Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415790 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #60 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:13 AM »
Welcome jeckjeck....just click on your shipping address to Jac N.Y. after you have added it on your amazon acct....I think 4 single dvds costs P500 plus when you shipped it to JAC just use free shipping at amazon so that you can have more savings.  :) medyo bulky kasi box ng amazon.....

Yup definitely mas mabilis thru JAC than Royal Logistics but sometimes according to Rej....10 days nandito na package mo thru Royal Logistics, yung iba 2-3 weeks arrival.

Offline wedge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:14 AM »
You can also send an item to a recipient (aside from yourself) as long as you're the one paying for it  ;D

I had amazon ship a package to someone I know in Manila but the billing address is my address here in Florida.

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:19 AM »
Got to ask this q: has anyone dealt with QC PO?

I had amazon ship something to the Philippines recently, but I haven't heard from the recipient if she got the package already. I'd like to ask if the item have to go through those customs stuff and the likes and taxes and whatnots...

...nah, anyway, it's not my problem anymore ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:20 AM by wedge »

Offline Rnold

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 09:05 AM »
Thanks keating! So even if they say na the shipping address has to be the billing address of the credit card, pwede sa ibang address. The credit card transaction will still go through? Masmabilis through JAC versus Royal Logistics? Cheaper?  ???

Hi jeckjeck, thanks for the coffee maker!  :)

Any address you choose will be accepted by Amazon and the transaction will push through...

Depends eh... 1.) free shipping via US c/o JAC NY to JAC Mnl takes about 1-2 weeks. 2.) Royal logistics fastest via international shipping is i've heard 10 days or it would take as long as 3-4 weeks. also, try it first and see if it gets delivered straight to your doorstep or via pickup at post office.

goodluck!

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 06:56 PM »
Thanks keating, wedge, & Rnold (hope ur enjoying brewed coffee now because that's the way I like my coffee)! This is what I love about PDVD - a lot of people willing to help out.  :D :D :D

I did get  a confirmation e-mail from Amazon that they already shipped my Seinfeld Seasons 1-3 box sets yesterday via expedited air delivery. ETA is from Dec 1 to 7 - that will be my first delivery from Amazon to Manila. If all goes well with Royal, I'll stick to having them delivery directly to Manila. I paid about only $14 for expedited air delivery for the 2 box sets.  ;D

wedge, the reason I am asking these questions really is because I want to avoid dealing with any post offices here in the Philippines.  >:( A lot of bad experiences already with Makati PO, Las Pinas PO, Alabang PO & ayoko na PO! Sorry OT na PO!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:03 PM »
Jeckjeck sorry to say this but did you use Expedite Intl shipping in your packages at amazon.com going to Manila?

I think they use DHL courier in that shipping method and it is very pricey and exorbitant dude. Check the other thread on online shopping about the topic DHL sucks....

when I used that before I ended up paying P1800 for just 3 dvds.....i suggest bro just use standard intl shipping....

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:17 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Pinapaiyak mo naman ako keating... huhuhuhu  :'( Excited kasi ako to get the Seinfeld dvds...  :-[
By P1800, are you refering to the shipping cost or some additional costs? I paid a total of $14.99 for the 2 Seinfeld box sets which is about P850.00.

Haaaaayyyy... what problems should I expect with DHL then? BAD TRIP!!!
Malas yata talaga ako sa mga online shopping....  :(

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:24 PM »
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Pinapaiyak mo naman ako keating... huhuhuhu  :'( Excited kasi ako to get the Seinfeld dvds...  :-[
By P1800, are you refering to the shipping cost or some additional costs? I paid a total of $14.99 for the 2 Seinfeld box sets which is about P850.00.

Haaaaayyyy... what problems should I expect with DHL then? BAD TRIP!!!
Malas yata talaga ako sa mga online shopping....  :(

Naku jeckjeck bro....I truly sympathize with you..... :(.....sorry about that dapat pala na-warningan kita about Expedite Intl shipping......but let's wait and see kung hawak na rin ng Royal Logistics ang DHL so that you'll not pay for their exorbitant fees.....DHL was my first nightmare on online shopping......I was very happy because it has tracking no....ang bilis.....just a few days......DHL  is now knocking at your door and presto.....you'll pay pala...... :(

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:26 PM »
bro keating, International Expedited is via Deutsch Post.. then Royal Logistics (hopefully). DHL service is Priority International Courier.

My "The Terminal (3 Discs)" Dvd set was shipped through DHL yesterday. I have ordered only one copy to ensure that no tax would be imposed. From experience, packages with more than two dvds are automatically taxed by DHL assigned Customs... also expect a P500 minimum allowance which is budgeted by DHL and is integrated in the customs fees manifest. bear in mind that DHL does not impose tax.. it's the customs assigned to the courier which imposes tax and is only collected by the courier.

For Fighter in the Wind LE order, i was charged P3k for the two sets... but well worth it. Of course, if we can save moneys while enjoying this hobby, that would be better direction/scenario too.

8)

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:36 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:29 PM »
By P1800 jeckjeck I paid for DHL charges which includes tax kuno aside from the shipping charges from amazon.....you know man....when my package was delivered to my door step when I saw my bill hindi ko na nabigyan ng softdrink for consolation the messenger.

truly a bad trip experience..... :(

so hemisphere out sa danger zone si jeckjeck? Jeck chin up bro..... ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:34 PM by keating »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:35 PM »
my bad keating... victim of my own excitement  :P ... hmmmm... sana nga thru Royal na rin... the last post on the DHL sucks thread was August 2004... when did Royal start doing the shipping for Amazon? Weird naman if they maintain 2 companies for their deliveries... or I'm just trying to comfort myself... Takot ako sa last post ni sir hem... P2400+ taxes for $75 worth of dvds... that really sucks... bale wala ang preorder discount kung ganun... but I am keeping my fingers crossed... I'll call Royal nga bukas...

I'll just stick to R3s and buying from the Marketplace for R1s if things go awry...

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:44 PM »
Good thing dude you'll learn from this experience and don't forget to update us how much you paid for.

Chin up bro....its just a small problem compared to my current problems..... ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:51 PM »
cheer up buddy-o! dont confuse yourself. and dont panic! it's contagious.. relax..  ;)

if your package is to be delivered via dhl, you'll receive a tracking number for monitoring. also, when you check your amazon account page, you can track your package and this logo would appear:

otherwise, your package would be delivered using the regular method. hopefully (again), via Royal Logistics. expedited shipping is similar to standard shipping... you just pay higher fees. the delivery time difference is 2-3 days.

my only hope is that our co-members would regularly update this page so we'll know if their packages are delivered by Royal Logistics and forwarded as a local mail or straight to our local PO's from the US.

8)

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 07:55 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:01 PM »

Chin up bro....its just a small problem compared to my current problems..... ;)

Thanks keating & hemisphere... I received a tracking number via e-mail from Amazon yesterday just did not read thru the entire e-mail... I'll probably check my Amazon account later...  :(

Tama ka keating... as another PDVD member, paolorenz, told me before... there are a lot of bigger problems than the problems I have... My problems: shipping fees, which DVD to order next, which AVR to upgrade to... Other's problems: hunger, sickness, unemployment... sorry OT again...  :(

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:16 PM »
Thanks keating & hemisphere... I received a tracking number via e-mail from Amazon yesterday just did not read thru the entire e-mail... I'll probably check my Amazon account later...  :(

I did get  a confirmation e-mail from Amazon that they already shipped my Seinfeld Seasons 1-3 box sets yesterday via expedited air delivery. ETA is from Dec 1 to 7 - that will be my first delivery from Amazon to Manila. If all goes well with Royal, I'll stick to having them delivery directly to Manila. I paid about only $14 for expedited air delivery for the 2 box sets.

saw these two posts jeckjeck..

bro, you may want to recheck your account page.. when your package ships via DHL, Estimated Arrival Time is 4-6 days only .

my package was shipped yesterday and Delivery estimate:  Nov 24, 2004 - Nov 29, 2004

8)

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2004 at 08:35 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 12:41 AM »
Sir hem, I checked my account an medyo weird nga... Please see the screenshot if you can see anything weird as well. First, I am happy walang DHL logo!  ;D If you check the dates though, inconsistent nga with the description...1st the account info shows the package was shipped Nov. 20 when the e-mail I got said it was shipped Nov. 22 - can this be because they ship only on business days?. If you look at the estimates as well for the ETA Dec 1 to 7, if I make my own calculations based on their shipping descriptions, the latest date I should receive it is Dec. 3. The account info also confirms that Expedited International Shipping is the shipping speed.

Another problem I saw was that the package was shipped to my office address rather tha n my residence which is also my credit card billing address. I was sure I changed the shipping address to my house and did confirm that during the final steps before I confirmed the transaction.  >:( The reason I had it shipped to my house was primarily because of my bad experience with the post office in Alabang/Las Pinas PO  >:( Does this mean I have to deal with those idiots again?!?!

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 12:45 AM »
oops hindi kumagat yung indert image... try again... Sir hem, pa check naman if you see anything out of the ordinary...  ???

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 10:11 AM »
jeckjeck, your package was shipped Nov. 20 but amazon was able to update their site and your account only on Nov 22.

amazon has no real time shipping or inventory updates compared to dvdempire which updates all status/processes as it happen.

re estimates, always have a mindset that these are educated guesses based on previous transactions and one can never predict the exact delivery date, regardless of shipping option or speed.

re your shipping address, you may email them the original order form or order  revision notice containing the current intended shipping destination for verification.

i assure you that Amazon would gladly rectify the situation.

8)

« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2004 at 12:30 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 03:23 PM »
Thanks again sir hemisphere. At least it is not thru DHL (I hope). I just hope the package gets delivered directly to my office by Royal...

Thanks again!  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Nov 24, 2004 at 07:02 PM »
Jeckjeck kindly update us regarding your packages if DHL would strike again....if Royal Logistics will deliver it that would be fine.  :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 09:41 AM »
anyone knows the contact number of Royal Logistics?

::) ::) ::)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Dec 04, 2004 at 06:20 PM »
hey.. it seems that Amazon would not be shipping via Royal Logistics this season.. my order (placed Nov 11) has not arrived yet. longest waiting time for me... any updates on your orders..

Nakup.. Madadale ang LOTR gift SET order ko pag nagkataon..

??? ??? ???

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Dec 04, 2004 at 07:04 PM »
What do you mean sir? How would they send it then??? Yung Seinfeld box set ko wala pa rin eh...
 :P

Offline number1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Dec 04, 2004 at 10:09 PM »
hey.. it seems that Amazon would not be shipping via Royal Logistics this season.. my order (placed Nov 11) has not arrived yet. longest waiting time for me... any updates on your orders..

Nakup.. Madadale ang LOTR gift SET order ko pag nagkataon..

??? ??? ???

My order was sent by Amazon on Nov 10 (their time). On our time, I think it is Nov 11. It still hasn't arrived yet. I hope none of those low life scumbags in the post office discreetly*COUGH*stole it*COUGH* placed in their personal pockets (or bag) for an early Christmas delight.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2004 at 10:09 PM by number1 »

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Dec 06, 2004 at 06:59 PM »
Mine too.My orders haven't arived yet.I have a bad experience last time.I have to pick up my package at the local post here in pasay city.And paid for the tax.hindi diretso sa bahay :(

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Dec 06, 2004 at 09:30 PM »
Mine too.My orders haven't arived yet.I have a bad experience last time.I have to pick up my package at the local post here in pasay city.And paid for the tax.hindi diretso sa bahay :(

Patay... If your orders were shipped Nov. 10 and up to now wala pa, paano na yung order ko shipped Nov. 20?!?  :-\

Maybe it's a seasonal thing because of the holidays... i hope

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Dec 07, 2004 at 12:45 PM »
My order was shipped last Nov. 18 thru standard airmail international. Until now wala pa rin. Jeckjeck expedite shipping yung sa yo right?

It should arrive within this week..... if my order comes first...then its hit and miss for Royal Logistics.

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Dec 07, 2004 at 04:09 PM »
I have 3 orders shipped before Nov 12 that still haven't arrived yet, but my order of Schindler's List Collector's Gift Set which was shipped Nov 12 arrived yesterday thru Royal Logistics. I'm now hoping for my other orders to arrive thru Royal Logistics, too.  :)
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Dec 07, 2004 at 09:45 PM »
My order was shipped last Nov. 18 thru standard airmail international. Until now wala pa rin. Jeckjeck expedite shipping yung sa yo right?

It should arrive within this week..... if my order comes first...then its hit and miss for Royal Logistics.

Yep, had it sent thru expedited international shipping.. estimated ETA was from Dec. 1 to 7 so delayed na talaga but as JhnuDV has pointed out also, mukhang hit & miss nga, lugi lang me because of the extra shipping fee I paid for the expedited service... Okay lang actually as long as it gets to me...  :-\

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Dec 08, 2004 at 07:42 AM »
Got my package yesterday thru notice at our local P.O. in Caloocan City. Funny it arrived at the same day with my Aunt's balikbayan box from L.A.

I only used standard airmail intl and the date was posted Nov. 25 at the amazon box meaning only one week after it was shipped.... it was already at Royal Logistics!  :)

Jeck jeck and Jhundv just wait maybe it really depends on our local P.O. on how they handle the packages arriving at their offices.

And I have to commend Ray the employee at our local P.O. in Caloocan City really one of our a few good men.  8)
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2004 at 07:44 AM by keating »