Author Topic: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store  (Read 89048 times)

Offline oddbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now Open: PinoyDVD Online Store
« Reply #120 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 10:42 PM »
hi guys.

I just pucrchased a few minutes ago and almost immediately i received an email informing me that order status is : "payment failed"

Now what does that mean? Should I try again? Won't i be charged twice if ever i do so? help?

thanks.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #121 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 11:15 PM »
Currently, these banks are... Insular Savings bank...

Are there still Insular Savings Banks? I had accounts with two separate ISB branches, Makati and Kamias, and they both converted to Citibank Savings earlier this year. Would those converted accounts work?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 11:38 PM »
Hi oddbit.  By now, I guess you must have already received an email from Yespayments asking you to check with your bank.  Even then, the payment failure can be due to a number of reasons of which PinoyDVD.biz is not privy to.  I don't think even our payment gateway knows what the exact cause of a failed transaction is due to as this is kept confidential by the issuing bank.  I suggest you try again, taking note of the credit card details.  If it returns a failed transaction notice, we advise our customers, as a matter of procedure, to check with the customer services group of the issuing bank.  As you may have already been advised by Yespayments, your account is never debited during a failed payment transaction.  if you have more questions, you can also write to [email protected].
Official spokesperson for PinoyDVD.biz

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 05:06 PM »
Are there still Insular Savings Banks? I had accounts with two separate ISB branches, Makati and Kamias, and they both converted to Citibank Savings earlier this year. Would those converted accounts work?

Thanks Mr. Hankey.  Your query above was actually a revelation for us.  MegaLink PORT just confirmed that Insular Savings Bank was indeed acquired by Citibank Savings.  Unfortunately, this resulted in the delisting of Insular, and consequently Citibank Savings, from the MegaLink Consortium.  I was hoping that your accounts would have been MegaLink PORT enabled still. Anyway, thanks again.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 05:29 PM »
would www.bancnetonline.com a possibility in the future?
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 05:48 PM »
would www.bancnetonline.com a possibility in the future?

We will definitely look into this.  Thanks Dowals.

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 06:27 PM »
you may want to consider BPI or Expressnet as well, this has a wide network.  ;)

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 07:07 PM »
you may want to consider BPI or Expressnet as well, this has a wide network.  ;)

There's no denying the network coverage of Expressnet, notably BPI.  How we wished we could link up with their system.  Anyway, we made initial checks (online, that is) on BPI and found no available option for online payments processing.  We are done with our online integration with MegaLink PORT so that should give us more time to sit down with BPI.  Thanks for the suggestion ranran.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 10:55 PM »
OT:
  Prudential Bank.

Prudential Bank is now part of BPI, isn't it.  And probably no longer part of Megalink, since accounts are now converted to BPI yata...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 08:17 PM »
Sir, sent you PM. Will appreciate reply ;D

Thanks a lot
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 09:41 AM »
Where are the FILIPINO dvds at Pinoydvd.biz?

Would love to see some hard to find titles. Like Tuhog and some of the Sampaguita / Regal Platinum DVDs.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #131 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 10:54 AM »
PinoyDVD.biz is still in talks with Viva. As soon as something materializes, I'm sure Randy will post an update here.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #132 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 11:51 AM »
While they're at it, maybe they can find out who supplies mag.net with those Cinefilipino.collection DVDs like Manila By Night, Cain at Abel and other rare films you can't find at your nearby Astro/Video City/Odyssey branches. That would be a real coup, since hard-to-find titles were the initial hook that got me to shop online when I first discovered the now defunct reel.com - back before Amazon carried DVDs.

Wow, I just realized that I've been shopping online for a really long time now!  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2006 at 11:53 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 03:31 PM »
Someone mentioned that the Cinefilipino titles in Mag:Net are supplied by Unitel locally. Internationally, they have an online store that sells the same titles at much higher prices. Randy may not agree with me but that's probably the reason why they won't be so hot on PinoyDVD as a retail channel.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Oct 02, 2006 at 07:15 PM »
I just received today the updated list of banks under the MegaLink PORT system. These are Asiatrust Bank, Bank of Commerce, International Exchange Bank, GE Money Bank, Maybank, and Union Bank.  techdude was right.  Prudential was acquired by BPI and is no longer part of the  MegaLink PORT consortium. 

Changes also included the renaming of Keppel Monte Bank to GE Money bank and the successful migration of  all accounts of the former to the MegaLink PORT System.  I was told that by January, International Exchange Bank accounts will be merged with Union Bank Accounts relative to the PORT.

I'm still awaiting for further details on the re-activation of EPCI Bank, UCPB, and PNB.

On another note, we are indeed seriously looking to carry Filipino titles since one of our primary goals is to bring these DVDs to Pinoys all over.  Once we finalize arrangements, we will announce it here.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #135 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 12:00 AM »
Sir randyv I'm eagerly awaiting news on Viva releases (Fox & Disney).  Para completo na!!!

;D

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 12:53 PM »
me too pls update us all when Viva titles are available!  ;D

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Oct 03, 2006 at 11:44 PM »
First order placed Sunday. Arrived today! In good packaging...

GOOD WORK!

8) 8) ;)

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Oct 04, 2006 at 01:21 PM »
bro hem: i look up to you as an inspirational trendsetter, mind if i ask what titles did you get?  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Oct 05, 2006 at 12:26 AM »
thanks dowals. i ordered Bandwagon, Before Sunrise/Sunset, Everything is Illuminated, The Island and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Mura pa ng Shipping. Cool!

Missed Bullit though.

8)

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Oct 06, 2006 at 04:30 PM »
Thanks hem. been eyeing a couple from warner also.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Oct 18, 2006 at 12:46 PM »
As part of our ongoing efforts to satisfy the different requests of customers and potential customers at PinoyDVD.biz, we will soon offer bank deposits to our account as a 3rd payment option.  The designated bank would be Banco De Oro.  Considerations are basically BDO's online facility (for our effective monitoring) and reach (potential reach, that is).  Once they merge with EPCI, they would be among the top 3 in terms of the most  number of branches of banks in the Philippines.  The rollout for this option would take place before the month ends.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 01:09 PM »
We added yesterday 80 Magnavision titles to our catalog.  Another 50 to 100 Magna titles are due for delivery tomorrow and these should be available by mid next week.  Currently, we're only acquiring the imported DVDs.  By imported, I'm referring primarily to the disc.  We'll carry the budget versions soon after we've completed building up our catalog on the imported ones.  Barring any hitches, we should be done with the imported DVDs by end  November. ;)

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #143 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 01:48 PM »
We added yesterday 80 Magnavision titles to our catalog.  Another 50 to 100 Magna titles are due for delivery tomorrow and these should be available by mid next week.  Currently, we're only acquiring the imported DVDs.  By imported, I'm referring primarily to the disc.  We'll carry the budget versions soon after we've completed building up our catalog on the imported ones.  Barring any hitches, we should be done with the imported DVDs by end  November. ;)

sir, is it possible for pinoydvd.biz to send thru email dvds on stocks and prices as well as upcoming dvds?

thanks

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 04:49 PM »
sir, is it possible for pinoydvd.biz to send thru email dvds on stocks and prices as well as upcoming dvds?

thanks

Hi Oloap. New releases (together with their respective prices) and coming soon titles are "normally" included in our regular newsletters.  As for the other information, this can only be found in pinoydvd.biz.  If you really want, you can write to [email protected] to request for the complete listing of available titles from time to time but I suggest that you just refer to the site for your query.  By year's end, we should have more than 1,000 titles in our catalog already and that long list will keep on getting longer and longer.  In the long run, the available filters in the site will prove to be more efficient for searches.  Thanks.

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 10:32 PM »
Hi Bank deposit will be a great, but hope you have a mechanism on how to defferentiate deposit one from deposit two, if say they are for the same amount... As the business grows, those kinds of same amount/different buyers are inevitable...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #146 on: Oct 19, 2006 at 11:16 PM »
That wouldn't be a problem.  Each successful deposit is assigned a unique transaction number different from other deposits even with an equal amount.

So probably a prospective buyer will give the bank details of his/her deposit.

Offline randyv

• Collector
  • Online Shopping Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 12:01 AM »
That wouldn't be a problem.  Each successful deposit is assigned a unique transaction number different from other deposits even with an equal amount.

So probably a prospective buyer will give the bank details of his/her deposit.

You are very right DVD_Freak.  We will require some details from the depositor to ensure the accuracy of the deposit.  Note that one of the considerations for choosing BDO is their online banking facility.  This will allow us to cross check the deposit details provided by the depositor and the details appearing in our account.  At .Biz. we are very conscious of process controls so that customers and their transactions are protected.  But please, suggestions are most welcome anytime. Thanks.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 01:31 AM »
One more thing, The bank deposit route is a semi-automated process at best which is being offered as a convenience for buyers without Visa/Mastercard credit cards and Megalink accounts. BDO will allow the online store to track deposits at the branch level but as a precaution, the customer has to update his order via an e-mail trigger. The system then validates the transaction and sends an e-mail confirmation for the deposit.

For the record, PinoyDVD.biz still prefers payments via credit card and/or ATM accounts. Hopefully they'll be able to offer Paypal soon.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2006 at 08:11 AM by firewired »

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 07:30 PM »
For Sir Randyv:  I just pre-booked the 2-disc Superman Returns (with comic book) at pinoydvd.biz.  However, after clicking on the "Prebook Now" button, there was no indication that the transaction was successful -- it just went back to the site's front page. 

I think this also happened when I prebooked the Da Vinci Code a few weeks back.  Since I was not sure if what I did is correct, I repeated the process.  I found out later through an email from your end that I made two prebookings. 

Because of this, is there any possibility of having a confirmation page to indicate that the transaction was successful?