Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition (13 Disc Set)  (Read 7103 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20

Includes:

Superman - The Movie: (4 Disc Set)

Unable to convince the ruling council of Krypton that their world will destroy itself soon, scientist Jor-El takes drastic measures to preserve the Kryptonian race: He sends his infant son Kal-El to Earth. There, gaining great powers under Earth's yellow sun, he will become a champion of truth and justice. Raised by the Kents, an elderly farm couple, Clark Kent learns that his abilities must be used for good. The adult Clark travels to Metropolis, where he becomes a mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet...and a caped wonder whose amazing feats stun the city: Superman! Meanwhile, Lex Luthor, the world's greatest criminal mind, is plotting the greatest evil plan of all time. Can even the Man of Steel stop this nefarious scheme?

Superman II: (3 Disc Set)

Unwittingly released from Phantom Zone imprisonment, three super-powered Kryptonian criminals (Terence Stamp, Sarah Douglas and Jack O’Halloran) plan to enslave Earth – just when Superman (Christopher Reeve) decides to show a more romantic side to Lois Lane (Margot Kidder). Gene Hackman (as Lex Luthor) also returns from the first film and with a top supporting cast, witty Richard Lester direction and visuals that astound and delight, Superman II saves the day any day you watch it.

Also includes The Richard Donner Cut which will delight fans who, for years, have been imploring Warner Home Video via voluminous numbers of petitions, letters, phone calls and e-mails to release the Donner cut. In fact, Donner had already shot most of the Superman II footage during Superman: The Movie. But as production on the sequel continued, creative differences between the director and the film’s producers became irreconcilable and Donner left the project. Although Richard Lester was hired to finish production, he chose to make major changes to the film, leaving only vestiges of Donner’s original vision and concepts in the version of Superman II that was ultimately released to theaters. Now, nearly thirty years later, Warner Home Video is honored to grant the wishes of countless Superman fans. With this DVD release, Richard Donner has become the first director in history to be able to complete a film he left during production with nearly all his footage “in the can.” Adding back a substantial amount of that unused footage, the director has seen his original vision restored and brought to fruition. Most notably, the “Donner cut” restores the Marlon Brando role, filmed for, but not included in the final theatrical release version of Superman II. The legendary Brando’s performance as Jor-El has finally been restored in key scenes that amplify Superman lore and deepen the profound relationship between father and son.With so many other changes, large and small, including a variety of Lois Lane (Margot Kidder) schemes to unmask Clark Kent as Superman, this Superman II will prove to be an eye-opening experience and an important addition to film history.

Superman III:

After Superman: The Movie’s epic storytelling and Superman II’s awesome battles, how could the first two hits be topped? In Superman III, meet Gus Gorman (Richard Pryor), a half-witted computer programming natural. For him a keyboard is a weapon – and Superman faces the microelectronic menace of his life. Christopher Reeve reprises his most beloved role, deepening his character’s human side as Clark Kent reunites with old flame Lana Lang (Annette O’Toole) at a Smallville High class reunion. And when Superman becomes his own worst enemy after Kryptonite exposure, Reeve pulls off both roles with dazzling skill. Incredible visual effects abound – but above all it has heart, heroism and high-flying humor. All in superabundance.

Superman IV - The Quest For Peace:

Christopher Reeve not only dons the title hero’s cape for the fourth time but also helped develop the movie’s provocative theme: nuclear disarmament. “For me, it’s the most personal of the entire series,” Reeve said. “It directly reflects what Superman should be, and should be doing.” Superman does a lot this time around. To make the world safe for nuclear arms merchants, Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) creates a new being to challenge the Man of Steel: the radiation-charged Nuclear Man (Mark Pillow). The two foes clash in an explosive extravaganza that sees Superman save the Statue of Liberty, plug a volcanic eruption of Mount Etna and rebuild the demolished Great Wall of China.

Superman Returns: (2 Disc Set)

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure, Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world’s most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman (Brandon Routh) faces the heartbreaking realisation that the woman he loves, Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth), has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman’s bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Look, Up In The Sky! - The Amazing Story of Superman:

A two-hour documentary commissioned by Superman Returns director Bryan Singer that details the history of the Superman franchise.

You Will Believe - The Making of a Saga:

All-new six-part documentary about the original theatrical franchise.

Forging the Man of Steel - Superman in the media, and the challenges the Salkinds faced
Creating the Vision - creating the right script, choosing the right director and casting the right actors
Believe - the production and launch of a new kind of fantasy film
Crisis - complications and conflicts between the creative forces behind Superman II
Downfall - criticisms and burnout of Superman III and Superman IV
Legacy - filmmakers, writers and artists reflect

==========

Special Features:

Collectible Tin Set with bellyband

Transparent plastic O-Ring packaging with lenticular tips

Foil-enhanced box

Chapter Booklet

DC Comics Booklet

One-Sheet Mail-In Coupon

Bonus New Documentaries (The Mythology of Superman, The Science of Superman, Remembering Christopher Reeve)

==========

Release Date: 06 December 2006

SRP: $AU 169.83
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2006 at 02:32 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition (13 Disc Set)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 10:35 PM »
 :o :o :o :o

Offline im2bz

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 08:51 AM »
aussie release nanaman! beautiful!
kelan kaya tayo magkakaron ng access sa aussie releases? :'(

Offline rss777

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 11:38 AM »
Wooooooooooooow, this is really very nice. Is there any chance that this same packaging and contents will be released in R1 version or even R3?

This would definitely by a centerpiece in anyone's DVD collections. I will definitely exhaust all possibilities to get one of this.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 04:26 PM »
Wooooooooooooow, this is really very nice. Is there any chance that this same packaging and contents will be released in R1 version or even R3?

This would definitely by a centerpiece in anyone's DVD collections. I will definitely exhaust all possibilities to get one of this.

You wish was granted. Looks like there will be a local R3 version daw, with the same packaging.

Talo pa natin R1!  :)

Offline im2bz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 09:20 AM »
Whoa! R3 local version as in dito sa Philippines? sana naman! para makabawi naman tayo sa best buy exclusives ehehehehehe

Offline im2bz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2006 at 09:00 AM »
looks like pareho din pala to sa R1 release.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2006 at 02:44 PM »
Bad trip nga, 14 disc yung R1, I'll end up spending double just to get one more disc.  :-[

Offline clea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi-dilly-ho-dilly, neighboreenos.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2006 at 02:59 PM »
Bad trip nga, 14 disc yung R1, I'll end up spending double just to get one more disc.  :-[

Aling disc po yung mawawala?
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Toy Launch
Megamall A May30

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 24, 2006 at 03:34 PM »
Aling disc po yung mawawala?

Bryan Singer's Superman Returns Video Journal

Sana 14 disc yung ilabas sa R3...