Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415814 times)

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #960 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 03:54 PM »
My orders (with GM tracking) which were shipped Oct 3 were delivered this morning by our mailman.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #961 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 04:29 PM »
The registry notice for a sept 16 order, shipped thru Imex (AM tracking), came in earlier before lunch time. It took 30 days to get to me

While driving along A. Mabini St. (within pasig town proper) to claim it, a tricycle from a side street came blazing towards me nickering my front left bumper causing an estimated damage of P3-5K in repairs  :'(  driver promised to pay me on Nov 12, as agreed in the Traffic Management Office. sana magbayad  :-\

one of the horrors in claiming at pasig po  :-\ 
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2007 at 09:06 AM by Dowals »
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #962 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
brod Munskie.  Your shipment will be indicated naman if split or not on your order page.  Sometimes nga they will split your order if your order have no stocks in one of their shipment centers like indicated in their e-mail or if hindi kasay sa isang box.  The problem is JAC.  ones they receive packages from us pinoydvd members.  They make statement already even if we e-mail ma'am Leiden about multiple package expected.  Pakunswelo nalang siguro is the per shipment charge na charge as one but the total weight kasi nadadagdagan.  Thus making it more expensive.  This is the disadvantage over the local post lalo na if you buy box sets or heavy dvd's or gift sets.  I settle for direct shipping if I buy box sets or gift sets.

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #963 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 04:37 PM »
The registry notice for a sept 16 order, shipped thru Imex (AM tracking), came it earlier before lunch time. It took 30 days to get to me

While driving along A. Mabini St. (within pasig town proper) to claim it, a tricycle from a side street came blazing towards me nickering my front left bumper causing an estimated damage of P3-5K in repairs  :'(  driver promised to pay me on Nov 12, as agreed in the Traffic Management Office. sana magbayad  :-\

one of the horrors in claiming at pasig po  :-\ 
That was a very bad experience.  I really hate that Pasig P.O.  And daming tao.  Don't think about it too much bro.  At least your still in one piece at walang nangyari sayo.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #964 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 04:44 PM »
That was a very bad experience.  I really hate that Pasig P.O.  And daming tao.  Don't think about it too much bro.  At least your still in one piece at walang nangyari sayo.

thanks bro james,

i just hate the idea that he'll be home free if he doesn't pay me on the 12th. too much hassle if i file a case against him for that amount

hassle also if i file an insurance claim, participation is higher than the damage.  too bad im still waiting for another shipment, i'm definitely going back there.

Im switching PO!  :-\

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2007 at 04:47 PM by Dowals »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #965 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 04:58 PM »
brod Munskie.  Your shipment will be indicated naman if split or not on your order page.  Sometimes nga they will split your order if your order have no stocks in one of their shipment centers like indicated in their e-mail or if hindi kasay sa isang box.  The problem is JAC.  ones they receive packages from us pinoydvd members.  They make statement already even if we e-mail ma'am Leiden about multiple package expected.  Pakunswelo nalang siguro is the per shipment charge na charge as one but the total weight kasi nadadagdagan.  Thus making it more expensive.  This is the disadvantage over the local post lalo na if you buy box sets or heavy dvd's or gift sets.  I settle for direct shipping if I buy box sets or gift sets.
yup, thanks sir baby, i made sure before the last page that it is 1 shipment.  Sinacrifice ko na yung ibang Blu-ray titles that were part of a split shipment (maybe coming form different shipment location).   I hope JAC will charge me under $29.  Thats the amount Amzon is charging me for direct shipment.  Im from angeles city but I am attending weekend seminars in greenhills so I took advantage and see if JAC will make it easier for me.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #966 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
Amazon prime (free trial only folks) is fast...

Hehe... akala ko ako lang ang nag "free trial" ng Amazon Prime. Yeah, the service is impressive. I signed up for the free trial since I bought a couple of digital cameras and accessories, and my cousin who was coming to the Philippines was leaving the States in five days, and I was too barat to pay for overnight shipping.  ;D

You can actually go to your control panel and already select "Do not automatically renew" in your Amazon Prime options, and it'll expire automatically after the three month trial period, so you don't accidentally get billed for the next year. Mine just expired this week.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #967 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 06:16 PM »
nagtrial din ako ng amazon prime earlier this year and its very very fast! ingat lang kayo to make sure na sigurado na kayo sa order nyo kasi sometimes pagclick nyo pa lang ng place order, items shipping soon na agad ang status  :o you won't have a chance to change your order na

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #968 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 08:16 PM »
Btw.  I just got home and was surprised that my October 1, 2007 shipment via PBIMEX arrived and the postman delivered it today without any charges.  it's a 2 disc dvd that was shipped separately from an original order.  That was fast for a AM-PBIMEX shipping method.  15 days to be exact.  The package was postmarked Oct. 16.
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2007 at 08:24 PM by baby »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #969 on: Oct 16, 2007 at 08:58 PM »
my Oct 3 shipped order just arrived today, via royale logistics, nauna pa sa order ko na october 1.....cguro via PBIMEX yun....

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #970 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 04:54 PM »
earlier today i picked up my Sept 21 shipped via IMEX (AM trackiing)  :-\

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #971 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 08:26 PM »
In my experience, basta isang item lang sigurado amazon will ship it thru USPS with that AM tracking code. It happened to me when I ordered 2 blu-rays & they had to split it into 2 shipments both with AM tracking code. Up to now hindi pa dumarating. I already got the replacement, this time 2 blu-rays in one shipment with GM tracking thru Royale Logistics. So I always order a minimum of 2 items..

What will happen to the original order once they arrived?

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #972 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 09:58 PM »
What will happen to the original order once they arrived?

I will have to return it to amazon or ask them to credit it on my credit card. Unfortunately up to now they haven't arrived yet. This is the first time my order got lost since I started ordering from amazon.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #973 on: Oct 19, 2007 at 08:49 PM »
My latest shipment shipped to Philpost Makati:

Ship Date: September 27, 2007
Arrival Date: Oct 19, 2007
Duration: 22 days

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #974 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 02:59 PM »
I have two shipments dated Oct 1 and Oct 5, NADA pa...and nakukulitan na post office sa akin, coz I have been frequenting them lately...I bet IMEX na nman ito.   :-[

On the other hand, a Oct 17 order I coursed through JAC, im expecting to get tomorrow or Friday....  ;D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #975 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 03:05 PM »
my latest single set order shipped October 23 bears a GM tracking code... thank god!

hopefully it gets here in 2 weeks time  ;D

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #976 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 06:30 PM »
nagtrial din ako ng amazon prime earlier this year and its very very fast! ingat lang kayo to make sure na sigurado na kayo sa order nyo kasi sometimes pagclick nyo pa lang ng place order, items shipping soon na agad ang status  :o you won't have a chance to change your order na

You can turn-off your one-click option on your account page to avoid accidentally ordering items you don't want.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #977 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 06:33 PM »
My order shipped last Oct 17. arrived at Royale Logistics last night (1 week), now awaiting delivery tomorrow :)

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #978 on: Oct 27, 2007 at 07:01 PM »
Amazon.com now have a new face: :)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/events/gno/103-0364783-5425473

I ordered at amazon.co.ca or at amazon Canada.  It was shipped last July 25, 2007 and arrived October 19, 2007.  Almost 3 months.  ???

Ordered also from Amazon.com via AMZ tracking or PBIMEX shipped last OCT 1, 2007.  It was split into 2 shipments.  One arrived last Oct 12, 2007 and the other one arrived last Oct 19, 2007.  Not bad.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #979 on: Oct 27, 2007 at 10:44 PM »
I have two shipments dated Oct 1 and Oct 5, NADA pa...and nakukulitan na post office sa akin, coz I have been frequenting them lately...I bet IMEX na nman ito.   :-[

On the other hand, a Oct 17 order I coursed through JAC, im expecting to get tomorrow or Friday....  ;D
Wala pa rin....I only have a two day window next week, on the 30th and 31st.....I hope they do arrive in time for the break.  Buti pa order routed to JAc nakuha ko na...mas mura pa.  ;D ;D

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #980 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 01:46 PM »
Ordered also from Amazon.com via AMZ tracking or PBIMEX shipped last OCT 1, 2007.  It was split into 2 shipments.  One arrived last Oct 12, 2007 and the other one arrived last Oct 19, 2007.  Not bad.

bro james, that was fast for an AM shipment  :)

Offline Henry

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 10:51 AM »
Buyers of amazon.com, BEWARE.  I bought three watches from amazon.com directly, not from their secondary seller.  One of the watches they send is an USED one.  So many telltale signs: the box is dirty, the bracelet has many scratches, the plastic sticker at the back of the watch is removed, the bracelet has been resized, the removed links is missing two screws, the tag of the watch is missing, the plastic protective covering of the bracelet is removed.

Right now I'm taking up my issue with them and it's not resolve yet.  I told them I will not pay for the return shipping from the Philippines to them because I have already paid $30++ just to have the package send to the Philippines.  They send me a mailing label for free return shipping if the item will be mailed in the United States and stated that the returned item should be in sellable condition or I will only get partial return.  The watch costs only $45.12.  The return shipping charge will cost me $30++.  And now, they will only give me partial refund for sending the "unsellable condition item" in the first place.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Offline wickedmonicker

• Collector
  • Mrs Tom Welling
  • Liked:
« Reply #982 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:04 AM »
I've never experienced anything like that from Amazon and i always buy from them.. but i usually just buy dvds so...

but they are very pleasantly accomodating usually.. and i hope you get your refund or even just the store credit...

maybe you should have just said your item didn't reach you hehehehe  ;) ;) ;)
App-aholic!!!

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #983 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 12:43 PM »
How long does Amazon.com normally take in processing refunds?

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #984 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 01:53 PM »
The fastest that I've experienced is 2 days and none was beyond 1 week.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 04:33 PM »
I just placed an order with amazon.co.uk for the first time today. Hope I get the package safe and sound.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #986 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 04:36 PM »
Well my credit card refund has been processed on AMazon.com's side. However I don't see it in my online statement yet. Perhaps in a few days I will see it reflected.

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #987 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 11:10 AM »
recently placed a 3-set set order shipped nov 9, unfortunately amazon split them into 2 shipments  :P

2 sets via DHL (GM)  ;D
1 set via PBIMEX (AM)  :'(

Offline Marl☆1

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ride Hard.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #988 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 01:52 PM »
recently placed a 3-set set order shipped nov 9, unfortunately amazon split them into 2 shipments  :P

2 sets via DHL (GM)  ;D
1 set via PBIMEX (AM)  :'(

Oh oh... aren't you disadvantaged bro when they split your package in terms of costs?

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 01:55 PM »
Oh oh... aren't you disadvantaged bro when they split your package in terms of costs?

charges remains the same even if they split the shipment  :)