Author Topic: Recommend a Speaker  (Read 365636 times)

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #2490 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 01:45 AM »
i have a bose acoustimass 15 (powered) connected to pioneer 5.1 avr, but i upgraded my avr to onkyo tx-nr616.  what can be a good surround back speaker to couple with my current setup?  preferably bose also.

Thanks.

201 or 301....yung 101 pwede din. pwede din jewel double cube, kaya lang di ko alam kung may  nabibile ba na pares lang nito....
WCH CM U?

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2491 on: Jun 30, 2015 at 05:50 PM »
201 or 301....yung 101 pwede din. pwede din jewel double cube, kaya lang di ko alam kung may  nabibile ba na pares lang nito....

is it okay that jewel cube doesn't pass through acoustimass?

i mean can i directly connect 2 jewel cube to the AVR?

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2492 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 12:31 AM »
is it okay that jewel cube doesn't pass through acoustimass?

i mean can i directly connect 2 jewel cube to the AVR?
I wouldn't recommend doing that. AFAIK, those cubes do not run on the regular 4 to 8 ohm variety. It will be best to still use the bass module unless you'd like to risk frying those speakers.

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2493 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 07:49 PM »
I wouldn't recommend doing that. AFAIK, those cubes do not run on the regular 4 to 8 ohm variety. It will be best to still use the bass module unless you'd like to risk frying those speakers.

my acoustimass is 5.1, my AVR is 7.2..  i may not be able to use my jewel cube then.

Offline @lvins

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2494 on: Jul 01, 2015 at 09:26 PM »
http://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/speaker/s-x10-e.html

If your into vintage..
Just wanted to share this forgotten little beauty from Pioneer,looks really can be deceiving this David could sound like a Goliath,close your eyes and it sounds like its coming from a 12" monster.
Little is known about this one but if you ever come across one I highly recommend you get it..best for Tube amps and even SS.

Offline eVampire

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2495 on: Oct 26, 2015 at 01:43 PM »
Good afternoon mga Sir / Ma'am, tanong ko lang po sana kung anong magandang active speakers para sa T.V. na readily available under 15K? Medyo may kaliitan po kasi yung kuwarto ko kaya no choice kailangang wall mountable din (sana po'y may ARC support gagamitin din kasi PS4). Maraming salamat po in advance.
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2015 at 01:45 PM by eVampire »

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2496 on: Oct 26, 2015 at 04:53 PM »

Offline NickiRasgo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2497 on: Jan 01, 2016 at 03:32 PM »
Hi! Anyone can recommend a computer speaker (2.1) around 10K to 12K? Been using Swans M10 right now. I'm happy with it actually however lacks bass (and voume) but clarity/detail is good. Eyeing for Swans M50 but anyone of you have any other suggestions in the same price range? Not really into powerful bass but decent to great is good to me. I'm all for overall decent to great sound quality.

Offline G-Racer

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2498 on: Jan 01, 2016 at 03:43 PM »
Hi! Anyone can recommend a computer speaker (2.1) around 10K to 12K? Been using Swans M10 right now. I'm happy with it actually however lacks bass (and voume) but clarity/detail is good. Eyeing for Swans M50 but anyone of you have any other suggestions in the same price range? Not really into powerful bass but decent to great is good to me. I'm all for overall decent to great sound quality.

If you like how the speakers sounds, i suggest you add a sealed sub and integrate it properly with your main speakers.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2016 at 03:44 PM by G-Racer »

Offline boybandista

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2499 on: Feb 14, 2016 at 05:52 PM »
Hi guys. Not actually an audiophile, just someone who likes good sounding music.

Actually galing ako sa headphone world, so kahit na marami ang similarities, clueless pa din ako sa speakers. Nabigla nga ako sa amplifiers ng speakers, anlalaki kasi ng numero (mataas na output power na 1watt sa headphones, sa speakers parang maliit pa ang 100watts(!!!)).

Could someone give me a good entry-level speaker set-up (pref. bookshelf) for music playback around the Php 20-30k range for speakers and amp? Already have a DAC from my headphone setup (Chord Mojo).

Quick search sa google yielded JBL LSR305 at Yamaha HS5 (both powered, so tipid sa amp). Audioengine speakers (A2, A5) are also frequently mentioned, pero may comments din na Audioengines are not as good as some people make them out to be.

Offline traveler69

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2500 on: Feb 14, 2016 at 08:06 PM »

I do highly recommend your choice: Swans M50.

I have this set of speakers, although I put them back inside the "premium" box packaging (the box even provides gloves to protect the speakers when handling the same!) because my house is still undergoing renovation and I am very particular about dust.

For the amount of money I paid, the Swans M50 exceeded my expectations. It has surprisingly  the sound signature of my older Polk floorstanding speakers. Neutral, balanced, detailed. The height and width of sweet spot is very impressive. The volume can easily and seriously fill the family den and beyond.

As for the bass, you will love the levels of low frequency when you need it and how much you want it (it has a control knob for that).

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2016 at 08:11 PM by traveler69 »

Offline tommy.e.alfonso

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2501 on: Mar 27, 2016 at 06:47 PM »
Help.  I already got a pair of Polk Audio TSi400 for front speakers, CS20 for center, and PSWi125 for subwoofer. I bought TL2 (blackstone series) for surround but not happy with the result.  I am now thinking of making the TL2 for front high but not sure what to get for surround speakers. FXiA4, RTi or TSx?  Room area is about 4x4.

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2502 on: Mar 27, 2016 at 06:55 PM »
Help.  I already got a pair of Polk Audio TSi400 for front speakers, CS20 for center, and PSWi125 for subwoofer. I bought TL2 (blackstone series) for surround but not happy with the result.  I am now thinking of making the TL2 for front high but not sure what to get for surround speakers. FXiA4, RTi or TSx?  Room area is about 4x4.
try re-calibrating first your speakers via avr.

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2503 on: Mar 27, 2016 at 07:22 PM »
you are not satisfied because TL2 is small at 3 inches only as compared to your present existing gears.

the scenario is: you have a floorstander (tsx400) as your fronts,considered big for a small room (at 4x4 only), big center speakers but you have a tiny TL2 for surround purposes. most probably they will not match with the existing setup.mixing and matching is the key.

my vote goes to a simple (and cheaper) Tsx series, Tsx110 considering that your existing polks are tsi series.  if there is tsi100 available in the stores, the better. the manufacturer might have intended it to be the surround, not the tl2. as to rti as surrounds, it might not match well with your tsi fronts because rti series are harder to drive than the tsi/tsx series. as to the fxia4 dipole/bipole, i dont think you will appreciate it because it is intended for large rooms though it really looks great for me (just the looks).

Offline tommy.e.alfonso

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2504 on: Mar 28, 2016 at 10:47 AM »
Thank you sir! Big help!

Offline txtus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2505 on: Oct 19, 2016 at 03:56 PM »
Parecommend po ng bookshelf speaker speaker for yamaha rx v473 range 10-25k lng po. eyeing for elac b6, polk audio rti a3, rti a1 at Polk Audio TSx220B Bookshelf Speakers.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2016 at 04:06 PM by txtus »

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #2506 on: Oct 19, 2016 at 07:06 PM »
Parecommend po ng bookshelf speaker speaker for yamaha rx v473 range 10-25k lng po. eyeing for elac b6, polk audio rti a3, rti a1 at Polk Audio TSx220B Bookshelf Speakers.

my vote goes to the ELAC
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2507 on: Nov 28, 2016 at 10:14 AM »
Any good recommendation for an HK 3770 stereo amp 6-8 ohms speaker not more than 30k ang price?
Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2508 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 08:14 AM »
Any good recommendation for an HK 3770 stereo amp 6-8 ohms speaker not more than 30k ang price?

Elac B6 or B5
Wharfedale Denton
Monitor Audio Silver or Bronze
PSB XB

Planning on getting a 3770 also and pair it with Denton or Elac B6
Walang Setup

Offline teokun

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2509 on: Jan 27, 2017 at 09:44 PM »
Hi mga Chiefs...

Pwede na po ba to for 4.5k?

Wharfedale VR-Vardus Surround Speaker...for surround sana.

I think mejo OP pa for an old model.

Offline MrDeckard

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
Recommend a Speaker
« Reply #2510 on: May 09, 2017 at 07:16 AM »
Pls recommend a floorstander at around 100k.

Have a contour 1.1 paired with a rega elex r and a rel T7. Room is around 36 sqm and
2.8m tall.

Want a set that will scale up soundstage and can comfortably fill the room. Should handle rock music well.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017 at 07:18 AM by MrDeckard »

Offline Deckard

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2511 on: May 09, 2017 at 10:29 PM »
Anybody?

Have a contour 1.1 paired with a rega elex r and a rel T7. Room is around 36 sqm and
2.8m tall.

Want a set that will scale up soundstage and can comfortably fill the room. Should handle rock music well.

Thanks!

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #2512 on: May 09, 2017 at 11:19 PM »

2.8m tall.

Thanks!

You may want to audition Reference 3A MM de Capo BE. They are large bookshelf speakers but have the dynamics and expansive soundstage of floorstanders. Or go for their floorstanders - Episode BE or Grand Veena BE.

Offline Deckard

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2513 on: May 11, 2017 at 10:23 AM »
You may want to audition Reference 3A MM de Capo BE. They are large bookshelf speakers but have the dynamics and expansive soundstage of floorstanders. Or go for their floorstanders - Episode BE or Grand Veena BE.
@mbtorn.

Thanks!

I listened to this before. Was a abit underwhelmed.  But I ll do second listen. Thanks!

Offline Peeves

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • You shall not pass!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2514 on: May 15, 2017 at 09:13 PM »
Anyone have experience with mission mx1 or Polk s15? Looking to buy new bookshelves

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline Agui23

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2515 on: May 16, 2017 at 11:06 PM »
anyone using POLK RTI A3?
okay ba tong speaker na to?

Offline sdsmds

• Trade Count: (+356)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 745
« Reply #2516 on: May 16, 2017 at 11:12 PM »
For me it's ok I'm using it for music only

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2517 on: May 16, 2017 at 11:17 PM »

I used to own this. This is an excellent speaker for its size. Neutral, very transparent sound. I used it mainly for music and it is perfect for a 2.0 music listening setup in a small room.  Then I moved to a bigger place and upgraded to B&W floorstanders for music and full HT sound.

Offline vinvic

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2518 on: May 19, 2017 at 12:17 PM »
Sir's,

I'm looking for advice/opinions on Wharfedale Diamond 230 & Mission MX3, which of the two is better, how do these speakers sound?
Mainly for listening to music, I prefer warm with good detail, but won't cause ear fatigue if listening for long hours. Also it should produce enough strong bass cause I don't plan on having a subwoofer.
I prefer a stereo receiver cause of the built-in fm tuner but a integrated stereo amplifier will also be fine,  budget 25k, can anyone please suggest which will match the speakers above.

Thanks.

Offline Liquidvamp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2519 on: Jul 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM »
Hi po I need your input regarding my Roku 2 PLDT. My Roku can only pass thru 5.1 surround sound sa speaker or AVR capable. Kapag kinabit ko po ba ito (ROKU 2) sa TV ko sa may HDMI in then hooked in another HDMI to the HDMI (ARC) of my TV going to the speaker na may HDMI (ARC) din na capable magdecode ng 5.1 surround sound gagana po ba sya? Planning to buy speaker kasi with HDMI input output or yung may ARC. Salamat po in advance sa sasagot.