Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415891 times)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #900 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 05:12 PM »
Ordered from amazon.ca which was shipped last July 25, 2007.  Still haven't arrived yet.
Anyone ordered from Amazon Canada?

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #901 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 05:24 PM »
As expected, notice lang, postmarked Aug. 21. I had to pick it up from the PO.

No news from my July 25 yet. Youre lucky, nauna pa sa yo (considering it was shipped Aug 6)
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline RadicalDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #902 on: Aug 23, 2007 at 05:39 PM »
No news from my July 25 yet. Youre lucky, nauna pa sa yo (considering it was shipped Aug 6)

kaya nga ako medyo nagulat kasi all-set na sa utak ko na at least 1 month ko pa matanggap...
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #903 on: Aug 28, 2007 at 06:35 PM »
(1) I guess, I will not be ordering any DVD's from Amazon.com "for now"...I have yet to receive my order of the "Bridge to Terabithia" DVD...which was shipped on June 20, 2007 "Amazon.com time"...

(2) Here's now comes my dilemma regarding the delivery "not necessarily the Bridge to Terabithia DVD", at first, I was receiving my package(s) from a delivery-man "not our mailman", without him asking for any money...then our mailman became the person delivering the package(s)...

At first, our mailman didn't ask for any money, but, some package(s) later he started asking for money, from php50.00 to php100.00 to php150.00...so now, I have decided to avoid the mailman...

REFUNDED BY AMAZON.COM

I hate the idea of not having "Bridge to Terabithia" DVD in my library, I love that movie, but, enough is enough, I don't want to pay anymore of those fees, the delivery man is asking me for, that are questionable. FYI, "Bridge to Terabithia" is going to be C-interactive...and "Hairspray" is also going to be C-interactive...sigh... :'(

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #904 on: Aug 29, 2007 at 05:02 PM »

Finally!!!  ;D
Someone from Pasig PO texted me, my parcel is ready for pickup tomorrow AM

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #905 on: Aug 31, 2007 at 01:02 PM »
Just picked up this lunch time from Pasig PO my package shipped last August 10. Looks like I'll be doing this for a while since most of my Amazon orders bear the AM tracking code... whew!  :'(

Good thing is... at least I haven't experienced losing a package yet.  ;D

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #906 on: Aug 31, 2007 at 01:08 PM »
My Aug 15 order with GM tracking arrived this morning!

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #907 on: Sep 02, 2007 at 09:15 AM »
REFUNDED BY AMAZON.COM

I hate the idea of not having "Bridge to Terabithia" DVD in my library, I love that movie, but, enough is enough, I don't want to pay anymore of those fees, the delivery man is asking me for, that are questionable. FYI, "Bridge to Terabithia" is going to be C-interactive...and "Hairspray" is also going to be C-interactive...sigh... :'(
As I have said in my other posts, for people who is having this problem on scams of delivery people or paying lots of taxes in post office etc. etc.. Why dont you guys use the service of Johnny air cargo. Why are you letting delivery people withhold your opportunity/right to order from amazon.

My combination of Amazon and Jac is the best. I love both of them so much.  :) Even if I pay a little more in JAC, maybe just  a couple hundred pesos, its the best. Also Amazon Wow what can I say..Recently they have a buy 3 for the price of 2 on the high definition discs and few days before this promo, I ordered a lot of discs at regular prices, so I emailed them if they can refund the promo difference. Guess what, it was accomodated. I got 60 plus dollars credited to me. I dont know if im lucky so far with amazon, but  Im really loving the combination of Amazon and JAC. It like lovers in Paris..

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #908 on: Sep 03, 2007 at 11:49 PM »
What is Johnny air cargo?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #909 on: Sep 04, 2007 at 08:12 AM »
What is Johnny air cargo?
Check out the Johnny air cargo thread here in the same ONLINE SHOPPING CATEGORY. Its a shipping service. To me great service, no matter how much you order you will not have any worries if you will be taxed or not. This is what you do to save on shipping. When ordering, orders  that are above 25 dollars, you will be able to select super saver shipping (you will not pay anything here). So they will ship your stuff to an address in USA, an address given to you by Johnny air. So what you are paying is just the fee/delivery from Johnny air to Manila for example. When you amount this out, it is already the same as when you order regularly from amazon with their shipping fee. Then you just pick them up at one of the Johnny air offices. My packages arrive on the avg. less than 10 days. Of course this not always the case, but on avg. I get these fast. Anyway if you have more question, just check the actual thread titled Johnny Air Cargo on this same ONLINE SHOPPING CATEGORY.

MODS pls move this to Johnny air cargo if need to..Im sorry if off topic, just trying to help phildo. Thks.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #910 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 01:08 PM »
OFF topic: Sorry, being off topic but Phildo, pls check nalang the JAC thread also here in online shopping category.
Ive been trying to reply to your PM but it keeps giving me an error. I dont know whats going on. It keeps saying exceeded message sent or something in that nature. I have to check with the moderator or somebody here regarding this.
TY

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #911 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 10:45 AM »
Shipped by Amazon last Aug. 20, picked up the package from Pasig PO this morning.  :D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #912 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 01:28 PM »
as radical posted, looks like i'll see more of the "IMEX Experience", how i wished it was IMAX na lang  ;D

I ordered a boxset recently, it was shipped using imex (AM tracking #) despite my requests for DHL global mail.  :'(

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #913 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 01:48 PM »
I pre-ordered few weeks back 3 items with amount totalling to more than $50, namely Troy Ultimate Collector's Box, Troy Director's Cut Blu-Ray and Smallville Season 6 Blu-ray and the release date of all of these were yesterday. Fingers crossed, I'm glad it was shipped by Amazon just few minutes back with the GM code! What a relief since it's like dodging a bullet from the Pasig PO's customs collection...  :D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #914 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 02:00 PM »
how lucky! congrats  ;D

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #915 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 03:11 PM »
I'm ordering some stuff from Amazon US and it should ship in a fay or two. Sana DHL globe mail ang carrier.

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #916 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 08:07 PM »
ordered from amazon some blu-ray titles worth around $US98.. then i had it shipped via express courier
DHL Manila called me and told me that the package has arrived but they asked me to pay a whopping PHP 2,700 tax.. wtf?
then biglang bawi and asked me if i want the taxes to go down, i need to make an affidavit, that it's for personal use only have it notarized and fax it to them..   ???

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #917 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 09:47 PM »
Regret to hear you rpredicament rexdc  :-[ P2,700 for items that worth less than $100? That's crazy. Not sure if others encountered similar problem. Can DHL "lower" the custom?

Previously, I ordered once before tru DHL from Amazon & got tax around 30% of the value. I will try to look for my DHL billing tomorrow. It seems your P2,700 is almost 50% which is excessively high.  >:(

Gosh if you want the taxes to go down, you will need an affidavit?? That's the biggest BS I ever heard. I think someone need to whack the DHL guy's head. Try to call another DHL branch & get a second opinion.

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #918 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 11:12 PM »
Regret to hear you rpredicament rexdc  :-[ P2,700 for items that worth less than $100? That's crazy. Not sure if others encountered similar problem. Can DHL "lower" the custom?

Previously, I ordered once before tru DHL from Amazon & got tax around 30% of the value. I will try to look for my DHL billing tomorrow. It seems your P2,700 is almost 50% which is excessively high.  >:(

Gosh if you want the taxes to go down, you will need an affidavit?? That's the biggest BS I ever heard. I think someone need to whack the DHL guy's head. Try to call another DHL branch & get a second opinion.

exactly my sentiments.. sabi ko 50% tax? wtf? i'll take your advise and get a 2nd opinion.. baka nagkamali ng compute then biglang bawi kunwari gawa na lang ako ng affidavit instead of admitting their mistake.. lol  ;D

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #919 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 08:01 AM »
I tried it before, the express courier shipping method, back in 2002, for a title that is worth P1,700 (converted). I did not avail of it anymore back then because DHL had slapped me of a customs tax amounting to P1,000+, making my total expense almost reaching P3,000. It's not advisable, IMO.

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #920 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 09:05 AM »
would you guys now if i order from amazon then ship here using JAC? would it be cheaper? what about taxes?

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #921 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 09:25 AM »
Yes, JAC provides good service. No tax. Only handling fee $8.00. Their shiping fee is $5.50 per lbs.

I think others reported Amazon uses Royal Logistic in the normal shipping but this service is only applicable in certain areas in Metro Manila. Try to search tru the thread
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2007 at 09:26 AM by pchin »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #922 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 09:59 AM »
Finally after 4 consecutive "IMEX experiences", they shipped my last order using DHL GLobal (GMTracking #)  ;D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #923 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 12:47 PM »
Yes, JAC provides good service. No tax. Only handling fee $8.00. Their shiping fee is $5.50 per lbs.

I think others reported Amazon uses Royal Logistic in the normal shipping but this service is only applicable in certain areas in Metro Manila. Try to search tru the thread

Sometimes I receive packages from DAVAO PO which were delivered by Royal Logistic.  Usually pag Royal Logistic ang courier, wala na ako binabayaran na fee sa PO.  Pero kung hindi Royal, usually I pay 30.00 fee for the package.  So I guess Amazon really has the choice on what courier they will use.  Havent really requested Amazon to use a particular courier as I dont have an issue yet with regards to packages coming from Amazon.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #924 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 02:39 PM »
Finally after 4 consecutive "IMEX experiences", they shipped my last order using DHL GLobal (GMTracking #)  ;D

Amazon's mood swing perhaps... I just ordered this morning and it's also has the GM code... good for us!   :D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #925 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 02:58 PM »
I hope they make it permanent, for the past months i've been getting from amazon UK, prices are sometimes cheaper & delivery is definitely faster.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #926 on: Sep 24, 2007 at 10:59 AM »
another "IMEX Experience" for me on my latest order, i thought the GM trend will continue  :-\

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #927 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
MY latest item was shipped with an AMZ tracking number. IS that Royale or Philpost?

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #928 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 03:59 PM »
that's the IMEX exprerience, (AM) Post Office

welcome to the club!  ;D

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #929 on: Sep 28, 2007 at 04:19 PM »
Well I don't think they will tax me for an item that cost me $14.00 all in.