Author Topic: why is pirated not allowed to be in discussed here? query?  (Read 7765 times)

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
bat ba hindi allowed ang discussions ng pirated na dvds here?

nagtatanong lang po ako?

meron bang payola sa moderator/s ang mga local dvd companies?

o

para ma promote ang mga originals na for sale ng moderators?

o

ayaw niyo talagang mabenta ang mga pirated para bumagsak na at mawala na ang mag knock offs?

o merong taga videogram regulatory board na moderator?

moderators, wala akong galit sa inyo, curious lang ako......

i only want to know the reason?

no pun intended

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: why is pirated not allowed to be in discussed here? query?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006 at 08:39 AM »
pasingtabi lang po sa mods.  just had to get my 2 cents in.

i guess, to entertain pirated materials here is like advocating it's legitimacy.  which sort of goes against the collector mentality.  i think a good example would be something like this, you collect authentic pieces of artwork.
would you include reproductions in your collection?  in my case, definitely not.  does that make any sense at all? ???
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 at 08:44 AM by d45nu65+3R »

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006 at 10:02 AM »
No need to push something if the gracious host of this site has particular guidelines that all members have to follow.  Everyone is  to follow certain guidelines and of course proper decorum ::)

As for [email protected]'s query, I don't think there is no direct or indirect inclination of such kind from our moderators. They are very nice people whom a number of us have known through the years even before dvd copies profilerated locally. So hopefully your query are taken on that basis alone and not a start of any flame wars that doesn't really accomplish anything at all...

Disclaimer: I don't have any qualms about having both originals (up to the expensive collector's sets from amazon.com, etc) and non-originals (from the very depths of the Q, MCS and even Jakarta... I have them both (period).

There are always other forums where such things are welcomed and can be posted, one just have to follow what is appropriate and the norm for each board. Anyway, things whether they be about legits or copies or even divx rips,  are just a google away whether we like it or not...  :o

Peace... and Cheers!
 ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006 at 10:12 AM by jackryan »

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006 at 10:42 AM »
There used to be an open DVD Piracy discussion threar somewhere, but I guess masyado mainit yung topic (at yung palitan ng members, if I remember it right) kaya sinara. Anyway, I think it's not taboo naman to discuss piracy; wag lang i-discuss kung saan nakukuha.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006 at 11:09 AM »
Perhaps the best reason why not to discuss pirated discs is the lack of standards. Unlike legitimate manufacturers, quality varies from one pirated disc manufacturer to another. Also, the propensity for vendors to mix and match labels makes it impossible to specify which pdvd manufacturer to get. Also, discussions on pirated dvds somewhat legitimizes the trade and equates them with legal dvds. For example, we might taking about the dts track on Monster's inc R3 release when somebody might reply that the dvd has a poor DTS mix. It turns out that he was talking about a pirated dvd copy with a dolby digital track converted into a DTS track.

Offline Kahon

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hmpppp!!!!
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006 at 12:52 PM by Kahon »