa ang labas. projected price as of the moment is P22k.

Offline Sauron Cookie

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Build me a cookie worthy of my army!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 18, 2003 at 02:21 AM »
I recently auditioned the 521bee and the 542 in singapore.  For the price diff, go with the 542, fuller sound. By the way, fyi, both come in titanium finish.  :)

But, i ended up with neither   ;)

Offline yukon

• Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 18, 2003 at 12:56 PM »
I recently auditioned the 521bee and the 542 in singapore.  For the price diff, go with the 542, fuller sound. By the way, fyi, both come in titanium finish.  :)

But, i ended up with neither   ;)

how much are those players sir?...
by the way, 521bee is, i think, only 20-bit...

Offline Sauron Cookie

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Build me a cookie worthy of my army!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2003 at 01:26 AM »
how much are those players sir?...
by the way, 521bee is, i think, only 20-bit...

I only remember the exact price of the 542, it was S$590 for the titanium finish (USD1=S$1.68). The price diff vs the 521 wouldn't have been more than S$150, but then again, i may be mistaken.  Sorry, the 521 wasn't in my list that's why i don't remember the price. I was able to audition both because it was part of the sales guy's pitch.

I think the local price when it comes out here wouldn't be too far off though. But if you're in a rush, source it from singapore now.  What's so nice about singapore stores is that they'll advise you how to bring it in without getting taxed by the local customs :)

Offline yukon

• Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 19, 2003 at 11:42 AM »
I only remember the exact price of the 542, it was S$590 for the titanium finish (USD1=S$1.68). The price diff vs the 521 wouldn't have been more than S$150, but then again, i may be mistaken.  Sorry, the 521 wasn't in my list that's why i don't remember the price. I was able to audition both because it was part of the sales guy's pitch.

I think the local price when it comes out here wouldn't be too far off though. But if you're in a rush, source it from singapore now.  What's so nice about singapore stores is that they'll advise you how to bring it in without getting taxed by the local customs :)

that'd be around PhP20k... Studio Systems predicts it at PhP22k when it comes in 1st quarter of 2004.  hhhmmmm.

Offline Audioboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 19, 2003 at 05:53 PM »
that'd be around PhP20k... Studio Systems predicts it at PhP22k when it comes in 1st quarter of 2004.  hhhmmmm.

good luck pre! hope to hear the nad 542 in your system soon. ;D

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 06:51 PM »

Official price of the C542...P20,000

Offline yukon

• Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 19, 2004 at 11:36 PM »
Official price of the C542...P20,000

official price... what about the official intro to Philippine Market?...

redkoji, may ETA ka na ba dito?...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 20, 2004 at 10:55 AM »
As per last transmittal with NAD, the shipped ETA will be February 27

Offline kimpao

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman-gulaman!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 03:21 PM »
how about the 521 BEE's ETA?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 03:42 PM »
ETA also is Feb 27

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 08:01 PM »
As per last transmittal with NAD, the shipped ETA will be February 27

I heard only a few units of the NAD c542 are arriving this weekend. I already reserved one unit thru PJ of Studio Systems. Hopefully next week ma-deliver na :)
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2004 at 10:03 PM by aeris30 »

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2004 at 05:07 PM »
shipment of the C542s will be arriving next week.... PJ said I can get my NAD C542 by Friday next week.... so that would be March 12.... it's so sad to part with my reliable C521i but I can't wait to lay my hands on this C542 which is said to have an improved low frequency slam and extension...   :P
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2004 at 08:40 PM by audioslave »

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Mar 13, 2004 at 09:02 PM »
Finally, audioslave and I got our NAD c542 from Studio Systems yesterday thru PJ...my initial impression...paired with the NAD c320BEE...it's worth the long wait ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2004 at 09:52 PM by aeris30 »

Offline Mika

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 14, 2004 at 09:17 AM »
Finally, audioslave and I got our NAD c542 from Studio Systems yesterday thru PJ...my initial impression...paired with the NAD c320BEE...it's worth the long wait ;D

bro,

i know its not even broken-in yet, but kindly post more details on how it sounded to you.   ;)

cheers,
 8)

Offline audi0slave

• DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
Re:NAD C542 CD Player
« Reply #58 on: Mar 14, 2004 at 09:29 AM »
My first CD Player was a NAD C521i. Unfortunately, because I love this gear so much - I decided to let it go to let the new C542 mystify my senses. For awhile, I've been using my Pioneer DVD Player to play my CDs during the interregnum when I was waiting for the availability of the NAD C542. This apparent void in my system prompted me to itch for the C542 by the passage of day. Inasmuch as owning a NAD C542 is a big leap from my present entry-level DVD Player, I immediately noticed remarkable improvements, both aesthetically and sonically. The C542 is a notch higher model than my previous C521i and equally smartly built based on NAD's signature of simplicity and superb technology.

Except for the HDCD decoder LED that I now see on the faceplate, the all-familiar battleship grey color on its casework is still immaculate although the new model now sports a rounded or circular corners on the front plate. The inside mechanism of its moving parts audaciously stands out with remarkably silent operational feel. The C542's sonic character is one that exudes desirable qualities like superb fidelity letting you enjoy more dynamic range, precised imaging, focused soundstage and extremely natural vocal and musical timbre - being an HDCD equipped player. It is like akin to inserting a WS Tono Preamp between the source and the amp whereby the previously faint or unheard of reproduction suddenly becomes alive and readily discernible. As reviewed by its maker - the C542 is boasting in low frequency slam and extension with timbral accuracy and lucid harmonic structure of its predecessor, the C541i.

This is a player that I would like to settle with for keeps and enjoy over time or until an itch to upgrade to a higher model would, once again, become an incessant craving. I don't profess to be an expert in evaluating audio gears but certainly I wouldn't be contradicting my pair of ears when I say there is little much to be desired in its lucid and clean resolution. Compared to Rotel's RCD 1070 and Exposure's 2010, the best sounding CD Players that I've heard so far, this player doesn't quite rise to the heights of the better models I've mentioned above. Nonetheless, the C542 can recreate the full richness and detail of any recordings, though it may lack the expressive dynamic range of the 2010 and the punch and thump of the 1070. Few noticeable flaws which may not be perceptible to others with better ancillary equipment can be described as being nearly bright and occasionally harsh but these weakness can be solely attributed to my weakest link -  the lesser endowed Pioneer A-405 amp. With proper coupling using better interconnects and cables, one can expect plenty of aural experience from the C542. By and large, the C542's overall signature can well be categorized as a good all-rounder CD Player with capability to play a wide variety of music types without slump in overall sonic quality.

As an example, Fleetwood Mac sounded so alive in "Dreams" while my favorite Style Council track "You're The Best Thing" is much like reminiscing the happier moments in life. Steely Dan's "Hey Nineteen" reminded me a lot of my good ole days while listening to "Pieces" by Patricia Barber is so involving. Diana Krall's "Look of Love" simply made me aware of her virtuosity as a pianist while at the same time letting me visualize how seductive she was in that music video of the same title. Playing my reference Chesky CD "The Ultimate Demonstration Disc", the C542's resolving prowess is an epitome of excellence in Rebecca Pidgeon's "Spanish Harlem". Some serious audiophile would say, the first upgrade we should mind to care is to make the most out of our source - based on the time-honored principle of  "trash in - trash out". No matter how good our amp can be, aural fantasy simply begins and boils down to how proficient our source can decode, colorize and convey those signals to our amp's input.

Inasmuch as the C542 was christened by the ever reliable NAD, a Canadian firm advocating affordable but musically superior audio gears, this CD Player is warmly recommended.

Associated Equipment:
NAD C542 CD Player -> Quantum DIY interconnects -> Pioneer A-405 Integrated Amp -> Soundstream 12AWG generic speaker cables -> Mordaunt-Short 914

CDs played (so far):
Chesky's Ultimate Demonstration Disc, Rebecca Pidgeon- The Raven, Diana Krall - The Look of Love, Patricia Barber - Verse, Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits, Style Council - Collection, Steely Dan - Then and Now, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits

:-*

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #59 on: Mar 14, 2004 at 09:47 AM »
hey audioslave!

congrats on your new toy! 8)

ENJOY!

superman 8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium