Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 415965 times)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A
« Reply #1170 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 04:28 PM »
I'm sure they do allow shipping via JAC NJ because I've tried it before.  I checked just now and tried checking out an electronic device (blu-ray player) and putting my Philippine address as the shipping address and it was allowed already.  Before kasi the policy of Amazon in general is not to allow shipping of any electronics to the Philippines.  Pero ngayon (at least with 6th Ave) puwede na.  For a bluray player, shipping fee is around $95.00.  Add to that customs tax once it arrives here.  How much ba usually ang standard rate ng customs tax natin for electronics?

I'm really not sure what are the customs duties for electronics. Should be a minimum of 22% but I have always used JAC precisely because I don't want the hassle of the customs.

By the way, were you referring to 6th Avenue as a vendor in Amazon? Not directly ordering from them? If you order through Amazon, you can certainly ship via JAC NJ but I'm not sure if that's possible if you order direct from 6th Avenue.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1171 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 04:59 PM »
I'm really not sure what are the customs duties for electronics. Should be a minimum of 22% but I have always used JAC precisely because I don't want the hassle of the customs.

Depending on which croc is handling your case, yes a min of 22% up to a max of 35% (it's safer to estimate at a higher rate).

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1172 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 05:26 PM »
Depending on which croc is handling your case, yes a min of 22% up to a max of 35% (it's safer to estimate at a higher rate).

+1 sir paul, specially when they see such a big electronic item, 35% looks to me is the norm.  ;D

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1173 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 07:25 PM »

By the way, were you referring to 6th Avenue as a vendor in Amazon? Not directly ordering from them? If you order through Amazon, you can certainly ship via JAC NJ but I'm not sure if that's possible if you order direct from 6th Avenue.

I am referring to 6th Ave as a seller in Amazon..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1174 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 07:37 PM »
I am referring to 6th Ave as a seller in Amazon..

Ah ... In that case, I'd always ship it thru JAC. The hassle with customs isn't worth it.

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1175 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 07:47 PM »
just wanted purchase this book

(http://www.amazon.com/Petroleum-Refining-Non-Technical-PennWell-nontechnical/dp/0878142800/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226574837&sr=8-1)

2 new from $228.90  2 used from $64.00

we'd like to purchase the used sana.

problem is hindi sila nagshishiped sa pinas. what should i do?

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1176 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 07:53 PM »
just wanted purchase this book

(http://www.amazon.com/Petroleum-Refining-Non-Technical-PennWell-nontechnical/dp/0878142800/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226574837&sr=8-1)

2 new from $228.90  2 used from $64.00

we'd like to purchase the used sana.

problem is hindi sila nagshishiped sa pinas. what should i do?

Nearly everyone here uses Johnny Air Cargo. Here's the thread: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=6383.0

Offline pinoydom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1177 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 02:06 AM »
Collectors,
Please check this out!

http://www.manilaforwarder.com/philsurfer.html

Offline Jncruz2000

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Rock On!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1178 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 03:05 PM »
does amazon accept payments through pay pal?

thanks
Did i annoy you...

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1179 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 05:05 PM »
does amazon accept payments through pay pal?

thanks

I don't think so. Meron ka nung $10 off $50 and $15 off something no? ;D

Offline Jncruz2000

• Collector
  • Rock On!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1180 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 05:50 PM »
I don't think so. Meron ka nung $10 off $50 and $15 off something no? ;D

hahaha, wala po sir, i was planning to have a pay pal account because they accept daw transactions with the use of a debit card, eh of all the online shopping sites, amazon has the cheapest dvds and blue rays

Did i annoy you...

Offline Jncruz2000

• Collector
  • Rock On!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1181 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 09:01 PM »
another question po, does amazon accept debit cards? visa electron debit card or yung mastercard na debit card?

thanks
Did i annoy you...

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1182 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 09:38 PM »
another question po, does amazon accept debit cards? visa electron debit card or yung mastercard na debit card?

thanks

sad to say, no. only credit cards. as long as you have a legitimate u.s. address. you can enroll your philippine credit card to accept payments from amazon.  :)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1183 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM »
sad to say, no. only credit cards. as long as you have a legitimate u.s. address. you can enroll your philippine credit card to accept payments from amazon.  :)

you don't need to have a legitimate US address to be able to use your Philippine-issued credit cards in buying  items from Amazon.. You can even put your Philippine-based billing and shipping address for non-electronic items..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #1184 on: Dec 27, 2008 at 02:49 AM »
you don't need to have a legitimate US address to be able to use your Philippine-issued credit cards in buying  items from Amazon.. You can even put your Philippine-based billing and shipping address for non-electronic items..

I agree with sir Oreo! ;D I have been ordering from both Amazon.com and Amazon.com.uk and in both of them, I indicate my credit card and Philippine billing address...no problem! ;D

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1185 on: Dec 27, 2008 at 03:58 AM »

I agree with sir Oreo! ;D I have been ordering from both Amazon.com and Amazon.com.uk and in both of them, I indicate my credit card and Philippine billing address...no problem! ;D

Yup, that's correct. The only disadvantage of not having a US address is that you can't avail of the free shipping promo. :)
SARS!!!

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #1186 on: Dec 27, 2008 at 04:01 AM »
Yup, that's correct. The only disadvantage of not having a US address is that you can't avail of the free shipping promo. :)

You can still avail of the free shipping if you have an account with JAC. So lumalabas, free shipping to JAC in the US from Amazon, and ang babayaran mo nalang ay yung shipping from JAC in the US to here in Manila. ;D

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1187 on: Dec 27, 2008 at 07:03 PM »
You can still avail of the free shipping if you have an account with JAC. So lumalabas, free shipping to JAC in the US from Amazon, and ang babayaran mo nalang ay yung shipping from JAC in the US to here in Manila. ;D

same lang din ba kung sold by another seller sa amazon? meaning hindi talaga amazon ang nagbebenta?

may gusto kasi akong bilin na synths from a seller sa amazon and may free shipping din.

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1188 on: Dec 27, 2008 at 07:30 PM »
same lang din ba kung sold by another seller sa amazon? meaning hindi talaga amazon ang nagbebenta?

may gusto kasi akong bilin na synths from a seller sa amazon and may free shipping din.

You are correct. Hindi talaga Amazon ang nagbebenta, but third party resellers just selling their items throught the amazon website. But they are trusted sellers naman. Na pag may problema ang transaction nyo, pwede mo sya ireklamo sa amazon. Dami na rin ako nabili from resellers from amazon, di pa naman ako nagkaproblema.
SARS!!!

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1189 on: Dec 28, 2008 at 01:18 AM »
so pwede ring magamit yung JAC address even for resellers in amazon? kasi may ibang reseller naman kung direct sa site nila ikaw bibili, they want billing address and shipping address same. kung sa amazon dadaan ang transaction, eh di ok lang magamit yung JAC address?

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1190 on: Dec 28, 2008 at 02:07 AM »
so pwede ring magamit yung JAC address even for resellers in amazon? kasi may ibang reseller naman kung direct sa site nila ikaw bibili, they want billing address and shipping address same. kung sa amazon dadaan ang transaction, eh di ok lang magamit yung JAC address?

Ok lang yun kahit magkaiba. I have different billing and shipping addresses on my items purchased from amazon resellers.
SARS!!!

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #1191 on: Dec 28, 2008 at 11:48 AM »
Bad news, amazon don't do the 30 day price guarantee anymore. Since Sept. 2008 daw. I lost a few (some big) bucks just bec of this. Sayang din, on my recent order of Austin powers blu-ray I lost 8 bucks. On my 2 james bond set almost 50 dollars.. Bad trip.

I made a lot ;D from amazon for a couple of years bec of this price guarantee, sayang ;D.. Oh well..

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1192 on: Dec 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM »

hehe, suri suri, i always forget about this point. because when i registered, i put my sister's address as the billing address, but am using a philippine credit card together with my sister's u.s. address as shipping address.  :)

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1193 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 01:57 PM »
hehe, suri suri, i always forget about this point. because when i registered, i put my sister's address as the billing address, but am using a philippine credit card together with my sister's u.s. address as shipping address.  :)

Hmmm. So hindi pala importante na tama young billing address? As long as good yung credit card.
SARS!!!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1194 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 08:27 PM »
Hmmm. So hindi pala importante na tama young billing address? As long as good yung credit card.

you have to have a correct billing address as they cross check it with the bank.. you can put different shipping addresses though for different packages..

Offline jojitv

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1195 on: Dec 30, 2008 at 08:47 PM »
you have to have a correct billing address as they cross check it with the bank.. you can put different shipping addresses though for different packages..

Yup, that's what I also do. :)
SARS!!!

Offline Chet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1196 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 03:16 PM »
Haven't ordered from Amazon in a while.  So are the days of hassle-free shipping through Royale Logistics over?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1197 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 04:18 PM »
Haven't ordered from Amazon in a while.  So are the days of hassle-free shipping through Royale Logistics over?

Most of us here course our packages thru JAC.. Hassle free indeed..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline byron

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Audio and Video Phile Beginner
  • Liked:
« Reply #1198 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 05:25 PM »
I can vouch for JAC... very friendly and efficient service.  I suggest you ship your amazon orders to the new york office for faster shipping time.

Happy New Year to all!

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #1199 on: Jan 06, 2009 at 06:03 PM »

baket ganun? i am sure my card is a philippine citibank credit card, but i put in the billing address as my sister's u.s. address, how can they cross check that, since ang billing address ko for that card is my philippine address. anyway, for shipping, no problem, i have my sis' house, jac ny and jac nj and a friend's house in tarlac (kakilala kasi postmaster, para bilis labas ng goods).