Author Topic: NAD CD Player  (Read 108625 times)

Offline dvdspike

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • The truth in the music is in your hearing!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NAD CD Player
« Reply #540 on: Mar 31, 2012 at 09:59 AM »
Yes it is. The c565bee just happens to be a better choice imo, as it can also work as a standalone DAC if you so desire. Aside from this, you get customizeable filtering, selectable upsampling, and a nice skip dial.

The new c546bee that replaces the c545bee got some trickle down tech from the c565bee.

546 looks like a cool choice is it available locally? Otherwise 565 is the way to go pricey tho, thanks for the tip Sir  :)
I BELIEVE IN HORN TECHNOLOGY

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #541 on: Apr 01, 2012 at 02:37 AM »
546 looks like a cool choice is it available locally? Otherwise 565 is the way to go pricey tho, thanks for the tip Sir  :)

Wow may USB input na din pala ang 546. Very interesting, but I'm guessing there would be a price increase too. If that is the case, I'd still go for the 565  ;)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 600
« Reply #542 on: Apr 01, 2012 at 01:32 PM »
Bibili na yan si Master Gerard. C375 + C565 daw

Offline Fernan19

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Dreams Never End
  • Liked:
« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2012 at 03:02 PM »
Hi Guys,

Want to ask some inputs from you,

What NAD CD Player is compatible with NAD 326BEE?

Thanks and More Power
Marantz PM6006
Marantz CD6006
B&W 685 S2
Technics SL1200
Pioneer SA 7800ii

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #544 on: May 20, 2012 at 06:24 AM »
Guys, i'm using NAD c515BEE and very satisfied with performance. Unfortunately, the remote control is now faltering. There are some keys that don't work anymore. Can it still be repaired? If yes, saan po kaya pwede? Meron ba mabibilihan ng replacement remote control? Can you point me to a shop/store?

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: May 20, 2012 at 06:57 AM »
Guys, i'm using NAD c515BEE and very satisfied with performance. Unfortunately, the remote control is now faltering. There are some keys that don't work anymore. Can it still be repaired? If yes, saan po kaya pwede? Meron ba mabibilihan ng replacement remote control? Can you point me to a shop/store?

Try asking HiFi Plus kung replacement remote hanap mo, baka meron sila. It shouldn't cost too much since basic remote lang naman yung sa C515BEE. For repair, try mga celphone repair tech baka kaya nila.

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #546 on: May 21, 2012 at 05:34 AM »
Try asking HiFi Plus kung replacement remote hanap mo, baka meron sila. It shouldn't cost too much since basic remote lang naman yung sa C515BEE. For repair, try mga celphone repair tech baka kaya nila.

Thanks bro for the info. BTW where can i find HiFi Plus? Baka may number ka? TIA ;)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #547 on: May 21, 2012 at 09:55 AM »
Thanks bro for the info. BTW where can i find HiFi Plus? Baka may number ka? TIA ;)

Hi-Fi Plus (Asia) Inc.

531 A. Flores St., Ermita, Manila, 1000
Tel: (+632) 526-3831 or 526-5541
Fax: (+632) 526-2679
www.hifiplusasia.com

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #548 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 04:32 PM »
I was browsing through the forum to look for a thread on NAD CD players, as I'm thinking of getting one in the future.

Stumbled into this thread, and from 2004 onwards (which is as far back as I backread), it's been mostly  complaints about the NAD CD players not being able to play particular discs, or all discs for that matter, or really poor customer service. Whew. Might have to look at other brands.

Maybe the happy users of NAD CD players can post a bit more, or is there no such person? ;-)

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #549 on: Mar 16, 2014 at 08:12 PM »
I was browsing through the forum to look for a thread on NAD CD players, as I'm thinking of getting one in the future.

Stumbled into this thread, and from 2004 onwards (which is as far back as I backread), it's been mostly  complaints about the NAD CD players not being able to play particular discs, or all discs for that matter, or really poor customer service. Whew. Might have to look at other brands.

Maybe the happy users of NAD CD players can post a bit more, or is there no such person? ;-)

I owned a NAD C 515BEE and never had a problem with it playing any disc from Original, burned and those being sold sa tabi tabi.. BInenta ko kasi i'm not using it much as im more into digital file than collecting CD's i only have about 14 CD in my collection and 10 of those are just burned copy.. No problems playing.. 4 of those CD's that i owned are original pero tirahan sya ng scratches.. again no problem playing those..
Walang Setup

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: Mar 27, 2014 at 08:47 PM »
Reviews of the NAD C516BEE

from CNET:

I get asked this question a lot: "Does anyone still make great-sounding affordable CD players?" Sure, most of the major brands do, but only NAD currently offers a large slate of players starting with the $300 C 516BEE, and it's a honey.

Before we go any further I want to first clarify why I'm reviewing a CD player in 2013. Despite the naysayers the CD isn't "dead," far from it. Music lovers are still buying hundreds of millions of CDs every year. Download sales just barely surpassed sales of physical music (CDs, LPs, and so on) in 2012. So if you own a bunch of CDs and listen to them at home, investing in a decent CD player would be a wise move. The format may be old, but it uses 100 percent uncompressed (data), fully equal if not superior to FLAC or Apple Lossless files.

More here -->http://www.cnet.com/news/why-a-bee-cd-player/

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: Mar 31, 2014 at 10:27 PM »
To the current owners of NAD CDP, what audio output do you use - analog or digital (coax/optical)?

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #552 on: Apr 02, 2014 at 07:48 AM »
To the current owners of NAD CDP, what audio output do you use - analog or digital (coax/optical)?

I guess the answer will depend if the owner has a better external DAC than the builtin DAC of NAD. If you have a receiver then it all boils down on which sounds better to you.(Using the DAC of the receiver which you connect it Digitally or Analog which uses the DAC of the NAD)..
Walang Setup

Offline Lynn

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:41 AM »
any user her ng 326 and 525? any reviews?
NAD 326/Creek 4040 s2
MA RX1 / SVS SB12NDS
Victor XL Z531 K2

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #554 on: Dec 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM »
I owned a NAD C 515BEE and never had a problem with it playing any disc from Original, burned and those being sold sa tabi tabi.. BInenta ko kasi i'm not using it much as im more into digital file than collecting CD's i only have about 14 CD in my collection and 10 of those are just burned copy.. No problems playing.. 4 of those CD's that i owned are original pero tirahan sya ng scratches.. again no problem playing those..

good morning.

i enjoyed my 515 for two years then after that, it became choosy.  it displays "no disc" or "no data", i can't remember between the two.

I texted Rex the other day and he said matibay naman ang nad cdp and maganda ang after sales service ng distributor.

just sharing.   :)

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #555 on: Dec 16, 2014 at 12:55 PM »
good morning.

i enjoyed my 515 for two years then after that, it became choosy.  it displays "no disc" or "no data", i can't remember between the two.

I texted Rex the other day and he said matibay naman ang nad cdp and maganda ang after sales service ng distributor.

just sharing.   :)

Ive had my NAD cdp (515) for almost 4 years now - and I must say that it is used (still being used) and ABUSED.

Choosy na sia and minsan, binubuksan ko na para I manual na Ikot ung cd tas play, then oks na sia. hehehe... :D

Same issues - No disc or disc error.

when it finally gives up - time for an upgrade :)
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline luis

• DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: Dec 17, 2014 at 09:55 AM »
Ive had my NAD cdp (515) for almost 4 years now - and I must say that it is used (still being used) and ABUSED.

Choosy na sia and minsan, binubuksan ko na para I manual na Ikot ung cd tas play, then oks na sia. hehehe... :D

Same issues - No disc or disc error.

when it finally gives up - time for an upgrade :)

planning to get cd 546 pa naman  :-\

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: Dec 17, 2014 at 08:31 PM »
planning to get cd 546 pa naman  :-\

Ako naman, emotiva....

If budget permits, line magnetic :)
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline luis

• DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
« Reply #558 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 01:30 PM »
Ako naman, emotiva....

If budget permits, line magnetic :)

na curious tuloy ako, iba ba talaga tunog pag medyo pricey?  do you get what you pay for?   :-\

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 03:16 PM »
na curious tuloy ako, iba ba talaga tunog pag medyo pricey?  do you get what you pay for?   :-\

In my experience....

For high ticket items - Sometimes yes, more often than not - NO.

After a certain price point (The bang for buck items), the law of diminishing returns start to apply. You have to pay premium for small increments of improvement.

In my exp, this thing starts at >30k peso mark.

Say for example the NAD c515bee. Is it good? Absolutely (for the price), is the 565bee twice as good because it's twice the price? it's definitely better but maybe not TWICE as good as the bang for buck 515bee.

OT - Comparing the Cayin cdp sa Nad - what are your thoughts on these sir?

Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline luis

• DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 03:30 PM »
In my experience....

For high ticket items - Sometimes yes, more often than not - NO.

After a certain price point (The bang for buck items), the law of diminishing returns start to apply. You have to pay premium for small increments of improvement.

In my exp, this thing starts at >30k peso mark.

Say for example the NAD c515bee. Is it good? Absolutely (for the price), is the 565bee twice as good because it's twice the price? it's definitely better but maybe not TWICE as good as the bang for buck 515bee.

OT - Comparing the Cayin cdp sa Nad - what are your thoughts on these sir?

cayin cd50t and marantz cd6004 i have, SQ is the same, mas malakas lang bumuga yung marantz.  srp ng cayin 30k while 6004 25k.  yung 5k difference sa price not audible he he he he...   ;D

Offline meat_eater

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #561 on: Dec 18, 2014 at 03:52 PM »
cayin cd50t and marantz cd6004 i have, SQ is the same, mas malakas lang bumuga yung marantz.  srp ng cayin 30k while 6004 25k.  yung 5k difference sa price not audible he he he he...   ;D

Ay talaga? walang "tube character"? hehe

From what I know, buffer lang talaga ata yung 12au7, unlike dun sa cd15/17 ata..... I could be wrong on this though....
Bite Hard and SHAKE