Author Topic: Sale Alert! Post All Current/Upcoming Mall (Astro, "O," etc.) DVD Sales Here!  (Read 159036 times)

Offline mannycamus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
There is going to be a sale in SM MOA last weekend of October.  No details yet on how low the prices will be. 

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Powerplant will have a sale this Oct 12-14. I guess O Music will have a good sale this time since they are scheduled for renovation.

Offline boks

• Collector
  • DIE HARD
  • Liked:
fyi: some viva titles at o rockwell were priced at 299 and the regular promo from magna were also in effect. saw some 100 and 150 titles from viva at astro the block yesterday  :D

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
As per Sir Jimmy's (Astro) advice.  There will be a DVD sale in Astro Megamall, Ermita, Galleria.   

Gogogo! :D

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Sir, how about podium?
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline activeweekender

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
I just passed by Astro Megamall.  I was expecting that the Viva 299s will be reduced to 150 again.   199 na price ng mga 299.  Ito yung mga prices dun.

VIVA 
299 - 199
350 -  299  (selected)

MAGNAVISION

333 - 199

WB

199 - 175
275 - 199
350 - 299

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2007 at 10:11 PM by activeweekender »

Offline El Zar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
May Podium sale yata. Saw it in today's paper. May sale kaya sa Astro...

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
with the closeness of the sale dates, i doubt there would be any new titles included.  might as well wait around December and hopefully they would include new titles or new stocks.

Personally I'm eyeing POTC-2 2-disc, Cars & Shooter.  ;)

Offline Trig

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Got Saving Private Ryan WWII edition for 1250 @ astroplus megamall

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Pretty much sale everywhere.  Viva titles are now 100-199-299 even if not weekend this week.  Magnavision's 50% off, 199 for local minted DVDs, and 199 for older imported discs is ongoing... 

Warner lang ang hindi, but Warner's disc are very low priced as it is, and sale discount is often 10% or less unlike Magnavision and Viva na 20-50% off regular prices.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
The selections in Podium are pretty good. I swore never to get The Abyss SE simply because it was a non-anamorphic release which didn't make sense to a lot of collectors then. It still doesn't make sense to me today, but at Php100 for the 171 minute version of the film, I'm not complaining. ;D

Alien vs. Predator was also going for Php100. I almost bought Fat Albert but came to my senses before I paid for it.
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2007 at 10:30 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
i would be wary of those P100 titles, at least those that came from Viva. most, if not all, of those i saw are foolscreen versions. i wouldn't put it in my shopping tray unless it's clearly specified in the label that it's widescreen. and then, you still wouldn't know not until you view it.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
The Fox and MGM titles are widescreen so no worries there. However, Viva's  Hallmark, Artisan, and independent studio titles are mostly Betacam-source FS releases. Astro Podium conveniently placed them on a separate shelf.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
i would be wary of those P100 titles, at least those that came from Viva. most, if not all, of those i saw are foolscreen versions. i wouldn't put it in my shopping tray unless it's clearly specified in the label that it's widescreen. and then, you still wouldn't know not until you view it.
Actually, it really isn't too hard to differentiate the foolscreen betacam transfer from imported bargain dvd.  Most of the imported dvd have a box on the back to indicate the screen size, some like Remembering the Titan is fullscreen but it is still imported DVD 9.    And after a few trips to the video shop, you can pick one from the other just by scanning the back.

Some title that are foolscreen like Hallmark titles is still a bargain at 100.  Some miniseries are 2-3 DVDs packed in two DVD cases.  Okay na rin, better than VCD naman mostly ang transfer.   At 375, it's expensive but at 100, okay na rin... although it's really a joy to get good widescreen dvd9s at 100.  Life Is Beautiful is fullscreen dvd, but at 100, I bought it to share with friends the great film (I already have a R1 orig). ;)
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Assault at Precinct 13 says widescreen but it's really fullscreen.  So I immediately returned it for that reason.

Offline gearhead

• DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
and that's what i'm griping about. some of those P75/P100 titles have 4:3 indicated in them, some have none... and even those with "widescreen" printed on the cover i still do a doubletake. i really wouldn't mind getting those older/classic titles in 4:3 at P100, but for newer ones such as brokeback mountain or chronicles of riddick for sure i wanna have the widescreen version. in fairness, those two plus some others have "full screen" clearly indicated. also, i do understand there's a market for them, mostly those still stuck with crt monitors. for sure they are much much better transfers than vcd's, w/c are also selling at the same price.
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline luckystrike

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
hello  i also collect dvd but im here in europe but going home satin this dec, just want to ask how much more or less the cost of band of brothers collection? it maybe cheaper and im also looking for back to the future and star wars.  ???

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
hello  i also collect dvd but im here in europe but going home satin this dec, just want to ask how much more or less the cost of band of brothers collection? it maybe cheaper and im also looking for back to the future and star wars.  ???

BOB in the tin case edition is about P1950. Don't know about the regular cardboard box set -- could be cheaper (or the same price, go figure).

Offline christineG

• Collector
  • Must... collect... DVDs...
  • Liked:

R3 Back to the Future 1-3 box set is priced at PhP600.

:)
Got root?

Offline luckystrike

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
well its a little bit cheaper satin but i dont know the difference in quality of r3 and r2 or maybe its just the same region encoding lang ang diffenrece thanks anyways guys just please post where i can get a good sale on dec to jan ill be in the phil that time :)

Offline pepsimaxnosugar

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Last time I saw Band Of Brothers (cardboard boxset) it was priced P1750.00. About a month ago pa. Dunno kung sinasama nila ito sa mga sale.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Yeah, it's included in Astro sales. I got mine for Php 1500, and it's the tin case edition.

Offline luckystrike

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
wow thanks reallty like to have the collection of bob it cost 30 euro here pero karton lang the tin case cost 50 euro ant wait to come home this dec  ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
Hi guys..saw at Phil star today meron sale in the 10th flr smart center again. I think this is magna right. Close to 90 percent daw.. I wonder if its the same prices for the dvd they are offering now at the stores. CDs daw as low as 5 pesos..Hmm I wanna go na....Starts tom Nov. 23 10am to 7pm..For anybody that will go pls post if its a nice sale, before I go hehe.., its kinda far kasi from my place...hehe..Thanks

Offline christineG

• Collector
  • Liked:
Hi guys..saw at Phil star today meron sale in the 10th flr smart center again. I think this is magna right. Close to 90 percent daw.. I wonder if its the same prices for the dvd they are offering now at the stores. CDs daw as low as 5 pesos..Hmm I wanna go na....Starts tom Nov. 23 10am to 7pm..For anybody that will go pls post if its a nice sale, before I go hehe.., its kinda far kasi from my place...hehe..Thanks

Sir, saan 'to?

TIA :)
Got root?

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
Sir, saan 'to?

TIA :)

Its in 1487 Quezon Blvd. Ground flr is smart wireless center. But I think its so hard to park there. Went there once. Its in 10th floor. If not just ask the guard. Magnavision..Dates listed in newspaper that they have this sale are Nov. 23, 24..December 1,2,8,9,14,15 and 16. Its called CD Blowout..Hmm by the name sana nga 100 to 150 pesos ang dvd hehe..or even lower pa hehe..

Offline RXV

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • DVD Guru
  • The difference is in the detailsssss...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Is this the one along Quezon Avenue? I might pass by there tomorrow. I'll see, and post right away if it is a good sale. :)
FB: W Acoustics
Shopee: w_acoustics
IG: w_acoustics
OLX: wacoustics
VIBER / CONTACT: 0927-7904686

Offline christineG

• Collector
  • Liked:
Its in 1487 Quezon Blvd. Ground flr is smart wireless center. But I think its so hard to park there. Went there once. Its in 10th floor. If not just ask the guard. Magnavision..Dates listed in newspaper that they have this sale are Nov. 23, 24..December 1,2,8,9,14,15 and 16. Its called CD Blowout..Hmm by the name sana nga 100 to 150 pesos ang dvd hehe..or even lower pa hehe..

Thanks sir Moks! :)
Got root?

Offline threadlock

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Looks like just near the MRT Quezon Ave:

Will visit on Sat, thanks sir moks!
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2007 at 03:21 PM by threadlock »
With too many options you could end up not choosing one

Offline silhouette