Author Topic: THAT 70s SHOW... yeah, man!  (Read 802 times)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
THAT 70s SHOW... yeah, man!
« on: Nov 14, 2006 at 11:20 PM »

Set in the era of Led Zeppelin 8-tracks, Tab colas and Farrah Fawcett posters, THAT '70s SHOW continues to flash back to the "Me Decade" during the seventh season. The nostalgic series comes from celebrated producers Marcy Carsey and Tom Werner  ("Roseanne," "The Cosby Show") and wildly inventive creators Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner ("3rd Rock from the Sun," "Wayne's World," "Tommy Boy," "The Brady Bunch Movie"), with fellow "3rd Rock" producer Mark Brazill.

Too cool for the Wisconsin suburbs where he lives under the authority of his parents -- RED (Kurtwood Smith) and KITTY (Debra Jo Rupp) -- 18-year-old ERIC FORMAN (Topher Grace) yearns for his independence. But rites of passage aren’t all that easy at a time when jumpsuits and platforms are the epitome of cool. Just ask Eric's ex-girlfriend and next door neighbor, DONNA (Laura Prepon), a knock-out who’s been forced to deal with her parents’ recent split and her dad BOB’s (Don Stark) new life as a swinging single.

Eric gets by with a little help from his friends, who spend most of their time hanging out in the Forman basement and pondering their lives, their parents and their future. The gang includes KELSO (Ashton Kutcher), a good-looking but gullible guy, especially when it comes to dealing with his controlling on-again, off-again girlfriend JACKIE (Mila Kunis); HYDE (Danny Masterson), a conspiracy theorist who thinks Xerox will take over the world; and FEZ (Wilmer Valderrama), a foreign exchange student who’s soaking up American culture like a sponge.

---

ahh, the show that popularized dumba$$. its a bit too late since the show has already ended. but i think it deserves a thread since its one of the funniest shows i've watched man!  ;D

cant get enough of this, but unfortunately our only source of episodes as of now is youtube. watching different episodes per week, jumping from one season to another. one day when its dvds are on sale, we'll have a copy  ;)

fans say the show lost its charisma when topher grace and ashton kutcher left. too bad, they should've ended it before that happened and not just add a new character during the final season
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 08:55 AM by RNIverson »

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
Re: THAT 70s SHOW... yeah, man!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2007 at 05:33 AM »
my wife and i are fan of this show too.

;D

too bad it ended that soon. ::)
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline chocovim

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 04:20 PM »
just finished the season over the weekend. great show. too bad it had to end. i think the DVDs are out but i dunno if its available here locally.

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 06:14 PM »
season 6 is currently on preorder in amazon. got 2 seasons already when it went on sale.

available locally? unlikely, the show isn't very famous in the phils, right?