Author Topic: Please give me the title of this movie  (Read 1215 times)

Offline #1movie fan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Please give me the title of this movie
« on: Jun 21, 2006 at 06:40 AM »
Hello to all the experts here, I'm just new to this community and like you an avid fan of pinoy movies, hope the respected members here will help me to know the title of this movie which I remember starred charito solis playing as an abandoned mother who have to work in  taho or tokwa factory as her children neglected her played by Rez Cortez, Tricia Gomez and Alma Moreno, i'm not sure in the first two but i'm sure with alma when she ended up as a prostitute and it is still Charito who help her to be taken to hospital as she was sick....the ending was when all her children gathered in her barong-barong on her birtthday... it was really a tearjerker for me but that's all I can remember.....any ideas guys?

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
Re: Please give me the title of this movie
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 08:19 AM »

Offline #1movie fan

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 05:12 PM »
Thanks baby but I dont think thisis it as I don't recall Lorna T in this movie.... Sir De Vera sid it might be mga hayop sa damo but he still look into this..... Can we still find this movie???

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 05:17 PM »
I didn't try buying any local movies released in dvd's.  Not that I'm not supporting the local film industry.  But I think you can still get one. :)

Offline #1movie fan

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21, 2006 at 05:47 PM »
‘Classic Na, Orig Pa’ film fest starts today

First posted 10:06pm (Mla time) June 20, 2006
By Bayani San Diego Jr.
Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on Page A2-1 of the June 21, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

AWARD-WINNING movies from the past and digital works from last year’s Cinema One Originals are featured in the “Classic Na, Orig Pa,” a film event starting today till Sunday at SM Megamall and SM City Manila.

The film festival commemorates the 12th anniversary of Cinema One, ABS-CBN’s cable movie channel.

Acclaimed movies in the cable channel’s catalogue are in the lineup—Ishmael Bernal’s “Salawahan” and “Manila by Night,” Laurice Guillen’s “Salome” and Peque Gallaga’s “Oro, Plata, Mata.”

Commercial hits

Also in the list are commercial hits like Rory Quintos’ “Anak,” headlined by Vilma Santos; Joey Gosiengfiao’s camp classic “Temptation Island,” starring Dina Bonnevie; and Frank Gray Jr.’s “Omeng Satanasia,” topbilled by Dolphy.

These three films are stored in the ABS-CBN Archives, according to Ronald M. Arguelles, Cinema One director of programming.

Apart from the archives, Arguelles said he tapped other sources for the festival. 

“From (filmmaker) Mike de Leon, I got copies of Lamberto Avellana’s ‘Portrait of an Artist as Filipino’ and Lino Brocka’s ‘Maynila sa mga Kuko ng Liwanag.’” He also sought permission to include “Intramuros: The Walls of Hell,” the work of three National Artists for Film.

“Gerry de Leon and Eddie Romero directed and Fernando Poe Jr. starred in this World War II movie,” Arguelles said.

He also got permission to include another Brocka film, “Bona,” from Nora Aunor, its star and producer.

Arguelles related: “We tried to secure a video copy from the Cinematheque Française, with the help of Roger Garcia and Pierre Rissient.” (Garcia is a Hollywood producer who has supported indie filmmakers like Raymond Red and Rico Ilarde, and Rissient is credited for introducing Brocka to Cannes.)

“But the video copy did not arrive on time, so we are using the best available video copy we have locally,” Arguelles said. The copy is owned by a fan of Aunor’s.

Sad reality

“The sad reality is that film prints of these movies are not available,” said Arguelles. “For example, we cannot use our print of ‘Omeng Satanasia’ because the moviehouse projector might ruin it. Instead, we converted Betacam copies into DVD for projection on theater screens.”

Products of the first Cinema One digital film festival—Mark Gary’s “Sandalang Bahay,” Liza Cornejo’s “Sitak,” Topel Lee’s “Dilim,” Sigfried Barros Sanchez’s “Ang Anak ni Brocka,” Dennis Marasigan’s “Sa North Diversion Road” and Jon Red’s “Anak ng Tinapa”—are also having a return engagement during the five-day festival.