Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 416051 times)

Offline brummie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #840 on: Jul 03, 2007 at 09:24 PM »
June 22 order received today.

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #841 on: Jul 07, 2007 at 02:42 PM »
I'm about to order an item worth $120 in amazon.  With all these packages being lost due to the inefficiency of our postal service not to mention the charges customs put on items over $50, I'm quite hesitant in doing so.   I've ordered a few items with less than $50 value shipped to QCPO and haven't lost any parcel.  But I'm afraid that they might charge me an arm and leg with the current item I want.  What's the best option can I choose to make sure it's sent to my address directly instead of being picked up in a PO?  Also I can either have it shipped to a QC or Pasay address.

Offline [email protected]

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #842 on: Jul 09, 2007 at 10:33 AM »
I'm about to order an item worth $120 in amazon.  With all these packages being lost due to the inefficiency of our postal service not to mention the charges customs put on items over $50, I'm quite hesitant in doing so.   I've ordered a few items with less than $50 value shipped to QCPO and haven't lost any parcel.  But I'm afraid that they might charge me an arm and leg with the current item I want.  What's the best option can I choose to make sure it's sent to my address directly instead of being picked up in a PO?  Also I can either have it shipped to a QC or Pasay address.

you might want to try our shipping service. please visit our web site http://www.myusamailbox.com.ph/ for more details.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #843 on: Jul 09, 2007 at 01:52 PM »
But I'm afraid that they might charge me an arm and leg with the current item I want.  What's the best option can I choose to make sure it's sent to my address directly instead of being picked up in a PO?

All I can firmly advise you is: DO NOT ship it via Amazon's DHL, since although that will arrive at your doorstep, they will charge you A LOT MORE than QCPO, and in their case, it's non-"negotiable."
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #844 on: Jul 10, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
Finally! got my June 8 order earlier today at Pasig PO. PO notice came in before lunch at my Ortigas address. Paid the P35 fee

However, a disc of the set was dislodged, making a less than an inch hairline scratch  :P

at least dumating  :-\
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline marckd1

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #845 on: Jul 10, 2007 at 05:32 PM »
lucky You, mine still no sign. But already got a refund from Amazon.

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #846 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 07:41 AM »
Reading through this thread and talking to other members and my personal experience from ordering at Amazon.com for about 4 years.  A lot have been changed from amazon shipping method and the arrival time. 

Orders before September 2004 were shipped via DHL or Deutsche Post and it will arrive for about a month from the time it was shipped and it will be in international mail thus having customs charges.  I'm located at Pasay City and all my packages that time arrived.  If for instance my package didn't arrived at the their given estimate date.  They will reship your order free of charge and your package will have $0 value.  But always my original order still arrived and also my replacement order.  I informed them that I received both the original and the replacement package and they (amazon) ask me to return the original package provided that they will pay the shipping charge.  Sometimes if it's only one dvd or of small value.  They will let you keep it.

Around September of 2004.  the same time Star wars trilogy was released.  Royal Logistics came in the scene and orders arrived earlier for about 1-2 weeks after it was shipped.  But not all (about 80% only). 

My point is that amazon is using another courier because of the massive complaint that they receive here in the Philippines regarding lost packages.  But is it really true that we lost the packages?  I have never lost a single order from amazon (original order and replacement).  Maybe some members or non pinoy dvd members or lurkers abuse amazon.  I mean its easy to report a missing package or declared it lost and have a replacement or report it as damage.

Where is the places or P.O.'s that have rampant loses or packages?  This should help us investigate on where is the hot spots on where not to ship.  Sana lang we contribute on beautifying our image to be a honest Country.  this will affect us naman diba.  Ngayon mas nahihirapan tayong magintay ng package not unlike the time we enjoy 1-2 weeks for our orders to arrive.  Now because of these we are waiting in vain for our package.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #847 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 09:14 AM »
I totally agree with you bro baby on this, any negativity on the philippines will definitely affect us all.  If you guys think about it, what if Amazon totally bans RP, like what happend with EzyDVD  :-\ wag naman sana 
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2007 at 10:01 AM by Dowals »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #848 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 09:25 AM »
I think EzyDVD removes RP from their shipping country list in 2002. They quoted "missing orders/packages" was the main cause they no longer accept order from RP.  :(

Yes agree with baby. So far I've been using the main Malate post office for the past 6 years & none of my orders went missing tho occassionally experienced slight delays.

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #849 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 10:29 AM »
Reading through this thread and talking to other members and my personal experience from ordering at Amazon.com for about 4 years.  A lot have been changed from amazon shipping method and the arrival time. 

Orders before September 2004 were shipped via DHL or Deutsche Post and it will arrive for about a month from the time it was shipped and it will be in international mail thus having customs charges.  I'm located at Pasay City and all my packages that time arrived.  If for instance my package didn't arrived at the their given estimate date.  They will reship your order free of charge and your package will have $0 value.  But always my original order still arrived and also my replacement order.  I informed them that I received both the original and the replacement package and they (amazon) ask me to return the original package provided that they will pay the shipping charge.  Sometimes if it's only one dvd or of small value.  They will let you keep it.

Around September of 2004.  the same time Star wars trilogy was released.  Royal Logistics came in the scene and orders arrived earlier for about 1-2 weeks after it was shipped.  But not all (about 80% only). 

My point is that amazon is using another courier because of the massive complaint that they receive here in the Philippines regarding lost packages.  But is it really true that we lost the packages?  I have never lost a single order from amazon (original order and replacement).  Maybe some members or non pinoy dvd members or lurkers abuse amazon.  I mean its easy to report a missing package or declared it lost and have a replacement or report it as damage.

Where is the places or P.O.'s that have rampant loses or packages?  This should help us investigate on where is the hot spots on where not to ship.  Sana lang we contribute on beautifying our image to be a honest Country.  this will affect us naman diba.  Ngayon mas nahihirapan tayong magintay ng package not unlike the time we enjoy 1-2 weeks for our orders to arrive.  Now because of these we are waiting in vain for our package.

Sad, but so true.  Tayo rin nawawalan dito.

When I was still gung ho in my Amazon ordering, I used to order on a weekly basis.  One time, the package for the second and third week arrived already but the package for the first week hasn't.  I emailed Amazon and they sent a replacement.  The original arrived a week after the replacement.  But, still, it arrived.  I informed Amazon and they let me keep it (actually ask me to donate it).

I also was a long time customer of deepdiscountdvd when they took out the Philippines as a destination and a source for credit card billing.  I emailed them if they could reconsider me since i've been a faithful customer for three years prior to that but to no avail.

We still have a lot to learn about personal and national pride :'(

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #850 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 10:45 AM »
I have to also agree with baby on this..Im in the binondo area and since the time I found out about this site and that we can order from amazon.. I had a  lot of orders ( I think since last year) and no packages got lost..Although I only had a few delivered to me on my doorstep because I chose to pick it up (yes I go all the way to muntinlupa) bec im a dvd addict hehe..I never had a problem really with lost packages. Maybe some delays yes but never lost packages (knocking on wood)..I picked up a couple in the main post office here near binondo and yes they want to tax me big thats why I switched to JAC...

Is there any way that there is a receiving copy..Like if somebody pick up their package in the post office meron rec copy and that copy will be forwarded to royale (for example) and that copy will be transmitted to amazon for confirmation the order has been picked up..Or the buyer will have to make an authorization letter if  somebody (with IDS) else will receive the package on his/her behalf. Printed name with signature with IDS (I know puede fake IDS gamitin, thats the downside) but I dont see any solution to this unless we do this (BPI credit cards and the others usually do this for their safety)

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #851 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 11:09 AM »
But is it really true that we lost the packages?  I have never lost a single order from amazon (original order and replacement).  Maybe some members or non pinoy dvd members or lurkers abuse amazon.  I mean its easy to report a missing package or declared it lost and have a replacement or report it as damage.

I do.  I lost 6 orders since last February (2007).  Previous to that, I have a 100% received rate. Some (most?)arrived at Royale Logistics and got lost somewhere afterwards.   That's why I hate Royale and it's lack of tracking after it left them.  Without tracking, ther's no way to complain to the Post Office, since they are not registered mails.  Repeated complaints to them yielded comments  like 'they will check the PO' which are unhelpful to say the least. and the local PO can't check your package unless it's registered.

I agree that missing packages will affect the Philippines image and even a person's own credit rating.  Kaya nga sometimes, I am wary of filing a lost package report KASI Royal Logistics tracking say they received them, but it never arrived!  So who is Amazon to trust?  Because of this, I just took a lost on two of those unreceived orders and did not file a lost complaint. That's around 3000!!!

I have completely stopped ordering from Amazon for the moment.  Since I can't figured out the culprit.  But it could be somewhere in the Pasay to Binondo PO route.  Since all of my orders handled by USPS were received (albeit I have to pick it up at the PO), I don't think the Manila PO is corrupt (or is it?).  Glad to heard that moks 007 don't have any problem with his orders, since I am also in the Binondo area.

There are probably unscrupulous person who report lost packages even when they received them but REAL missing packages do occur.  Part of the problem is Royale Logistics' reliance on PO.  I think they have no right to be called a logistics company if they only handle Ortigas/Makati area themselves.  Sorry, but I am furious about them.   

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #852 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 11:21 AM »
i have not lost any package....though the routinely 17 day delivery time now almost always takes 1.5-2months.

most often i have to pay na my credit card bill even before the package arrives which is very unsettling to say the least.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2007 at 11:22 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #853 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 06:02 PM »
Since most of us are Amazon.com customers, It's only fitting that I share my experience regarding ordering from Amazon.com.

I've been an Amazon.com customers since May, 2002 when I'm still residing in Tondo, Manila (I live now in Pasig since 2005).  From May, 2002 to December, 2006 I have no problem with the delivery performance of Amazon. com. I/My niece usually received the items (DVDs, CDs, Books) within 20 days using the Standard method.  The box/es has a Royale Logistics label and delivered by Tondo PO (ZIP 1012) personnel directly to my house.  Oftentimes, my niece picked it up in Tondo PO (I usually addressed/shipped it in Tondo since I have bad experiences in Pasig and Parañaque--where I'm working).  She only paid P 35 postal fee per box. 

In 2007, the problem started.  My first two (2) orders for the year were delayed by more than month.  The succeeding order was terrible. I've waited for 2 months before I filed for claims. My orders never arrived.  Instead of allowing Amazon.com to replace the item/s, I just advised them (Amazon) to refund my payment.  Prior to that I already inquired from Tondo PO and told me that they have not received the said items.  I believed them --the PO Head (an old lady who is very kind) and    the PO Staff in charge of parcel (who is also a lady and kind also). If that's the case, I don't know where the problem is.  I don't have any contact# of Royale Logistics and I don't have time to go to their office to inquire from them.   

Right now I stopped ordering from Amazon.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #854 on: Jul 11, 2007 at 07:29 PM »
I do.  I lost 6 orders since last February (2007).  Previous to that, I have a 100% received rate. Some (most?)arrived at Royale Logistics and got lost somewhere afterwards.   That's why I hate Royale and it's lack of tracking after it left them.  Without tracking, ther's no way to complain to the Post Office, since they are not registered mails.  Repeated complaints to them yielded comments  like 'they will check the PO' which are unhelpful to say the least. and the local PO can't check your package unless it's registered.

I agree that missing packages will affect the Philippines image and even a person's own credit rating.  Kaya nga sometimes, I am wary of filing a lost package report KASI Royal Logistics tracking say they received them, but it never arrived!  So who is Amazon to trust?  Because of this, I just took a lost on two of those unreceived orders and did not file a lost complaint. That's around 3000!!!

I have completely stopped ordering from Amazon for the moment.  Since I can't figured out the culprit.  But it could be somewhere in the Pasay to Binondo PO route.  Since all of my orders handled by USPS were received (albeit I have to pick it up at the PO), I don't think the Manila PO is corrupt (or is it?).  Glad to heard that moks 007 don't have any problem with his orders, since I am also in the Binondo area.

There are probably unscrupulous person who report lost packages even when they received them but REAL missing packages do occur.  Part of the problem is Royale Logistics' reliance on PO.  I think they have no right to be called a logistics company if they only handle Ortigas/Makati area themselves.  Sorry, but I am furious about them.   

Gadgetguru, I feel bad nga that this is happening to your orders, especially we are in the same area. Ya I think the manila post office (main) is pretty corrupt in terms of taxing (based on just my one time experience) because I was gonna be taxed on one of my orders that was over 50 dollars around 1500 pesos. I tawad to around 700. This is the reason I switch to JAC, nothing will stop me from ordering from amazon bec of my love of dvds.

Secondly I agree with you there is maybe nga a  problem from royale to the post office, if indeed royale received your orders and lost it somewhere in transit to the post office. They really should have a tracking system and everything recorded..whether if the recipient/buyer received their packages, or if the post office received their packages. etc. etc.  I think receiving copies are the best bet to see who received what..My question to royale is this: How many lost packages are they experiencing? Quite a few or a lot? Same persons ba palagi or a lot of different people? what areas are these that are having so many lost packages?  In the post office of lets say malabon..is it always this one person having these lost packages? These cases to me should be investigated thoroughly and its the responsibility of royale. Royale will benefit from these investigations bec in this way amazon will not choose other couriers...

Thirdly, you might be a subject of (tinitira/niloloko/pangasar or whatever) somewhere, either in the post office or royale bec of the number of lost packages you are experiencing, I dont want to judge anybody on this tho... Maybe you can go to the higher ups in the post office to complain and tell them there is a flaw so how do you get around it. At six lost packages, hassles and some packages you said you already lost as much as 3000 for not reporting, Im really wondering why you are sticking with Royale (not that im saying bad things about royale, mostly I think maybe sa post office na ito problema). But the hassles, problems, cost of what you may lose, and time..even if I have to pay more by going for other services I would not even think  twice anymore. Anyway maybe you can tell royale to make a letter/list of all the packages that went thru them that the post office received..However, Royale might not have that list nga, First is there tracking number? Do they go by name? etc. etc...These are questions to be answered by royale..

Since we are in the same area, I really wouldnt know if I will experience lost packages like you did since after a couple of my orders I started to pick them up straight from royale since last year. I was getting my packages in 10 days or less. Never experienced lost packages. Yun lang I go all the way to muntinlupa..Now after experiences nga with the post office and inconsistencies of who amazon will choose as their courier, I just went thru other services..

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #855 on: Jul 13, 2007 at 03:41 PM »
recently ordered two sets, however the first DVD was shipped ahead of the other one, this time bearing the GM tracking #  :-\

no confirmation on the second one yet

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #856 on: Jul 16, 2007 at 05:45 PM »
I got my package today July 16, 2007.  It was shipped July 1, 2007.  Arrived 15 days or 11 working days after it was shipped.

I got taxed 2,384 pesos for $136.39 value.  And note it was under Royal logistics.

Pasay Central Post Office.  I did not negotiate.  I just ask for a original Bureau of customs receipt. 

I don't want to negotiate because it's only going strait to their pockets and "masasanay lang sila".  But will my payments be still be going to the Customs even though I was issued a receipt?

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #857 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:16 AM »
bro james, you got taxed 37% of the value  :-\

Supposedly, if they issued an Official Receipt it would be included in their (BIR) income.  But we all know what might happen at their end  :-X 
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:17 AM by Dowals »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 10:36 AM »
bro james, you got taxed 37% of the value  :-\

Supposedly, if they issued an Official Receipt it would be included in their (BIR) income.  But we all know what might happen at their end  :-X 
baka iba yung value dun sa duplicate copy....hehehe

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #859 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 01:14 PM »
Guys,

Do you have any idea kung pano computed ung tax for parcels?  Or do they use fixed rate like a tax table or something?

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #860 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 01:27 PM »
I think Keilu has posted a computation of her payment many pages back.   
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #861 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 01:42 PM »
(1) I guess, I will not be ordering any DVD's from Amazon.com "for now"...I have yet to receive my order of the "Bridge to Terabithia" DVD...which was shipped on June 20, 2007 "Amazon.com time"...

(2) Here's now comes my dilemma regarding the delivery "not necessarily the Bridge to Terabithia DVD", at first, I was receiving my package(s) from a delivery-man "not our mailman", without him asking for any money...then our mailman became the person delivering the package(s)...

At first, our mailman didn't ask for any money, but, some package(s) later he started asking for money, from php50.00 to php100.00 to php150.00...so now, I have decided to avoid the mailman...

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #862 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 01:47 PM »
here's the computation made by Makati CPO. I think this is the standard computation, kasi i got an official receipt eh :) btw, my amazon purchase that got taxed was less then $50 (including shipping)

btw, even if your package didnt have an invoice, if your package is inspected, they will tack a $20 price per dvd. so if less than that yun price ng dvd bought, super taas ng magiging customs duty. but then, i guess it will depend pa rin kung ano mood ng customs official  :P

i had a parcel more than $50 sent to bacoor naman, pick up at the post office, i only paid a parcel fee of P35.00. no taxes paid  :D

hmm...MCPO, is that Makati City Post office?

then they will charge you the following (i know they did in my case):

a. Parcel fee of 35.00
b. Then the customs duty fee:
   ie: DVD of $14.00
   Cost of the Shipment (in Pesos): Php 672.00
    customs duty (value x 10%)   :         67.20
          customs doc stamp & EDF:        500.00
                               BIR Stamp:          15.00
                                Sub Total:     1,254.20   
                           VAT x 12%   :        150.50

So, you'll end up paying:
         customs duty:           67.20
         Customs doc stamp: 500.00
         BIR stamp:                15.00
         VAT:                      150.50
        TOTAL customs fee: 732.70

so.....mas mahal pa yun customs fee than your dvd  :-[ :-\

« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007 at 01:54 PM by keilu »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #863 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 02:19 PM »
my first PO experience (Pasig) costed me P35, less than $50

my yesasia package was delivered by the postman directly to my bulacan address, no fee was charged.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2007 at 02:22 PM by Dowals »

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #864 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 03:44 PM »
Are there any chances that amazon and/or other online retailers would lower down the cost of the product indicated on the parcel if requested by the buyer?

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #865 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 06:55 PM »
Are there any chances that amazon and/or other online retailers would lower down the cost of the product indicated on the parcel if requested by the buyer?

i don't think so bro. normally standard computations apply to basically all their transactions.
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #866 on: Jul 17, 2007 at 07:55 PM »

The only online retailers I've shopped from that do this are... Adult Entertainment sites.  ;D

Funny related story: My friend once requested a UK company to lower the price listed on his parcel, as well. He got the most hilarious email response, something along the lines of:

"You seem to be requesting us to falsify our documentation on an item you wish to purchase. That's highly irregular and improper. I can't believe you would even suggest our company would consider doing such an inappropriate gesture and deprive your country of revenues due them from customs duties. You're so rude!"

We were laughing about it for days!  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #867 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 09:56 AM »
If only they knew where these revenues actually go to...  ::)

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 10:08 AM »
recently ordered two sets, however the first DVD was shipped ahead of the other one, this time bearing the GM tracking #  :-\

no confirmation on the second one yet

They shipped these two July 12 & 13.

The July 13 came it today, this is the fastest at 5 days!  :o
delivered by Royale Log to Ortigas address 

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #869 on: Jul 18, 2007 at 10:20 AM »
They shipped these two July 12 & 13.

The July 13 came it today, this is the fastest at 5 days!  :o
delivered by Royale Log to Ortigas address 

That's great news bro. :) My amazon order shipped July 2 & received by royale last July 9 was also delivered only this morning. Talked to Royale last week & they said it had to wait daw ng mga kasabay since konti lang daw dumating na shipment for delivery sa Ortigas area last week. I said ok lang at least I know that my order arrived already. :)