Author Topic: B&W CM series  (Read 7038 times)

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: B&W CM series
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017 at 11:03 AM »
congratz brother!

what amp are you pairing it with?   ;D

Nad classic 3020 sir luis. Super sarap sa tenga

Offline Bemermeister

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2017 at 05:00 PM »
Hi CM owners. Planning to upgrade to CM3 S2 from 685 S1. Is it worth it? What are the main differences? Currently using Rotel A10 to drive to drive.TIA!

Hi Sir, I'm curious as well, have you tried auditioning the CM series?

Thanks

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017 at 05:55 PM »
Hi Sir, I'm curious as well, have you tried auditioning the CM series?

Thanks

Not yet. Yung natanungan kong store, wala silang demo eh.

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #33 on: Jun 01, 2017 at 12:40 PM »
Hi CM owners. Planning to upgrade to CM5 S2 from 685 S1. Is it worth it? What are the main differences? Currently using Rotel A10 to drive to drive.TIA!

Haven't heard that combo, but I've auditioned both CM6 and 685 S2 using audiolab 8200A and Onkyo 656 and here are my thoughts:
1. 685 s2 and CM6 sound almost the same with the Onkyo 656, with advantage to CM6 as more details are heard with more resolution and floating highs. For me, not worth the almost 50k difference.
2. with the audiolab, CM6 is miles better than the 685 S2. The audiolab is too bright with the 685 and while it sounds so much nicer compared to the Onkyo, I was annoyed by the highs in around 10 minutes. The CM6 was quite a delight, soundstage was wider and instruments have more depth.

Best to audition both; Most likely the CM6 wasn't brought to it's full potential, but for me in the case above, I'd rather get the 685 S2 and a asw610, and still have some funds for a china tube amp. Given your budget though, I'd suggest also auditioning the Elac UB6. It's very close to the sound of the CM6 for me, it doesn't have the pretty tweeter on top though.