Author Topic: Paradigm Speakers  (Read 154053 times)

Offline dnx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Paradigm Speakers
« on: Feb 21, 2002 at 01:15 AM »
Hi there,

Just want to ask if any of you guys use paradigms for a home theater setup. I'm a newbie to this hobby and I just want to know how good or bad these speakers are
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline Pep

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Paradigm Speakers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2002 at 03:54 AM »
Dnx,

They're good "bang for the buck" speakers.  A lot of people like them, and they're reviewed very well.  Which models in particular were your intereseted in?

Also, Audio Den is the distributor for Paradigm here.  Go to either their Araneta Ave or Commonwealth Ave store to give them a listen.  Don't get intimidated by the lady at the Araneta branch, medyo "sales pushy" sya, just ignore her and talk to Eric.

BTW, most people on this board are B&W fans.  I don't own either.

-Pep

Offline dnx

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2002 at 07:52 AM »
Hi Pep,

Thanks for the reply,
    I'm considering the monitor series for my setup
    specifically;
    Monitor 7
    CC350
    ADP350
    PW2200

Offline MeowPao

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2002 at 08:20 AM »
Hi Dnx,

Pep is right, go over to Audio Den and check out the Paradigms there. I actually auditioned the Paradigm Monitor 7, coupled with a Denon 1602, and the speakers sound ok.  :)
They have a couple of Monitor speakers on display at the Araneta Branch (I think all of what you want for a complete setup), and while you're at it, they have a number of Definitives around too.

Audio Den - Tel no. 7325173 Look for Eric Lopez Lim, the owner, and don't worry about the pushy people.. hehehe.  ;)
If you decide to go to their Araneta showroom, just watch out for those 'kupit side-mirror' gang... hehe. Good Luck!
;)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2002 at 08:36 AM »
You can also check out Audio Den in Commonwealth. It is beside Red Ribbon before reaching Ever Gotesco. Tel. 4366510

We have another thread about Paradigm Speakers: Paradigm Atom speakers .

Levi

Offline dnx

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2002 at 08:50 AM »
Hi there Meowpao & Levi,

Thanks for the advice, I'll drop by Audio Den one of these days to audition them.

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
Any Paradigm owners out there?!?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2002 at 01:20 AM »
Do you think the top end is harsh ba or not? i've heard a few people say na medyo hardsh daw yung high freqs niya eh..

Offline ariel

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re:Paradigm Speakers
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2002 at 09:02 AM »
Do you think the top end is harsh ba or not? i've heard a few people say na medyo hardsh daw yung high freqs niya eh..

my assessment, medyo harsh ang performance and monitor series but then dependent din yan sa room acoustics. the reference series is more refined. they are foward sounding speakers.

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
PARADIGM SPEAKERS??
« Reply #8 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 07:23 PM »
does anybody know kung meron ditong available na paradigm speakers?..its cheap in u.s. kasi,much like wharfdale..

Offline plasticman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re:PARADIGM SPEAKERS??
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 07:52 PM »
hi! I think audioden is the distributor here in the Philippines. Try calling 7325173. It's the Audioden in Araneta Ave. Although I dont think they're as cheap as Wharfs. The Atom bookshelf is arnd 12T.

HTH :)

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 09:11 PM »
got my Paradigm subs from Audioden

Audioden Corp.
Tel: 732-5173
Fax: 743-3238
Unit C, G/F Megastate Bldg
Araneta Ave cor Agno Ext
Quezon City

from quezon ave going to e. rodriguez it is on your right side.  malapit lang sya from q. ave.

Offline johndoe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 10:06 PM »
how much ang price range ng subs ng paradigm dun? ;)

Offline G.I.jolens

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 12, 2003 at 01:47 AM »
hi dnx,
i thought u bought the whole setup u mention,  i have a paradgm titan using it almost a year as front speaker and still loves the sound of it.  dont see any much review of thos speakers lots of the members here are B&w fan.

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 13, 2003 at 01:32 AM »
hello.

BTW, since youve mentioned about PARADIGM, i use an all paradigm system except for the subwoofer.
Fronts: 3SE MKII now replaced by MONITOR 3
Center: CC-170
Surrounds: ADP-100
They are really good for the price! 2 members also uses an ALL PARADIGM SET UP: VOJ and EPOSMAN. :D
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 13, 2003 at 06:08 PM »
Lyon ( Boloy ) is also using Paradigm.

Offline ariel

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 14, 2003 at 01:35 PM »
i still have the atoms and a paradigm sub.

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 15, 2003 at 03:37 PM »
magkano po ang speaker set nya? salamat.

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
PARADIGM made in canada
« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 05:07 PM »

Great Sound, For a Song!
Although Performance Series speakers are designed to fit small spaces (and small budgets) they make no sacrifices when it comes to great sound.
Atom • Titan • Focus • Esprit™ • Phantom
CC-170 • CC-270 • ADP-170 •
When Size and Sound Matter!
While it is true that there are tiny speakers aided by small subwoofers that can be virtually hidden in many living spaces, when it comes to great audiophile sound these systems have simply not delivered … until Cinema™.
Cinema™70 • Cinema™ 90 • Cinema™ 110 L/R
Cinema™ 110 C • Cinema™ CC • Cinema™ ADP • Cinema 220™ L/C/R • Cinema™ 330 L/C/R
Studio Series
Spectacular high-end sound in speaker systems that set all new standards for low coloration, imaging precision and overall transparency!
Studio 20 • Studio 40 • Studio 60 • Studio 100
Studio CC-470 • Studio CC-570 • Studio ADP-470

The finest speakers in the world are a medium for music, an open window on the original performance. They take us from the mundane to the magical, beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary. They are a reflection of character. Not the sonic character of the speaker, since speakers claiming to be the finest must be devoid of acoustic personality. Rather, the finest speakers are an intimate unfolding of the songwriter's mood, the composer's message, the director's vision. They allow us to feel the music, hear the magic and see through the mind's eye into the very heart of the performance.

Paradigm® Reference Signature. A higher level of transparency.

Hear it. Feel it. See it through the mind's eye. Signature… everything the artist intended.™
Stand-up Bass
PDR Series powered subwoofers offer superb definition and deep bass impact for both music and home theater. These advanced designs use patented, built-in, high current amplifiers and high-power drivers to deliver stunning bass performance while also providing complete unprecedented values!
PDR-8 • PDR-10 • PDR-12

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: PARADIGM made in canada
« Reply #18 on: Sep 04, 2006 at 06:21 PM »
how much is pdr 12? currently at the market for a subwoofer...

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 05, 2006 at 02:34 AM »
Paradigm speakers are forward sounding and the high is a bit harsh. Partner them with a warm amp like Nad or Arcam will give you an enjoyable and  refined sound. I have a pair of atom in the bedroom with a 10 year old nad 7000 receiver and the sound is great.

Offline cybermms

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 07:23 PM »
Check out Paradigm's Performance Series at the ALABANG AUDIO FAIR 2006. Paradigm will be in The Home Theater room of Sonny Tuazon.

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #21 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 02:38 PM »
hi, jas lyk to ask paradigm users hir on what model to choose.. my choices r monitor 5, 7 or studio 20 for my hk 340.

if i wer to go with monitor 5 plus stand almost same price na sa monitor 7..

if monitor 7, jas add alitte for studio 20.. thanks!

or should i go with b&w 602 s3 mas mura.... :)

my room is approximately 10 to 15 sqm. pero i just want the option to upgrade later on, maybe in our sala..

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 08:40 PM »
hi, jas lyk to ask paradigm users hir on what model to choose.. my choices r monitor 5, 7 or studio 20 for my hk 340.

my room is approximately 10 to 15 sqm. pero i just want the option to upgrade later on, maybe in our sala..

I suggest that you request the shop if you can bring it Home for Audition.  Iba tunog niyan sa shop at sa house.  If you are not satisfied, just bring it back and request for the other model.  But if the shop can bring all of it to your house and they would be there with it, the better.
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline Lucky7

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 01:29 AM »
Alx,

Sir audition mo the 602s3 and the Studio20 v3. I heard them both with an Arcam a65+ and  personally I like the sound of the studio.

Offline Zitr0

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 07:03 AM »

Hi alx, sir singit lang po, if this are going to be your options, even if wala me paradigm, go definitely with the studio series. Why, because the are of a higher class than both monitor and B&W 600 series. If your options will be between monitor and 600's, id go with the B&W's. Both actually sound good and its really hard to choose if your going to use an ordinary reciever, but if used with a power amp, sigurado me na yung 600's will have an edge. I've tested it and that's why i have them in my room.  ;D

but still, it will be based on ur type of music and kung anong klseng tunog ang gusto mo, warm, dynamic, bright neutral ect., check nyo sir din kung ano ba ung mga associated equipments nyo to be sure sa tunog na lalabas. ;D

Pls. take note:

Paradigm                                         B&W

Signature                                         Nautilus/800
       Studio                                             700 series
      Monitor                                            600 series

then goes on.....
 ;D ;D ;D

Mostly, due to preferences and associated equipments sir.  :)

PEACE! :)
"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 08:17 AM »
Heard the Studio 20 paired with Arcam very nice specially the mids ( vocals ) problem lang mukhang power hungry ito but if have good amp must audition before buying..

Offline Zitr0

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 25, 2006 at 07:26 AM »
Just heard the Studio 20's from Alabang Audio Fair, it was paired with a Denon 3806 i think? ???

Ganda na tumunog, my friend who was with me even tried to record the song planying sa cell nya,...
i dont know what happened pro after dat and napakingan nmen from her cell. grabe parang live ung recording as in parang may naguusap lang sa paligid.

;D
"NO SPEAKER IS MADE PERFECT, YOUR "EARS" MAKE A SPEAKER PERFECT!"

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
Re: PARADIGM made in canada
« Reply #27 on: Sep 25, 2006 at 03:06 PM »

Great Sound, For a Song!
Although Performance Series speakers are designed to fit small spaces (and small budgets) they make no sacrifices when it comes to great sound.
Atom • Titan • Focus • Esprit™ • Phantom
CC-170 • CC-270 • ADP-170 •
When Size and Sound Matter!
While it is true that there are tiny speakers aided by small subwoofers that can be virtually hidden in many living spaces, when it comes to great audiophile sound these systems have simply not delivered … until Cinema™.
Cinema™70 • Cinema™ 90 • Cinema™ 110 L/R
Cinema™ 110 C • Cinema™ CC • Cinema™ ADP • Cinema 220™ L/C/R • Cinema™ 330 L/C/R
Studio Series
Spectacular high-end sound in speaker systems that set all new standards for low coloration, imaging precision and overall transparency!
Studio 20 • Studio 40 • Studio 60 • Studio 100
Studio CC-470 • Studio CC-570 • Studio ADP-470

The finest speakers in the world are a medium for music, an open window on the original performance. They take us from the mundane to the magical, beyond the ordinary to the extraordinary. They are a reflection of character. Not the sonic character of the speaker, since speakers claiming to be the finest must be devoid of acoustic personality. Rather, the finest speakers are an intimate unfolding of the songwriter's mood, the composer's message, the director's vision. They allow us to feel the music, hear the magic and see through the mind's eye into the very heart of the performance.

Paradigm® Reference Signature. A higher level of transparency.

Hear it. Feel it. See it through the mind's eye. Signature… everything the artist intended.™
Stand-up Bass
PDR Series powered subwoofers offer superb definition and deep bass impact for both music and home theater. These advanced designs use patented, built-in, high current amplifiers and high-power drivers to deliver stunning bass performance while also providing complete unprecedented values!
PDR-8 • PDR-10 • PDR-12

try to drop by to auditions

thank you

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #28 on: Oct 27, 2006 at 02:19 PM »
Just heard the Studio 20's from Alabang Audio Fair, it was paired with a Denon 3806 i think? ???

Ganda na tumunog, my friend who was with me even tried to record the song planying sa cell nya,...
i dont know what happened pro after dat and napakingan nmen from her cell. grabe parang live ung recording as in parang may naguusap lang sa paligid.

;D
the studio 20 is the best bookshelf for me...the only one better is the S2 model...but still is from paradigm. BnW is a little bit overpriced. their nautilus bookshelf is no match for the studio 20 but the pricing is almost 3x. buy the studio 20 and pair it with the right amps and you will never look at any other speaker brands ever.

im running my 20s with rotel player, amps...and a BnK preamp....truly lifelike sound
im allan - 09178087173

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #29 on: Nov 02, 2006 at 12:52 PM »
Have anybody heard the paradigm micro speakers? Is it any good if paired with T-amp?