Author Topic: Sale Alert! Post All Current/Upcoming Mall (Astro, "O," etc.) DVD Sales Here!  (Read 159436 times)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
It's on the spine of the DVD case. Very small icon that says "Criterion Collection", if I'm not mistaken.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008 at 12:37 PM by Dan »

Offline Starfire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Starfire (Wife of the Ghost Warrior)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sa Astroplus ba yan sa SM Lucena? Kasi me Braveheart don. Pero wala naman nakalagay na 2-disc edition sa case nya. So I assumed 1-disc edition lang. Uwi ako LC uli tomorrow.

For sure po syang 2 disc. Hindi ko rin po ini-expect na two disc po yun. Nagulat po ako ng pagbukas ko dalawa. :D  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008 at 03:39 PM by Starfire »

Offline TomE

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6

Then 2 discs edition of braveheart and kingdom of heaven 199 only each title in astroplus (nationwide i suppose they offered it)

Has anybody seen the Braveheart dvd in Metro Manila?

I've been to all shops that sell dvd's in, both SM North & Trinoma, pero wala sila nito.

Offline JohnMcClane

• Collector
  • Yippe kay yay!
  • Liked:
Has anybody seen the Braveheart dvd in Metro Manila?

I've been to all shops that sell dvd's in, both SM North & Trinoma, pero wala sila nito.

yes, i've seen copies available at odyssey, video city and at astrovision, sm manila branch. but prices of most viva dvds are jacked up again. i mean braveheart is sold at P350, compared to the previous P199 price.
Live free or die hard.

Offline TomE

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
yes, i've seen copies available at odyssey, video city and at astrovision, sm manila branch. but prices of most viva dvds are jacked up again. i mean braveheart is sold at P350, compared to the previous P199 price.

Thanks!

I guess I have to check other malls as well.

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
yup napansin ko rin to a few days ago. yung mga babalikan kung 199 peso titles na disney balik 350 na. pati yung mga binili kung 199 dati like die another day balik 350.
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:
For sure po syang 2 disc. Hindi ko rin po ini-expect na two disc po yun. Nagulat po ako ng pagbukas ko dalawa. :D  ;)

Thanks! c",)

Offline Starfire

• Apprentice
  • Starfire (Wife of the Ghost Warrior)
  • Liked:

yup napansin ko rin to a few days ago. yung mga babalikan kung 199 peso titles na disney balik 350 na. pati yung mga binili kung 199 dati like die another day balik 350.

:o  :o  :o Ang bilis naman! Buti umabot pa po ako 199... pagsilip ko nga po kanina... 299 na ang nakalagay na sticker sa price tag. Mabenta po yata kasi yung movie plus talagang 2 disc siya kaya po yata ang bilis niya magtaas ulit. Hehe...

Yung iba ganun pa rin pong price except po talaga yung Braveheart, Kingdom of heaven... Yun nga po a walk in the clouds nabili ko lang ng 150 few days ago...

ang bilis po pala nila magbago ng price. Baka mag back to regular price po ulit! :-\ 

Thanks! c",)

You're welcome poh!  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008 at 10:30 PM by Starfire »

Offline byron

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Audio and Video Phile Beginner
  • Liked:
Armageddon Criterion Collection???  Anong region to?  I think Criterion Collections are only available in R1 formats.  I think i bought mine 4 years ago at $40 sa US.  Kaya lang sir, be careful how you take the DVD out of it's locking mechanism... medyo EFFICIENT yung lock.  My DVD got a crack because mali pag-tanggal ko ng DVD - but hindi naman umabot sa video pero nakakabanas!!!  remember to "push down" on the lock until the DVD is cleared off the lock.  DO NOT PULL the dvd out of its lock.  Medyo ingat lang kase 2-disc to so yung DVD sa ilalim may be pressed as well...

GREAT DVD tong criterion collection na ito...

Offline byron

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Audio and Video Phile Beginner
  • Liked:
On sale pa ba today (saturday - Feb 9) sa Astro dblock???

thanks!

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Armageddon Criterion Collection???  Anong region to?  I think Criterion Collections are only available in R1 formats.  I think i bought mine 4 years ago at $40 sa US.  Kaya lang sir, be careful how you take the DVD out of it's locking mechanism... medyo EFFICIENT yung lock.  My DVD got a crack because mali pag-tanggal ko ng DVD - but hindi naman umabot sa video pero nakakabanas!!!  remember to "push down" on the lock until the DVD is cleared off the lock.  DO NOT PULL the dvd out of its lock.  Medyo ingat lang kase 2-disc to so yung DVD sa ilalim may be pressed as well...

GREAT DVD tong criterion collection na ito...

The DVD case is a standard double disc Amaray-type... thing. Very different from the cases Criterion uses. It's a hybrid of the regular 1-disc and 2-disc criterion release. For the R3 Disc 1 is just the movie with Dolby Digital audio options and subs. Unlike the official Criterion release, the movie doesn't have commentaries

Disc 2 contains the special features from the Criterion set, I assume, because I don't have my copy on hand now but it looks pretty much the same.

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
The DVD case is a standard double disc Amaray-type... thing. Very different from the cases Criterion uses. It's a hybrid of the regular 1-disc and 2-disc criterion release. For the R3 Disc 1 is just the movie with Dolby Digital audio options and subs. Unlike the official Criterion release, the movie doesn't have commentaries

Disc 2 contains the special features from the Criterion set, I assume, because I don't have my copy on hand now but it looks pretty much the same.

Many thanks for the info... !

Offline cinemappostle

• Collector
  • Liked:
You're welcome poh!  ;)
[/quote]

I went to Astroplus at SM Lucena last Saturday, Feb. 9 and got the last remaining copy of Braveheart. Too bad it's price had jumped from 199 to 299. But conasidering 2-disc ed. naman sya. ok na rin. I also got a copy of Finding Nemo 2-disc ed (DTS) from Video City. Actually meron pa rin selected titles na on sale. I just noticed, yung mga warner DVDs 199 pa rin karamihan. I got a copy of Firewall. Ang galing. I'm planning to complete my library of Harrison Ford movies.

Offline wickedmonicker

• Collector
  • Mrs Tom Welling
  • Liked:
 ;D Almost all imported dvds previously priced at PhP895 are down to 299!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Also, some 695s are now priced at 475...

Bought the following dvds at Astro Megamall, but I saw that the same titles are discounted at other astro branches, even Odyssey..

I Know What You Did Last Summer - from 895 to 299
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - from ??? to 199
Blades of Glory - from 695 to 475
King Kong 2-disc - from 475 to 375!!!

Yipee!!! ;D

Saw some Buy 2 for 300.. with some pretty good titles though i opted to pass this up since.. i already got em anyway but cheers to those who will get em!
App-aholic!!!

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
i recently (feb-14) bought Shooter which was now P475.  when the item was punched in, it registered P299!  but the sales people corrected it - it was then that i found out that this title recently went down to P299 on a recent sale which i missed miserably!!!!  :-\

Offline Zenki

• Collector
  • Liked:
Got The Da Vinci Code Extended Ed, 2 discs for P375 at Podium.

Other titles(2 discs) for 375:

King Kong
Ghost Rider
Schindler's List

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
ASM
« Reply #226 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 12:17 AM »
Got Ghost Rider for only P375 from P895 in Astroplus SM Makati.

Offline upinsmoke

• Collector
  • Liked:
King Kong 2-disc - from 475 to 375!!!

Saw some Buy 2 for 300.. with some pretty good titles though i opted to pass this up since.. i already got em anyway but cheers to those who will get em!

Take a look at the front cover of the box.  Did they stick the "2 DVD" sticker on the paper cover?  It sucks doesn't it?

I didn't buy any SAW DVDs because as far as I know, all of them are in DVD5.  I bet they'll come out with a Saw box set this year, all in DVD9 discs I hope.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
I think Ayala Makati will have a Double Midnight Madness Sale this weekend, so Astro SM Makati might be participating. I'll have to confirm it first, though.

Offline upinsmoke

• Collector
  • Liked:
SM Manila (City Hall) is having a 3 day sale.  If you can't make it to SM Makati then this one is a nice substitute.  Video City is also participating, same price as Astro.

Superman Returns and Blood Diamond (both are 2 DVD version) was P525 during the Astro Podium sale, only P350 here.
Zodiac P275
Last King of Scotland P350

P350 DVDs marked down to P299.  P299 DVDs marked down to P199.

Selection isn't as good as the Podium sale but there are a lot to choose from since there are 2 stores participating (Video City and Astro).

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Noticed in the ads here that Magnavision is now pricing imported dvds at P110.  I think this is from the same batch of the Buy 3, Free 6 promo but this time you can buy separately.  Is this ongoing now at the Astro stores?  Please advise.

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
yesterday from Astroplus, SM Mkti:

First Knight 150
Longest Yard 150
Apollo 13 2-disc dts 299
Panic Room Superbit 299

Offline spiro0426

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
There is an ongoing March sale at Astro Megamall, im not sure if the 2-disc imported R3 Batman and Robin priced at P150 was already a steal. There are other titles available. Im just in a hurry to look for other titles available. Will be back again this morning to look for other sale titles.

Offline dimple_guy0619

• Collector
  • Liked:
got the ff dvd's from astro virramall yesterday extended sale until today

1. Tomorrow Never Dies James bond 007 Ultimate Edition @175  :D :D :D :D
2. Men In Black II Superbit DTS @299
3. Bad Boys Superbit DTS @299

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
i dont know why i cannot start a new topic.. but anyway...

There's a SALE at Astro Vision Festival Mall, March 28-30 up to 50% discount

i think this is the same as the Makati and VMall sale. mostly Viva (including Disney(?), Pixar and tagalog movies) but they are also marking down some of their other brands!

thanks po... at least this is for the Southerners!
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2008 at 11:47 AM by jiggs84 »
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline jiggs84

• Collector
  • Liked:
haul from the Astro Festival Mall sale during noonbreak:

@ P175 each
Daredevil (Director's Cut) DTS
Finding Nemo (2-Disc)
Pirates of the Carribean 1 (2-Disc)
Pirates of the Carribean 2 (2-Disc) - they changed the price to P275 after  ;D
Greatest Story Ever Told (2-Disc)
Minority Report (2-Disc) DTS
Walk the Line

@375 Pirates of the Carribean 3 (2-Disc) - the saleslady was "friendly" enough to change this one from 1-disc to 2-disc after this has been scanned.  ;D  ;D  ;D

the items are more of the same in Astro Makati sale. boxsets of Desperate Housewives, Prison Break and some others are on sale at P999

lots of animated movies!!! other movies at P150 also...

The Rise of the Silver Surfer (Power Cosmic Ed) is also on sale at P375!!!

=======>>
went back Friday PM to buy:

Tomorrow Never Dies Ultimate Ed @P175
Fantastic Four (2-disc) @P175
F4- Rise of the silver surfer Power Cosmic Ed @P375
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 at 10:26 AM by jiggs84 »
lovin' my Panny 42X20

Offline ranran

• DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
haul from the Astro Festival Mall sale during noonbreak:

@ P175 each
Daredevil (Director's Cut) DTS
Finding Nemo (2-Disc)
Pirates of the Carribean 1 (2-Disc)
Pirates of the Carribean 2 (2-Disc) - they changed the price to P275 after  ;D
Greatest Story Ever Told (2-Disc)
Minority Report (2-Disc) DTS
Walk the Line

@375 Pirates of the Carribean 3 (2-Disc) - the saleslady was "friendly" enough to change this one from 1-disc to 2-disc after this has been scanned.  ;D  ;D  ;D

are these titles still available (at 2-discs)?  ??? ???

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
are these titles still available (at 2-discs)?  ??? ???

I didn't check if they were the 2-disc editions, but I saw a ton of POTC 2 and 3 copies on the shelves at P275.

I got six titles from the Astro Festival Mall sale this Saturday, all ranging from P150-P275 and all DVD9 dual layer single side discs:

The French Connection
(2-Disc Special Edition)
Road to Perdition (no CD soundtrack, unless, it's one of the special features....)
Dodgeball (Uncut Version!)
Edward Scissorhands
Drumline
The Rock (Special Edition)

Lots of good titles. Like an "Astro Podium Sale-lite".
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008 at 01:48 AM by Dan »

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
bought from the Astro Festival Sale:

The French Connection (2-Disc Special Edition) - 275 pesos
Breaking and Entering - 150pesos

i went there 30 minutes before closing last night. bitin.