Author Topic: Newbie and Not-so Noob Thread: Questions (FAQ) on Setting up  (Read 110395 times)

Offline airomjosh

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie and Not-so Noob Thread: Questions (FAQ) on Setting up
« Reply #750 on: Mar 26, 2014 at 08:07 PM »
Hello mga brader, I'm interested on setting up an HT but I have no idea on  how much would it cost to build a decent HT set up? A shop here in China offered me this set-up for 60k pesos.

is this set up a good start? is the price a good buy? if ever i bite the offer, what else do i need to complete the set-up? TIA

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #751 on: Mar 26, 2014 at 08:46 PM »
Hello mga brader, I'm interested on setting up an HT but I have no idea on  how much would it cost to build a decent HT set up? A shop here in China offered me this set-up for 60k pesos.

is this set up a good start? is the price a good buy? if ever i bite the offer, what else do i need to complete the set-up? TIA

This a good HT starter set up for 60K. You will just need a media player (nmt) or a universal bd player and you're good to go.

Offline airomjosh

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #752 on: Mar 26, 2014 at 09:31 PM »
@mbtorn

thanks for the quick reply bro.

Offline lifebringer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #753 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 01:19 AM »
Hi guys, I'm just a newbie and going to setup my ht for the first time and going to buy the fronts first due to a limited budget. I would like to ask for your help what speakers are better wharfedale 10.7 or dali zensor 7? What avr should match them that has a bluetooth bec. I would like to play the music through my smartphone. The speakers will be used 60% for music and 40% for movies. I really love to listen to music with clarity and detail. My budget is 18k to 30k for the speakers and 20-25k for the avr. Would you also please let me know where I can find any dealers for dali and wharfs? And if it is not too much to ask, would you also please let me know any Manila dealer that you know who can provide the best price? Thank you very much in advance for your help! Looking forward to hear from you! God bless!

Offline Timithekid

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Peace out! :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #754 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:12 AM »
Hi guys, I'm just a newbie and going to setup my ht for the first time and going to buy the fronts first due to a limited budget. I would like to ask for your help what speakers are better wharfedale 10.7 or dali zensor 7? What avr should match them that has a bluetooth bec. I would like to play the music through my smartphone. The speakers will be used 60% for music and 40% for movies. I really love to listen to music with clarity and detail. My budget is 18k to 30k for the speakers and 20-25k for the avr. Would you also please let me know where I can find any dealers for dali and wharfs? And if it is not too much to ask, would you also please let me know any Manila dealer that you know who can provide the best price? Thank you very much in advance for your help! Looking forward to hear from you! God bless!

Cant comment much on the Dali's because I've never heard a pair before but for the 10.7's and your mentioned 60-40 use, then I would say its good for your purpose, assuming of course that your audio preference is 2.0 and not 2.1. 

There is a thread here that discusses receiver-speaker matching, look for that na lang.  Ang topic starter is Barrister.  But to get you started, a pioneer-wharfedale combo is an excellent match.  I used to own a combo before I switched and I will still highly recommend it to anyone.  Just make sure that you audition the 10.7's and find it to your liking.

Most of the new receivers will allow you to use your smartphone to play music so I dont think that will be a problem when choosing a receiver.

As for you dealer question, wharfs are carried by a lot of stores so just find which one is near you and pay them a visit.  If from the south(alabang, paranaque, las piƱas area) there is hifi lounge in festival mall.  If you are in makati there is Watts Hifi in makati cinema square.  if you are further north there is listening room and listening in style found in megamall and then there is Sights and Sounds in Shangrila mall.  There are a lot more dealers as you go further north to the QC area and a lot of them can be seen  posting their stuff at the marketplace so I would suggest you visit the MP first before going anywhere else.  Prices are competitive so you will probably get the same quote from the dealers.  (give or take a few hundred to maybe as much as a thousand)
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2014 at 03:14 AM by Timithekid »
PS51E550
BD5500
Marantz 5007/DV500
B&W/Klipsch/SVS
Audio: AMX/Klipsch

Offline royc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Newbie and Not-so Noob Thread: Questions (FAQ) on Setting up
« Reply #755 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 09:41 AM »
Meron ding wharfs sa glorietta
iPod Nano 3G + FiiO L11 LOD + Marantz PM44 SE + Diamond 10.1

Offline lifebringer

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #756 on: Jul 01, 2014 at 05:46 PM »
Thank you so much sir Timithekid and royc!

Offline psyche.!ns!de

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #757 on: Jul 06, 2014 at 07:05 PM »
Hello mga sir, I would like to know if my set-up will work:
An electret ultrasound microphone (48V phantom) >> 48V phantom power supply >> XLR 3 cable(6.35mm jack) >>USB to 6.35mm adpater >> computer.
We will use it for our project in our school. Thanks in advance!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #758 on: Jul 06, 2014 at 08:21 PM »
Hello mga sir, I would like to know if my set-up will work:
An electret ultrasound microphone (48V phantom) >> 48V phantom power supply >> XLR 3 cable(6.35mm jack) >>USB to 6.35mm adpater >> computer.
We will use it for our project in our school. Thanks in advance!

For recording or for amplification?

Offline psyche.!ns!de

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #759 on: Jul 06, 2014 at 09:11 PM »
For recording or for amplification?

For recording po

Offline johndrueco

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #760 on: Apr 23, 2015 at 09:14 AM »
good day sir's. I know that this has been brought out before but I having hard time finding it. question is: how to connect my preamplifier to my power amplifier. thanks in advance

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #761 on: Apr 23, 2015 at 09:35 AM »
good day sir's. I know that this has been brought out before but I having hard time finding it. question is: how to connect my preamplifier to my power amplifier. thanks in advance

Your pre-amp should have a pre-out. Use rca cable connect your pre-amp pre-out to rca ins of your amp.
Walang Setup

Offline johndrueco

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #762 on: Apr 23, 2015 at 12:11 PM »
ty sir courage. how about setting of the selector both for preamplifier and the power amplifier? thanks again

Offline psi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #763 on: Jun 20, 2016 at 10:59 AM »
Hi! Is it adviceable to change my receiver's spring clip to binding post? If so, where can i buy quality binding post? Tnx