Author Topic: Looking back:  THE WONDER YEARS  (Read 2906 times)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Looking back:  THE WONDER YEARS
« on: Mar 05, 2002 at 08:30 PM »
Who loved watching...

This is PARC's favorite show.  When I was younger, I didn't even bother watching this (on GMA-7 pa ata yun).  I saw these years after, on cable (when Sky carried StarTV) and become an avid viewer. I was able to see the kids of this show grow-up on tv.  Whatever happened to Fred Savage anyways?  And of the "group", Giovanni Ribbisi is probably the only one who is doing well in Hollywood today.

CLICK THIS LINK to read what they thought of the show, a few years after, when the kids were all grown up.

Where have the years gone by?  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
Re: Looking back:  THE WONDER YEARS
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2002 at 09:44 PM »

This is PARC's favorite show.  When I was younger, I didn't even bother watching this (on GMA-7 pa ata yun).  I saw these years after, on cable (when Sky carried StarTV) and become an avid viewer. I was able to see the kids of this show grow-up on tv.  Whatever happened to Fred Savage anyways?  And of the "group", Giovanni Ribbisi is probably the only one who is doing well in Hollywood today.

CLICK THIS LINK to read what they thought of the show, a few years after, when the kids were all grown up.

Where have the years gone by?  ;D

I didn't watch it either. I couldn't relate to it at that time. Fred Savage's latest is a sitcom in a Dilbert-like environment (Working I think is/was showed here in Studio 23). But before that, I saw him in Letterman talking about what's up with guys and hardware stores.

Offline Bruce_Wayne

• DVD Addict
  • any problem???
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2002 at 10:14 PM »
hello again guys :)

it seems we have a lot in common huh?   Well, i used to watch that show at gma (di ko na-complete) pero there were a lot of episodes na rin kung tutuusin.   To be honest, naiyak pa nga ako sa ibang episodes niya.   There is always sense of wonder (kaya pala wonder years) at that time coz the narrator speaks of his experiences when he was still young.   Somehow, it makes me look back and wonder about my own years.....

off topic:   any threads on perfect strangers and alf?  

Offline j@y

• DVD Addict
  • ThuG LuviN'
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2002 at 10:18 PM »
I'm not sure but I beleive they are showing reruns of The Wonder Years on the Disney Channel
LG Infinia 55LW5600 55" LED 3D
Onkyo TX-SR606
Sony SS-F7000
Sub - PA-120W 500w
Sony PS3

Offline trekker

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2002 at 10:39 PM »

Who loved watching...

Whatever happened to Fred Savage anyways?  

I caught him last night on AXN in a rerun of "Outer Limits." He played the 20-year-old son of an ex-soldier who rescued an alien from an experiment.

Fred's younger brother played the lead, Cory Matthews, in Boy Meets World for 7 years. Though i didn't see the ep, Fred -starred during the last season.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2002 at 11:47 PM »

hello again guys :)

off topic:   any threads on perfect strangers and alf?  

<off topic>

In the words of Balky B...

Don't be ridiculous! You like these shows too! ;D Get out of the city!;D

Anyway, I saw Fred Savage in that new sitcom Working, but it isn't funny and I still see him as little Kevin.  I guess that's one of the reasons why he doesn't click as an adult, people think of him and still think he's 12.  ;D  And when Winnie grew up, ayun...she wasn't as adorable as when she was 12 rin.  ;D

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2002 at 04:10 AM »
;D ;D ;D  I used to watch this series with my brothers when I was younger.  Talagang inaabangan namin to.  it so happened that we had a crush on the girl Winnie...yung girlfriend ni Fred Savage.  ... we watched her bloom into a beautiful girl in this series!   ;D ;D

simple lang kasi ang beauty at maamo ang mukha.  ;D

I also saw him on TV last week...wasn't able to catch the title of the series or movie though. :(

NY152

« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2002 at 09:40 AM »

Whatever happened to Fred Savage anyways?

They're right, he appeared on the short-lived Working, which aired locally on ABC 5. One of their "event" episodes was when Danica MacKellar ("Winnie Cooper") -starred on the show, as the boss' daughter who has a fling with Fred. Never saw a single episode of this show, but I saw some excerpts from that episode on CNN.

Back to "The Wonder Years". I remember when SkyCable was new, they actually had stolen satellite "wild feeds" from ABC (And they sometimes showed CBS, Comedy Central and Showtime programming). I remember watching the finale of The Wonder Years through that - actually a day or so before it aired in the States.

CrUzSACK, being a FRIENDS fan, do you remember David Schwimmer as Olivia D'Abo's boyfriend or husband or something on that show?

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2002 at 02:37 AM »

CrUzSACK, being a FRIENDS fan, do you remember David Schwimmer as Olivia D'Abo's boyfriend or husband or something on that show?

Oh, yes! Now that you've mentioned it, I do remember that!  ;D A hippie Ross, heheheh....

NY152

« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2002 at 02:55 AM »

Oh, yes! Now that you've mentioned it, I do remember that!  ;D A hippie Ross, heheheh....

Yeah, he was basically a "hippie Ross" on that show. I just remembered another FRIENDS connection: During the latter part of the show, Phoebe's brother (Giovanni Ribisi) joined the cast as Kevin Arnold's new "dangerous" best friend.

Did you guys hear the false rumors that "Paul" actually grew up to become... Marilyn Manson?  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 08:58 AM »
Just found out:

"Kevin Arnold" finally got hitched earlier this month.

She's no Winnie Cooper, but...  ;D

Complete news article at eonline.com.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • The future rested on my shoulders...and I shrugged
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2004 at 07:37 AM »
I watched this show sporadically when it ran at channel 7 more than a decade ago, and all the episodes I saw I loved! It was touching, funny and oftentimes real :)

To those watching Justice League though, the "brothers" Jason Hervey and Fred Savage voiced the lead characters in the Hawk and Dove episode :)

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
Re: Looking back: THE WONDER YEARS
« Reply #12 on: Jul 12, 2006 at 07:05 AM »
The Wonder Years will likely hit DVD without its nostalgic music

So expensive are the rights to the more than 300 pieces of period songs from the '60s and '70s that they may be omitted when The Wonder Years is finally released on DVD in the next two years. Which would be a shame, says Scott Lieber, who points out that "the period music on The Wonder Years is critical to the show's emotional resonance, serving as an aural touchstone to viewers of a certain age."
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline sirdaecon

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 12, 2006 at 11:16 AM »
Pag nagkataon ang sarap kulektahin nyan ;D

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 12, 2006 at 11:45 AM »
The Wonder Years will likely hit DVD without its nostalgic music

So expensive are the rights to the more than 300 pieces of period songs from the '60s and '70s that they may be omitted when The Wonder Years is finally released on DVD in the next two years. Which would be a shame, says Scott Lieber, who points out that "the period music on The Wonder Years is critical to the show's emotional resonance, serving as an aural touchstone to viewers of a certain age."

I was expecting this. Clearing music rights for TV shows on DVD requires another round of negotiations. For its DVD release, the creators of Freaks and Geeks had to spend a million dollars to clear all the music for just 18 episodes.