Author Topic: Survivor: Fiji - "LIVE" on Crime/Suspense  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Reuven Malter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Survivor: Fiji - "LIVE" on Crime/Suspense
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007 at 05:56 PM »
Does this mean the primetime telecast won't be until Friday? No primetime telecast on Monday?
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007 at 08:32 PM »
There's a replay 9-11pm Monday.

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2007 at 10:38 PM »
Thanks! I'm rooting for Earl but I don't mind if Yau Man were to win instead.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007 at 03:23 PM »
The jury was really full of themselves huh? (with exception of course) Sarap pag babatukan. Specially Alex and Lisi. You lost. Get over it!

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007 at 03:40 PM »
Was able to get home to catch it live. Word on Alex and Lisi! Additionally, Boo also lost a lot of goodwill when he became a fiery "Christian."

They can say what they want about Dreamz but he played the game. I really thought Yau-Man was stupid to give up the truck in the first place. But, he was a gracious loser. In his exit interview, he sounded even more disappointed that Earl voted for him instead of Cassandra. The bitter jury members should learn from him.

If the next All-Stars will push through, I hope they get Michelle again along with the rest of the players who got "screwed" (e.g. Silas, I don't mind another dose of Shii-Ann, among others). Yeah, Yau and Dreamz (from this season) should also be considered.

The season started out promising; then, flopped (mainly because of the rags vs. riches bent). However, it was rewarding for those of us who stuck it out because Fiji ended with a bang!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007 at 04:00 PM »
Another season with Dreamz would make it the first I would abstain from. At least Johnny Fairplay was clearly playing a role to live up to his persona. Dreamz is basically the rat that Susan Hawk alluded to in season one of this show. Yau cooked his own goose when he made that deal with the truck, since until that point, Dreamz was clearly the least trustworthy person who lied his way through two alliances, and never even showed any remorse or even good sinister humor about his actions. He just thought that everything he did was all normal and right. Yau should have known better. I personally don't consider what Dreamz did strategy. I call it... lack of education and absence of moral compass.

I really really enjoyed the Final Tribal Council, though. Best since Season One, IMHO. It's fun when there are a lot of poor sports. They're enjoyable to watch and mock. Then you end with Yau Man, who shows how to handle loss with eloquent grace. If I were Alex and Lissi, I would've been so embarrassed about my behavior after hearing Yau's questions.

The final TC made a lackluster season really great for me.  ;D

What's up with the two week wait on C/S for the reunion show, though? Luckily there are "alternative sources," so I'm gonna watch the reunion show now...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 at 04:03 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline cbs

• Collector
  • Don't be so humble. You are not that great.(GMeir)
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007 at 04:10 PM »
(Spoiler warning!)

Finally, the votes have been counted (not in the Philippine elections, but in Survivor: Fiji)...and the winner won by a landslide! I would've wanted Yau-Man to win because he has worked the hardest (and was such a gracious loser)! As for Earl, I thought he was smart to have voted off Yau-Man because if he hadn't, Yau-Man would've won (if not in a landslide, a very close fight). I would've wanted Boo to be in the final 3. This would've made the decision harder for the jury.

As for Cassandra, she's the Becky of this season! Dreamz, well, he can convince himself that he was just playing the game, but in my book, he still doesn't have class. Another Survivor villain. I guess he won't even get the entire US$100,000 prize money for the runner-up since he still has Cassandra to split it with.

Sayang, if Yau-Man won, it would have been a perfect segueway to the next season...him being Chinese...and Survivor being in China! La lang.  ::)

I miss S23's airing Survivor live and without commercial interruptions. Also, why does C/S have to air the Reunion weeks apart? Why?  ???

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007 at 06:13 PM »
Reunion thoughts:

I couldn't stop laughing when Jeff was asking Dreamz a question, and he repeatedly answered in incomprehensible jive - exactly like those two black guys from the Airplane! movies. It may be un-PC, but that was really such a bad stereotype that was portrayed. Jeff was so frustrated he turned to the audience and said, "This is what it was like for 39 days!"

Still no remorse whatsoever from Dreamz. Sad.

In the last seconds of the show, Earl greeted his mom "Happy Mother's Day," and gave her half his winnings.  8)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007 at 09:34 PM »
Was able to get home to catch it live. Word on Alex and Lisi! Additionally, Boo also lost a lot of goodwill when he became a fiery "Christian."

Yeah, forgot to mention Boo. Hearing him harp way too much about being a Christian was surreal.

More on Alex. ;D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007 at 09:34 PM by sardaukar »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007 at 11:20 AM »
Yeah, forgot to mention Boo. Hearing him harp way too much about being a Christian was surreal.

From his post-show interviews, it turns out Boo did that since he was really annoyed at Dreamz, because throughout their stay on the island, Dreamz would always say "I'm a good Christian, I'm a man of my word!" every time he made a deal with people.

So, it was more patama-mode than psycho preacher-mode.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 at 11:21 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007 at 11:48 AM »
Okay, that makes more sense.