Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 535156 times)

Offline reclamation

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • "Dream Big, Start Small"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #4170 on: Dec 01, 2018 at 11:46 AM »
Try to factory reset the unit sir

Na factory reset ko na sir

ayaw mawala yung headphones icon sa screen nia kaya siguro hindi nia na detect yung speaker

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #4171 on: Dec 01, 2018 at 12:02 PM »
How can i set the onkyo nr 676 to display the audio signal being played? The dolby atmos txt on the display panel shows when i press the audio button on the remote but it returns to the default display showing the connected device as in “stream box/ bd/dvd/aux” etc.

ganun talaga si Onkyo.. need to press "Info" button from the remote to show the audio info (sasabay din dapat sa TV meron mas marami overlay info) -- then babalik kusa sa Input info sa display LED at mag-disappear na overlay info sa TV

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4172 on: Dec 04, 2018 at 04:20 PM »
ganun talaga si Onkyo.. need to press "Info" button from the remote to show the audio info (sasabay din dapat sa TV meron mas marami overlay info) -- then babalik kusa sa Input info sa display LED at mag-disappear na overlay info sa TV

So it seems i cant solve it. Gusto ko pa naman naka display lang ung "DOLBY ATMOS" habang nanonood because it seems to give me happiness.  ;D

BTW, ano ba ang receiver na forever naka-display ung audio? Thanks
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4173 on: Dec 04, 2018 at 04:57 PM »
^
Onkyo: those hi-end AVR's with a 2-line display shows both the audio being decoded and the source

Denon: for 1-line display AVR's, it displays side by side both the audio being decoded and the source i.e. Media player, Blu-Ray, TV, etc
            for 2-line displayAVR's, same with Onkyo

Yamaha: IIRC, it displays only the audio being decoded.  via Info button, I think it'll toggle display the DSP or audio after-processing function (if you are using one) and the source

i may be inaccurate.  masters, please correct me if I'm wrong =))

Offline reclamation

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • "Dream Big, Start Small"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4174 on: Dec 04, 2018 at 07:19 PM »

Any recommended ONKYO technician na nag home service?

Pa comment nalang mga boss

Thank you

Offline popejerico

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4175 on: Dec 10, 2018 at 07:35 PM »
Where to buy Onkyo 686 receiver remote replacement?

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4176 on: Dec 16, 2018 at 02:13 AM »
i'm selling my 2017 NR474 acquired Aug2018 AVR.

thought of the current FW I have, I checked Onkyo's ASEANA/International website.  learned that I missed the Aug2018 update -- my current was as of June2018 update.

and so I proceed with the update.  after successful completion in a few minutes, I checked the current FW version to see if it matches the one latest from the ASEANAwebsite -- which always happen after my previous updates.

but not this time.  it seems the current version # is much higher than the one indicated.  I searched the Onkyo FW version only to know that it got the one announced for EU.  it has both the announced in ASEANA Aug2018 update (Deezer HifI) and EU unknown date (Amazon Music, same with the Shield TV) new features.

happy to know that I got the 2 features on a 1-time FW update.  I think ASEANA website would get updated of announcement too, soon!

happy Onkyo AVR unit owner here =))

Offline stratix2

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4177 on: Dec 26, 2018 at 11:41 PM »
@mhacman you owned RZ720 before and now selling your 474, are you upgrading or moving to the darker side (whatever brand it is :-) ? 
How long have you had the 720 as I am looking at the 820 right now to try out to drive my Studio20's?
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4178 on: Dec 28, 2018 at 06:56 PM »
^ sir @stratix, I've had my RZ720 for almost a year and able to sell it here in PDVD =))  very happy with the 720, in fact!

medyo may kwento kasi the reason I got the 474 after selling the 720 -- I needed immediate funds that time.  after selling the 720, my friend thought of the 474 5ch capable of 3.1.2 so it's virtual surrounds in that sense but very effective for heights/ATMOS/DTS:X.  he's still to put up his HT that time and he asked me to use it in the meantime.  later on, he changed his mind. so hindi na niya ako binayaran sa abono ko ng AVR hehe  okay lang naman since ako din naman gumamit since day 1 =)

RZ720 and NR474 uses the same amplification and DAC -- though RZ series is more powerful and may be using more premium parts and some added functions not present in NR series.  for my purpose and use-case, I find them in the same tune as I'm using the same speakers set that I have.

this time around, I'd planning to pursue a different path -- yes, it may be another downgrade path but not necessarily (and hopefully not) towards the darker side of movie HD-audio experience hehehe

good luck and congratz with your RZ820 sir!  ganda nyan and it's even more powerful than my previous 720.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2018 at 06:57 PM by mhacman »

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4179 on: Dec 29, 2018 at 03:26 AM »
Sir mhacman, good luck on the new adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4180 on: Dec 29, 2018 at 03:28 AM »
Just happened to have read this and for everyone in the thread that has experienced or is experiencing HDMI issues with their Onkyo, there is a recall notice in the attached URL.

https://globalsupport.onkyo.com/support/solutions/articles/6000122207-customer-care-program-for-loss-of-audio-network-connection-issue-

Ends December 31st so better check with local dealer on the details.

Onkyo TX-RZ820
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline ti

• Collector
  • Team JuanClick
  • Liked:
« Reply #4181 on: Jan 16, 2019 at 06:57 AM »
mga sir.. not sure kung naitanong na ito dito. i have 626, ang speaker naman is AN.. now iniisip ko kung oks lang na bilhan ko na lang si 626 ng  video speaker like kevler.. para magamit ko sa videoke.. condo naman kami kaya mahina lang. at naka set naman yung Volume setting ko sa   75% lng..thanks

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

" POVERTY deprives me of some unnecessary things in life. "

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4182 on: Jan 16, 2019 at 07:43 AM »
Where to buy Onkyo 686 receiver remote replacement?
You can try Lazada. Onkyo remote replacement is available. Bought the remote since the volume controls  in the original remote is not working anymore. Other functions works also in the replacement remote.

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4183 on: Jan 16, 2019 at 08:22 AM »
Just happened to have read this and for everyone in the thread that has experienced or is experiencing HDMI issues with their Onkyo, there is a recall notice in the attached URL.

https://globalsupport.onkyo.com/support/solutions/articles/6000122207-customer-care-program-for-loss-of-audio-network-connection-issue-

Ends December 31st so better check with local dealer on the details.

As preventive measure better install heat sinks on the three ICs in the HDMI board, and fan on top to prevent overheating.

Offline [joms]

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4184 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 08:41 AM »
Mga sir, anong amp brand ba ang the best if i will use it 100% for movies via netflix? I only have 5.1 setup and I have no more space to expand or put new speakers (masters bedroom kasi). I dont care about the music quality (since i wont use it for audio). However, i sure like it to have new features/technology like airplay 2 and perhaps voice command. (not sure if I like the wireless speaker feature - HEOS and the like)

Should i go for Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, etc?  Thanks
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #4185 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:41 AM »
Mga sir, anong amp brand ba ang the best if i will use it 100% for movies via netflix? I only have 5.1 setup and I have no more space to expand or put new speakers (masters bedroom kasi). I dont care about the music quality (since i wont use it for audio). However, i sure like it to have new features/technology like airplay 2 and perhaps voice command. (not sure if I like the wireless speaker feature - HEOS and the like)

Should i go for Onkyo, Denon, Pioneer, etc?  Thanks

It's an Onkyo thread so expect the recommendations to be leaning towards Onkyo. ;)

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #4186 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 04:25 PM »
Nasira Onkyo ng opis mate ko, sinisingil ng 11k sa repair.

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #4187 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 10:44 PM »
anong model?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4188 on: Jan 21, 2019 at 11:57 PM »
anong model?

Onkyo 454 bro.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #4189 on: Jan 22, 2019 at 09:24 AM »
Onkyo 454 bro.
Isn't that about half the cost of a new one?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4190 on: Jan 22, 2019 at 10:43 AM »
Isn't that about half the cost of a new one?

yup, kaya pull out nalang repair.

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #4191 on: Jan 22, 2019 at 08:46 PM »
Onkyo 454 bro.
bili na lang bago bro miski yung 373 kung enough na sa kanya.
around 15k sa listening room.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4192 on: Jan 23, 2019 at 09:11 AM »

saan siya nagpa-diagnose, bro?  ano daw sira?  mahal din ha, 11K both parts & labor na ba yan?

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4193 on: Jan 23, 2019 at 10:22 AM »
saan siya nagpa-diagnose, bro?  ano daw sira?  mahal din ha, 11K both parts & labor na ba yan?

board daw eh, yes 11k both parts & labor.

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4194 on: Jan 23, 2019 at 10:23 AM »
bili na lang bago bro miski yung 373 kung enough na sa kanya.
around 15k sa listening room.

nadala sa Onkyo bro, bumili ng Denon 1500X.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4195 on: Jan 23, 2019 at 02:46 PM »
^ kung habol naman din niya mag-update ng current features -- pwede na.  baka it's called for narin.

ilang taon na daw ba Onkyo niya (what model)?  Just curious, bro... tia!

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4196 on: Jan 23, 2019 at 04:34 PM »
^ kung habol naman din niya mag-update ng current features -- pwede na.  baka it's called for narin.

ilang taon na daw ba Onkyo niya (what model)?  Just curious, bro... tia!

Onkyo 454 bro..2yrs mahigit lang.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4197 on: Feb 05, 2019 at 08:59 PM »
I finally replaced my Onkyo 608 with and Onkyo 686. I took home a Marantz NR-1609 for a week and then I got the Onkyo 686 to compare. Honestly I could have lived with the Marantz though the remote control of the amp would annoyingly turn on my Cambridge integrated amp. So I had to reach for the Cambridge remote to turn it off before I could start watching movies.  :P

While the Marantz has less power than the Onkyo (50 watts compared to 100 watts) they were good enough to drive my Klipsch speakers to loud levels. The Audyssey of the Marantz was a little more sophisticated than the AccuEQ of the Onkyo. However the default sound of Audyssey MultEQ had boosted midrange and rolled off highs. It made my Klipsch speakers lose their identity. You could change the Audyssey EQ setting to "Flat" insted of "Reference" to gain back the high frequencies though this setting sounded a bit harsh. The AccuEQ gets it right by "keeping" the sound identity of my Klipsch speakers and it also "flattened" the bass response of my subwoofers.

I also contemplated on getting the Denon avr-x2500h though this costs about 8k more than the Onkyo.

Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #4198 on: Feb 05, 2019 at 09:48 PM »
I finally replaced my Onkyo 608 with and Onkyo 686. I took home a Marantz NR-1609 for a week and then I got the Onkyo 686 to compare. Honestly I could have lived with the Marantz though the remote control of the amp would annoyingly turn on my Cambridge integrated amp. So I had to reach for the Cambridge remote to turn it off before I could start watching movies.  :P

While the Marantz has less power than the Onkyo (50 watts compared to 100 watts) they were good enough to drive my Klipsch speakers to loud levels. The Audyssey of the Marantz was a little more sophisticated than the AccuEQ of the Onkyo. However the default sound of Audyssey MultEQ had boosted midrange and rolled off highs. It made my Klipsch speakers lose their identity. You could change the Audyssey EQ setting to "Flat" insted of "Reference" to gain back the high frequencies though this setting sounded a bit harsh. The AccuEQ gets it right by "keeping" the sound identity of my Klipsch speakers and it also "flattened" the bass response of my subwoofers.

I also contemplated on getting the Denon avr-x2500h though this costs about 8k more than the Onkyo.

Congrats and good luck on the Onkyo sir :)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4199 on: Feb 05, 2019 at 11:06 PM »
Congrats and good luck on the Onkyo sir :)

Thanks bro!
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60