Author Topic: Paypal Philippines  (Read 42518 times)

Offline groucho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Paypal Philippines
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 06:48 AM »
Not sure about shipping addresses but you can always choose to verify your PayPal account and become part of their Expanded Use Program. It's a pretty straightforward procedure which can be accessed via a link under the My Account section.
  • PayPal charges US$1.95 to your credit card.
  • When that charge appears on your online statment (and on the printed statement if your credit card company isn't online), it will be accompanied by a 4-digit unique code.
  • Enter that code in your Paypal account to validate/verify your credit card.
  • PayPal automatically credits the US$1.95 charge to your account.

What exactly is the PayPal Expanded Use Program?  What advantage does it have?  Is it compulsory?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 12:58 AM »
I may be wrong, but I believe it's a verification status that allowa the account holder to pay for goods amounting to $100.00 up.

8)

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 10:27 AM »
Verified user na din ako, but I will only use the paypal/ebay combo for hard to find gadgets and merchandise ebay is offering. We just hope users keep posting their individual experiences on their transactions para me benchmark yung mga newbies like me sa ganitong set-up.

Tnaks,

Coco
ALA EH!!

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2007 at 07:44 AM »
first time to use paypal on purchase made at ebay.com. smooth transaction, closed deal on jan.23, shipped on jan.24 and received it here on jan.31. total charge was around US$110.
the item is an IBM thinkpad X24 LCD screen.

hirap humanap dito sa Manila. Meron nag offer used unit for P10,000 :o 

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 03:59 PM »
just a reminder for people who buy stuff from ebay and use paypal from philippines: as international buyers, we cannot have paypal confirmed shipping addresses. they're only available to US, Canada, and UK. some US sellers will only ship to confirmed shipping addresses, so read the item descriptions carefully or as the seller.

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #35 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 04:39 PM »
It's possible, but it really depends on the seller. Some merchants do not allow international Paypal transactions even if the buyer uses a verified account.

My advice is to check first with the sellers before bidding or purchasing items from them.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 28, 2007 at 06:32 PM »
i just noticed it when i paid for an ebay item earlier. the paypal confirmation email that i received showed that my shipping address status is "unconfirmed", even though my paypal account is already verified, and my ebay shipping address is my credit card billing address on paypal.

we'll see what happens. the seller is from HK, and my ebay account (since feb 2002) has a feedback score of 9 (all positives), so i hope he will not refuse my payment.

Offline Lantis

• Collector
  • Dattebayo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 30, 2007 at 01:35 PM »
i just noticed it when i paid for an ebay item earlier. the paypal confirmation email that i received showed that my shipping address status is "unconfirmed", even though my paypal account is already verified, and my ebay shipping address is my credit card billing address on paypal.

we'll see what happens. the seller is from HK, and my ebay account (since feb 2002) has a feedback score of 9 (all positives), so i hope he will not refuse my payment.

hi subtitle, any updates on this? TIA! ;D
Back from the grave!

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 16, 2007 at 01:19 PM »
I used Paypal Philippines.
So far, so good.
You have to get verified right away though. Because if your card isn't verified, you'll be have a sending limit of $100 (total). After verification, sky's the limit. By the way, I'm using a BDO Mastercard ShopMore Card - and they have low dollar-peso conversion rates. :)

Offline totaldvdfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 10:58 PM »
this is great! now we can buy from ebay and DVDHeaven! yahoo!  ;D

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 12:39 AM »
Just bumping up this thread to check for the updated Paypal experiences of our colleagues here.  How is the e-bayin'?  Fast and furious due to the Paypal access we can now avail of?

To the brave 'early adopters'  ;) you feel the system is solid already?  Any residual flukes or issues identified with the 'send-only' classification of Phil residents?  Appreciate the response buddies!  ;)  Many thanks

Offline choy

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 05:24 AM »
i read that you can move your paypal funds to philippine bank accounts nowadays

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #42 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 08:02 AM »
^Yup. We now have 2 options to get paypal payments: debit/credit card and bank withdrawal.

Debit/Credit Card - you can have your paypal funds trasnferred to your debit/credit card. So lalabas meron ka funds sa card mo that you can use. Pero there is a $5 charge for every fund transfer. Tapos most likely your bak will also charge you a transfer fee. Kung hindi naman they will use a lower exchange rate. So make sure you provide a buffer when selling is US $$$.

Local Bank Accounts - just register an approved local bank (i.e. BPI, BDO etc) with all your personal and bank information. After that you can start transferring funds from your paypal account to your local bank. If you are transferring more than Php7K it's free. PAg less than Php7K there is a Php50 charge. But if you are moving US $$ (or other foreign currency) there are some other charges (mga currency exchange fees).

Overall I think this is great since we can fully utilize paypal na -- especially sellers.
Yun nga lang...make sure to add a small buffer sa selling price nyo to cover the taxes and fees.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 02:38 PM »
Wow, excellent news indeed - especially for sellers.  Developments have indeed progressed vs. the 'Send-only' system a couple of months back.  Thanks for the inputs jeyps11_c, more feedback welcomed.  ;)

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 04:37 PM »
How exactly do i signup for a Paypal account? Do I need to have a dollar account or an account in the US before joining?

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 05:09 PM »
Nope. No need for a US Dollar account.
I guess the minimum is have a local bank account or a credit card.
Kasi ngayon you can send and receive funds through paypal.
Both accounts you can use to fund your account for buying or withdraw from you paypal account after selling.

Registration is fee basta Personal Account and oopen mo.
Just go to paypal.com
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 10:53 PM »
Nope. No need for a US Dollar account.
I guess the minimum is have a local bank account or a credit card.
Kasi ngayon you can send and receive funds through paypal.
Both accounts you can use to fund your account for buying or withdraw from you paypal account after selling.

Registration is fee basta Personal Account and oopen mo.
Just go to paypal.com

Really cool.  This would really open up a world of possibilities  ;)
Here's a hotlink to the sign-up page > PAYPAL SIGN-UP

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #47 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 04:03 PM »
been using paypal for the past three months, and i have yet to encounter a problem with sending/receiving money. the only problem i had so far was due to the fact that my package failed to arrive after almost 2 months since it was sent. in this case, i had to haggle with the seller directly and he offered to send me a refund through paypal also.

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 02:08 AM »
been using paypal for the past three months, and i have yet to encounter a problem with sending/receiving money. the only problem i had so far was due to the fact that my package failed to arrive after almost 2 months since it was sent. in this case, i had to haggle with the seller directly and he offered to send me a refund through paypal also.

good to note. I gather that one of the key benefits of using PP is the buyer / seller protection.  did you find this applicable in your case, let's say the package never arrived.  TIA

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #49 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 12:06 PM »
actually i talked directly to the seller, and since i had no negative feedback, he believed me. it's happened twice to me already. one was when the package failed to arrive, and the second was when i got an item that was defective. both times, i dealt with the seller directly. i'm probably lucky to have encountered level headed sellers. that's why it's important to deal with sellers who have good feedback ratings. if direct communication with the seller doesn't help, paypal/ebay has this "dispute" corner where they themselves will mediate among the buyer and seller. i haven't tried this though...

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 01:18 PM »
actually i talked directly to the seller, and since i had no negative feedback, he believed me. it's happened twice to me already. one was when the package failed to arrive, and the second was when i got an item that was defective. both times, i dealt with the seller directly. i'm probably lucky to have encountered level headed sellers. that's why it's important to deal with sellers who have good feedback ratings. if direct communication with the seller doesn't help, paypal/ebay has this "dispute" corner where they themselves will mediate among the buyer and seller. i haven't tried this though...

copy that.  many thanks for sharing bro.   ;)

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 12:53 AM »
can you pay ebay US sellers using a personal account? the feature says that personal account has limited ebay function.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline rythrtn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 04:18 PM »
can i use BPI atm (debit card) to send payment to sellers??? thanks!!!
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2008 at 04:26 PM by rythrtn »

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #53 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 04:58 PM »
can i use BPI atm (debit card) to send payment to sellers??? thanks!!!

it's not safe to pay direct debit tru ATM for you will give them your PIN which they might got into the wrong hands. sign for paypal as safest way of paying online.

my bank also sending reminders not to give personal info of my account online.  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline vic12

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 08:38 PM »
kanino kaya pwede makisabay ng order dito? :)

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 07:57 PM »

I just used paypal for an item I won on ebay - currently awaiting shipment and the seller confirmed it naman.  Am just thinking, what if the seller already 'claims' the paypal payment I made, even before he ships the product?  Doesn't paypal, as part of their buyer protection program, hold the payment until receipt is confirmed?  Would appreciate your response.  TIA

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM »
ebay.com ba yan Marl? Ang alam ko sa ebay.com if you have a complaint and it was proven that you really did not get the item and paid for it you will get your credit back. Siguro meron bawas for the processing but not bad kesa 0.

So far I've had a number of transactions sa ebay.com and ebay.ph ok naman lahat.
Pero I deal mostly with international sellers. Pag dito I look for a contact number, pag wala I ask for 1.
Tapos meet up na lang. Kasi nga sa ebay.com kahit pano merong buyer protection.

I think you'll also see sa PayPal account mo if the seller already got the payment...pero not the withdrawal.
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 11:51 PM »
ebay.com ba yan Marl? Ang alam ko sa ebay.com if you have a complaint and it was proven that you really did not get the item and paid for it you will get your credit back. Siguro meron bawas for the processing but not bad kesa 0.

So far I've had a number of transactions sa ebay.com and ebay.ph ok naman lahat.
Pero I deal mostly with international sellers. Pag dito I look for a contact number, pag wala I ask for 1.
Tapos meet up na lang. Kasi nga sa ebay.com kahit pano merong buyer protection.

I think you'll also see sa PayPal account mo if the seller already got the payment...pero not the withdrawal.

Yes, ebay int'l.  Thanks for the response bro.  I've done some deals sa ebay.ph, much simpler you're correct since you can contact and meet up with the seller/buyer.  Actually am more cautious about international, cause it's harder to plead your case I feel.

So to clarify, let's say you were able to justify a refund, who's liable to refund you?  Ebay/paypal itself or do they extract it from the seller's account? Or does ebay/paypal oblige the seller to pay you back directly?  TIA

Offline ferds

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jun 15, 2008 at 08:02 AM »
So to clarify, let's say you were able to justify a refund, who's liable to refund you?  Ebay/paypal itself or do they extract it from the seller's account? Or does ebay/paypal oblige the seller to pay you back directly?  TIA

depende po sa situation...

Nung ako.. meron ako binili sa isang seller sa ebay.. dumating ung item after 3weeks kso nde po 100% working... kinausap ko ung seller about dun sa item.. and nagkasundu kami na i-replace ung item.. so pinadala ko ung item and after nya maverify na sira nga sya.. nagpdala ulit sya.. after 3weeks nde ko pa rin nattanggap ung replacement.. then umabot ng 1 month.. wala pa rin... Nasa mabuting kamay na cguru kya di dumating  :-[. so email ko ung seller and sinabi ko na wala pa ung replacement...After some discussions sa seller..nagdecide po sya na i-refund nalang ung bayad ko.. sa time din yun.. binalik nya 100% ung bayad ko sama pati shipping.. :)

Pwde rin po kyo magfile sa ebay ng Item not received.. gagawin lang po ng ebay eh, bigyan lang ng warning ung seller.. sa alam ko after ng 3 warnings dun palang ma-bban ung seller..

para po mabawi ung pera nyo.. kailangan nyo mag open ng PAYPAL DISPUTE.. basahin nyo nalng po link sa baba kung papano..

How to win a Paypal dispute for Buyers and Sellers
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-win-a-Paypal-dispute-for-Buyers-and-Sellers_W0QQugidZ10000000001676577

gud luck..
------> www.FerdsAudio.com <------- Updated July 8

Offline Marl☆1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jun 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM »
depende po sa situation...

Nung ako.. meron ako binili sa isang seller sa ebay.. dumating ung item after 3weeks kso nde po 100% working... kinausap ko ung seller about dun sa item.. and nagkasundu kami na i-replace ung item.. so pinadala ko ung item and after nya maverify na sira nga sya.. nagpdala ulit sya.. after 3weeks nde ko pa rin nattanggap ung replacement.. then umabot ng 1 month.. wala pa rin... Nasa mabuting kamay na cguru kya di dumating  :-[. so email ko ung seller and sinabi ko na wala pa ung replacement...After some discussions sa seller..nagdecide po sya na i-refund nalang ung bayad ko.. sa time din yun.. binalik nya 100% ung bayad ko sama pati shipping.. :)

Pwde rin po kyo magfile sa ebay ng Item not received.. gagawin lang po ng ebay eh, bigyan lang ng warning ung seller.. sa alam ko after ng 3 warnings dun palang ma-bban ung seller..

para po mabawi ung pera nyo.. kailangan nyo mag open ng PAYPAL DISPUTE.. basahin nyo nalng po link sa baba kung papano..

How to win a Paypal dispute for Buyers and Sellers
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-win-a-Paypal-dispute-for-Buyers-and-Sellers_W0QQugidZ10000000001676577

gud luck..

Hey thanks for the info Ferds, appreciate it.  Hope my item arrives intact then para la nang hassle.
Salamat ulit!  ;)