Author Topic: Denon A/V Receivers  (Read 345625 times)

Offline paxs

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Denon A/V Receivers
« Reply #2280 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 02:57 AM »
while your HKTS11B has it's own sub, you may use it together with the mentioned front bookshelves -- while listening to music.  without sub, i believe they'll still sound great providing good mid-bass on music.

better to audition them for your taste =))   
Sir Mhacman narinig ko na po ung polk..ok na ok po pasok po sa budget..may mga tanong po ako first nagauditioned po ako ng mga speakers with amps.narinig ko po ung HK avr161 5.1 amp with this HKTS11B1 Daming explanation ng salesman amperes versus wattage,kesyo ang harman daw bumabase sa balanse ng ampheres etc..,nung narinig ko na po..boom! sarap na sarap po ako sa tunog,smooth ang sound kahit po mahina buong buo na hindi ko maintindihan.totoo po ba un or depende na lang sa set-up nila un? 2nd..inoffer naman po sakin with HKTS11B pa din with DENON AVR X1200W na..,kaya pa naman po ba ng HK tong denon na to? and may kamahalan po ba ung dolby atmos speaker enabled? noob question po ulit sensya na.. iniisip ko po din kase since investment ko na din kaya willing po akong magdagdag ng kunteng cash para sa masmalupit na amp ( HINDI KO NA PO ALAM GAGAWIN KO ). salamat po sa maipapayo nyo at ng ibang magbibigay ng payo
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2016 at 03:15 AM by paxs »

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #2281 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 03:19 PM »
hi, paxs.

personally, i'll check my listening area and the manner how will I use my HT system.  if you're okay not to set it TOO loud and you think the small satellites HKTS11B will satisfy you, then go for it.  =))

as for the AVR, would you think you'll also move to playing phono's/LP's in the future?  If yes, get an AVR with phono input.  some mid-entry Onkyo AVRs have this.

But if not, I would also personally suggest Denon X1200W.  if they have X1300W, then better.  go future proof with ATMOS/DTS:X.

as for the front ATMOS speakers, use 1 pair from the HKTS11B for your ATMOS heights or top-middle.  install them on your ceilings pointing down toward your listening spot.  then buy another pair of mid-sized fronts, like how I suggested the Polk or the Def Tech.  but note, there are some more decent mid-sized bookshelves to choose from. search/audition ka pa ng iba..

so there, you have the complete set 5.1.2 instantly.  mas malaki pa fronts L/R speakers mo to satisfy your 2ch music listening.

PDVD masters, please help guide us for more inputs as well.  =)

Offline paxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2282 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 04:43 PM »
hi, paxs.

personally, i'll check my listening area and the manner how will I use my HT system.  if you're okay not to set it TOO loud and you think the small satellites HKTS11B will satisfy you, then go for it.  =))

as for the AVR, would you think you'll also move to playing phono's/LP's in the future?  If yes, get an AVR with phono input.  some mid-entry Onkyo AVRs have this.

But if not, I would also personally suggest Denon X1200W.  if they have X1300W, then better.  go future proof with ATMOS/DTS:X.

as for the front ATMOS speakers, use 1 pair from the HKTS11B for your ATMOS heights or top-middle.  install them on your ceilings pointing down toward your listening spot.  then buy another pair of mid-sized fronts, like how I suggested the Polk or the Def Tech.  but note, there are some more decent mid-sized bookshelves to choose from. search/audition ka pa ng iba..

so there, you have the complete set 5.1.2 instantly.  mas malaki pa fronts L/R speakers mo to satisfy your 2ch music listening.

PDVD masters, please help guide us for more inputs as well.  =)

Good Day Sir mHac!
Well noted about the avr's..ill go for X1200W, And for the HKTS11B speaker sir..i think this is not atmos enabled, or maybe i just don't know,lahat po ng ng speakers eh pwedeng magamit sa atmos? And sir based on what you suggest about the 2 speakers to install on the ceiling..are these different set-ups?how can i know if the speakers on the ceiling is working for atmos? sorry noob question again sir, sensya na ang dami kong tanong..gusto ko po talagang matutunan to lahat.

Salamat po and god bless.

Offline tein

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sound and Vision Home Entertainment 0917-5160808
  • Liked:
« Reply #2283 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 05:59 PM »
Any speakers will work as Atmos speakers, make sure to position it properly. (In-Ceiling / Bookshelf speakers)

Offline tein

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sound and Vision Home Entertainment 0917-5160808
  • Liked:
« Reply #2284 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 06:01 PM »
Need lang ng custom mounting if you're going to use bookshelf type or satellite for Atmos. Sa Japan binbutas nila yun bookshelf speakers. To mount it sa ceiling pointing to the seating position, here saatin I don't think we can risk drilling our speakers.

Offline paxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2285 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 06:07 PM »
Any speakers will work as Atmos speakers, make sure to position it properly. (In-Ceiling / Bookshelf speakers)

Good Day Sir Tein!

Salamat po sa input nyo..dami kong ng natututnan.. may tanong pa po ako..ung TV ko sa Pinas..wala pong ARC..Mapapagana ko pa po ba tong gears ko sa Tv ko? meron lang sya 1 HDMI port, 1 usb port,1 composite inputs saka 1 digital audio port. TOshiba lang po ng 40" ..40L2400EE model lang po kase.. to follow na lang po ang pagpapalit =).

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2286 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 06:13 PM »

+1

this is true.  ATMOS-enabled speakers are those specially-designed speakers placed on top of floor standing speakers or shelved to bounce off the ceiling and to your listening position.  but they costs more.

Need lang ng custom mounting if you're going to use bookshelf type or satellite for Atmos. Sa Japan binbutas nila yun bookshelf speakers. To mount it sa ceiling pointing to the seating position, here saatin I don't think we can risk drilling our speakers.

you could also use appropriate pinpoint brackets =)) both for bookshelves & satellites either wall-mounted or ceiling mounted.  so if you choose to use a pair of your HKTS11B satellites for ATMOS heights =)

Offline paxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2287 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 06:19 PM »
+1

this is true.  ATMOS-enabled speakers are those specially-designed speakers placed on top of floor standing speakers or shelved to bounce off the ceiling and to your listening position.  but they costs more.

you could also use appropriate pinpoint brackets =)) both for bookshelves & satellites either wall-mounted or ceiling mounted.  so if you choose to use a pair of your HKTS11B satellites for ATMOS heights =)

Very much appreciated for the feed backs sir, now the problem is my TV=) as i can remember it doesn't support arc. ano pong dapat kong gawin.

Thanks in advance.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #2288 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 06:24 PM »
Very much appreciated for the feed backs sir, now the problem is my TV=) as i can remember it doesn't support arc. ano pong dapat kong gawin.

Thanks in advance.

sell your TV and buy a new one with ARC

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2289 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 06:29 PM »
Good Day Sir Tein!

Salamat po sa input nyo..dami kong ng natututnan.. may tanong pa po ako..ung TV ko sa Pinas..wala pong ARC..Mapapagana ko pa po ba tong gears ko sa Tv ko? meron lang sya 1 HDMI port, 1 usb port,1 composite inputs saka 1 digital audio port. TOshiba lang po ng 40" ..40L2400EE model lang po kase.. to follow na lang po ang pagpapalit =).

pwedeng-pwede po.

padaanin mo lahat ng HDMI output ng gears mo (set-up box, media player, game console, bluray/DVD player, etc.) sa AVR's HDMI input.  then you'll need 1 HDMI cable to output AV signal from AVR to your TV's HDMI input.

I disable the ARC function with my TV.  I believe ARC is to simplify digital cabling (eliminating additional audio cables to video monito/TV) and to enable volume control of your home theater using single remote: either the TV's or AVR's remote.

on your case when you watch a movie/TV and play game (w/o ARC), there will be no sound on TV.  but that's the purpose of buying this HT system, di ba?  to enjoy it all in pure surround audio =))

Offline paxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2290 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 08:00 PM »
sell your TV and buy a new one with ARC

Yes sir mbtorn to follow po ahehe salamat po sa response.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2016 at 08:02 PM by paxs »

Offline paxs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2291 on: Sep 23, 2016 at 08:03 PM »
pwedeng-pwede po.

padaanin mo lahat ng HDMI output ng gears mo (set-up box, media player, game console, bluray/DVD player, etc.) sa AVR's HDMI input.  then you'll need 1 HDMI cable to output AV signal from AVR to your TV's HDMI input.

I disable the ARC function with my TV.  I believe ARC is to simplify digital cabling (eliminating additional audio cables to video monito/TV) and to enable volume control of your home theater using single remote: either the TV's or AVR's remote.

on your case when you watch a movie/TV and play game (w/o ARC), there will be no sound on TV.  but that's the purpose of buying this HT system, di ba?  to enjoy it all in pure surround audio =))

Ok po sir mhac! salamat po ng marami! god bless po.

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2292 on: Oct 20, 2016 at 03:55 PM »
^ for this thread =))

updates as well:
- ARC feature is fully working on my DENON without any hiccups vis-a-vis my 4yr old LG LM6200 model -- using a hi-speed HDMI v1.4a cable.

- been able to successfully upgrade firmware for my X1300W -- now DTS:X enabled

- but yet I need to find time to fully test it this weekend (or next long weekend)
     -  will use my new Sony Android TV via KODI -- this is to determine if SONY + KODI can pass-through/bitstream the DTS-HD MA (hoping the same will do with Dolby ATMOS) 8ch audio data

- per partial testing the other night with my LG TV's built-in player:
     - for DTS-HD MA materials, it only decodes the core 6ch audio data -- so it defaults to Neural:X.  but it can be noted with a ++ on SQ and clarity.  my front heights are truly working with Neural:X.
     - for DTS materials, completely decodes the core 6ch audio data.  on the AVR, you can select DTS (Direct mode), DTS Surround and Neural:X
     - I also tried AC3 materials and it completely decodes the core 6ch audio data
        on the AVR, you can select Dolby Digital (Direct mode), Dolby Surround and Dolby + Neural:X

- this firmware upgrade enabling Neural:X seems has given my Denon + DefTech speakers a newer and better life!!!  I'm even more excited to try out the DTS:X!!!

thanks!
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2016 at 03:58 PM by mhacman »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #2293 on: Oct 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM »
Ask ko lang kung oka ba itong new Denon AVR-S510BT?
Also saan ba service center ng Denon sa pinas?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline olats

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2294 on: Oct 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM »
Near Eastwood. Calle Industria ata yun.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #2295 on: Oct 31, 2016 at 04:27 PM »
Eto pala yung model na binebenta dito: Denon AVRX520BT. Maganda kaya to?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2296 on: Nov 02, 2016 at 04:54 PM »
^ you may visit these following shops to audition yourself the X520BT:

try the following stores:

the listening room -- SM Megamall, look for Christine
sound and vision -- Banaue, contact pdvd member sir @tein
sights & sounds -- contact pdvd member sir @vic

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2297 on: Dec 14, 2016 at 02:52 PM »
^ for this thread =))

updates as well:
- ARC feature is fully working on my DENON without any hiccups vis-a-vis my 4yr old LG LM6200 model -- using a hi-speed HDMI v1.4a cable.

- been able to successfully upgrade firmware for my X1300W -- now DTS:X enabled

- this firmware upgrade enabling Neural:X seems has given my Denon + DefTech speakers a newer and better life!!!  I'm even more excited to try out the DTS:X!!!

thanks!

^ up again for this thread =))

- ARC feature is fully working on my DENON AVR without any hiccups vis-a-vis my Sony 4K Android TV -- using a HDMI v2.0 cable.

- i'm also fortunate to get hold of 3 DTS:X movies (.MKV) -- full movies, not just video test clips
  --  Jason Bourne
  --  London Has Fallen
  --  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

now I am able to enjoy the full audio experience of DTS:X. 

and with the Wetek Hub --> Denon AVR --> Sony Android TV, all my movies got a better life!
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2016 at 02:55 PM by mhacman »

Offline dex

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Mighty man and Yuck!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2298 on: Dec 26, 2016 at 09:37 AM »

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Offline dex

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Mighty man and Yuck!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2299 on: Dec 26, 2016 at 09:39 AM »
Ganda ba ito.. any inputs

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #2300 on: Dec 26, 2016 at 09:47 AM »
^ up again for this thread =))

- ARC feature is fully working on my DENON AVR without any hiccups vis-a-vis my Sony 4K Android TV -- using a HDMI v2.0 cable.

- i'm also fortunate to get hold of 3 DTS:X movies (.MKV) -- full movies, not just video test clips
  --  Jason Bourne
  --  London Has Fallen
  --  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

now I am able to enjoy the full audio experience of DTS:X. 

and with the Wetek Hub --> Denon AVR --> Sony Android TV, all my movies got a better life!

wow congrats bro. :)
anong gamit mo 5.1.2 ba?

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2301 on: Dec 26, 2016 at 07:57 PM »
^ yes sir, 5.1.2 model. sulit for just this entry-level set-up.  heights effects are awesome!

thanks!

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #2302 on: Dec 26, 2016 at 09:51 PM »
^ yes sir, 5.1.2 model. sulit for just this entry-level set-up.  heights effects are awesome!

thanks!
ano speakers mo for .2 till now kasi 5.1 lang ako eh.. :-\  :P

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2303 on: Dec 27, 2016 at 10:07 AM »
I'm using DefTech Pro Cinema 600 satellites, for the ATMOS, sir... =)

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2304 on: Jan 21, 2017 at 06:01 PM »
hello!

I am using Denon 1200.

Question ko ay: How to be able to display kung anong format ng audio (DTX, TrueHD, DTS etc etc) ang napepay or nadedecode ng mga movies coming from NMT sa front panel display?

Lagi na lang kasing "surround blah blah" ang nakalagay sa front dislay ko hindi ko tuloy alam kung nadedecode nya yung tunay na audio.

have been testing with 25gb mkv movies.

thanks!
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2305 on: Jan 21, 2017 at 08:13 PM »
hi, sir.  press the "INFO" button from the remote.

alternatively, press the "Sound Mode"from the remote -- Movie (Green), Music (Red), Game (Blue).  it toggles different available sound mode you wish to opt.

on both occasions above, make sure that you are NOT in "TV Audio" input mode.  otherwise, it's just S/PDIF or HDMI ARC input from the TV, hence, you won't be able to display back the AVR's audio input/output information.

HTH!

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2306 on: Jan 22, 2017 at 04:28 AM »
hi, sir.  press the "INFO" button from the remote.

alternatively, press the "Sound Mode"from the remote -- Movie (Green), Music (Red), Game (Blue).  it toggles different available sound mode you wish to opt.

on both occasions above, make sure that you are NOT in "TV Audio" input mode.  otherwise, it's just S/PDIF or HDMI ARC input from the TV, hence, you won't be able to display back the AVR's audio input/output information.

HTH!

Thanks sir will try that!

Regarding ARC, ARC works perfectly from my TV down to Receiver.

My connection is from the NMT to Denon to TV. And kahit anong file type na 6 to 8 channel ang iplay ko same ang nakalagay sa front display.

Will try out later and will let you know
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2307 on: Jan 23, 2017 at 06:30 PM »
^ just to add.  maybe the files you're playing are all Dolby Digital encodes. 

since this AVR already employs Dolby Surround for 8ch upmix, it's defaulted that way, saying, Dolby Surround.  Dolby Surround (for 7.1ch AVR's) is the new replacement of Dolby Pro-Logic IIz (for 5.1ch AVR's).  but as mentioned, you can change/opt for other Sound Modes.

as for my X1300W, if I play movies with:
 - DTS, DTS-HD MA, it displays DTS or DTS HD MSTR, respectively
    -- this can also be changed to Neural:X
 - AAC Stereo, it displays Stereo
 - AAC MultiChannel 5.1 - it displays Multi-In
 - Dolby Digital -- it defaults to Dolby Surround but I can change it to Dolby Digital
 - Dolby TrueHD, it displays Dolby TrueHD
 - ATMOS, it displays ATMOS
 - DTS:X, it displays DTS:X
 - DTS 96/24, it displays DTS 96/24

btw, I mentioned ARC because if you use the TV's USB for movie, it can only decode/pass-through upto 5.1 channels.  so even if you play a Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA 7ch encodes, you will only get the core 5.1 to be passed-through.  the same goes for S/PDIF.  so it's best to use an NMT that could decode/pass-through 8ch to your X1200W.

=))

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2308 on: Mar 06, 2017 at 01:41 PM »
Denon, Marantz, Polk, Definitive Technology, and Boston Acoustics are now all part of the same parent company: Sound United.

http://www.soundunited.com/sound-united-announces-acquisition-of-dm-group/
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2309 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM »
Can Denon X1300W/X2300W drive 4ohm speakers? Specifically, I'm thinking of getting these receivers with Dynaudio Emit 20. Does anyone have a similar setup? TIA