Author Topic: Battle Royale 2 (3 Disc Edition)  (Read 7482 times)

Offline nixenzo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • D'oh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Battle Royale 2 (3 Disc Edition)
« on: Jun 01, 2006 at 06:03 PM »
(Please merge if needed) Yes, this DVD is finally out after months and months of waiting. Personally, I don't want to get this release, as I am not a big fan of the sequel. This DVD has three discs, the first one containing the Original cut of the film, the second disc containing the extended cut, and the third one with special features. The films are in Anamorphic widescreen and has english subtitles. This is an R2 UK PAL release. I just do not know yet if this release has PAL speed-up (Main reason why I didn't buy the first movie's UK release). Just posting in case someone else wants to know. It comes in two versions, one with a slipcase and a Limited Edition Tin with senitype and booklet. I do not know if it is going to go out of stock easily, though. Few people liked the movie.

Pics from mentalmatt of battleroyalefilm forums:

« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2006 at 10:48 PM by nixenzo »
Librarian

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Battle Royale 2 (3 Disc Edition)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 02:27 AM »
found this BR2 in cd-wow. looks the same with the one posted above but why is it labeled as region 0  ???

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2006 at 02:37 AM by RNIverson »

Offline nixenzo

• Collector
  • D'oh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2006 at 11:26 AM »
found this BR2 in cd-wow. looks the same with the one posted above but why is it labeled as region 0  ???

I've also noticed that some sites are listing this as an R0 release, pero yung iba R2 daw.  ???
There is a possibility that this is an R0, because the first film's SE was released in R0 too. But, other than that, I'm not sure. Ironically, I did get the first movie's UK 2-disc release...sale kasi sa HMV  ;D
Librarian

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 02:30 PM »
i own the region 0 special collectors edition released by toho and its the best release ever...is this relese from toho itself, like my extended director's cut?

Offline nixenzo

• Collector
  • D'oh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 09:07 AM »
i own the region 0 special collectors edition released by toho and its the best release ever...is this relese from toho itself, like my extended director's cut?

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with any Toho release. :o The DVD below was released by Tartan in the United Kingdom. Sir, is your release familiar with any of these:

http://battleroyalefilm.net/video/db2.html

If not can you give us details? Maybe its a new release. For me the best release is the Tartan, but the limited edition lacked PAL Speed-up, so there was a lot of ghosting. :(
Librarian

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2006 at 10:25 AM »
searched last night and found out that all of the 3disc tin release were r2 and from tartan, except for the r0 i found in cd-wow (which is way cheaper than r2). i already emailed cd-wow to confirm if it was really r0 and from which studio is it from. i'll post their answers as soon as i have it.

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 11:37 PM »
malamang yung  sa cd-wow ang kapareho ng battle royale ko..........................................................isa lang naman ang region 0 release at toho ang nagrelease nun....................................at yun ang company/studio ng battle royale sa japan. at yun ang original! dahil toho ang may release.....di lang licensed!
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2006 at 11:38 PM by [email protected] »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 08:34 AM »
i see, thanks for sharing sir. is the pq good enough even its region0? can you post actual pics of the set? TIA

Offline nixenzo

• Collector
  • D'oh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 02:21 PM »
malamang yung  sa cd-wow ang kapareho ng battle royale ko..........................................................isa lang naman ang region 0 release at toho ang nagrelease nun....................................at yun ang company/studio ng battle royale sa japan. at yun ang original! dahil toho ang may release.....di lang licensed!

Did you mean Toei? I still cannot find anything about a Toho release. I thought Toei never releases R0 DVDs, most of the time, they only produce R2, plus no english subs.

I'm conf-used  ???
Librarian

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 08:41 AM »
days after asking cd-wow about their region0 BR2, the link i posted no longer works. still waiting for an answer from them...