Author Topic: Paradigm Speakers  (Read 153537 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: Paradigm Speakers
« Reply #600 on: Dec 06, 2014 at 09:02 AM »

Tada,..!

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #601 on: Dec 06, 2014 at 12:07 PM »
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2014 at 12:07 PM by audiojunkie »
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #602 on: Dec 08, 2014 at 12:52 AM »
Ganda ..! Congrats..! ;)

Thank you sir...
She sounds great...!

Offline lynds

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #603 on: May 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM »
Just wanted to share my thoughts Im using NAD 356 bee integrated amp paired with paradigm monitor 7 v6, I find it lacking in bass, anyone here has this combo? Is this a good combo? I tried increasing the bass but in some tracks it just doesn't sound right, but the mids and highs ok naman hope you can give me feedback

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #604 on: May 25, 2015 at 05:52 PM »
Just wanted to share my thoughts Im using NAD 356 bee integrated amp paired with paradigm monitor 7 v6, I find it lacking in bass, anyone here has this combo? Is this a good combo? I tried increasing the bass but in some tracks it just doesn't sound right, but the mids and highs ok naman hope you can give me feedback

the usual suspect is the speaker but i might be wrong.

http://hometheaterreview.com/paradigm-monitor-7-floorstanding-loudspeakers-reviewed/?page=2

;D

Offline edison

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: Jun 11, 2015 at 11:43 AM »
Sir, maybe may baliktad sa speaker terminal...,yung - and + kaya kulang sa bass...

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #606 on: Jun 13, 2015 at 08:49 PM »

I don't have the NAD, but I owned Monitor 7 v6 before, primarily for HT (60/40), I found the bass sufficient for both. I don't even use the sub for stereo. But for HT, of course its a must  ;D nanghuhula lang sir, pero have you tried another cds?
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #607 on: Jun 14, 2015 at 01:00 AM »
How much is the current price for a Paradigm surround speakers. The cheapest and next to the cheapest. Thinking of replacing my surrounds into a dipole surround.

Offline lynds

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #608 on: Jun 18, 2015 at 04:54 PM »
Sir r0n1n may I ask what amp or receiver you paired with paradigm, maybe nad paradigm combo not a good match?

Offline stratix2

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #609 on: Jul 10, 2016 at 11:07 AM »
@ Lynds, might not be a direct comparison but I have the same NAD 356DAC2 running a pair of Studio 20V3 and I find the bass a little on the lighter side as well. If i hook up a sub though the whole dynamics changes...way better...
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: Jul 16, 2016 at 12:34 PM »
Sir r0n1n may I ask what amp or receiver you paired with paradigm, maybe nad paradigm combo not a good match?

Oh no super old post at ngayon ko lang nakita tsuri :) I use a very old Denon hehe no comment sa NAD as I don't own one  but I suppose meron ka ng amp :)
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM by [r0n1n] »

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Sep 06, 2016 at 04:42 PM »
The Signature series is being discontinued. Welcome Persona, the new flagship series:

http://www.paradigm.com/persona/

https://m.facebook.com/paradigmloudspeakers/

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Sep 15, 2016 at 01:32 PM »
Paradigm Persona:

Credit: digitaltrends.com

Personally, I prefer the Signature look  ;D

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #613 on: Dec 05, 2016 at 03:22 AM »
I currently have a studio 20v3 and a guy from a forum sells a pair of studio v5 midranges from his CC690. i am tempted to get the pair and replace the drivers on my v3. unmindful of course of the color difference but they are meant to be listened to with grills anyway. has anyone here have done that or at least have compared the V3 with the V4/V5's? I have read in another forum that the 20 V3's are the best among the line up but it is all perspective. Hope to hear some insights for previous users.

Cheers!
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: Dec 27, 2016 at 09:19 PM »
Pardon me, Just wanted to hear some ideas, my current setup consists of a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1030 paired to an Adcom GFA6000, a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7 v.7, Paradigm Center 3, a pair of Paradigm in ceilings and a pair of SVS PC12 Plus,... I was able to snag a very nice Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040, the wife gave the go ahead to order the speakers already, Paradigm has a promo I think, buy a pair of Monitors and get the center free, but one of my tech guru was suggesting try out the Definitive Technology BP10B, he swears its gonna outmatch my current Paradigm system, we're talking stereo system only, 2 main speakers, DefTechs BP10Ps are running at $750 for the pair, and they're Manufacturer Refurbished, while the Paradigm's are at $900 for the 7s, and $1200 for the 9s, not to mention it comes with the free center (and they are brand new,..!) It is for our master bedroom, for now I know my focus is on the 2 channel end, but I know I might end up setting it up even more soon. So I would love to hear your ideas and opinions... Thanks,..!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Dec 28, 2016 at 09:12 AM »
We just got back from our neighborhood Best Buy, my teens are very particular with music and sound, I taught them well,.. Well anyway, like what I've said earlier,I haven't had the pleasure of hearing what Definitive Technology has to offer, we tried out 3 models, the BP-9020ST, BP-9040ST and the BP-9080ST, We also tried a couple of Martin Logans, the MO20GBL and the MO40GBL. I know it will all depend to who is listening, to what material is being played, but in all honesty, nothing came close to the sound produced by my Paradigm Monitor 7, and even my teens were really surprised on what they heard, so anyway, I did ordered the Paradigm Monitor 7 again, I decided to stick with what I already have, and I got the free center channel with it still,... Can't wait,..! Cheers guys,...

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Dec 28, 2016 at 09:42 AM »
Was about to say try the deftech and do a/b comparison with your existing digms then send it back if you dont like it (within trial period of course). Congrats on your new digms 😊

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: Dec 28, 2016 at 11:15 AM »
Thanks, iisa ang comment ng 2 anak ko ng marinig ang DefTechs and Martin Logan,
Sabog ang tunog, hindi malinaw ang high and mid, then nauubligang ilakas pa ng agent ang volume, mas lalo ng naluko dahil sa tenga namin, kahit pa Pioneer Elite na receiver ang driver parang bitin na bitin sa power, hindi makaangat ang boses talaga, unlike the Monitors namin na ang baba ng volume level pero ang linaw ng highs and mids, iba ang imaging, then I showed my teens ang difference ng setup namin when running without a subwoofer, 2 fronts running as large, and nagulat sila na buong buo ang boses at image, iba ang music nya, malinis and nandun ang mid bass and bass, kaya sabi ko, I'll just stick with what I know is best to our ears...

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #618 on: Dec 30, 2016 at 03:43 AM »
very good decision trusting your ears and acquiring what you've loved best re: Paradigm Monitor 7.  what's even sweeter is the free Digm center =))  I'm in no doubt the surrounds will follow suit and defeating your initial plan of stereo only.

it's the best deal indeed!  congratz, sir!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Jan 05, 2017 at 12:18 PM »

They're here,..!
Oh so sweet,...!

Offline esr101

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #620 on: Jan 05, 2017 at 01:30 PM »
Wow! Nice speakers!

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Jan 09, 2017 at 05:01 PM »
Congrats chief!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Jan 09, 2017 at 10:55 PM »
Thank you,..!
And they sound so nice and warm inside our bedroom, ibang iba ang acoustics ng bedroom compare sa open living room ko, Napakagandang tumunog...
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2017 at 11:39 PM by ABCmotorparts »

Offline mak_mak

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #623 on: Feb 13, 2017 at 12:30 PM »
New old stock tend to have a sticky baffles for this series (due to weather conditions), distributor is offering baffle replacement upon purchased. Yeah, the 40% off discount is very tempting.
Focal Kanta N*2
Naim NAP 300 DR
Primaluna Dialogue Premium PreAmp

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Feb 28, 2017 at 03:57 PM »
monitor 7 s7 is second on my shortlist.  it performed (based on my audish) really well! though this cosmetic issue for this series got me to put it off my list -- sayang.

if we're not living here in PH, baka hindi maging issue ito, though...

Offline ABCmotorparts

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Feb 28, 2017 at 09:11 PM »
That's the reason why I chose the 7s over the 9 and 11,
The 7 has more body and image to my ears, mas malinis ang dating sa akin,
Beautiful sounding speakers... have both the cherry and the black...

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Mar 01, 2017 at 10:10 AM »
^ I envy you that you were offered a free center 1 =))  if we have it here in PH, I'd definitely go this route..

sir ABCmotorparts, were you able to audition the Monitor Audio Bronze 5?  this is now on top of my shortlist, being 7 s7 in second because of my concern with it's baffle and humidity in PH

TIA!

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Mar 02, 2017 at 01:04 AM »
were you able to audition the Monitor Audio Bronze 5?  this is now on top of my shortlist, being 7 s7 in second because of my concern with it's baffle and humidity in PH

When I was scouting for speakers, I am determined to get Missions. But preference changes kapag ina-audition mo na. My top 2 speakers were MA BR5 and Paradigm Monitor 7 v6. Even though Monitor 7 was out of my budget, sya pinili ko. If it was an RS6 e baka nasa kabilang thread na ako  :P mas neutral sounding ang Monitor 7 e at feeling ko mahina yung BR5 using the same amp. Of course YMMV

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Mar 02, 2017 at 04:04 PM »
I am good to go with Monitor 7 s7 though humid sa PH, kahit nasa southern part of Manila ako and <2degrees colder, humidy is still high.. issue ba talaga yung baffle?  kausap ko na representative ng distributor, oo daw eh...

for now, both MA Bronze 5 and this Monitor 7 s7 is almost equally priced after the discount... and so my dilemma which one to finally choose.

thanks!

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #629 on: Mar 02, 2017 at 04:52 PM »
If for purely music, I will go for MA Bronze plus I will add a sealed subwoofer.

If for HT, I will choose Paradigm (fronts, center and surrounds) plus I will add one or two ported subwoofer/s.